• Published 25th Oct 2012
  • 849 Views, 2 Comments

The Few - Carmack21



Embracing the night has never felt so good.

  • ...
 2
 849

Chapter 4

The Few Part 4
By: Carmack21
Edit by: Luna_G1rl
---
"All rise for Princess Luna!" a solar guard hollard at his troop. All the solar guard within earshot stood at attention for Princess Luna and her three guards. It's been about thirteen weeks since Knight enlisted, eleven since he heard the real story of Nesser and the Few, and about five since he mentioned the discharge of a Corpal Ripspeed, to whom Princess Luna gave the chance to join the Lunar Guard.

All three walked with perfect unison, Ripspeed, on the far left, Knight on the far right, and in the middle was Specs. Knight was finally out of the weaker, thinner training armor, and was fitted with a new harder, durable, and more powerful set of armor.

Ripspeed although new was given a set of non-training armor for this particular occasion, since a full Solar eclipse only happens once every so often.

Princess Luna led her guards to a special part of the castle where not many ponies got to go. There were more and more guards, posted in every avilable space and donned heavier and heavier gear as they made their way further and further down the hallways. Where ever they were going was special to both Princesses. But within a few more turns they were upon their destination, a wide circular room with two pedastools in the center, one facing the other, and a glass window in the roof.

"Captian Speckles, we request that thee stays where thou stands with Knight and Ripspeed. We request no pony but our sister to enter." was all Luna needed from her guard.

Folloing strict orders the three guards stood at attention in the entrance blocking it as too not allow any too enter. Not much time passed when Princess Celestia, flanked by a troop of Solar Guard appered from around the corner. As the herd walked as one, every so often two stallions would break away from the group and take up positions against the hallways wall. Filling in gaps until there were three guards remaining and Princess Celestia.

"Split rank." Specs ordered in her stern militaristic voice, and the Lunar Guard broke rank and split. Specs to one side and the two newer guards to the opposite.

"Halt." the leader of the Solar Guard barked. "Split rank!" this time two solar guards crept to the side with Specs, and thier Captian, Shinning Armor stood beside Knight and Ripspeed.

"Well, hello Knight Caster and Ripspeed. It seems my sister is expanding her guard again." she spoke sweetly to both guards.

Shinning Armor was surprised by this, he knew Princess Luna aquired guards but she aquired two of his discharged stallions. He tried to keep his mind from ponduring it, and was soon lost in thought about something else.

The two Lunar Guards bit their tongues, they did not want to say anything to the comment, Instead Knight opened the door for her too enter.

After she went in and the heavy door was closed Ripspeed looked over at his Captian, who gave a nod. 'Why did she say 'again' too us?' he thought to Specs. It was true Ripspeed never heard the full story of the great war. Nor did he know the real fate of Captian Nesser, and how he had joined Princess Luna, when he was fired, causing many of his loyal guards to follow.

'I shall explain later.' she thought back to him.

'I could go for some hay bacon right now.' Knight with out knowing, intruded into their conversation, and drawing a stern look from his captian. 'Whoops, sorry I forgot you guys can hear me.' he spoke as he tried to make amends.

'Is that all you can say for yourself, your hungry. Did you not hear what the Princess said?' Ripspeed contimplated, stealing a quick glare at his friend.

'I'm sorry, but the only Princess's words I care about is Princess Luna's.' he shrugged.

'You should really reconsider that thought. We three aren't the only ones who can think talk.' she made a subtle quick nod at the other guards, who were well away into their thoughts.
Making sure the Solar Guard didnt hear their conversation, Specs told her fellow guards to remain quiet while she tried to jump into the solar guards thoughts.

'Captain Armor, did you hear the Princess? What does she mean by 'agian.' a solar guard standing right next to Specs thought with no hint of expression changing on his face to his Captian.

'She must have good reason, it's not like Princess Celestia ment anything bad, right Captian?' the other solar guard added.

Specs, was wondering why Shinning Armor has yet to reply to the guards about their Princess, until the guard next to her mentally facehoofed himself. 'Dodger, don't waste your time, he's stuck thinking about his wife. Again.... For the hundredth time today.' and with that said, Specs stole a glance at Shinning Armor, and sure enough he had a slight grin and glassed eyes, as if he was imagining something wonderful.

'Wow... These guards are complete fools.' Specs thought in her head.

'Who said that?' the guard next to her thought quickly.

Specs stood still, she forgot that if she tries to enter ones thought conversation (being as hard as it is) then you must leave that conversation, or the next words you think will be heard by the group you've joined.
'Uhm, sirrr.... Captian.... CAPTIAN!' the Solar guard thought, trying to get the attention of his fearless leader. But he was met by no response.

Specs quickly left their conversation knowing by far they had no chance of realising who intruded upon them. 'Well I'll say this... Good Solar Captians are hard to come by now a days.' she smirked at her men.

'Yup.' the two Lunar Guards thought at once.

'Now back to attention. We must be ready for what our Princess is doing.' She comanded her guards to attention.

'By the way what is she doing?' Knight thought to Specs.

---
"Ahha, our big sister comes at last." Luna stood at the foot of one of the thrones, but when her sister walked in she walked over to meet her.

"I am sorry that I'm late, I ran in to a little problem, but I put my most faithful student Twilight Sparkle on it." Celestia walked towards Luna.

"What hasth thou done this time?" Luna was interested in what her sister had to say. Even if it was about her 'Most Faithful Student Twilight Sparkle.'.

"Well remember how we froze Discord in stone for all eternity, and how we though it was impenetrable, but all it took was three fillys to break the curse." she gestured to a metaphorical thought bubble. "Well let's just say we need something stronger then stone."

"We must help our friend Twilight!" Luna went to rush for the doors, but a magical force grabbed her and pulled her back. "Big sis, they need us." she whinned.

"Dont worry young sister, they have already captured him." she used her magic to summon a bubble that Luna could see. Sure enough Discord was imprisoned again, but this time he was leaning on a trash can, and his hand was supporting his head up. But strangest of all was the look on his face, it was a look of 'Here it comes again. Oh no, I don't care anymore.', and his body language suggested it was getting old.

POOF! The magical bubble disappeared, and Celestia walked up to her designated seat. "See sister, Equestria is safe for yet another year." She chuckled.

"Ok Tia, shall we commence the eclipse?" Luna wanted too know. She could hear her guards getting agitated out side, so she thought talked to her Captian, 'Captian Speckles, we shalt be done soon. Keep thou guards thoughts under control.' turning and going to her designated seat across from her sister.

"Shall we begin then." Princess Celestia asked.

"Yes we shall." Princess Luna was out of practice, but her sister encouraged her anyway.

The two sisters touched horns, causing dark blue and briliant white sparks to jolt this way and that. With both powers they centred the moon infront the sun, causing a solar eclipse.

---

Outside the room.

Since no windows layed on the great hallways walls, Knight was unable to tell what was going on. Something felt odd to him, his armor started getting cold. He did not move, but the sensation got the best of him and he started shivering. Looking at his Captian, he noticed she was slightly jittering too. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Ripspeed doing the same. 'Specs, what is ha-happening why did it get s-s-so cold?' he could barely think.

'It'll only last a f-few mi-minutes, it'll-l pass.' she encouraged him, and shrugged towards the Solar guard.

They weren't shivering, yet instead thick beads of sweat rolled off their faces, alot of sweat. Both Lunar and Solar guards wished to be in the opposite armor, apperently what ever was being done, it was affecting the magic that powered their armor.

"Knight Stop shivering so much." Specs spoke aloud, she found it easier then thinking it too him.

Without realization of what he was doing Knight started too hear the click clank of his armor as it rubbed against itself. "Yes ma'am." said Knight.

---

After what seemed like an eternity, but was actually no more than ten minutes the two Princesses reappeared in the doorway, both wielding a grand smile, and the scene before them made both alicorns chuckle. "Hast thou faired well?" Luna asked her guards with a hint of playfulness.

Her guards eyes were big and soft, as they huddled together shivering tremedesly, trying to share what ever heat one might have.

"Now wasn't that fun?" Celestia asked her guards who had animated swirly eyes and were spaced well away from one another sprawled out on the floor, hopeing the marble floor would give them a little bit of coldness.

"Well sister we think thy guards need relief." Luna suggested to her sister.

"Yes sis. Shinning Armor, Corpol Dodger, and Corpol Thrasher all of you have my blessing for leave." Celestia granted her guards.

"Specs and Ripspeed, thou has permission for leave. Knight we request thee to assist us in walking to our room." Luna selected Knight, because of a simple question that arose a couple days ago. Knight released himself from the small shivering troop and followed his princesses command, takeing his place next to the princess while his fellow guards, and his polar opposite guards left.

The two sisters made an attempt at small talk but eventually said their farewells. As Princess Celestia made her way back down the hallway, her guards that were stacked on the wall started to follow her, and soon enough she was flanked by a troop of guard ponies who cared too deeply about her safety.

"Hmm," Princess Luna became lost in thought, "It seems our sister has not taken likely to being beaten by Chrysalis" she noted.

Knight glanced over at his Princess, "Princess Luna?" it came out like a question.

"What doest thou need?" she looked down at her guard, With a questioning look.

"Can you teach me about the moon and stars?" he asked her innocently. Recently he started studying all he could on the subject, but he wanted too know more. He wanted to hear from the pony who made them not read from a danky old book.

"Guard hast thou no question that must be spelt aloud?" she chuckled at his eagerness to question things, and wonder to how it all worked. "On the next full moon we shall 'teach' you everything we know." she told Knight. That being said, the pair walked quietly to Luna's bedroom, where Knight took his place standing guard all alone even though he had no need to.

---

End of Part 4