• Published 26th Oct 2012
  • 5,810 Views, 143 Comments

A New Purpose in Life - Tx Avenger 218



A teenager goes from being a wanted fugtitive, to living with the ponies of ponyville.

  • ...
23
 143
 5,810

Waking up (Edited)

“Nooo!”

“Stop!”

“Get away from…”

“I love…

"Raaaaaaaaaaaahhhh...!!"

...

Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep...

My eyes shoot open. I don’t know what I was just thinking of right now, some flashes and people yelling stuff, but I can’t anything out. I try to remember but I grab my head in pain with my right hand when I try to remember. Sort it out later.

I look around and try to find where I am. I think I’m in what I can guess is a hospital. I have a cast on my left arm, my heads wrapped in bandages, so is my right arm, as well as my shoulder going over my heart and back to my shoulder. The bed is white, on my right is a heart monitor that’s connected to me, there’s a curtain to my left separating my bed from that one, and my shoes and socks are on the floor next to the bed as well. The walls painted a light blue color and there’s a window to my right as well. I take off my bed sheet and look to see I’m still in my jeans and boxers but my shirt’s gone. No doubt ripped to shreds from those damn wolves.

"Those wolves... the hell?" I slowly slide my legs off the bed and I plant my feet on the ground, the cold cool tiled floor sending shivers up my body. I slowly stand up to make sure I’m not too weak to stand but I am. I feel a little lightheaded for a sec but I shake my head to brush it off. I walk over to the window and slowly open the curtains, a bright ray of light shining through to my face that temporarily blinds me. I block the sun for a second with my hands until my eyes get used to the sun. Best guess, probably morning, around nine.

I look out the window and look down to the ground where I see ponies all over the town walking, talking, working, playing and having fun. Some are pulling carts, others are just chatting with friends while a trio of little pony’s seem to be engaged in a game of tag with how they keep going back and forth from each other. I look around some more and find some other Pegasus flying around, some look to even be laying on the clouds and talking with some of their friends. Only one question still goes through my head:

“Where am I?” I get an answer.

“You’re in Ponyville.” I quickly turn to the left and I take a step back. Standing at the door is a light brown colt with a mane and tail of a much darker brown color. His eyes are blue and he’s wearing a doctor’s coat that covers the rest of his body. I just stare at him and he does the same before breaking the silence.

“Can you understand me?” he asks. Can’t stay silent forever.

“Yes.” I say as I slowly slide my feet in a fighting stance, just in case. He smiles.

“Good. Glad to see you’re alright.” He says and begins walking over to me but I get suspicious. Why would they care if I live or die?

“Why did you help me?” I ask and he smiles again now standing right in front me, now I can get the best estimate that I am only a head taller than these ponies.

“Well we just couldn’t have our savior die just like that, now can we.” He says while smacking his hoof on the ground when he said ‘that’. His way of like snapping your fingers. I drop my stance.

“So, what you just automatically trusted me and decided to use your resources to save my life after I saved yours?” I say bluntly and straight forward. He chuckles and shakes his head a bit and I get confused as he turns off the heart monitor.

“Truth is, we’ve been under attack a few times a week by various creatures for the last few weeks. When you came in, saved us and just collapsed like that, we were debating whether or not we should save you or not, especially since we haven’t seen anything like you ever, we also thought you’d do more harm than good what with us not knowing your biology or how you function.” He explains as he takes the cords off me with his hooves as I listen. I still don’t see how they can work with no fingers. I think I’d go crazy if I didn’t have my fingers. I clench my fingers a bit to remind me as the doctor continues.

“Most were set on the idea of us not helping you but some of the more popular and important ponies that live here said we should help you, seems you caught their attention.” That last part caught my attention to say the least as he steps back a bit. Did I really impress some of them? I know I saved some of them but with how those wolves were, I figured they’d be more cautious of me.

“You gonna tell me who it was that wanted me safe and sound?” I say and he opens his mouth but a pony with a white coat of fur and pink hair pokes her head in.

“Doctor, we could use your help with some of the other patients.” She says and begins backing out but quickly comes back.

“Oh, and also, they’re here to see our guest.” The doctor nods back and the nurse looks at me for second and I look at her but she quickly leaves. The doctor looks back at me.

“Well, I got to go help the others. I’m sure you’re capable enough without me babysitting?” he says sarcastically. I can’t help but chuckle a bit. He goes for the door and opens it with his mouth but I’m still curious about something. I open my mouth to say something but he cuts me off.

“The ponies that want to meet you are here and will be arriving to meet their savior shortly.” He says and leaves. I just stand there, dumbfounded about what just happened. Yes, I saved the ponies, yes they saved me, but I’m capable enough to go now, why didn’t they kick me out? They don’t know anything about me. Questions swim through me head as I sit down but a knocking noise knocks me out of my thoughts. I look at the door and they knock again. Well-mannered, I forgot how that was.

“Come in.” I say and a purplish aura sounds the nob and twists it, making the door ease open to reveal the purple pony I saved before, and the little purple and green lizard riding her as well. She slowly walks in and so does three other ponies. One is a regular pony with green eyes, a mane of light yellow, and a coat of orange. Her tail and mane are tied into a ponytail... go figure, and she also wears a cowboy hat on her head. Huh. The second is a unicorn as well with eyes of light blue, a straight curled mane and tail of purple, along with a bright white coat. The last one stands out above the rest. A regular pony with eyes of a light cerulean blue, a puffy mane and tail of raspberry pink, and a coat of pale pink. What mostly makes her stand out is that she’s smiling and bouncing as she ‘walks’ in.

“Hi.” The purple pony says to break the silence so I decide to continue.

“Hello.”

“My name is Twilight Sparkle. This is Spike.” She gestures with her hoof to the lizard on her back and he waves at me.

“’sup.” He says and I can’t help but smile.

“Hey.” I wave back.

“Applejack.” Twilight gestures the pony to her right. The pony grabs her hat with her hoof and tips it.

“Howdy.” She says in a southern accent. A farm girl I’m guessing.

“Hi.”

“Rarity.” Twilight gestures to her left. The pony uses her hoof and swipes her hair from her eyes in a beautiful elegant way.

“Nice to meet you.” She says and I slightly bow my head.

“The pleasure is mine.” She giggles in a cute way.

“And this is- wait! Where’s-“ Twilight begins to gesture behind her along with the other two but there’s nothing. Wait, where’s the pink-

“Hi!!” I turn my head to my left and the pink pony pops right out in front of my face.

“Whoa! Wha!” I yell, first from getting freaked out by the sudden appearance of the pinkest thing I’ve ever seen with the biggest smile and widest eyes. Second, falling off the bed. I land on my back and my left arm smashes against the ground, shattering the cast. Everyone gasps, especially the pink pony from what just happened, I look at arm to expect pain... but it doesn‘t come. I sit up and I rub my arm and its better, way better. The bite marks are still there but arm functional again.

“Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to do that. I was just so excited to meet and I wanted to get to know you more and stuff but-“ she first says in the fast way I can barely understand but I stop her by closing her mouth. She shuts up and I slowly let her go, being ready in case she tries to speak a million words a second again. I give out a light chuckle.

“It’s alright. My arm seems better now. Guessing that the cast would have come off soon.” I state. The other pony’s sigh except for the pink one.

“Yipeeeee!” she instead yells while jumping into the air and landing at the foot of my bed.

“Ugh! Pinkie!” I hear someone groan out and to the left of my bed, the curtain separating my bed from the other opens up to reveal another pony in a gown adorned for patients.

“You just woke me up from my dream of me finally being a Wonderbolt!” the pony yells. Looking at her more closely reveals that she’s the pony that knocked the wolf off me, then how she got bitten and nearly killed. She has a bunch of bandages wrapped around her wings.

“Oop, sorry Dashie.” Pinkie whispers to Rainbow.

“Pinkie and Rainbow Dash, huh? The names suit you.” I say and Pinkie giggles.

“Do y’all think we can have a formal greeting now?” Applejack says.

“That probably would be best. As I was saying before someone decided to introduce themselves, the pink pony is Pinkie Pie…” Twilight states and Pinkie extends her hoof.

“Hi!” she quickly says and I smile and shake it, but it still feels weird, her being a pony and all but I manage.

“Hey Pinkie.”

“The pony in the other bed is Rainbow Dash, if you haven’t already figured that out.” Twilight motions with her hoof as she stands between the beds.

“Hey there.” Rainbow Dash says while waving her hoof in my direction. I wave back.

“Glad to meet you without teeth digging into us.” I say and we both chuckle, but Rarity gets a bit furious.

“This is no laughing matter! You both could have gotten yourselves hurt much much much much muuuuuch worse! Your both lucky to even be talking to each other!” Rarity says with a bit of anger in her voice. Who can blame her. From what I can tell, they all seem like close friends, and if it were my friends… well, I’d be mad as well.

“Relax Rarity, I do crazy daredevil things all the time. I’m used to this kind of abuse.” Rainbow Dash says. But getting mauled by a wolf?

“But getting tossed around and hurled by a Timber wolf?!” Close enough.

“Oh c’mon Rarity…” I cut in, making everyone look at me.

“I saved your friends Twilight and your lizard friend over there-"

"Hey! I'm a dragon." I turn to Spike at his outburst. Dragon?!... wait, now I see it. Shouldn't really be surprised anymore.

"Sorry, Rainbow decided to repay me saving your friends by saving me, although I don’t think she counted on getting put into a situation where I had to save her.” I say. Rainbow looks away from everyone.

“Don’t remind me.”

“Ah, well. We’re alive and well, for the most part.” I finish stating with a chuckle at the end. Rarity gives off a ‘hmph’ and goes to clean up the pieces of my cast on the floor. I go to say something but her horn gives off a light blue aura and the pieces are coated with it and they all bunch together and float over to the trash bin near the door.

“You always have to be so tidy all the time, don’t you, Rarity?” Rainbow says.

“I can’t help it! I just can’t stand to see a mess.” She says and I chuckle.

“And lastly this is… where’s fluttershy?” Twilight begins to gesture another pony but there’s no one else, or no pony else.

“She was just with us a second ago.” Spike states.

“I didn’t see anyone else. Just you four came in and that was it.” I say. They quickly give glances around the room.

“I’ll go find her.” Applejack volunteers and heads for the door.

“Thank you, Applejack.” Twilight says to her friend and turns back to me.

“Well, since you know all of our names, what’s yours?” Twilight asks and I think. I’ve been on the run for so long that I forgot my name. Being hounded from the law for two years, your name is the last thing on your mind.

“I… don’t remember.”

“You don’t remember or you won’t remember?” Twilight says with seriousness in her voice, and I don’t blame her. I try to remember my name but…

“I can’t. I’m trying to remember it but… ahhhh!” I try to explain but the headaches back. I grab my head with hands in an attempt to lessen the pain.

“Alright alright, you don’t have to hurt yourself to remember your name.” Twilight says and I stop remembering, although I am still mad that I can’t remember my own, or my parents for that matter. Just the memory of me running for my life from the police for the past few years.

“Soooooo… what do we call you?” Rainbow implies and I don’t know.

“I… honestly don’t know. I still remember what species I am, the history, how we act and stuff but… grrrrr! I can’t remember my own name.” I say with anger and I plop back against my pillow, still frustrated.

“How about swift?!” Pinkie implies and I lean my head forward.

“Swift?” me and everyone else says and Pinkie smiles.

“Yeah! It’s perfect for him! You all saw him! He over there some second, then over here, then there, and how he tackled the wolf, his hands moving, I couldn’t keep up with him! He was like ‘oof’ and then he was ‘Heeeya’ and ‘blam blam blam’!” Pinkie says while zipping from one end of the room to the other and trying to replicate how I was fighting before, even mimicking the sound my gun makes. And I’m fast, I can barely keep track of her! Wait… where’s my stuff?

“Well, what do you think?” Twilight asks and I think. Swift, it’s not the best of names but then again I can’t remember my own, and I am pretty fast, not to mention I don’t want to offend the nicest and freakiest pony ever.

“Swift, huh? Alright, I think that’ll work just fine.”

“Yaaaay!” Pinkie yells again.

“Shhhhhh! Pinkie, there are other ponies resting in this hospital too, you know?” Twilight says in a whispered voice.

“Oop, sorry Twilight.”

“By the way, I had some things with me before I got knocked out. Do you know where they are?” I ask and Twilight thinks.

“Weeeelllll, I think Fluttershy was last holding your things. Don’t worry; she’s very good at taking care of things that aren’t hers.” Twilight explains. That’s a relief, since I’m gonna be stuck here, I want to make sure that all my things are still in the condition I want them.

“C’mon, sugarcube. Everypony else already met him, now you?” I hear from the hallway and everyone – pony looks towards the door.

“Right on cue.” Spike says. I concentrate so I can listen to them talking, along with the sounds of something dragging.

“Oh no, please, Applejack! He was so scary and violent! If something were to happen to me, who would take care of the animals, especially Angel?!” A quiet voice yells in a whispered tone.

“Shy?” I ask to no one in particular.

“Yep.” Pinkie says quickly.

“Don’t worry, Fluttershy. We’ll all be right there with you and we’ll make sure nothing happens to you.” Applejack replies.

“Please, Applejack!”

“Sorry, but you volunteered to take care of his stuff, now you have to give it back.”

“Ohhhhhhh!” Fluttershy whines in a hushed tone.

“Am I really that intimidating?” I ask.

“You fought a whole pack of Timber wolves and lived, what do you think?” Rarity asks.

“Well, I did have help.” I state, and it’s true. I would surely be dead right now if it weren’t for the ponies backing me up and bringing me to their hospital.

“C’mon, Fluttershy. Y’all have to meet him eventually. There’s a good chance he might be staying.” Just when Applejack finished saying the last part, a Pegasus pony with a coat of yellow and a mane and tail of pink as well is pushed through the door and falls forward while having my duffel bags strap wrapped around her neck. Staying?

“What?!” Me and Fluttershy say at the same time. She quickly turns around and looks at me with these cyan colored eyes. She looks at me and I look at her. She looks away to the side and she fiddles with her front left hoof against the ground.

“Hi.” I say and she takes a step back but Applejack stops her.

“C’mon, now.” She slides Fluttershy a few tiles forward. She then looks up at me.

“Hello.” She says in one of the quietest and cutest voices ever. I wouldn’t have heard her if it weren’t so quiet in here.

“My names apparently Swift, and yours?” I ask and she looks to the side a bit.

“Fluttershy.” She says and I smile.

“Fluttershy, huh? That’s a pretty name.” she smiles.

“Can I have my bag back?” I ask, causing her to perk up and quickly look at me.

“Oh, right!” she says and she flaps her wings. She struggles a bit to get my bag onto the bed but I lean forward and I grab to help her. I gently take the strap off her and I put the bag down on the bed.

“I… didn’t look inside.” She says quietly and I smile again.

“Thank you. I appreciate it.” She smiles again. Never in my life have I ever seen things so cute.

“Aren’t ‘cha gonna open it?” Applejack strikes me out of my stupor. I shake my head.

“Yeah, sorry.” I grab the zipper and open it. Everything’s here. I grab the first thing I see, my knife. I grab it and pull it out. Fluttershy squeaks and jumps back to her friends and hides behind them. I twirl my knife into the reverse grip and I examine it from all angles. I just look at it after I’m done and I give a deep sigh.

I place the knife down and I go back to looking in my bag. I pull out my gun and I look at it.

"Ooooooohhh! What's that?!" Pinkie quickly says right next to me. I jump a bit at her sudden appearance but I remain calm since I don't want to accidentally pull the trigger.

"This, is an M9 Berretta. This weapon launches small high velocity pieces of lead from the end of this..." I say pointing at the hole at the end of my gun. Pinkie looks down the hole but I quickly push her away, almost pushing her off the bed. She regains her balance and looks a little hurt.

"Sorry about that but weapons like these are designed to maim and kill a creature from great distances. And it's always not a good idea to be looking down the barrel of it when someone has their finger on the trigger." I quickly explain. I take my finger off the trigger and I switch it to safety.

"How do you make the object launch out of it?" Twilight asks and I smile. I pull the barrel back and eject a round. I grab it and hold it to show everyone.

"The tip is the round that launches, while the rest is hollow and filled with a powder we use known as gunpowder. When the round is inside the barrel of one of our guns and we pull the trigger, a hammer like pin hits the butt of the bullet..." I say but I hear snickering to see Rainbow Dash and Pinkie chuckling.

"What? All I said is... ohhhhhhhh, ha ha ha." I chuckle as well. Usually I wouldn't laugh at something so pointless, but now since I'm not on the run anymore, I can cut loose.

"He he, sorry about that Swift, now what were you saying?" Rainbow finishes laughing and I continue.

"As I was saying, once the pin hits the back of the bullet, it ignites a spark in the round, setting fire to the gunpowder instantly and sends the bullet out of its casing, through the barrel and right where it was aiming at." I finish and most of the ponies look amazed by it, especially Twilight.

"Fascinating! I've never seen a device like that before! The only thing we have that can hit things from a far off distance is bows and arrows." she says. I smile a bit at the thought that these ponies don't have to use something that can tear creature in half with the right amount of force behind it.

"Its probably for the best. I'd tell you more but I'll tell you all the rest of my species achievements and advancements when I get settled in, alright?" I say since I'm still in the hospital and I prefer to be sitting on a couch when I talk.

"Fair enough." Twilight says, glad that she understands. Because its not everday you wake up in a world filled with ponies, realizing your the only one of your species, and you just took on a group of wolves, so it stands to reason you don't want to give a full lecture of what you are in the hospital. Taking a closer look at my gun its still in good condition, I quickly drop the magazine in it and I replace it as fast as I can. I then aim at the wall to make sure the sights still accurate and it is. I place it down next to my knife and I look at the magazine I popped out to reveal I only had two bullets left in it, three now since I slip the one I took out back in. I scrounge around my bag to find 8 more magazines and I lay them out under my gun. I take some clothes I had stuffed in there, some cans of food, my phone and laptop. My phone and laptop won’t be of use to me here since I don’t think these ponies use phones or anything. Make do with what you got.

Just then, the doctor from before comes in, making us all turn to him as he carries some type of cutting saw laid out on a tray on his back.

“Alright then sir, lets remove your cast and…” he begins but sees my arm to see I don’t have the cast anymore.

“Where is it?” he asks, gesturing my arm with his hoof. I look at my arm for a second before I point to the trash can next to the door. He leans his head in and sees the shattered pieces inside. He looks at me with a questioning look.

“You broke it?” he says straight forward and I give a slight chuckle.

“Well, it would break if you fall off the bed after seeing the pinkest pony ever when she just appears out of nowhere right behind you.” I say and the doctor looks at Pinkie Pie, where she looks down to ground and fiddles with her hooves in embarrassment.

“Well, Okay then.” The doctor says and he begins walking over to me past the girls. He then places his hoof under my hand and extends my arm out. He then proceeds to poke my arm in various places with the edge of his hoof.

“Anything?” he asks. I nod my head no.

“Apart from the annoyance, nope nothing.” I say and he lets me go.

“Interesting, you seem to have made a fast recovery.” He says.

“What were my injuries?” I ask and a nurse walks in with a rolled up black sheet and the doctor places it on a panel on the wall, where he flips a button and it lights up to reveal my entire skeletal structure.

“The bites went deep enough to hit your bones, fracturing your left arm while your right wasn’t as serious but your shoulder took some damage as well. Just some open wounds we had to stitch together closed along with some fractures were your injuries. If we hadn’t brought you in, there was a good chance you would have bled out.” The doctor says and I cringe at the thought. All too soon my life would have ended just like that. I would have gone to the sky heaven up top, or the fiery hell down below, or none of those at all, maybe my mind goes blank, or maybe I dream forever, maybe this is a dream. Maybe I bled out in the forest and I’m dead and just dreaming.

“Hellllllloooooooo?! Equestria to Swift?!” I hear and I break out of my thoughts to a pink hoof waving in my face.

“Wha-? Oh sorry, I drifted off there a second.”

“You okay?” Applejack asks and I look down for a few seconds and I shake my head.

“No… I almost died. The thought that my life would just end right now, just… now. It won’t leave my mind anytime soon.” I say in a sad voice and they all look sad as well, even Pinkie. I turn to them with a smile on my face.

“But that isn’t the case the right now. You girls convinced them to save my life, and gave me chance to repay you girls back. Thank you, thank you so much for giving me this chance.” I say and I stand up, I turn to them and I give them a polite bow. They look taken back by my gesture but they smile.

“You saved us as well, remember that.” Twilight says and I nod.

“Also, how long was I out?” I ask and the doctor ponders the question a bit.

“I think it was about a… couple days.” he says and I look at him surprised.

“Days?” I ask with surprise. He nods.

“Yes. When we fixed you right up, we let you rest for a bit but then others started getting worried when you didn’t wake up. You were hurt but not that hurt. Your body was ready for you to awaken but it seemed that your mind just didn’t want to let you go.” He says. I can’t remember much. After I lost consciousness from my wounds, bits of memory flashes keep popping in and out of my head. I couldn’t make sense of them because they were at random and strewn all over the place. I grab my head in pain when I try to remember the images but I can’t.

“You alright?” Applejack says when I give a slight groan. I shake my head a bit to try relieve myself. It helps some.

“Yeah, yeah I’m fine. Just a headache.” I quickly say. I look at all the ponies around, all of them having a look of worry on their faces. I guess they really do care about me.

“Well, I have to make sure all the other patients are okay, visiting hours will be over soon so we can have no distractions in helping our patients.” The doctor pony says.

“Alright, we’ll be out of your hair soon, doc. Take care.” Twilight replies.

“You too.” Before the doctor can leave, I stop him.

“Wait!” Everyone turns to me.

“I… just wanna say, thanks again, for helping me.” I say and he smiles.

“It wasn’t a problem. Just make sure to truly thank the ponies that backed up on helping you.” He says and leaves.

“Thanks again girls. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you all.” I say and they smile.

“You helped us, we helped you.” Rainbow says.

“Hmmm... So…” I say leaning back in my bed. “What happens next?”

“Well, do you know how to get back to where you came from?” Twilight asks and I nod my head no.

“Nope. One second I’m in my world, the next I wake up in this massive dense forest just outside of this town.” I say and the girls cringe a little.

“The Everfree Forest!” they all say at the same time.

“The what?” I say and Applejack speaks up.

“The Everfree Forest is a dangerous place here in Ponyville. Creatures of all kind live in that there forest and no pony ever goes in there without a reason.” She explains.

“How did you survive?” Rainbow asks and I think.

“Weellll, I think I was in the edge of the forest because I only walked for a few minutes before I came across a little cottage.”

“Cottage?” Spike asks and I nod.

“Yes, I think. It was on top of a small hill, had a fenced in area around a chicken coop, and a lot of birds flying around.” I say and Fluttershy looks at me.

“That’s where I live! You didn't do anything to hurt my little animals now, did you?” she says the last part quietly but I heard.

“No no no no no no, I swear I didn’t do anything! I just knocked and looked inside through the window on your door and that was it. I would never hurt an innocent creature unless they forced my hand to do so.” I quickly say, making sure that I don't mess anything up with her.

"Alright." she says while flying and turns back to the others.

“I’m gonna go back home to check back on the animals and make sure they’re fed.” She says and opens the window.

“I’ll meet you guys later.” She says with a slight wave and flies off.

“Bye Fluttershy!” the girls yell.

“She really cares about her animals, huh?" I ask and they all nod.

"Aside from us, their practically family to her." Rarity says sincerely. Family... why the hell can't I remember mine?

“Okay then.” I say

“Okay, back to the questions before. You have no idea on how to get back, right?” Rarity asks and I nod.

“No idea.”

“I’ll have to send a report to Princess Celestia. She’ll need to hear about this.” Princess Celestia? I’ll have to ask them later.

“Well that settles it then.” Spike says and I’m confused.

“Settles what?”

“You’re staying in Ponyville.” Twilight says and I look at them.

“Really?”

“Sure. We got plenty of room around town, and if y’all don’t like rooming with any of us, I’m sure we can get you a room at our hotel.” Applejack proposes. I'm taken back by her words, already these ponies are willing to have you move in with them. They really do live up to friendship.

“Really?! No! No. I can’t. You don’t even know me and already you want me to move in with you. I… I can’t do that.” I say and Rarity scoffs.

“Really?! Because if I can recall, you’ve never talked or seen us before, and you were just contempt in jumping into our fight and nearly dying to protect us.” She says. I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out. She did have a point. I just came out of nowhere and threw myself into helping them. I may not be the absolute nicest person in the world but something so cute and colorful didn’t look like they deserved to have their lives taken away so soon.

“Alright, you got me.” I say sarcastically.

“Quite.”

“Ah’ come on, don’t be like that. If your going to be stuck here, might as well stick close to the ponies you saved, right?” Applejack says and I shrug.

“Fair enough. Where will I be staying then?” I ask. They ponder it for a sec.

“Well you could stay with us at Sweet Apple Acres, although you could either sleep on the couch, or in the barn, since we don’t have that much room in our house.” Applejack says and I think. The couch would seem better than what I’ve been used to sleeping on, hard pavement.

“Weeeeelllll…” I begin but Rarity interrupts.

“Nonsense! I have an extra room at my boutique. You could use it until we can fashion you up something much more elegant, and I won’t take no for an answer!” Rarity quickly interjects. I guess I got a place to sleep, then.

“I guess that settles it then.” I say

“Yep, looks like your rooming with Rarity.” Twilight says and I nod. Time to see what my new digs look like, but I look at Spike for a brief second and he looks mad.

“Do you think you can give me a tour of town, since I’ll be staying?” I ask and they nod.

“Of course! We’ll wait outside in the hall while you get ready and we’ll show you around.” Twilight says and goes to leave.

“Wait!” Rainbow Dash says and jumps out of bed.

“I’m coming too. My wings may be out of commission but I can still walk around.” She quickly says and trots past her friends into the hallway.

“I guess she’s coming too.” Twilight says while Spike gets off her back and all the ponies begin exiting the room, except for Spike who just stares at me.

“What?”

“You’re sleeping in the same place with a very beautiful mare. You may have saved my life but do anything to hurt that pony, and I will make you regret it.” Spike says in anger and leaves the room. He must really care about Rarity.

“…Okay then.” I say to myself and I grab a shirt and put it on. I then take a belt from inside my bag and I put it on. The thing about this belt is that it has a holster for my gun and a sheathe for my knife. Once I place everything back in, I grab my socks and shoes and put them on. I stand up with all my things in place, my bag strapped over my back along my chest, my gun on my right hip, knife on the other, and I’m fully clothed. I grab the door handle, breathe in, hold it for a few seconds, and out. The second I step out this door, my life will change.

Then again, what life did I have before?

I open the door and step out…