• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 959 Views, 7 Comments

FlitterCC-Mod's 30 Minute Ponies Stories - FlitterCCmod



My collection of SFW stories for 30 Minute Ponies writing challenges on Tumblr.

  • ...
1
 7
 959

The Last Brony on Earth

Coreth was an archeologist, dedicated to finding lost treasures of the Old World. When mankind had vacated Earth in 2112 AD due to proof of very hostile aliens, they'd left much of their culture behind. Now that they had reclaimed the planet in 2215, they were left with a world that was almost 10% nuclear wasteland, with the oceans lowered and entire landscapes reshaped by the war.
Coreth wasdressed in a full excavation suit, complete with radiation-proof sealing and heat-proofed lining. He was digging through the ruins of an old city called "New York". Centuries ago, it had been a bustling metropolis; home to millions of humans. Now, you could barely make out where one crumbled building ended and another began. Steel and glass littered the broken streets.
Coreth's eyes were drawn to a small pink case. He walked over to it slowly, being careful to check for hazards as he stepped across jagged glass on the ground. He bent over and picked it up. It was a movie case, from back when DVD players were widely used - ancient history by that point. He could barely make out the scratched words and picture on the front: "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic".
He recognized at least the first three words. My Little Pony had been a common name for toys and a TV show series in the days of the Old World, and as an archeologist, he was good with history. What surprised him, though, was that when he opened the case, the DVD inside seemed to be completely unscathed by the carnage around it. He placed the case with the DVD inside it in a rucksack, and went back to searching.
----------
He couldn't believe he was doing this. He was sitting in his spacious excavation vehicle 200 feet in the air, with an old DVD-playing television set in front of him. He slipped the DVD into the set, and leaned back.
"My Little Pony, My Little Pony, ah-ah-ah-aaahhh..." came the theme song. Coreth frowned, unimpressed as of yet. "I used to wonder what friendship could be..."
----------
Coreth looked up from the television as his communicator buzzed beside him. He noticed that the call was from his boss Randol Lycerius, the head excavator of the region. The region was large, to say the least, which was why this call was coming from the city of Philadelphia. He pressed a button on the communicator lazily, letting Randol's voice carry into the vehicle.
"Coreth, you are two hours late to return to your vehicle," Randol said. "Are you trapped or injured?"
"Huh? No, sir, I'm in my vehicle now," Coreth answered. He facepalmed. "Oh, my, I forgot to report to you. I apologize, sir. I've been busy... going over... my findings..."
"A Sonic Rainboom!" came Pinkie's voice through the television set.
"Coreth, what is that infernal squeaking noise?" Randol asked.
"The best pony," Coreth answered, grinning even though Randol could not see it.
"What?"