• Published 26th Oct 2012
  • 5,811 Views, 143 Comments

A New Purpose in Life - Tx Avenger 218



A teenager goes from being a wanted fugtitive, to living with the ponies of ponyville.

  • ...
23
 143
 5,811

A New World (Edited)

I open my eyes to reveal the blue sky above me with the top of trees blocking some of the sky from my vision.

What the hell? Wasn't I being chased in the dark? I quickly sit up and I go to grab my gun but I can't find it, neither my knife or my dogtags. I look around frantically to try and find them but what I find is my weapons with my duffel bag a few feet away from me. With my gun back in my hands, I aim around me just in case something pops out but something feels... different. The forest looks slightly different than from before. It has a more swampy feeling and look to it. I don't hear the sounds of people talking, dogs barking or any running or shuffling noises, not even the sirens or helicopter blades.

I'm alone.

I quickly check myself because I distinctly remember that I was bleeding out from a broken bottle stab. I pull up my shirt a bit to show that my wounds are healed, just some scars. I slide my knife into it’s sheathe on my right hip and I look inside the bag to find everything still there. I grip my M9 tightly and hold it in both my hands. Not wanting to stay in the forest any longer, I begin making my way past some trees and through bushes, determined to get out of this unfamiliar place and find out where exactly I am, because if I know police dogs, its very hard to get away from them, they surely had my scent and would have found me, but something's definitely wrong.

I continue to hear rustling noises all around me but I continue to press on, remaining cautious of what they could be because most definitely aren't dogs, possibly bears. I don't remember hearing about any bears skulking around city limits... Then again I did run pretty far.

I shake the thoughts out of my head. Have to get out of here first. Most of the sounds are birds chirping and cawing but are more growls and grunts and a lot of other noises I definitely don’t recognize. After getting caught on some vines, I take my knife and cut myself free and stumble forward, crashing through a bush and into the open. I take a breather on the ground for a second before getting on one knee and looking up to see a small little cottage. I see a pen for some chickens, various bird houses around the house and what looks like an open field behind it.

“Maybe someone lives there. They’ll tell me where I am.” I say and begin walking up the small twisted path leading to door. I walk up to the door and look through the window in the middle of the door see some birds flying around inside, some mice running around on the floor and a bunny on the sofa. I knock on the door a couple times.

“Hello?! Is anybody in there? I was hoping someone can help me. I don’t know how I got here and could use for some help, please?” I lightly yell. No response. The only things I notice is the bunny staring at me.

“Hello?! Please, I don’t mean any harm. I just want to know where I am!” I lightly yell again but to only be greeted by the sounds of silence, except some occasional bird chirps. I give off a groan of frustration and turn around. I look and see the path to the door also leads somewhere else. I concentrate my vision and see the roofs of some houses and buildings past some more trees a little ways off.

“Maybe whoever lives here went into that town over there.” I say to myself and run down the path and begin a light jog along it.

I soon make my way to just the outskirts of the town and give a sigh of relief to reveal that the town doesn’t look abandoned or anything, however it does look like its seen better days. Some carts are thrown over, stands are busted, windows broken and food and fruit litters the ground around me. I slowly look around to inspect things a little closer thanks to my curiosity.

“All this food looks fresh. It must have been busted minutes ago.” I say to myself. I kneel down to a busted cart and find some teeth marks on them. They chewed right through the wood.

“Hmmmmm… these look like wolf bites.” I say after looking at the bite marks a bit more. I stand up and take another look around.

“Hellooooooo!?” I yell..

“Ahhhhhh!! Help me!!” I hear someone yell.

“That sounds like a girl.” I say and I take my pistol, aim it at the ground and begin running in the direction I heard the cry for help. I may have gone on the run and stayed alone all the time but I still have my morals and can’t resist helping another in need. I quickly take a sharp corner and slam into something, or someone to be more specific. We both fall back on our asses and grab our heads in throbbing pain. I slowly look up to see something I’d never seen before, a... unicorn? Wha-? A pony with an aqua coat, a darker aqua mane with white streaks in them as well as her tail, light brown eyes and another mark on her flank that looks like a harp. We both just stare at each other, a look of shock on both your faces. Where the hell am I? is the question that swims through my mind.

“Lyra! Get up, let’s go!” Another pony yells to the one I crashed into and it looks like a regular pony, I guess. A beige furred pony with puffy hair and tail with a pigment blue mane with a rose pink streak, cerulean eyes, and some kind of mark on her flank that looks like three pieces of candy. She tries to help her friend up but just looks at me. She gets into a stance in front of her friends where she plants both her hoofs on the ground and leans the front part of body low to the ground. I crawl back a bit, not sure what it is that she, from I can guess on the voice, is going to do. Not really in the mood to be making enemies at this point. She stands up again and looks at me but focuses on her friend.

“Lyra, c’mon!” she says to her friend and helps her up.

“Uh… right, sorry Bon Bon.” Lyra I guess says to Bon Bon and they both begin running. More screams and sounds of conflict around the corner snap to my attention. I get up with my gun in hand I make my way to it. I turn to be greeted by horrible sight. A lot of ponies litter the ground, most are just unconscious and others are too hurt to move or do anything.

"What the-?" I mutter to myself and turn my head from the sight and hear another scream.

“Ahhhhh!” I open my eyes and look to see a light purple unicorn pony with a dark blue mane, and violet and rose streaks along it, and a tail with the same color and violet eyes. She’s on the ground holding onto what looks like a light purple and green little lizard or something but she’s holding it tightly enough that I can’t fully make it out. They are both backed up against a wall as what’s surrounding them look like wolves but they look wooden. They stand slightly taller than the ponies and I am only just a couple heads taller, and the wolves have some tree branches on them which clearly says they are what they are, timber wolves. The wolves growl as they get closer to the two.

“Am I really going to let them get killed by these… things?” I say to myself as I drop my bag. One wolf stalks ever closer to the two. If I help out now, then all these problems that these ponies have can become mine. I could leave right now and study them to see how everything is. I have been pretty good at keeping out of sight, not to mention that my numbers of them to me is 7 to 1. I take a step back to leave but I look back at them. Do they really deserve it? I've taken lives before, now I have a chance at saving some. The wolf goes low to the ground and pounces. Without thinking, I quickly pull out my gun and fire.

"*BANG**BANG*" Is all that's heard as I put two rounds into the pouncing wolf. He falls dead as it breaks apart next to the pony and lizard as everyone looks at me, the rest of the wolves included as I just stand there with my gun aimed high at them.

"Pick on someone who can fight back!" I yell. Why the hell did I do that? The wolves growl at me. Fuck it, no going back now.

All the wolves begin charging at me. I open fire at them, counting six. I take down two of them before the first one jumps at me to bite my face. I lean to the left and I quickly grab my knife in the reverse grip in my right hand where I stab it into the wolf. Since the flesh of the wolf is wood, my knife has trouble going in but there are gaps in it so I was able to hit something vital in my stab. I look at the dead wolf for a second before I look forward again and another one jumps at me. He knocks me down, trying to bite me but I use his momentum against him and I throw him off me with my feet. I roll back onto my hands and feet where I quickly fire a few more rounds at another, killing it. As soon as I stand up, the last one jumps right at me and I quickly bring my left arm up, stopping the wolf from biting my face off just an inch from my face as he claws and tries to bite me. I quickly use my knife in my free hand stab it in the neck. It freezes before falling apart and dies before I push it off me with my knife still in it.

“Well, that was easy.” I say, and it was. At least my dad gave ‘something’ good before he died.

I kneel down to grab my knife and stop. Dad? But... why can't I- Before I can finish, the other wolf I threw off me before recovered and bites into my shoulder.

“AHHHH!!” I yell in pain as the wolf digs its teeth into my right shoulder. I go to try and shoot it with my gun in my left hand but another wolf comes and bites my arm. With my gun hand unable to move, I go to grab the knife and when I pull it out, a third and final wolf comes and bites my arm. Both my arms are restrained and I can’t do anything to get them off as they rip into my flesh. I grit my teeth in pain as they continue to tear into me. In just one swift motion, they can easily rip me apart. This is it then, I’m gonna die for some ponies. What the hell did it come to?

The pain on my right arm lessens as a rope lasso hooks around the top of the wolf’s jaw and pries it off me. I quickly grip my knife harder and I stab it back into the wolf killing it. I notice the wolf on my other arm is gone. I look to see it away from me and is surrounded by an aura of a light purplish color. I don’t think so.

I flip my knife so I grab the tip of the blade and throw it. My knife flies and stabs the wolf right into where I hope its heart is. I drop my gun and use both my hands to try and pry the last one of me but its stuck on me tight. Before I can continue to wrestle the wolf of me, something comes and knocks the wolf right off me. The jaws cut me a bit more but not actually feeling them on me anymore feels even better. I breathe a sigh of relief and I grab my shoulder as I shudder and my vision already begins to fade from the sudden trauma. I look to my right and see the wolf staring down very light blue cerulean colored pony with a mane and tail of red, orange, gold, green, blue, purple, a rainbow if you will. The pony also has wings so if I remember correctly, it’s a Pegasus. The pony gives off a huff of smoke from it's nose.

“Why don’t you pick on somepony else now!” she yells, her voice being a female. The rainbow colored pony flys at the wolf with speeds I can’t imagine, leaving a rainbow in her path. She flies from left to right and hits the wolf numerous times.

“Wow.” Is all I say before the wolf side steps and clamps its jaw into something, the ponies wings. She gives off a yell of pain as the wolf swings her from left to right and then throws her. She slides on the ground and crashes against the broken cart I inspected earlier.

“Rainbow!!” I hear and see a bunch of other ponies seeing the whole ordeal, the purple pony and her lizard, a pink pony with bright puffy pink hair, an orange one, white, gray, all kinds of colors. I look back at the pony that got the wolf off me and the wolf slowly makes its way to her. She tries to flap her wings but they are bleeding pretty bad.

The wolf gets closer and closer to her and gets ready to pounce. He leans low to the ground and jumps. "Fuck!" I yell and in midair, I tackle the wolf away. The rainbow colored pony just stares as me and the wolf roll a few times before we come to a stop with the wolf on top of me. I have my arm against its neck as it tries to bite my face, barking, snarling, drooling all over me as I keep it back. That’s it; I’ve had enough of this!

I grab the back of his head with my other hand and then grab his chin. The wolf tries to bite me relentlessly but now I have him.

“Goodbye, and good, riddance!” I yell the last part as I twist its necks, snapping and breaking its neck, snuffing out the last life of the wolves. I throw the wolf off me and I stand up. I breathe heavily as I look around, all the ponies staring at me. We all just stand where we are, just staring at each other, but something had to break the silence. Pain shoots through me as I cover my mouth and cough violently. I look at me hand to see a small pool of blood. My vision fades and I collapse forward. So now ‘this’ is how it ends.

I stare off to the side as I see a purple figure running to me. It stops in front of me, leans in and starts yelling something back to its friends as more come to me, but I can’t understand a single thing they are saying. My vision blurs into nothingness as my eyes close and I lose consciousness from the pain, being tired, and loss of blood. Only one thought goes through my head before I finally black out.

Damnit

-------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all enjoyed this beginning. Sorry for the unconscious cliche but what can you do.