• Published 26th Oct 2012
  • 5,810 Views, 143 Comments

A New Purpose in Life - Tx Avenger 218



A teenager goes from being a wanted fugtitive, to living with the ponies of ponyville.

  • ...
23
 143
 5,810

New Toys

Twilight payed the bill and got us the tickets just in time for us to get on the next train to Ponyville. As soon as we got in our seats, I just sat in quiet and thought.

How could I have been so stupid to not notice the only thing I had left of my uncle wasn’t even on me? But then again, I have no idea of how many family members I have, had, I don’t even know any more.

“Swift, I’m sorry for asking but do we really have to go back to Ponyville this instant?” she asks. I keep looking out the window but I turn my eyes to her.

“When I was talking to my uncle, he gave me something I lost. Before he died, he gave me something to remember him by, and myself. A couple pieces of metal with my name, date of birth, and address etched onto them. I had no idea of him when I first came here, which is probably why I didn’t have them on me in the first place.” I turn my head to her, “I need to find those. There the only things I have to remember him. My parents… I’ll sift through my mind as best I can to figure something out.”

I turn back to looking out the window, Twilight not sure of what to say about my words. What else could I have had on me that can unlock my memories? Maybe I should I look through my phone and laptop for any type of writing, photos, blogs, just anything that might lead me to my name and family. I hope my tags aren’t too worn out that I can’t see my name.

“So we’re just going to head there and head straight to the forest?” She asks me. I look back to her with a curious look.

“We? You’re not going. I’ve got to do this myself and I’m not going to put you in danger.” I sternly tell her. It was my fault that I left the tags back in the forest and I have to be the ones to get them back.

“You know that’s not going to happen right?” she obviously wants to help me and even if I continue to say no, she’ll probably just quietly follow me from behind, or have Rainbow Dash follow me from the sky, and with how stubborn Rainbow can be, if I yelled, she’ll probably ignore it, and they all know for a fact that I won’t shoot. If anything, I’m sure that Twilight has some sort of invisibility spell up her sleeve.

“*sigh* Fine, but you stick close to me as much and as close as possible! You got that?!” I quietly yell to her. She smiles and nods.

“Good. As soon as we get back, tell the others where we’re going, and that I’m fine, everything is okay and to not worry.”

“I’ll do just that!” I lean back in my seat.

“While you do that, I’ll find a table and grab the things I’ll need from my bag. I can’t lug this thing through the forest without it getting caught or weighing me down.” She nods and relaxes in her seat.

Right now I’m not completely sure what to think. I was stupid enough to leave something valuable to me in the monster infested forest, Twilight is willing to go knee deep into it to help me, I just survived getting stabbed almost clean through the stomach, and the Princess no longer hates my guts. Whether I should smile or not, I don’t know.

I let my thoughts run wild right now, just thinking of the possibilities things that could happen in the future. However, I was so distracted and caught up in my thoughts and how things would play out at this point that we are already close to Ponyville once its comes into my view.

“Next stop, Ponyville!” the conductor yells before the train comes to a halt. I get up and stretch.

“Mmrrrmm.” I look down to notice that Twilight’s asleep. I wonder what could have gotten her so tuckered out. I notice that this is the first time I’ve seen a peaceful sleeping pony, not one sleeping upright in a rocking chair. She kinda looks cute and beautiful at the same time.

“Hey Twilight?” I quietly say and nudge her awake. She shifts a bit in her seat before her eyes slowly flutter open.

“Uh. Are we there yet?” she asked groggily. I chuckle at how she’s acting. I smile and brush a couple strands of her hair from her eyes.

“Yes, we are.” She stretches and jumps onto the floor, “C’mon we got work to do.”

And with that we left the train and it’s station.

“Alright, go tell the others. I’ll go prepare.”

“Right!” Twilight says happily and runs off to find the others. I walk through Ponyville, finding a suitable place to put all my things down. Looking around, I notice that everything is as how it was when I left, except the tower is now cleaned up. Looks like they haven’t been attacked or anything while I was gone, I’m glad.

I notice a simple restaurant to my left with a bunch of tables in front of it. A few ponies are eating at some of the tables but the rest are empty. I smile and head over to one. The ponies watch me as I make my way to them but I just pass them and sit down. I place my bag on the ground and take out what I need, which is probably the only thing I have that I’ll need. My bag still consists of the things I had before, laptop, phone, some canned food, which I look at and notice that they are all expired. Now that I think about it, I remember getting these things in a recently closed warehouse, a year ago. I look around for a nearby trashcan and dump them all. I sigh and get back to the task at hand.

My bag still holds my clothes from before and a few extra sets and my bloody jeans are still there. As soon as we get back, I am seriously gonna do some laundry. I grab half the amount of magazines I have in the bag and I put them in both my pockets, since my belt doesn’t have a pocket or holster or anything to carry the ammo. After that, I take out my gun and check how much I have in it. A full click plus one in the chamber. I take out all the clip and bullet and begin dissembling it, making sure nothing will go wrong with it. If Twilight is coming with, then I can’t have my gun malfunctioning in the middle of a pack of Timberwolves, or much worse.

After checking to make sure that everything is in place, I assemble it back together and load it up. I put the gun back in my holster and take out my knife. The blade is still sharp but it’s lightly dull due to it’s been awhile since I last sharpened it.

I put the knife back in my sheathe on my belt and get up. I look around to see some of the ponies looking at me but they turn their attention away as soon as I look at them. I smirk and begin walking. Well, it’s come to it again. I got seriously injured via the creatures of that infernal forest and I hoped to not make my way in it again, but it seems fate decreed I do. I wait near the bridge closest to where we can go to the Everfree forest and just look around. Minutes pass and I’m starting to get really bored. Maybe this is how Twilight felt before we left for Canterlot those few days ago?

I look back to the forest and eye it carefully, seeing if I can spot anything moving around so we know what to avoid.

Maybe I should just go? I don’t want her going with me and she sure is taking her sweet time.” I think.

“Hey Swift!!” But my thoughts are disturbed by the familiar, loud and friendly bubbly voice I know and will never forget.

“Hey Pinkie.” I say while turning around to confirm my suspicion, and more. Walking next to the bouncing pink pony is Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity. Twilight, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash are carrying a saddlebag like the one I helped Twilight find before we left for Canterlot, except they’re different colors. I get a confused look at Twilight’s additional company.

“Hey everyone else. Twilight mind explaining at your unexpected company?” I ask and she chuckles nervously.

“Well, after I told them what we’re gonna do, Rainbow, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie wanted to come along…” Pinkie moves in front of me in an instant.

“But Twilight wouldn’t let me! She said I needed to do something for you instead?!” I’m confused with the question and I cast a glance at Twilight. She tries to give me a type of hint, hoping I could come up with an answer. I think for a moment until something comes to mind.

“Oh yeah! I can’t carry my bag with me unless I want to risk the chance of losing it or getting caught. So can you watch over it while I’m gone?” Her expression turns into a happy one.

“Okey-dokey-lokey!” she yells happily. She jets around me before my eyes and I try to keep up with her but I can’t I look around myself trying to find her but I can’t.

“Uh Swift?” I look back to Applejack and see Pinkie standing there next her with my bag on her back. I look to see it is mine since I don’t have it on me anymore. How in the hell does she do that?!?!

“How did you-?! You know what, forget it. Just accept it. I can’t explain it and you can’t either!” I quickly say. The girls chuckle at my surprise.

“I think it’s time for us to get going now.” Twilight, Applejack, and Rainbow walk over to me, “Before it gets too late.”

I look up to the sky to see dusk is already approaching. I look back down to Rarity:

“Why aren’t you coming?”

“A lady knows when she is not needed. Especially for a dirty and dangerous mission such as yours.” Coming from her, that’s probably right.

“You’re right. Hopefully this is going to be a simple snatch-and-grab mission without any conflict or distractions,” I explain. “So if there’s nothing else, let’s go.”

I turn around and begin to walk to the bridge behind us.

“Wait! Not that way!” Rainbow cuts me off by flying right in front of me. I look at her weirdly.

“And why should we not go the way that’s closer to the forest?” I ask. I want to hurry up and go searching for what I lost but I will start to get a bit annoyed if anything else begins getting in the way.

“Because uhhhhh…” she tries to come up with an answer but it’s not easy when your being stared down by me.

“Because, wouldn’t it be smarter to head into the forest where you came out from? We’ll be able to retrace your steps faster from that way.” Twilight points out, much to Rainbow’s relief. I look at Dash, then Twilight and the others. They all have that same type of look on their faces. She does bring up a valid point however. Going back into the forest from where I first came out from will lead me to a better chance at finding the clearing where I woke up in. I look down along the stream and spot the second bridge, connecting a road that leads to Fluttershy’s cottage and so forth.

“Alright then, you’re probably right. Let’s get going through over there.” I point to the other bridge and they agree.

Rarity bids us farewell in her usual elegant way and we do the same, minus the elegance. Pinkie Pie says bye and speeds off to Sugarcube Corner. I chuckle at how crazy, happy and energetic she is. It’s gonna take a while for them to get used to me but it’s gonna take even longer for me to get used to Pinkie. As we walk back through Ponyville so we can make it to the other bridge, I’m still a bit curious about how they were acting. Rainbow was pretty quick to stop me from going in that direction and the others looked like they were hoping I would go with Twilight’s suggestion. Almost like their hiding something. Later when we get back and everyone goes to sleep, I’ll investigate.

After making it to the front of Fluttershy’s home, and waving to the Pegasus, I tried to remember everything I can to come up with the exact location as to where I came out from. After making my best possible guess, we all began making our through the dense foliage of the Everfree forest, me, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash. I still feel a little winded from the whole situation that happened back in Canterlot but I push forward.

“Listen girls, I really appreciate you all doing this for me. I don’t fully know the dangers in this place, but you three do… so, thanks.” I say sincerely.

Not many would go into a dangerous place like this to help me. When I first got here, the noises that this place was giving off sent chills down my spine, but I had to press on at the time. But now I have to go back and find those dogtags. They’re the last and only think I have to remember to remember my uncle, but I don’t know what it is that he did that made me love him so much, and I have both a loving but hatred feeling towards my parents. Anything that I can find out about my past, even if it is just a small piece, is worth the risk to me; the others… not so sure.

“You’re welcome, Swift. You don’t know anything about your past, so if… whatever it is we are looking for can help you remember, we’ll help you!” Twilight Sparkle says enthusiastically. I should be really happy that I have friends who are willing to do this for me.

“Yeah! We got your back! Plus I want to know if we can find anything else from your past while we’re here.” Rainbow says. I wonder if maybe something else got sent here as well. I couldn’t have been the only one so maybe more things or people could have been sent here as well. People before me are out of the question since they never saw something like me before, and they said so on numerous occasions but objects… that can work too.

“Any idea where we’re goin’ exactly?” Applejack asked.

“I remember this area pretty well. I think we’re close.” I lied. In truth, this whole place looks almost the same. The trees are all crooked and dense with leaves like all the others next to them, and the ground doesn’t help either. Usually I’m good at memorizing my surroundings but this is the one damn exception, of all the times.

“That’s good. I don’t want to have to face a Manticore or a hydra.” I almost freeze at what Twilight points out. Did she just say Manitcore? Hydra?!

“Wait! You guys have those?! For real?!” I almost yell to them. I’m good in a fight but I’m not a total badass!

“Ya have them too!?” Applejack says. I shake my head and continue to move and talk at the same time.

“Not in reality. They are only in our mythology and tales. We don’t have physical evidence that they exist. But man, if I remember how they are, I don’t want to meet one anytime soon.” I say with the most truth in my voice. If monsters are gonna keep attacking Ponyville in the future; Timberwolves I can handle, Manticore’s might be a problem, Hydra’s!? I’ll need some backup.

“Wow. I guess our world and your world have at least something’s in common.” Rainbow points out.

In common or not, I’m not exactly in the mood or equipped right now in order take on those things. We better get moving. We continue to make our way through the dense forest, sometimes the trees being so thick we had to work our way around them. After searching for too damn long, I think it’s time to scrap this expedition. I stop and look back to them:

“Listen, I think it’s high time we stop and head back. We’ve already spent too long out here and I don’t want anything happening to you all or me. If you want, we can try again another time.” The three of them share looks for a bit and back to me.

“Alright, Swift.” Twilight says with a bit of sadness since we can’t continue this anymore. I’m sad as well but it was this morning that I woke up from getting nearly skewered by the Princesses magic. I’m just glad she didn’t hit anything vital or I’d be a dead man right now.

“Hold on a second their pardner, what’s that?” Applejack says pointing somewhere away from us. I look in that direction and something slightly glints. My eyes widen at the thought of finding it. Thank god I clean it so often.

“Stay close.” I order them and move forward with my pistol in my right hand being supported by my left that’s holding my knife in case I need to hit something fast. I do my best to push the tree branches out of the way and maneuver around large bushes.

“Ow!” Someone yelps behind me. I look to see it was Rainbow because I pushed a tree branch away from me, but I didn’t she was flying and got a face full of it.

“Sorry.” She spits out a couple leaves.

“Let’s just get them and get out of here, this place is still creepy.” She points out and I agree. When we get closer to the glint, I find it’s the same area from when I first came here. The place still looks the same but I still look around.

There hanging from a small branch, the beaded necklace part of it tangled in leaves and pine needles. I walk over to them, holster my gun and knife and take a closer to make sure they are mine. They are, I think. The name is scratched out, same with the place of birth but the date of birth is still there. An image flashes in my mind from just the first day of when I was on the run. I scratched out the name and birth place so the police or whoever is after me doesn’t instantly know who I am. I still kept it clean whenever I could because I still cherished them as a gift from my uncle.

I untangle the tags from the branch and sling it over my neck. This is the longest I’ve gone without them and now I feel so much better with these around my neck again.

“Alright then, now we can get out of here. Thanks Applejack.” I thank her. If she hadn’t pointed out the glint, I wouldn’t have found them so soon.

“Anytime.” She replies. Before we move, I look to the ground and notice something. I go to grab it and when I look at it, it’s a watch, a digital watch. I didn’t have this before. I just stare at it for a bit until Twilight breaks my concentration.

“What’s that?” I look at her then back to the watch.

“It’s a watch. It’s used to tell time, but it’s not mine.” She looks at it a little closely but I’m still confused. I thought the Princess said that she closed the portal. Why would she lie? Just then I hear some clunking sounds nearby and I place fit the watch around my wrist and get ready.

“Do you girls know anything that makes that kind of sound?” I asked, in case I know what to expect.

“No we don’t. I’ve never heard anything like that before.”

If they haven’t heard anything like that, then it could be something worse. There world or mine, doesn’t matter, we have to deal with it. I grab my knife and gun again and ready myself.

“Stay close.” I move through the trees and bushes with the others right behind me. The thunking noises begin to get louder and louder as we make our way through them. Wonder what it is that’s making that noise. I have no idea but whatever it is, I hope it’s something good. We soon come across another clearing but it’s not as much lit up as the one I woke up in.

From my best knowledge of my peoples trucks, I see a Hummer. Yes, a god damn Hummer. What kind? I have no idea but it has a sort of smooth frame to it, it also has a type of retractable cable on the front bumper and has a lot of dried mud plastered to most of it. It’s black from what I can tell past the mud. Standing next to it, poking it with a long wooden pole, is another pony, I think, wearing a brown cloak around it. I can see it’s hooves, which are black and light gray along with one hoof having some type of gold jewelry around it.

“Zecora!” My friends all yell at the same time and push past me. Zecora?

“Stay back! This is… thing is a mystery, for I do not know anything of its history.” She’s female from what I can tell from her booming voice. She waves the pony’s back away from it. I smile at the display since she thinks it’s some kind of demon but I know it’s not. She also seems to speak in rhymes and sounds something like a shaman.

“You don’t know what it is?” Twilight asks, sounding somewhat surprised at her lack of knowledge. Well if it isn’t obvious as it is, they all know each other and this Zecora sounds like she travels a lot too.

“I may know a lot, but this I do not.” Okay, that sinks it, she rhymes. Why? I don’t know but then again I can’t get a lot of things in this place. I think it’s time I make myself useful.

“I know what it is!” I shouted. They all look in my direction as I walk out, “It’s a vehicle that my people use called a Hummer. A very powerful all-terrain truck that uses a lot of energy for it to work and it can take a lot to destroy this thing.”

I bang on the hood of the truck a few times to see if I’m right, and I am. The truck may be dirty as hell but from what I’ve seen on how it performs, I think it’ll manage. Zecora pulls down her hood and reveals herself to be a Zebra. She has the same type of fur pattern as a regular Zebra from my world, but her mane is a Mohawk, and has gold rings around her neck and gold earrings with light blue eyes. Her cutie mark is covered by her cloak however. She looks surprised as hell at what I look like but the girls calm her down.

“It’s alright, Zecora. He’s a friend of ours. We met him a few days ago, you know, when those wolves attacked Ponyville?” Zecora nods.

“Does anyone have something hard but thin I can use?” I asked. I’m standing right next to the door and I notice it’s a keyhole door. If I had something, I’ll probably be able to pick it open. This truck is too valuable for me to just leave her, not to mention for anything it might hold inside. These things are usually owned by people with a lot of money if they can afford the gas prices.

“Oh, I do!” Twilight reaches into her sack and pulls out a couple bobby pins.

“Rarity thought I would need them in case my hair gets all frizzy. But I think you’ll make a better use of them.” she’s right about that. I take two and spread them open. It’s been awhile since I did any type of lock picking but I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it again. While the girls are talking and explaining to Zecora about the things that have transpired over the last few days, I take my knife so I can use something to turn it and the bobby pin to activate the tumblers inside.

“Whatcha’ doin’?” Rainbow asks as I continue to work.

“Trying to get this thing open. I don’t have the keys so I have to do this the hard way.”

“Oh.”

“Hey, can you tell me a bit more about that zebra, Zecora was it?” I asked Rainbow while the others talk to the Zebra.

“Yeah, she lives here in the Everfree forest and comes from a land inhabited by other zebra’s. She decided to come here to Equestria and me and the others in town were, uh… kinda scared at how she looked.” I look at her Rainbow, then at Zecora. She doesn’t look so bad.

“Really?”

“Yeah. We judged her to early and after coming into contact with some poison joke, she helped us out and we became friends. Most of the other ponies in town are still kinda scared of her but we’ve gotten used to her.” Huh. Don’t judge a book by its cover? I guess I should have realized that for my people. Not every one of them is all that bad. I feel around inside trying to get everything in place to open it, until I turn annnnnd…

“*Click!* Yes!” I shouted happily and open the door. I climb in and reach down and pop the hood of the truck in the front and open door in the back. I move to the front and fully open the hood. I look inside and to my best of knowledge of motor vehicle engines, I see if anything is missing. The others come over to me and watch as I make my inspection of the vehicle.

“Is everything alright?” Applejack asks. I’m not an expert in this kind of stuff but nothing looks to be missing or ripped, it actually looks well maintained.

“I think so. Nothing looks to be missing and everything seems in place.” I close the hood and head back into the seat.

“Do me a favor and check out the back while I try to start this thing?” they nod and make their way to the back. I look around to try and find the keys but I don’t find anything. I look on the visor up ahead and the keys fall into my hands. I can’t help at smile at one of the oldest tricks in the book.

“Hehe, everytime.” I plug the keys In.

“C’mon, c’mon, c’mon, c’mooooonnn.” I say, hoping it would work.

For the moment of truth, I turn the keys and the truck makes it’s revving sound. I hear some gasps from behind the truck.

“It’s everyone! It’s just me!” I shout back to calm them. I try again, and again, and again but nothing. The damn things won’t start. I groan and lay back against the seat in disappointment.

“Uh Swift?!” Applejack yells to me and I lean out to look at her.

“Wha’?” she points to something on the ground. I focus my eyes to see some kind of black puddle under the truck. My heart sinks at what I see.

“No no no no no no no no.” I can’t believe this. I look under the truck to see a large sharp rock pierced clean through the gas tank. There’s no way I can patch this thing up with anything I’ve got, and on that note, there’s absolutely no way I’ll be able to get any gas here. Not unless I’d like to spend the next few years in making an oil drill and trying to find any type of underground oil.

“What’s wrong?” Applejack asks as I lay back against the truck in disappointment.

“The fuel used to power this thing is gone, wasted away right here before you. Even if I do manage to find some more, the tank used to hold the fuel is cracked open and can’t be repaired, not with my skills at least.” I may not be able to get this thing moving, but I was hoping for just a little bit so I can keep it back in Ponyville, a type of memory of the ingenuity my people can have. Applejack sits right next to me.

“Aw, don’t feel bad. If you want, later we can try and pull it out?” she tries to cheer me up but it’s no use. We’d attract too much attention and it would be even harder to try pull this thing over fall trees and rocks. I give her my best smile while looking at her.

“Thank, Applejack. But it’s alright. I got what I needed; I only wanted this just in case it would prove useful later on. But if it can’t start, it’s not useful.” I explained to her. Without gas, and a working gas tank, this thing ain’t going anywhere.

“Swift! We found something!” Rainbow yells to me. I stand up and walk to the back with the others. They stand aside to let me see what they found. My eyes widen the loot I now I have.

Sitting there, a 12-gauge pump action shotgun, a fully stocked medical kit, a compound bow, and another duffel bag, this one being slightly bigger than mine, or is it just fuller? I grab the bag and open it up. It carries a bunch of different climbing equipment like some rope, hooks, but what surprises me the most lays at the bottom. I have no idea what it is exactly but it looks like a pistol, has a light metal frame, a small spool of a type of metal wire on its side, a small spear in the front of it, and a glove fitting attached to the handle of it. From my best and possibly only guess, it’s a hand held grapple gun. I only remember seeing these in video games or movies, but from what I know about my people, with enough time, money, and ingenuity, anything is possible.

From what I can tell with everything I’ve found here, this guy must be rich or something close to it if he can afford the gas mileage, had a full tank of gas, along with a set of climbing gear, a fully stocked med-kit, a well maintained hummer and a lot of other stuff. I don’t really know the price of all this stuff, but I know all together it ain’t cheap, especially the grapple gun.

“What’s that?” Twilight takes a closer look at the grapple gun I have in my hand.

“I’m not really sure. From my best perspective, it’s a type of hand held grapple gun. I’ve never see one in real life, only heard about it in people’s fantasy’s,” I examine the device from all angles, seeing if anything seems out of place. “But I never thought that anyone would have been able make one.”

“So, it’s not impossible?” I nod my head ‘no’.

“It’s not impossible, but it would take a lot time, money and research to find the proper parts needed so that the cable wouldn’t break under extreme amounts of pressure, the grapple wouldn’t come off so easily once it hits it’s mark, and for the handle to not be as hard to let go.” The gun is truly a breakthrough in bringing fiction to life. I can only imagine if the guy who made this decided to share it with the military. He’d make a fortune; then again, he probably already has one.

“Wow, amazing.” Twilight clearly looks surprised at this invention on front of me. I’m amazed as well.

“I know.” I place it down to the side and check out the rest of the things. I grab the shotgun to see if it works. It’s nicely polished, not much wear and tear, not loaded at all much to my dismay. I look at the sides to see if I can find some ammo for it in some of the compartments and I do. I find a bunch of boxes, all carrying a lot of ammo, and only two types of ammo from what I find: The regular spread rounds that shotguns are known to use, and slugs.

Crumpled up behind a box looks like a small pamphlet. Opening it up, it’s what came with the shogun. It’s a Mossberg 500 pump-action shotgun, fitted with a standard sight, 21 inch barrel, can load up to 8 shells of different types of ammo, and a hardwood stock. I dared never to break into a gun store at risk of getting shot by the owner, and not to mention the police would classify me as an even dangerous threat if I stripped an armory.

“Thanks for coming with me girls. I only needed my tags back but now I’ve hit the jackpot with this.” I voice appreciation for them while placing the gun down. If Zecora hadn’t gotten curious about this vehicle, I wouldn’t have found it. If Applejack’s eye wasn’t as sharp as it was supposed to be, I wouldn’t have found my tags.

“You are very welcome, my friend, it’s always nice to meet more in the end.” Zecora says. For a Zebra, she seems pretty cool.

“It’s good we came. Otherwise, it would have been difficult for you to bring all this stuff back to Ponyville.” Twilight says while looking into the back of the truck. There is no way I could take all this stuff back in one trip. I look ahead of it to notice that there are a bunch on collapsed trees and rocks ahead of this thing. Maybe something went through there, something big.

“I think it’s best we get out of here soon.” I point to the path of destruction. Everyone except Zecora gets an uneasy feeling, no doubt she’s used to this type of danger before if she lives here.

“Rainbow, fly up and see if you can find the closest direction out of here.” She salutes me and flys up. I hope there’s nothing dangerous that can fly up and hurt her.

“Excuse me, Swift, but why couldn’t you get this… hummer was it, moving?” Twilight asks me. I give a sigh and kick the tire in frustration.

“The fuel used to power this thing and get it moving is gone and there’s nothing your people has that can make it work again.” I begin formulating on how to get all this stuff out of here.

“I think I may have something that could work.” Twilight says with a smile and walks up to the truck. If she has a way of getting this thing working without any fuel, color me impressed.

“Go ahead. I got nothing.” I say without hope in my voice. If she has some sort of fuel source on her or anything nearby, it’s pointless with the state the fuel tank is in.

Rainbow flies down and hovers in front of me, “The trail of whatever left, that…” she points to the broken trees, “Looks to be the quickest way to the road that leads back to Ponyville.”

“Alright, good job Rainbow. Now we just have to figure out on how to get this stuff out…”I whisper the last part to myself.

“Rainbow could probably carry some of the lighter stuff on her wings, Twilight can use her magic to carry the bulk of the ammo, Applejack could get the med-kit, some ammo and the bag, I could-“

“Done! Try it now!” Twilight says happily. I had my back to her this whole time and I look to see nothing’s changed.

“Try it?” she nods happily.

I’m confused as to what she did, but she sure seems confident. I step back into the truck and grab the keys. With a few words of encouragement, I turn the key.

“*Vrrrroooommmmm!!*” My heart is uplifted to the fucking roof! The truck is on, its rumbling under my seat and everything is working. I look out at her with the most surprised expression I have on my face in the world.

“How?!?!” I yell to her over the sound of the truck’s earth quaking sounds and feel to it.

“I used a come to life spell on it. Just turn that thing again whenever you want it’ll start.” I don’t understand. But fucking forget it! This is a god damn blessing and I am not taking it for granted. I unlock the doors for the passengers so they can come in.

“Get in girls! We’re out a’ here!” I run to the back of the truck and close the back door and head back to the front. Twilight and Applejack are in the back seats while Rainbow Dash is in shotgun. I get in the driver seat and see Zecora is still standing outside.

“Thanks for your help, Zecora! If you need anything in Ponyville, don’t hesitate to find me!” She gives me a smile and a nod.

“It was my pleasure, it is good to help another with such leisure.” I smirk.

“You and me both!” I grab the seat belt and pull it for the others to see.

“Grab this and click it to the thing that’s on the seat opposite of where you grabbed it.” I demonstrate on how to lock it in place. They easily grab them and click them in place.

“Everyone buckled in?” They all nod and I smile.

“Hang on, it’s gonna be a bumpy ride.” I hitched a few rides before but I hope my knowledge of just watching was enough for me.

“Bye Zecora!” Twilight bids Zecora farewell with a wave and the zebra returns it.

I hit the gas and move forward with a jolt. They shriek with the suddenness of this new vehicle to them. The truck shakes and jumps up and down suddenly from the broken trees and rocks. The shocks on these things are pretty good as well, otherwise I would get whiplash.

“This dern’ thing is bumpier than a bull at a rodeo!” Applejack says the metaphor through all the bouncing. I laugh a bit at that.

“No doubt.” I say back. I make sure to move slowly so the bumping is kept to a minimum. I can see a clearing up ahead. After passing a few more trees, we made it. We hit the road as the back tires roll over the last fallen tree. I stop and rest, letting my stomach catch up to the rest of me.

“Oh boy. I don’t feel so good.” I moan in disgust. All the bouncing around and quick movements really did a number on me. Same thing for the others.

“I don’t feel so good.” I look back to see Twilight’s face a deep green color.

“Me neither.” I hear a retching sound and look to see Twilight poking her head out the window.

“Sorry, everypony.”

“It’s alright, pardner.” Applejack assures me. Twilight brings her head back in and wipes what’s left of her recent meal off her mouth with her hoof.

“I’ll be fine.”

“At least it’s a smooth ride from here to Ponyville.” Rainbow adds. I look around to see it’s dusk, we are on the edge of the forest and on the road, which doesn’t have any bumps to it or too many turns.

“You’re right. Let’s get back home… so we can rest, because after what’s happened recently, we could use it.” I shift the truck into gear and begin driving off. The others look relieved to see the smooth road ahead and I am too. As soon as we get home, I’m gonna fall onto Rarity’s couch and sleep like a brick.

“Have you ever driven one of these before?” I turn to Rainbow with a smile.

“Nope.” That’s not the answer they were looking for.

“But you’ve taken lessons right?” I keep my eyes on the road.

“Uh-uh.”

“Did ya’ll at least watch someone do this?”

“Yes, for a few minutes.” I can hear them shifting in their seats, making me not help but smirk.

“Don’t worry everypony, just a smooth ride home. How ‘bout some air?” I lower the windows on the passenger sides windows.

“This feels nice.” Twilight compliments.

“Mmm-hm, we sure don’t get breezes like these pulling carriages.” Applejack adds.

“I’m sure.” The next few minutes is pretty uneventful. Just a slow ride to Ponyville with the wind hitting you from the side.

“So this is what your people ride on all the time?” I nod my head to the purple unicorn. “Amazing!”

“Eh, you get used to it. At least with your power Twilight, we don’t have to worry about hurting the atmosphere of the planet.” That’s one thing I’m grateful for, this truck won’t burn fossil fuels in order to make it run.

“It’s kinda hard to get used to this.” Rainbow points out while spreading her arms, well her front hooves, but I’ll just say arms. I’m not surprised. With their horse drawn carriages, steam and pony powered trains, a lot of ponies are gonna be very interested in this beauty. I kinda feel bad for the owner of all this stuff, but hey! Can’t give it back, gotta make some use of it. As our ride continues on, Fluttershy’s cottage comes into view.

“Hey, we’re almost there!” I shout. The others get up and look.

“Uh finally!” Rainbow expresses her happiness. No doubt she could have been to Ponyville long before we could get there, but I think she just wanted to experience one of the many things I have to offer. The girls lean out the ride side windows as we pass Fluttershy’s, who is outside watering her plants and stunned as well.

“Hello there, Fluttershy!”

“Howdy there!”

“See ya’ later, shy!” All three shout to the yellow Pegasus, who just gives a weak smile and wave.

“Hell… o?” she says, not really sure what to think at the sight of seeing her friends all inside of this large black metal like creature moving before her. She drops her watering can and flies after us a distance away.

We come up on Ponyville, winding down the road and over the bridge until we move past the first set of buildings. A bunch of ponies are already peeking out their windows to see all the ruckus. Me and the girls wave to them as we pass by the ponies in the buildings and on the streets. As soon as they see us, ponies on the ground immediately get out of the way and hide. However the second they us in the truck, they aren’t as scared anymore. Before we get too far into town, I hit the break, making the truck skid a bit before finally stopping, making me and the others lean forward from the momentum.

“We’re here.” I say happily and turn it off. They all sigh. I make sure the others see how I unlock the seat belt. Once they see, Rainbow uses her wings to hit the release, and Twilight uses her magic to unlock hers and Applejacks. With all of us free, we open the doors and jump out, except Rainbow decides to fly out and lands on the roof of the truck.

“What is that?”

“What’s pulling it?”

“How does it move?”

“Is it alive?”

Question after question, ponies have already surrounded us and are asking us all a barrage of questions about the truck. I climb up the side of the truck, with Rainbow’s help, and stand tall on top of it, raising my hands to silence the many curious Earth, Pegasus, and Unicorn ponies all around us.

“It’s quite alright, everyone! This thing is harmless and no one is in any danger from it! We’d love to answer your questions, but it’s getting late and we just got out of the Everfree forest. So another day, I can answer your questions, but not now. Today, I just want get home, and rest.” I explain. I’m already starting to feel a bit tired. I didn’t get as much rest as I should have considering what I went through, so now… rest, sleep, sounding very good right. All the ponies nod. Some begin to leave and tend to other matters but a lot more continue to stare. I jump down onto the ground and stand up tall.

“You’re welcome to touch and look at it, just don’t go inside.” I begin making my way to Rarity’s Boutique.

“Where do you think you’re going?” I turn around to the sound of Rarity’s voice and see Twilight, Rainbow, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity and Pinkie Pie standing in a row.

“Home… to sleep.” I bluntly tell them. I hope that whatever they want, it’ll be quick.

“I don’t think so, not yet. We have a surprise for you.” Twilight says with a smile. A surprise? The past few days have been a surprise! What could they have for me that’s a surprise.

“A surprise? Okay then, what is it?”

“Sorry, dear. Doesn’t work that way.” I give a mean look to Rarity.

“Uhhhhh, fine. Show me then.” I groan and walk over to them.

“Not like that!” Pinkie yells in a happy voice.

“Then what?”

“First…” Twilight begins, then Pinkie disappears and everything goes dark.

“Hey!” I shout, feeling around in front of me to try and grab something.

“We blind fold you!” Pinkie says from behind me. How does she do that?!?!

“Then…” I say hoping they continue it.

“We get yur’ sorry keister movin’.” I hear Applejack and somepony pushes me from behind. From the shape of what’s pushing me, I can tell it’s Applejack because of her hat.

“Alright alright, I’m moving.” I cooperate with them.

“Here. Grab hold of my tail and I’ll lead you.” Rainbow says. I reach around in front of me until I find it. It feels nice and smooth. I take hold of the end and let her lead me. We walk for some time, hearing the voices of the various inhabitants of the town around me.

“Can you tell me where we’re going?” I’m getting a bit annoyed at this whole blind fold thing.

“Almost there.” Twilight tells me. “Watch your step.”

I take a step on some hard wood. Either I’m going into some building or over the bridge, and since I still feel a cool breeze, it’s the bridge.

“Why are we heading to the Everfree forest?” I voice my suspicion since both bridges lead to the forest.

“Just trust us.” Applejack says. I groan in annoyance. They really must have prepared a lot for this special surprise for me.

“We’re here.” They all say at the sametime. I take off the blindfold to see something very interesting.

“Surrrrprriiiiiiisssse!!” Pinkie yells loudest of all. Right in front of me, is a house. Not the regular type of houses and buildings that these ponies have, no.

It feels… human somehow.

“What… is…?” I trail off.

“Do you like it?! Do you like it?!” Pinkie shouts as she bounces around me. They made me… a house. A house. I can’t believe it.

“After you saved me, everypony in Ponyville decided to give you a gift…” the shy Pegasus starts.

“It was intended to be a gift for saving us and Fluttershy, then we decided it was to be a present for you when you get better. Do you like it?” Twilight explains. I saved them once, they saved me, I saved Fluttershy, then I got nearly killed by the princesses. I don’t really know how much of a repayment they were to give me for what happened, but this? They made me a house in, what, 4 or 5 days?

“I… how did you make it?” I’m still curious as to how they were able to make this house. It’s built from the same type of materials as their houses but not as tall and a lot of other distinctions. I book floats in front of my face. The magic disappears and I catch the book. It’s a complete manual on how to make a house… a human house.

“When you left after saving Fluttershy, Zecora came by and brought me this book. The idea just clicked in my head and we spent as much time as we could on making it. We knew you couldn’t sleep at Rarity’s forever, and since Princess Celestia made it so you could stay here, the house just seemed…” she trails off trying to think of a word.

“The most generous thoughtful and awesome gift anyone has ever gotten me in my entire life.”

“Yes.”

I walk up to the house and I grab the handle to open it. It’s not a full replica of a human house, but they made it to human specifications with some pony mixed in. I walk into the a large empty room with a hardwood floor. To my right, two arch ways, one leading to another empty room, the other which looks like it could be a kitchen with the counters I see and such. Down a hallway to the front right lead to three areas, a bathroom, two large rooms, one being completely empty and the other with a simple bed, pillows, and sheets in it. I slowly sit down and feel the soft silkiness of the sheets.

“Thank you. Thank you all so much for this. I just… no one has ever done something like this for me. Thank you.” I’m as grateful as any man or women can be. With a bit of shopping, I can really turn this place into my haven.

“It was our pleasure Swift. The whole town pitched in to help and we knew you would like it.” Twilight says. The whole town… damn.

“You’re welcome.” Applejack says, tipping her hat.

“We help those who help us.” Rarity says.

“You’re not such a bad guy, Swift. This is the way of saying we want you to stay.” Then Rainbow.

“And still, thank you again for saving me.” Fluttershy.

“You’re welcome!” Pinkie shouts and pounces me. She knocks me onto the bed and hugs me in a bear hug. She locks my arms against my body.

“You’re very welcome, Pinkie!” I say and try to continue but the others join in as well. It feels nice as hell to be loved like this. I haven’t known this feeling in like forever. I would return it, but I can move my arms.

And it’s getting harder to breathe.

“Uh… girls, can you please get off? It’s kinda getting hard to breathe.” I say through a raspy voice. The girls quickly get off and I take a deep breath. I sit up and look at them, they all have an apologetic look on their faces.

“Sorry.” They all say at the same time. My smile reassures them however.

“It’s alright, girls. No harm done. Thank you.” They smile back to me, “Now how about we get to our houses? It’s late and we all have things to do tomorrow and to be honest, I want one day without nearly dying.” It’s definitely late. It’s almost pitch black with the sky being illuminated by Luna’s stars. Maybe when I have the time, I’ll stay up and look at them.

They all nod and walk to the door. I walk with them so I can say goodbye.

“See you tomorrow girls!” I yell to them while waving.

“Bye Swift!” they yell back and head off in the direction of their houses. I look off the porch to see that my house overlooks Ponyville on a small hill. I walk back into my bedroom and see that it has two windows. One leads far off into the distance, the other to Ponyville. I kick off my shoes, sit down on the bed, pull off my socks and slide under the covers. I lay my head back on the firm pillow and look up to the ceiling. If I didn’t just say bye to a bunch of ponies, I would have thought I’d still be back home.

What am I thinking? “This is my home.”

I turn to the side and am about close my eyes but I notice something in the corner of the room. I notice it’s my bag. With everything that’s happened, I can’t help but smile and close my eyes.

Thank you…

Author’s note: Sorry I took so long in making this. I got sick and focused what time I did have on school. Also I’m sorry if I screwed up with Zecora’s lines. I’m not very good with rhyming.