• Published 25th Oct 2012
  • 1,156 Views, 0 Comments

Tales of Little Consequence and Other Such Nonsense - littlerobotbird

  • ...
 0
 1,156

TMP Prompt #150: The Escape [Humor]

The Prompt: The Big Breakout.

Beads of sweat rolling down his brown, hair on the back of his neck standing on end, he waited. He waited for the perfect moment, the moment that he would slip through the impenetrable walls that kept him bound, that kept him from the sweet taste of freedom on the other side.

He had watched them for too long.

Enjoying themselves. Oblivious to his persecution under an intolerant system that bound him to rules without his consent or input.

But for no longer would he sit idle. His patience would be tested, but he knew that sweet release would be his when the moment came.

And it did.

He watched as the watchful eyes drifted away and he struck with a mighty leap.

"Angel Bunny!" came the shrill cry of the authority as he bounded across her withers and towards the sweet succulence of the evening's meal. "No, that's a bad bunny, Angel!"

He cared not for her petty words as he tore a bowl from a hapless goose and broke for the door.

He heard the authority call for him as he slipped out the small door within the authority's larger entrance and to freedom.

"That'll double time on the naughty stool for you, Angel Bunny!"

A carrot had never tasted so sweet.

[Unsubmitted: Compilation Post]