• Published 26th Oct 2012
  • 6,344 Views, 97 Comments

What's going on, and why do I feel fabulous? - Ditz



I turn into Rarity. The catch is that I hate her.

  • ...
25
 97
 6,344

Waking up feeling "fabulous".


I woke up to the sound of my phone alarm, man was it loud! I tried to ignore it but it kept ringing keeping me away from my peaceful sleep.

“I’m Nick” I thought as the phone kept ringing, I said that directing it to the phone, it was obviously doing it on purpose, and it needed to acknowledge my existence before being punished, so I went with the logical solution; I smacked the phone.

I was surprised to hear a crack and looked at it, the screen was cracked from top to bottom; the phone was dead, I had murdered it. I groaned at this, I didn’t have the energy to walk, or rather I didn’t want to make the short walk downstairs to get my keys and get on the car, or maybe it was laziness, oh, wait, that’s the same thing.

In any case the sound had gone away.

“Oh great, now I have to get up.” I said out loud but I realized my voice sounding a little high pitched. Not only had I broken my phone, but I was sick. “Isn’t this day turning out nicely?” I thought sarcastically before deciding to get up since I was awake already and I felt the need to relieve myself with a quick trip to the bathroom.

I rolled off to the edge of my bed, but as I tried to sit on the edge, I ended up falling, and I have to say, it hurt, my rump was in pain and I was not gonna have it. I rolled and tried to stand on my hands, emphasis on ‘tried’ as I fell myself slip, I tried to stand on my knees but found that I couldn’t for some odd reason, maybe my knees were asleep.

“Ok, now I am getting scared.” I said out loud and heard the same high pitched voice. I realized that I was sicker than I thought and I became deadly worried, I was about to put my hands on my face in desperation but stopped and looked at what was in front of me: Hooves, yes, I had hooves.

“This is not happening, this is a dream.” I said in the same sick voice that my mind was beginning to clue me on by telling me You are not dreaming. I pushed the thought aside seeing how useless it was, I mean, who could even believe this, so I decided to try testing if I was dreaming.

---

“Ouch!” I cried out in pain after I so foolishly face hoofed myself hard enough to bring me back to reality and my situation; I was a pony and the pain that I felt by my eyes was proof of that, unless I had somehow been drugged, but I quickly took that theory away, I had spend the previous night on my laptop watching pony videos, not doing drugs, because drugs are bad.

Now there were two thoughts running through my head at this point. One, I was a pony and I should be freaking out, but that was solved by my second thought, which was me being a closet brony and constantly reading fan-fiction based on it, which probably helped ease this. (don’t judge me okay?) My mind was in the state of excitement and sheer terror. It was a very fine line.

A new thought crossed my mind: I had to find out what kind of pony I was, and the only way to do that was to look at a mirror, and the only mirror was in the restroom which was a 5 second walk from my current position. “You have got to be kidding me.” I groaned.

A new problem arose of course. “How do I stand?” I said in my whiny voice, the voice sounded familiar and I seriously hoped my hunch wasn’t correct.

I pushed myself up using my four limbs, it was just like learning to walk all over again and I hated it, I put my left-back leg forward. “Huzzah! I have conquered the first literal step in my journey!” Then I put my right-leg forward and fell straight on my snout.

“Jesus Christ! That hurt!" I yelled out in a very high pitched voice, I shuddered at that and was glad I was alone or I would have to have a very awkward explanation to give, I nursed my snout carefully before moving on.

I fell more times than I can count, but I had managed to get my center of balance and moved more at ease. I stood in front of the sink, thankful that I slept with my doors open, (it wasn’t because I was scared of the dark, you know?) I readied myself and did a slight jump and held onto the edge of the sink, I managed to stay on but I had my eyes closed as I ‘looked’ at the mirror, I calmed down, and opened my eyes.

The first thing I saw was my skin (coat?) was white, and then I noticed my eyes, those were huge, and female noticing those eyelashes sticking out. I tried to keep my uneasiness away from the fact that I wasn‘t only a guy anymore, but a female pony. The next detail I noticed was the horn sticking out of my forehead, or should I say ‘her’ forehead, and her head, had a luscious mane that simply yelled “fabulous”.

I fell myself panic, I was not only a pony, but a mare, and not only a mare, but the most annoying pony I could have the displeasure of becoming and I cursed my earlier hunch.

I was Rarity. I looked at my ’her’ flank and saw the three diamonds cutie mark placed upon my coat, I closed my eyes and opened them again, just to see it there once again, an act that only made the fear part take over.

Now, being the manly man I was, I did the only reasonable thing that any other man would have done if he were stuck in my own position.

I passed out.

---

Hello guys, this is just a story to let some steam out, mostly on the character here, I wrote it on a whim and I was gonna use this for a group under a very predictable name, but I think I will make it my own project now.

That means don't expect me updating often for this.