• Published 30th Oct 2012
  • 9,305 Views, 360 Comments

Rage of Broly - chaos2012



When the Legendary Super Saiyan lands in the world of Equestria, friendship isn't something he want

  • ...
43
 360
 9,305

Three Weeks Later

Princess Celestia quietly sat inside of her throne room before Several other nobles from the High Council; they had been discussing many of the problems that were spread throughout the kingdom. Her mind was becoming mentally exhausted from the constant arguing between the four unicorns before her.

A light green unicorn stood up to clarify his point, "Look, I am just saying that Cloudsdale should not be given any more funding until they are able to meet the cloud quota."

"What kind of accusation is that to make, Baseline?" a black unicorn said, her silver mane shimmering in the dim room.

"It's not an accusation, Storm Runner. I have the proof." Baseline's horn began to glow, levitating his file he had by his side, "This is the cloud report from the factory itself; according to this, the production of cumulous clouds is down by twenty two percent."

Celestia frowned; Baseline was always the one of the four to bring up something that was not going perfect, whether it be the clouds were giving off too much rain or if the train engines had been malfunctioning at improper times. One time he even tried to make it a point when she was two minutes late to lifting the sun. 'The audacity of him...' she thought to herself, 'I had my reasons for that morning. What does he know of raising a sun up into the sky?'

"Just forget about the stupid clouds. We have much more important problems to deal with than that." Storm yelled out.

"Oh, like what?" Baseline asked with a sarcastic tone.

"Perhaps the dragon located near Los Pegasus is something of a big deal." answered a bright magenta mare.

Baseline's eyes went wide at hearing that, "A dragon? When did this happen?"

"About two days ago. Citizens began reporting smoke pouring out of the top of a local mountain."

Celestia sat up, causing the four around the small table to go quiet, "This dragon isn't planning on resting from what they have seen. It seems to want to make this a nest. Do you have an idea of how to remove the dragon?"

Storm glanced around to the others, waiting to see if any of them wanted to speak up. When none of them began, she cleared her throat and looked up to Celestia, "We can always try to coax it out by offering it a small amount of rubies."

Baseline rolled his eyes at hearing that, "Rubies? You shouldn't have to bribe the stupid beast to leave land that doesn't belong to it."

Storm glared over at him, "Ok then, what would be your genius approach to making it leave the mountain top?"

"Force, that is how you get it out."

Celestia frowned at the idea, "You suggest that we threaten the dragon to get out of our land?"

"Princess, with all do respect, it is what should be done. You yourself could fly out there and talk to it. If it refuses, you could just blow it up."

Celestia felt an icy chill run through her body at those last words; they were too recently used by a being who still haunted her thoughts and-.

"Princess?"

Snapping out of her trance, Celestia noticed the four others in the room staring at her with concern. She took a moment to shake her head clear, "I-I'm sorry, but I am not feeling too well. This meeting is dismissed."

Confused looks we're given between the four unicorns in the room. Not wanting to question the orders of the princess, they gathered up their belongings and gave a slight bow before they trotted off towards the large door at the end of the room. After all four were gone, a yellow aura enveloped the doors, forcing them to shut together.

After the council left, Celestia sat quietly for several minutes in the room alone, her body still shaking from the sudden remembrance of the one who could have come and destroyed her home. She closed her eyes, doing away for the image of the tall bipedal figure, his solid white eyes staring with an intent to kill. His name rang inside of her head over and over.

Broly.

Her thoughts went back to the vision that she and her sister watched; Broly stood before a large group of trembling alien slaves below a large cliff. He chuckled as he looked up into the sky at their small planet, before charging up a powerful ki blast and throwing at the group. She watched as the blast swerved up at the last moment and travelled up into the sky, destroying the former home of the slaves.

"Oops, did I just blow it up?"

That was all Broly said before laughing at the despair of the poor creatures. Celestia opened her eyes once again, bringing her back to the empty throne room. Taking several deep breaths, she stood up and walked over to the windows overlooking the city of Canterlot.

Broly's defeat was three weeks ago, but the princess couldn't help but feel that something was still wrong; not one week after they saw him killed, Celestia felt another powerful energy reading in another portion of the galaxy. She was alone at the time, and wasn't able to visually see what was happening, but she could tell that it was a clashing force, and it wasn't Broly.

Whatever that strange power she sensed was, it had disappeared. That did nothing however to take her mind off what was troubling her. She walked away from the window and started towards her personal chambers. She did want to rest her head.

"Broly is dead. He has to be."

---------

Miles away from Canterlot, a small town sat at the edge of the Everfree forest. Rows of small, colorful buildings were spread throughout the community of Ponyville. Ponies walked around the market, trying to complete whatever errands they had to do before the shops closed in the fading light of the evening.

Towards the center of the town, a large tree stood out among the many buildings; installed throughout the trunk were multiple windows and porches, leading to the interior of the Ponyville library. Inside the usually organized library, piles of novels and different encyclopedias were strewn across the floor.

Scuffling through the piles, a purple unicorn searched for the one thing that she needed for the spectacle tonight. Her purple mane with a magenta streak was a mess from scrambling for the last forty minutes. After the most recent pile she had sifted through was unsuccessful, she turned her attention up the stairs to the second floor, "Spike, I need you to find me that book!"

The door at the top of the stairs cracked open, revealing the frowning face of a small purple dragon, "Twilight, I told you already, it's on the second bookcase, third shelf up and ninth book to the right."

Twilight looked up to the shelf where he told her, and sure enough, it was right there. Levitating it off the shelf with her magic, she brought it down to face level, "Guide to local comets and meteors of Equestria. Perfect." she smiled for the first time in a while that night, "thanks Spike."

Spike just gave out frown before turning to walk back in the room he was just in. Twilight was curious what was up with him, "Spike, you alright?"

"I'm just a little tired tonight. I had quite the WORKLOAD TODAY!" he greatly exaggerated the last words with a frustrated yell.

Twilight then remembered she had spike Constantly running errands back and forth between the library and the local supply store to gather different things that they needed. After he was finished with that, he had to reorganize the basement after she had made a mess unpacking the telescope that was down there. She blushed out of embarrassment for not remembering how hard he worked. Before she could apologize, the door to the top of the stairs closed.

"Maybe I should just wait until tomorrow to talk." she said to herself. Turning back to her new mess, she decided to quickly put the books into a more organized fashion until she could get to them later. Now, she had a more important event to watch. Gathering her book and notes, she lifted her head and disappeared in a bright flash.

On the top deck of the library, Twilight reappeared from the teleportation spell. Set out by the railing was her telescope, pointed up towards the sky. Looking up, she saw the light had nearly left the horizon, giving room to the stars and now Luna's rising moon. She smiled up, "It's almost time."

"Almost time for what?"

Twilight was surprised to hear a voice. Glancing to the right, she saw a cyan Pegasus floating in the air. A smile spread across the unicorns face when she recognized the cyan coat and multi colored mane, "Hey Rainbow Dash! What are you doing out here so late?"

Rainbow flew over and landed quietly on the wooden balcony next to the telescope, "I was just heading home. Had a late day training."

Twilight gave a chuckle, "Always training for the Wonderbolts, huh?"

"Heck yeah I am!" Rainbow answered, sticking her chest out and flaring her wings up, "Once they see what I can really do, they will definitely put me on the team. After that, every pony in Equestria will see how fast I am!"

"Well, I do hope you achieve your dreams soon."

"Thanks." Rainbow turned to leave, but then remembered why she stopped, "So... What are you doing out here? And, what is it almost time for?"

"I'm getting ready for a small meteor shower. There are multiple small meteors and comets coming into orbit with us soon."

Rainbow have a curious look, "Really?"

"Yeah, Hey! you want to watch? It should be starting any minute."

"Uh, I don't know if..."

Twilight took a few steps closer, her eyes wide with excitement, "Come on, it will be fun."

Rainbow pondered over the idea of going home and sleeping or staying up to watch rocks in the sky. "Hmm. Alright, I'll stay for a little bit."

"Ok then. Hopefully it doesn't take long to... Oh look! Its already happening!"

Rainbow glanced up to the sky to see a streak of light blue shoot across the sky. Before she could say anything, she felt Twilight grab her with a hoof and pull her over to the telescope. Rainbow watched as the librarian looked into the eyepiece, swiveling it on the stand to different spots in the sky. "What are you doing?"

"I'm trying to get that small comet in the sight." Twilight never took her eye off the telescope as she mumbled, "Aha! Got it. Here, come look at this." she moved out of the way to allow her friend a chance.

Rainbow was hesitant, but after a moment walked over and placed her left eye onto the silver eye piece. Looking through, she saw a bright blue rock smoldering in the sky, the blue flames rushing behind it. The trail of energy left in its wake was truly a dazzling sight, even for the daredevil athlete, "That is pretty cool I gotta say."

"I know right!?" Twilight giggled in delight. Opening the book, her magic rapidly flipped through the pages, looking for the right image that she wanted. After several seconds, she came to a stop, "Here we are; Star swirl's comet, the first comet ever classified. discovered over three thousand years ago by Star swirl himself."

Rainbow turned away from the sight she was watching to frown down to the chattering librarian, "Twilight, you really are an egghead."

Twilight glared up to Rainbow, "I'm not an egghead. I just find these kind of facts very interesting."

Rainbow gave a cocky smirk, "Yeah, interesting for eggheads." chuckling, she turned back to look through the telescope.

Twilight felt her cheeks burn up from frustration, "At least I like to learn important facts."

Rainbow just continued to grin, not even taking her eye off the telescope, "At least I'm not an egghead."

Twilight felt more anger coming up, "You sport jock."

"Egghead."

"Smelly athlete!"

"Eeegheaaad."

"You... You... Unsmart pony!"

Rainbow buckled over in laughs at Twilights frustration, "Ha ha ha! Oh Twilight, I wish you could see your face, ha ha!"

Twilight just grunted and went back to looking through her book, writing down an array of notes.

Rainbow continued to look through the telescope up into the sky, shifting the position of it to see what else there was up in space outside of their world. She gazed at other comets that passed by, on some occasions even seeing some break up in the atmosphere. She also took some time to look at he moon, admiring just how different it looked up close. She didn't want to admit it to Twilight, but she was truly enjoying the time she was having.

Turning the telescope, Rainbow watched another small comet go by, but stopped when something in front of it caught her eye, "what the..." she stuttered. Focusing her eye, she saw what looked like a small metal ball. "Hey Twi, come check this out."

Twilight glanced up from her book at her friend, "What is it?"

"It... Looks like something metal."

Twilight gave a skeptical look at the confused Pegasus, "Come on Rainbow, don't go crazy on me." Standing up, she trotted over to the telescope, and leaned down to look into it, "I could understand an imagination does change what you see sometimes, but you can't let that-" she stopped as she saw the object as well.

The item did seem to be made out of some sort of silver like metal, and it was shaped like a sphere. Another thing she noticed was that there was bright red fire forming around the front of it, signifying that it was entering the atmosphere. Before she could get a perfect look at it, the object disappeared over the horizon.

Rainbow was able to see it with her own eyes at the very last moment, the bright fire illuminating its position, "What was that thing?"

Twilight looked up from the eyepiece, staring off into the direction the object flew, "I don't know. it.. was probably just a new type of meteor. It will most likely burn up in the atmosphere. anyway.” Walking away, she sat back down and returned to her notes.