• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 765 Views, 8 Comments

Changed Worlds, Changed Minds - dragonridergoku



What was Equestria like before Discord? The answers are far from what you may believe.

  • ...
 8
 765

Preface

Disclaimer: Dragonrider Goku does not own My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. It is owned by the people who own it. All other characters either belong to me or I have been given permission to use.

A/N: Here it is, a new story for my profile. The idea came to me and I had to write it. Enjoy the story.

Changed Worlds, Changed Minds

By: Dragonrider Goku

From the scrolls of Archimedes the scribe CE 437:

Every pony knows about the time of the later Discord Era through to the present, but few actually know of what led up to the time the Draconequis ruled Equestria. This is true account, gathered by some of the greatest minds in the world, of the events that occurred before Discord took over as king of Equestria. Through a mix of scientific studies and intense time travel magic, we have been able to uncover the events lost to the history of Equestrian society.

Despite the known details of Discord’s reign, his beginning was nothing if not humble. In those early times, the race now known as the Draconequis were considered gods. They were not actually born to their powerful form however; they all started off as powerful magical ponies. They grew their magical strength until their bodies could hold no more.

Before recorded history, an unknown sorcerer found a way to transform his body into that of a Draconequis. Through this transformation, they gained much prowess in the arcane arts then ever would have been possible in a pony body. Their life span was also increased past that of even a dragon if the change was successful. However, this ability came at a cost. If the pony performing the ritual wasn’t at their peak strength of body, mind, and soul, they would experience a long and painful death that destroyed them from the inside out. The ritual had to be performed to absolute perfection or it would fail and lead to all magical power being lost for the rest of the pony’s life as well as their mind being driven to the very peak of insanity.

Despite the dangers, thousands of ponies took the risk. Few, however, actually succeeded in becoming a Draconequis. Only one in every thousand ponies survived the process and ascended to the god like power that ruled the land.
Discord was a young stallion when the events told in these accounts occurred. No matter how unbelievable this legend is, the facts told are the absolute truth. Believe it or not, the creatures we discovered during our investigations are actual living beings that were within Equestria all those thousands of years ago.

This account was created for the sole purpose of informing the citizens of Equestria of the true events that all led to the reign of Discord as lord of all the land. We ponies are not alone. Entire worlds have yet to be discovered by our kind, and will likely remain within the shadows that keep us away from their discovery. Entire universes await us in the mostly unseen portions of this vast area of which we have only just begun to scratch the surface.

“As it once was, so it shall be.” These words from our ancestors have been with us for as long as can be remembered by any member of pony kind. The biggest question has always been, what was it once like? This attempt to discover the answer has led to this answer, but has opened up an uncountable number of new questions just waiting to be solved.

I believe our ancestors were correct in this philosophy. One day, the creatures that brought both salvation and destruction to the long forgotten age of Equestria will return. When they do, we must be ready to accept them or chaos will rule supreme once again in much worse ways than Discord could have ever brought. In truth, neither the Alicorns nor the Draconequis were the true gods. The true gods were far from perfect, far from immortal, and much more powerful.

End of Preface

This is my new story. The actual tales of the times before Discord come in the next chapter. Enjoy the new tales of chaos and salvation, who knows what will happen.