• Published 17th Nov 2012
  • 833 Views, 19 Comments

The Element of Balance - Sonic Boom

  • ...
27
 19
 833

Ch.04: Another satisfied customer

Chapter 4

Another satisfied customer

01:28 p.m.

Carousel Boutique

After the fiasco at Sugarcube Corner, along with lunch with nothing but cakes and pastries (paid by Applejack of course), and explaining to Pinkie Pie how he arrived to Equestria (along with how he got those bandages), followed by a goodbye, Applejack led Sonic to a colorful Boutique of some sort.

"This here's the Carousel Boutique, one of the best dang dress shops in Ponyville. Another one of mah friends lives here, too." Applejack. As they were walking in, Sonic noticed the owner went all out for the decorations.

Once they entered, no pony was in sight. The main room was completely empty and silent.

"She must be upstairs, making' a new dress." Applejack. Sonic started walking towards the stairs, but was stopped by Applejack.

"Whoa. Hold on there, partner. She's busy. We shouldn't disturb her. Let's come back later after she's done." Applejack.

"Come on. I'm sure she won't mind." Sonic. He continued going up with Applejack following behind him.

They reached Rarity's bedroom door. Applejack reached out her hoof to knock on the door, but Sonic already opened it and walked in. Applejack followed, annoyed by the sapphire blue alicorn's uncaringness. Once they were inside the room, they noticed the entire room was a mess. Fabric, rulers, tape, scissors, pins, everything sewing-related everywhere.

Rarity was in the was cutting a piece of fabric while putting it on a pony mannequin. She seemed to be totally focused on her important work, and that she needed complete silence and full concentration to finish-

Sonic stuck out one of his hooves and reached for the unicorn, but before he could poke her to get her attention, she put everything down and turned around rapidly. "Is there something...you...need?" She left her mouth open as she gazed upon the alicorn. She was surprised to see a pony with two tails, because such a creature never existed.

"Uh...hi. I'm Sonic. Sonic Boom." Sonic.

Rarity continued to stare at Sonic, until Applejack broke it up. "Rarity, he's just an alicorn wrapped in bandages and is new in town. It doesn't mean that he's dangerous. And no, he is not related to the princess." Applejack.

"Oh, right, sorry. Where are my manners? My name is Rarity, owner of the Carousel Boutique." Rarity, snapping out of her trance.

"Nice to meet you, Rarity." Sonic.

Rarity looked at Sonic's two tails and then, all of a sudden, gasped and her eyes widened. "Idea!" Rarity. She trotted over to her sewing machine and pulled out some fabric, but before she could start, however, she asked Applejack and Sonic to go downstairs and wait until she was done. Confused, they nodded and did so.

5 min. later...

"And that's how Apple Cider is made." Applejack.

"Huh. I never knew that." Sonic.

Right after the two have finished their conversation, Rarity came down with a hooded black and white cloak. "This is for you." Rarity, as she was handing the cloak to Sonic. He was impressed, because not only was it designed for his stature, but also because it was designed to be worn inside-out and vice versa. He put it on with the white side facing outwards.

"Well, what do you think?" Rarity.

"It's perfect, but I can't pay for it. I don't have any money." Sonic.

"Nonsense, darling. It's free of charge for such a marvelous looking alicorn." Rarity, until she heard his other sentence. "Wait, you don't have any bits?!"

"Nope." Sonic.

Rarity galloped back up into her room. After a minute, she came back down with a small brown sack filled with bits in it. The sack had a picture of a shiny green emerald on it.

"Here you are. 100 bits for your shopping pleasure." Rarity, as she gave the sack over to Sonic.

"Thanks. I appreciate it." Sonic.

"My pleasure. By the way, how did you and Applejack meet?" Rarity.

"Well...it's a long story." Sonic.

"I've got some time to spare. Please tell me everything." Rarity.

"Okay, here's how it went..." Applejack.

Author's Note:

This was a fun and easy chapter to do.