• Published 26th Oct 2012
  • 8,897 Views, 1,089 Comments

Becoming Fluttershy - Hope



A philosophical and comedic story of becoming one with my inner pony.

  • ...
60
 1,089
 8,897

PreviousChapters Next
chapter 26. News flash

The scene starts out with a reporter sitting at a desk with “Fox news” behind him.

“Good afternoon, my name is George Reddel, today we have some shocking news to report, the leaders of the pony movement, Lauren Faust and Tara Strong, have gone missing during their respective trips home across the United States. This begs the question, why would they abandon their ponies? We have held many interviews over the last week with....”

The channel changes.

“...Without fatalities. We have yet to hear from any of the so called ‘mane six’ despite repeated requests for interview. Many of the wealthy are offering cash assistance to help get this issue resolved, saying that they have children or friends who are now stuck as ponies until this is fixed.” The woman at the desk gives the camera a genuine look of concern. “One has to ask, what chance do they have now that their princesses are gone?”

Another channel change.

“With the presidential race reaching it’s peak here in the United States, both delegates are having to deal with a new demographic entirely! The pony demographic, which is growing as we speak. Senator Obama has a definite lead in this race due to the sympathy generated by his daughter’s appearance on stage as a pony.”

The shot changes to show a hyper white and purple pony next to the senator. “Ponies rule!” She squeaks into the mic.

A new channel.

The screen displays a grainy picture of Discord, standing nearly over a newly revealed Chrysalis while offering a golden apple to her and grinning.

“This shocking sight was captured by a viewer with a cell phone camera. Here we have mythology expert, Tom Davinport to shed some light on the situation.”

The camera switches to a very nervous looking brown pony.

“Um... Hello everyone. So Discord appears to have a basic understanding of our mythology, and is making a very clear offer to Chrysalis, his apple signifies a practical marriage to him, as well as a seed to a greater conflict. Can I get off this uncomfortable chair now?” He whispers off camera.

The channel changes one last time, to show two ponies sitting at a newscaster desk.

“We have word from the FBI that the disappearances are being investigated as a missing persons situation. We can only hope that our princesses are safe.”

The two ponies bow their heads in a moment of silence, and the screen goes dark.

Discord leans back in his own chair, smiling as he swirls a chocolate milk in one claw.

“I love this world, don’t you?” He says to the human seated on the other side of the room.

“I’ve always found it a bit boring.” John says, with a relaxed shrug.

“Curious that you haven’t asked to be sent somewhere else, then.” Discord says with a smile.

John looks at the mismatched creature with his voice.

John had woken up to Discord standing over him, laughing jubiently. Discord had offered him a deal, help him take over and John would get a single wish that could do anything. It was quite the offer, and one that John had nearly turned down until he realized that Discord did not know much about him, or about this world. John had been able to guide Discord away from the most damaging and chaotic parts of Earth’s culture, instead convincing him to focus on his ponies and taunting them.

“My wish won’t be nearly so blase.” John chuckled, sure that Discord would appreciate the thought of a particularly fun or novel wish.

As the god turned back to his many screens, John contemplated his steepled fingers. This was a gamble of epic proportions.

PreviousChapters Next