• Published 30th Oct 2012
  • 9,311 Views, 360 Comments

Rage of Broly - chaos2012



When the Legendary Super Saiyan lands in the world of Equestria, friendship isn't something he want

  • ...
43
 360
 9,311

Power of a Saiyan

Broly glanced back and forth between the ponies that were standing in front of him. From what he saw, there was five normal ponies, four Pegasi and five unicorns including the purple one in front of them all. Grinning, he took several steps in their direction, "So, who are you supposed to be? The warriors of this planet?"

Shining Armor glared at the strange being in front of him. "I am Shining Armor, and we are the royal guard to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. We are here to place you under arrest for the crimes committed against the citizens of this town."

Broly threw his head back in a fit of laughter, "Oh my, you think you have what it takes to face me? I will crush you like the pathetic worms that you are!"

Shining’s blood boiled with anger at the audacity of this being. He wanted to make this... Thing suffer for what it did to the ponies in this town, but he was unsure whether they did have a chance or not. Seeing how easily those strange balls of energy were formed from its hands and the amount of damage the wreaked meant this thing must have be extremely powerful. Not only that, but Shining had no idea how much more energy this thing had.

Looking to the guards behind him, he saw that they were all nervous about trying to confront this strange alien. The Many destroyed sections of buildings and stores behind Broly only made the perspective of him all that more menacing to all of them. One of the Pegasi in the group turned to his captain, eyes filled with fear, "Sir, I don't think we should try and fight this thing without the princesses."

Shining stared at the guard for a moment, unsure how he should respond; tell him to straighten up and act like a soldier? Tell him that they could easily face this threat? Wait for aid, which may not come soon? So many thoughts were spinning inside of his head that he barely felt an energy blast rushing towards him. "Scatter!" he screamed out.

In an instant, every guard shot from their rooted spot and jumped to the side, causing the blast to pass by them. The green swirling ball collided with another building down the street, obliterating most of it in a large explosion. The soldiers stared in shock at the sight, but we're quickly caught off by the sound of laughing. Turning around, they saw Broly flying through the air straight at them.

One of the unicorns in the group overcame his fear, charged up his horn and shot a blast of paralysing magic at the incoming Saiyan. Broly brought his right arm forward and shot another Ki blast at it, causing a small explosion when the two collided. Barreling through the smoke, he came up on the startled unicorn before it could react and swung his arm around, hitting the pony with a powerful back fist and sending him careening through the wall of the building to the left.

Frightened by his speed and power, the other guards turned and tried to flee, but not before Broly shot his arm out and grabbed the leg of a flying Pegasus. Swinging the pony over his head like a doll, and slamming down, bashing the Pegasus into the road so hard it created a small crater below his feet. The guard gasped as he felt something crack in his back, numbing up the lower half of his body. Glancing up, he was met with the sight of Broly's other hand, opened up and charging another blast. The last thing he heard before the flash hit him was the sound of laughing.

---

Celestia continued to fly as hard as she could towards Hoovesdale. She continued to sense the energy readings coming from that direction, but was unable to focus on it due to placing all her concentration in speed. She had no idea if Shining and the other guards were alright, which made her all that more worried for when she would arrive.

"Tia!"

Celestia looked around at the sound of her nickname, seeing her sister pass through a cloud towards her. Once near each other, Luna gave a worried look to her older sibling, "You felt the power as well, I see."

"I saw him, Luna..." Celestia answered, "He has already attacked Hoovesdale. Shining Armor and the other guards are already being attacked by him."

Luna's eyes widened even further than before, "Shining!?"

Celestia cast a glare to her sister, "Why did you send him off on his own? You knew they had no chance if they did come across him?"

"I honestly had doubts we would find him, Tia! We searched everywhere and couldn't find anything that showed he ever was here until the energy reading this morning. I sent him to the town to just check on the citizens and see if they saw anything or heard of something unusual."

Celestia turned away and looked ahead as they continued to fly. "Where are the rest of your guards?"

"I sent them back towards Canterlot. I ordered them to prepare every other guard for a possible threat."

Celestia shook her head as she thought of the monster they had to face. 'That won't make a difference. Even if everypony in Equestria came together, they wouldn't be able to stop him. The only ones strong enough are the two of us and the elements of Harmony.'

---

Shining Armor crawled up out from the rubble on top of his back. He had barely dodged an incoming blast as it obliterated the building above him, causing a shower of rocks to crash down on him. His body ached all over, making him nearly stumble over before one of his unicorn companions caught him by the side.

"Captain, are you alright?" the pony quickly asked.

Shining shook his head clear and stood up on his own. "I'm fine. Where are the others?"

"That alien has already killed eight of us. We-

"What!?" Shining screamed out, "Eight?"

"All earth ponies are gone. Two Pegasi and one unicorn are dead. Nothing we do is phasing this thing. It's too strong."

Shining stared in a daze to what he was hearing; eight guards killed in a matter of minutes. Even hearing it from a companion he found it hard to even think this could happen. After a moment, he was able to snap himself out of the trance and look to the pony beside him,"Order the retreat. Fall back."

The guard nodded, but before he could react, a green ki blast struck him in the stomach and blasted him through the brick wall behind him. Shining stared in shock before turning to see the incoming form of Broly. Panicking, he focused his magic and teleported himself behind the hovering being.

Broly stopped mid flight in confusion, then noticed the bright flash from behind him. Flipping around, he saw Shining Armor standing in the street. 'That is an interesting power...' he thought to himself, "Heh heh heh, these ponies are more fun than I thought they would be.'

Shining ran as fast as he could down the road, trying to put as much distance as he could between himself and the insane creature behind him. As he ran, he saw two of the Pegasi guards flying above him. "All of you, retreat back to Canterlot!" Shining yelled out.

One of the guards gave a look of confusion, "But what about Hoovesdale?"

"We have no choice. We can't fight this thing and-

The side of the tall building next to the Pegasi suddenly shattered as Broly burst through the rubble. The flying ponies froze in their spots as the tall warrior flew straight at them, arms stretched out. They gasped out in pain as they were clotheslined and slammed into the face of another building. Their bodies simultaneously went numb from shock as they were crashed through the outer wall and thrown through the other side of the building. Smashing through the wall, they both fell downward and bashed into the ground below.

Broly flew through the opening made by his victims, looking down to the dirt. He laughed when he saw their mangled bodies half buried in the ground, not moving a single inch. Turning his gaze, he saw the final three guards, all unicorns, running for their lives. Grinning, he charged his Ki up around his body and flew after them. "Why don't you just accept your fate!?" Flying past them, he crashed onto the ground and kicked off, launching himself at the helpless ponies.

Shining froze out of fear, unable to move his body as Broly closed in on him. Suddenly, he felt one of his soldiers shove from the left, knocking him out of the way. Falling into the ground, he flipped around in horror as both of his remaining guards were grabbed by their heads inside of Broly's hands. "No! Let them go, you monster!"

Broly chuckled as he felt the guard in his left hand thrashing it's front hooves around his arm, trying to pry it off. Laughing, he lifted his arm high above his head and released his grip, allowing the pony to fall down... Just in range for his powerful leg to kick it right in the stomach. Gasping out in pain, the unicorn dropped to the ground and clutched its gut with his hooves, but was then kicked in the face and sent careening through the air and through the wall of yet another building.

The other guard saw through the openings of the fingers over his face his friend being rocketed through the air. Enraged, he wrapped his forehooves over Broly's arm. Lifting his weight, he brought his back leg up and kicked out, landing square on the tall warrior's jaw. To his surprise, though, Broly didn't flinch in the least from the hit. Instead, he turned his eyes to look at the frightened pony. Behind the hoof in his cheek, he grinned, "You got some nerve trying to hit me like that. Now it's my turn."
Clenching his free hand, Broly slammed a powerful left hook into the unicorns stomach, causing it to buckle over. Laughing at its pain, Broly slammed three more punches to its abdomen before letting it drop to the ground. The pony wailed in agony on the dirt, clutching its many broken ribs. before he could do anything again, he was picked up by Broly once again and slammed down in the same spot, splitting the ground.

Broly lifted his arm off of the limp pony below him, turning his gaze to the frozen form of Shining Armor to the side. Seeing the terrified look on his face made Broly laugh yet again, "Look at you, sitting there doing nothing while your friends die right in front of you. Some kind of captain you are."

Hearing those words caused something to snap inside of Shining; he was sitting there, doing nothing while his comrades, the ones who save his life moments ago, were pummeled and he just sat there like a filly. Hatred now began to flow through his veins as his horn charged up, illuminating the area around him. "You are going to pay for what you did to them!"

"Then why don't you come over here and make me apologize to you." Broly smirked.

Shining Armor shot out a large blast of magic from his horn at Broly, who simply swung his arm around and struck the beam with his hand, reflecting it off to the side. Seeing a straight on attack was useless, Shining teleported behind Broly to try to catch him off guard, but was met with the spinning heel of Broly's right leg connecting with his chin.

"Gah!" shining yelled as he was sent soaring towards a nearby tree. Focusing his magic, he teleported himself a few feet to the left, allowing him to pass the tree and land in the dirt. Scrambling up as fast as he could, he levitated a large boulder off the ground and threw it at Broly, who lifted his arms up and caught the rock like it was a ball! Just to show off, he blasted the rock in his hands into a thousand pieces. As the gravel pieces fell, he suddenly felt himself surrounded by magenta magic shield. "what the... What is this?"

Shining Armor smiled as his horn glowed brightly, "You’re caught in my Force field. You aren't going anywhere now."

Broly grinned at seeing this challenge. "lets see that test. RAHHH!"he screamed out as he focused the Ki in his body. A bright glow enveloped his body, expanding outwards and pushing against the inside of the shield. Shining eyes went wide as he felt the shield begin to stretch from the power being emitted. Sweat began dripping down the captains forehead as the force began to overpower the shield he created. "No, this is impossible!"

Several seconds later, the shield shattered like a bowl of glass, sending the captain backwards onto his side. Before he could get up, a powerful foot came down and stomped his shoulder, causing a loud yell to come from Shining's throat as he felt his front right leg pop out of its socket. to make matters worse, Broly continued to add pressed to the leg, sending waves of pain to overwhelm the captains mind to the point he felt like blacking out any moment.

Broly laughed hysterically as he watched the ponies movements become less frequent from exhaustion and pain. Lifting his leg off, he bent down and placed a hand around the unicorns throat and offer him to eye level. "Is that it? Finished already? This planet truly is pathetic if this is the level of power that these beings possess."

Shining gasped as the grip around his neck increased, cutting off his windpipe. He tried to hold himself up with his one good foreleg, "W-why are you *gag* doing this to us?" he muttered through his raspy and painful breaths.

"Isn't it obvious?" Broly responded, "A piece of trash race like yourselves doesn't deserve to
exist. I am the most powerful warrior in the universe, and I will clean this wretched planet of every last one of your kind."

"What? Wh-why? We never did anything to you- agh!" Shining was cut off by Broly's knee crushing his chest plate, indenting it against his ribs. The pain was now causing his body to shudder in small convulsions.

"I do this because I can. I will kill everything that stands in my way, and you will be next!" opening his free hand near Shining's face, he charges up a small Ki ball and smiles, "Now join your soldiers in the afterlife."

Before he fires however, he sees out of the corner of his eye two more ponies flying his direction in the sky. Turning, he sees these ones are larger than the ones he fought before, causing a tremor of excitement in his gut. "Well well, looks like more want to die today. Perhaps these ones will be more of a challenge."