• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 4,415 Views, 267 Comments

Music Makes The Heart Grow Fonder - Yzanburg



After an amazing concert, musician David Gatzby winds up a top a tree in a very unfamiliar setting.

  • ...
15
 267
 4,415

Wake Up Call

Chapter 4

"Okay, what the hell. Where are my gosh darn pants guys. I can't go on without my pants!"

"Come on David, we haven't got all day here. Hurry up! We're on next!"

"Awwwe shit. I need my leather guys! Help me!"

"Okay seriously? We're on now. Just get on stage, David."

"B-but.. But.. No Pants!"

"I don't care. Get your pasty ass on stage!"

"Guys come on!... No.. No!"


I awoke with a start. Cold sweat slowly making it's way down my face. My face took on a very confused look as I took in my surroundings in the early mornings glow.

"That was... Interesting? Wait.. What's that smell?" Looking around I saw a feint stream of smoke coming out of what I believe to be the kitchen. "Damn that smells good! Gotta gets me some a that!" With all thoughts about the strange dream thrown out the window, I quickly rubbed my eyes, flung the blanket on the floor and made for the kitchen.

"On second thought, I should probably fold that." Swiftly turning on my heels, I carefully folded the blanket Fluttershy was kind enough to lend me, and then made my way to the kitchen for the second time.

"Well something sure smells good in here!" I exclaimed as I wandered inside.

"Eep! Oh.. Sorry David, you startled me." Her timidness was way too cute to be natural. I wonder what product she uses?

"Sorry Fluttershy, what are you cooking?" Whatever it was, it smelled amazing. I think the drool slowly seeping out of my mouth can atest to that as well. But for some reason I don't think I'll be getting any bacon today. Or for a while. That's a very depressing thought.

"Well, just some pancakes and hash-browns. I hope that's okay with you.. I can make something else for you if you want.."

"That sounds just perfect. Do you need any help? I'd be more than happy to." In all honesty I was starving and just wanted to eat, but she was adorable and I don't mind spending some time with the timid mare.

"Actually, everything seems to be done here, you could make some tea.. If that's okay with you. I also have orange juice, coffee.."

"I'll make some tea, would you like some?"

"Oh yes please, that sounds.. Nice."

"Splendid! Two cups of tea coming right up!" For some reason I was feeling really good about today. It just seemed like it would be good. I sure hoped so at least.

We spent the next hour or so enjoying the meal that Fluttershy prepared and just chatting about Equestria and Earth. I was surprised to see just how different some customs are here and yet a lot of the holidays are the same if you don't count the name changes or the deities.

Equestria seems to be a lot more pleasant, although I will miss my friends a family. And my music. I wish I had my I- wait.. I do have my Ipod!

Reaching into the inside pocket of my jacket I pulled out my Ipod and headphones. The smile on my face couldn't have been larger. I guess it was rather creepy though because when I looked up, Fluttershy was staring at me with a perplexed look on her face.

"What?"

"Oh! Uhm.. If you don't mind my asking, uhm.. What is.. That?" She asked, waving a hoof in the general direction of my raised hand full of musical awesome.

"This? This is an Ipod. It stores music and lets me listen to it where ever I want. Here look." Reaching across the table I handed her an earbud and turned on one of my favorite songs. At first she seemed hesitant, but after hearing sound coming from the little pieces of plastic she got curious. After a little reluctance, she took hold of the ear piece and held it to the side of her head and closed her eyes. A few moments later she was nodding her head and humming along. I was relieved to see that she enjoyed the same kind of music that I did, Although I'm reluctant to show her the more heavier stuff that I have on here. Maybe some other time.

"So what do you think? Pretty cool, huh." I said with a smile as she handed back the headphone.

"It was.. Nice. How does it work?" Should have seen that coming, I really had no idea how to explain this without getting a lost look. Although that's probably adorable.

"Well, it's kind of like a CD really." Upon receiving a blank stare from the yellow pegasus I quickly looked around the room before spying a record player in the next room.

"A record?"

"Oh.. Uhm.. I'm not actually sure how those work.. Sorry."

"No no, that's okay. I don't know either. Sorry, I guess I don't really know how it works. But what I do know is that I have a ton of music on here that I'm sure you will enjoy." She smiled sweetly after I said that so I guess she was okay with my answer. Or afraid to pry. Either or.

"So Fluttershy," I waited for her to look my way before continuing. "What's the plan for today?" She looked down in thought for a moment before finally coming to a conclusion in her head.

"Well, I don't really have anything planned for today. Maybe we could go for a walk? If you want to that is. We could stay here if you want to instead.." I think I may have a heart attack before the week is out.

Moving my hand to my chin and looking up in mock thought. I finally came to a decision.

"That sounds like a good plan to me, Shy." I wonder how other ponies will react to seeing a.. Well, seeing me, around town. I hope I don't scare anyone too bad.

"Uhm.. Okay. I just have to feed the animals and we can go. Is that okay?"

"Sounds great! I'll clean up here if you want to get started with the animals?" Standing up I began to bring the plates and back to the sink.

"Thank you."

***