• Published 26th Oct 2012
  • 1,816 Views, 21 Comments

All The Ponies - CanterlotGuardian



A whole bunch of stories. All of them exactly 750 words. Sorta.

  • ...
1
 21
 1,816

An Early Exit

“Are you sure, Miss Rarity? You’re really going to wait that long until your next appointment?”

Rarity looked at the twin spa ponies and smiled kindly. “I do not wish to do so,” she replied, “but business just isn’t at its peak lately… Neither I nor Fluttershy have had the bits to be able to come here and get our regular treatments.”

“We do miss her…” Aloe stated.

“I know you do, and she will be back soon, as will I. Until business picks up, though, I’m just going to have to wait.” She inclined her head respectfully, then opened the door and left.

As soon as the door shut behind her, Aloe looked at her sister and smiled. “She was the last appointment of the day, wasn’t she?”

Lotus went and checked the appointment book. “Why, as a matter of fact, she was!”

The two sisters grinned at each other. They could actually close early today! Days like this were rare, indeed, but when they came along the sisters jumped on the chance to actually take advantage of them. Every time.

Aloe quickly went to the door and flipped the sign over. It now read “Sorry, We Are Closed” to any curious outside passers-by. While she was doing this, Lotus swept up the front area and wiped down all the surfaces. They prided themselves on cleanliness; it was the most popular spa in Ponyville, after all, and one of the most popular in all of Equestria.

Once they were done with that, they looked at each other and smiled widely. The whole rest of the day was theirs and theirs alone.

“So what do you want to do?” Aloe asked as they made their way to the back of the spa. No one knew it, but the building that the spa was located in, was actually much bigger than the eye first recognized. The spa was just the part that everyone saw; very rarely was anyone ever actually allowed into the back part of the spa, which was actually Aloe and Lotus’ house.

Occasionally, they’d let someone go back there, but that was for more… personal massages.

“I do not know,” admitted Lotus. “This is always the problem when we actually get a short day. We get them so infrequently that when they do come, we never know what to do.”

“Oh, I’m sure we’ll figure out something!” Aloe giggled. “Hey, maybe we could give each other makeovers! We do them for our customers all day long-“

“Which is precisely why I don’t want to do it on my off-time,” Lotus interjected. “It’s not you that I have a problem with doing it for, but simply that we’re already doing it for so long that it’s easy to get burn-out.”

“Ooh, okay. You’re probably right.”

Suddenly, Lotus got a mischievous idea. “Say, Aloe… How would you like to go see a movie? Nightmare Night is coming up soon, so there’s bound to be some good movies out in the theatre.”

Aloe looked at her sister warily. “Come on, Lotus… You know I don’t like scary movies, and those are all that’s playing when they’re doing their Nightmare Night lead-up.” She shivered. “You know I get nightmares whenever I see a horror movie.”

“What about A Knight-Mare on Sycamore Street? You seemed to like those movies well enough, and part VIII just released yesterday.” This got Aloe’s attention. What her sister was saying was true: she didn’t get as scared at the Knight-mare on Sycamore Street films than she did at most other horror films. In fact, she rather liked the main character.

“Okay,” she finally relented. “We can go to a movie, but on one condition. I get to pick the place where we go eat. Last time, that all-organic place you took us to, gave me the-“

“I know what it gave you…” Lotus groaned in remembrance. “Besides, that was just because the vegetables they used were bad, and that was just that one time.” She sighed. “But yes, you can pick where we eat.”

Aloe grinned. “Then let’s get going. We’re gonna have a blast!”

---

It was almost dark by the time the sisters made it back to their place. They were laughing together as they recollected their favorite scenes from the movie. Just as Lotus had thought, Aloe had no problem with that particular film; on the contrary, she loved it.

Lotus was a fan as well, so it wasn’t like she was being left out in any way.

When they got inside, Aloe yawned. “Man, I’m tired. I think it’s time to hit the hay.” Lotus agreed, and they went into their bedroom. After they’d gotten themselves ready for bed, they both snuggled up to each other under the covers.