• Published 1st Nov 2012
  • 2,596 Views, 32 Comments

Applejack and Applebloom in Appleoosa - Metal Pony Fan



Earth and Sky side story. AJ and Applebloom take the train to Appleoosa and make some new friends.

  • ...
5
 32
 2,596

Rockin' Hearts

A second person romance between you and Rainbow Dash. Again, bear with me, this will all make sense in the next chapter.


------------------------------------------------

"THANK YOUUUUU!! YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL PONIES!!"

The crowd erupted into cheers. You raise your hoof into the air and toss your guitar out into the crowd. Much to your surprise, there wasn't a fight over it, and the three foals who caught the thing immediately ran off with. But you weren't about to complain, you were just enjoying the moment.

You had just completed a three hour set for the town of Ponyville's summer sun celebration and they loved it! You didn't really expect this sleepy little town to offer much appreciation for rock music, but the entire town showed to the concert. The hastily constructed amphitheatre filled up so quickly that they didn't have enough room for everypony until one purple unicorn stepped in and asked some pegasi to make more seating by moving in clouds. She then cast cloud-walking spells on at least 30 ponies so they see the show. You had already made arrangements to have some signed gear and stuff thrown her way as a thank you, but you would also have to thank her personally, that cloud idea was a lifesaver.

You reared up and threw your hooves in the air as you offered one last shout into the microphone.

"WWHHOOOOOOO!!"

The crowd erupted into a fresh round of cheers. You loved this, the raw energy and fresh emotion given off by a crowd of satisfied music lovers. But as much as you loved it, you had to get off stage before you collapsed. Those stage-lights are hot and, being an earth pony, playing an instrument was a much more physical exercise for you than it was for your unicorn bass player and keyboardist. And the pegasus drummer got to sit down the entire time.

You on the other hoof were the front-stallion. Vocals and guitar rolled into one. You did rhythm of course, but to everypony's surprise, you could play lead as well as, if not better than most unicorn musicians. This is mostly because you practice the living snot out your guitar. Every day before breakfast, one hour of guitar. Every day before lunch, one hour of guitar. Every day after dinner, one hour of guitar. Bedtime? Guitar. Free time? Guitar!

Through constant practice, you developed and perfected a special two-hooves tapping technique that allowed you to play hard and fast over a wide range, but it had one major drawback. You had to stand on your hind-legs to use it. You always made sure you had something to sit on or lean against, but by the end of a set, you were invariably exhausted.

As you were now. Sweat slicked down your coat and mane and your breath came in harsh ragged gasps. You turned and marched off stage, nodding to the bass player as you went. He nodded back and, using his magic, started launching bundles of t-shirts, headbands, hoofbands and other gear into the crowd. It was mildly surprising when one of the shirts came back enveloped in light blue magic. The shirt had a note with it. "I could design something better for you, free of charge. Rarity." You filed the information away for later. You've been meaning to update the bands image lately but never got around to it.

Right now though, you've got to get offstage. You make your way to the stairs leading to the equipment staging area and start down them. You were almost to the bottom when your hind-legs gave out, leaving you sitting on the bottom step.

"Uh, you all right there, Sugarcube?"

You look up to see the most beautiful mare you've ever seen. Orange coat and long golden ma- Ew! No! Not her! Ugh! Just thinking about it's making feel a little sick. No, next to her. A pegasus, as blue as the sky with a mane of every color. She was small, slender, but she walked with a confidence that bespoke the strength hidden in that wiry frame.

The bright mare that caught your eye was examining her reflection in the chrome pickguard of one of the backup bass guitars. "This stuff's pretty cool." Her voice was a little rough, but it just made her seem that much more interesting. "You ever play for the wonderbolt's? Your music would work really well as background track for one of their shows.

"Well, yeah." You smirked. "We've done a couple gigs for the wonderbolts, so you've probably already heard us."

"FWWWOOOM!"

There was a rainbow-colored after image on your eyes, a set of streaks in six different colors leading from where the pegasus had been looking at the instrument, to your left. You turned to see her leaning towards you with wide opened eyes. "What was it like?" You didn't really hear the question though, you were too busy thinking about her beautiful eyes.

There was just one thing ruining the moment. "I, uh-" With a sigh, you straighten up and face the orange pony. She was just looking at you and it was starting to ick you out. "Do you need something? Why are you back here, either of you?" You look back at the pretty pegasus again to find that she had her attention focused completely on something else. "For that matter, how are you back here? There should be security at the all the doors."

She shrugged. "Doors ain't the only way ta get somewhere, Sugarcube." You could feel yourself throw up a little in your mouth at the way she said that. It was so, ugh, suggestive. "We'll leave soon though. Um, it's kinda crazy, but Ah wanted ta give ya somethin'."

Now you're confused. "Give me something? Like what?"

She trotted over and started leaning towards you. You started leaning back.

She's trying to kiss you! Abort! Abort! Condition red! You cannot let this happen! But she's too close! You can't get away! Closing your eyes in terror, you flail your hooves, latching on to first thing you find and sticking it in front of your face. You could only hope that ,once she kissed something that wasn't you, she would give up and go home. Even so, you kept your eyes clamped shut.

Suddenly, you heard voices.

"Uh, AJ?"

"Yeah, rainbow?"

"Why'd you kiss me on the cheek?"

"Uh, no reason."

"Ok, cool. Uh, I'm gonna go before this gets weird."

"Good idea, Sugarcube."

There was a flapping noise and a breeze. When you open your eyes, you find that Applejack is still there and making no move to leave.

That's it.

you put a hoof to your jeans. Yeah, that's right! Your jeans! Ponies made fun of you for wearing them, but it was the only way for you to conceal your Identity. But you don't give a flyin' flip off a freight car about that right now. Any chance you had with that colorful, beautiful mare was now ruined because Applejack didn't recognize you with a dyed mane.

With a grunt, you use the last of your strength to rip the seam down the side of the worn, faded jeans, revealing the cutie mark hidden within.

Applejack stared in horror.

"COUSIN JOHNAGOLD!?!"