• Published 26th Oct 2012
  • 5,811 Views, 143 Comments

A New Purpose in Life - Tx Avenger 218



A teenager goes from being a wanted fugtitive, to living with the ponies of ponyville.

  • ...
23
 143
 5,811

Prologue

“Damn, not much take.” I say to myself. Its night time right now and I broke into a store to get some food but the alarms sounded before I could get much. My parents were killed when I was 14, three years ago, I’ve been on the run because I had no interest what so ever in being put into a foster home. Now I’m wanted by the police for breaking and entering, theft of clothing and foods in various stores. I begin walking to try and find a place to sleep as I pull my duffel bag more over my shoulder, in it contains some food, clothes, a laptop, my phone, and some ammo for my gun. I am also wearing some dog-tags that my uncle made for me before he passed away. These tags are all I have left of him since he was like a second father to me.

“This is starting to get old. Moving around all the time, looking over my shoulder at the slightest hint of a cop.” I say to myself. Sort of starting to regret the path I’ve chosen.

“Maybe I should turn myself in. I haven’t stolen much over time and with what’s happened, maybe they’ll go easy on me and give me probation… not they won’t, not with what I did.” I give groan of my situation and a tear begins to form in my eye when I remember my mother. I quickly wipe it away. Damnit more tears! Oh wait, that’s rain.

I look up and a rain drop hits my face again.

“Great, just what I need.” I soon come across on old abandoned building that’s 4 stories high. Salvation! The walls are grit and dirty and the floors hard wood is ragged and chipped.

“Better than getting sick, and in my predicament, I can’t go to the hospital.” I say, since the place still looks somewhat inhabitable. I go in through the front and I go upstairs. I soon come across a bedroom with a window, a few beds and a closet but there is a hole in the ceiling in the corner and the beds still look alright, and there is a drum barrel in the middle of the room with fire coming out of it. I lay my bag on the ground so I can be ready just in case the occupants aren’t friendly.

“This has been recently used. Someone lives here.” I say to myself.

“They sure do.” I hear and I turn around to the door and look to see a middle-aged man with a beard and some ragged clothing. Another comes out from behind him and this time it’s a female. I take a step back and I hear a thud behind me and look to see someone younger had dropped from the hole in the ceiling. I hear another noise and look to my right to see the closet door opening, a teenager, about a year older than me walking out. I catch a glimpse inside to see a mattress in there. All four of the people look strung out on drugs and unstable. They all come closer to me and I don’t take any chances.

“Freeze!” I yell as I pull out my M9 Beretta pistol that my father gave me. They jump back at the sight of my gun and I twist and turn to keep them all in my sights. Soon, the older man chuckles and he pulls out a switchblade, the woman grabs a beer bottle nearby and breaks it, the guy from the hole has a screwdriver, and the one from the closet pulls out a switchblade as well.

“You can’t take us all on yourself.” The older man says and takes a step forward.

“Stay back or I’ll shoot!” I yell and he stops. The guy from the hole behind me takes a step and I aim at him. Another step is taken by the woman and I aim at her.

“I fucking mean it!” I yell louder. Two steps are taken as I sign of running and I jerk my gun to the right and put 3 rounds into the guy that came out of the closet. He falls back dead into the closet and I freeze. The older guy makes a move and I freak and put 4 rounds into him. He falls back dead and the woman charges, I fire a round into her shoulder and this makes her stop but the guy behind me jumps onto my back and stabs my left shoulder with his screwdriver. I yell in pain and I jerk around, trying to throw him off me. I get sick of this and I slam backwards into the wall, knocking the air out of him and I then slam against the window, breaking it and sending him out the window as well. I groan as I reach behind me to pull out the screwdriver. I look at it and find it’s rusted.

“Damnit, I’m gonna need a tetanus shot.” I groan.

“RAAAAAHHH!” I hear and I bring my gun up but the woman from before uses the bottle she has and knocks the gun out of my hand while also cutting my hand in several places. She tries to cut and stab me but I continue to dodge and jump back until my back hits the wall. She takes this chance and drives the bottle into my stomach. I give out a yelp of pain as she tries to drive it deeper into me. I try to choke her with my right hand but I’m too weak. She just chuckles.

“I’m going to enjoy killing you for you killing my friends.” She says and pulls the bottle up a bit. I give a pained groan and I can’t take it anymore. I use my left hand and I grab my combat knife with the 9-inch blade and bring it straight up. I slice her throat and she instantly lets go of me and drops the bottle as it shatters on the ground. She stumbles back and grabs her throat as blood begins pouring out of her throat like a waterfall. I grab my stomach wound and just watch as she slowly bleeds to death, a look of shock on my face. She finally collapses on the ground and I just stare at her now dead. A sick retching feeling bubbles up from the pits of my stomach and I try to suppress it but I can’t take it anymore. I get sick and I puke up my most recent meal all over the floor. I grip my stomach even harder on account retching my stomach made the wound hurt even more. I then hear the noticeable sound of an alarm going off and I go to the window and look down to see the guy I threw out earlier dead on a slightly crushed car. People have gathered around to see what happened and I hear sirens.

“Great.” I say, then a bright light is shown on my face and I look up to make out what looks like helicopter.

“This is the police! Step out of the building and put your hands in the air!” the helicopter yells and I groan.

“Shit, they must have heard the gunshots.” I say and cop cars begin pulling up.

“Freeze!” one of the officers yells to me and I duck inside. I grab my gun and holster it along with my knife. My shoulder still hurts but my stomach hurts even more. I grab my bag and sling it over my non-wounded shoulder and run out the room and at a window that leads to the back of the building. I break through it and when I hit the ground, I roll to lessen the pain. Thank god I was on the second floor or else it would hurt a lot more. I immediately try to break into a sprint but my wounds prevent me. I run as best I can through the woods, trying to get away from the police but the helicopter spotted me. Thankfully, the woods are pretty thick so the helicopter can’t follow me.

It soon begins to rain and combined with fatigue, I collapse against a tree. I feel cold and it’s not just because of the wind. I’ve already lost too much blood and I can hear the dogs barking and the officers giving orders.

“They’ll find me soon.” I say to myself and a bright light begins to form away from me.

“They found me. After so long of running, it’s over, it’s come to an end.” I say to myself mostly as the light gets bigger and bigger until I get blinded by it and lose consciousness.