• Published 10th Nov 2012
  • 730 Views, 12 Comments

The Minstrel's Coda - Kiniro



Kiniro's rival from Midgard returns to Equestria to extract revenge on him and his friends.

  • ...
1
 12
 730

Prologue Part 2: The Recurring Dream

The Minstrel's Coda

Prologue Part 2: The Recurring Dream

A lowly female figure paces back on forth on the desolate surface of the moon, staring back at the world above.

"I can't believe I'm here." The female says aloud to herself. "I've lost everything I ever had... and its all because of that pretentious prick. I'm a queen damn it! YOU HEAR ME! I'M QUEEN XELLIE! I AM BETTER THAN THIS!" The female shouted toward the world.

Suddenly a white glow overtook the female. "Wait a second... whats going on! What the! Why am I glowing?!" Queen Xellie shouted at the top of her lungs. "What is this?!" Slowly the glow became brighter and brighter. "What the... wait... what's that noise?!" Slowly and eerily the chords of the Song of Ragnarok could be heard originating from the glow itself. "Is that the song of Ragnarok?!" The Queen shouted.

Slowly the queen began to change from her human form, her legs and arms becoming stiff, her hands and feet retreating into her legs. Her body compressing down. "Ugh! AHHHHHHH" The queen shouted at the top of her lungs in pain. The glow getting brighter and brighter, and the song of Ragnarok getting louder until it was deafening.

The metamorphosis abruptly coming to an end as quickly as it had started, the glow dissipated and the song stopped. "Ugh... where... what... What am I?!" The queen shouted as heavily as she looked down at herself. "Oh dear Odin... I'm one of those pathetic ponies." The metamorphosis had changed the queen from a human, to a earth pony, a mare with a dark grey coat, dark purple mane with lighter purple streaks, red eyes and finally with a dagger drenched in blood for a cutie mark.

"Well glad to see I'm naked now! My clothes are useless to me since they no longer fit!" The queen yelled as the queen wiggled out of her former garments. As she maneuvered her way through her clothes, peeling them off in the process, she heard a mute thud.

"What was that?" She asked herself as she began to dig through her garments, moving layers of clothing away from the pile she had created taking them off. As she dug through the layers and moving them in the process, until she hit something with her front left hoof. "Ow what the fuck was that! It was hard as a rock! Wait... a second..." She began to pause as she slowly removed her hoof from the hard object, only to reveal a small black stone that was had 20 equal sides with bizarre writing on it. "My... my copy... I thought I hadn't brought with me to Morroc days ago. I usually left that on my ceremonial robes... Well what good does it do me here, granted it gave me immense speed and strength on top of my already natural abilities during the Wars of Emperium." She stated aloud to herself. "I doubt that this copy of the Heart of Ymir can do anything for me here."

But as she completely brought her hoof back to normal standing position, the black stone began to glow in a black aura, pulsating and rapidly increasing its pulse until it could not be distinguished that it was even pulsing. "What's it doing... I've never seen it do this before!" The queen began to shout then screamed heavily as the black aura overtook her and disappeared.

I suddenly awoke in my bed in a cold sweat and I quickly turned to my left to see Twilight laying beside me asleep. I sighed heavily, "Not this dream again... why do I keep having this night after night... why..." I commented to myself, seeing Twilight turn herself over to face me and slowly opened her eyes.

"Are... you ok?" Twilight mentioned with a heavy yawn.

"Uh... yeah.. I'm fine..." I quickly covered.

"Well... come back to bed." Twilight mentioned and signaled with her hoof.

"Alright... ok, bed." I brought myself back down and laid my head on my pillow.

"Good night Kini. See you in the morning." Twilight yawned and closed her eyes.

"Good night Twilight..." I mentioned. "I wonder why I'm dreaming this night after night..." I muttered to myself and closed my eyes.

End of Prologue Part 2.