• Published 25th Oct 2012
  • 15,286 Views, 902 Comments

The Love of a Dragon - Racko



Spike disappears after being heartbroken, but what does he leave behind?

  • ...
55
 902
 15,286

Here be Dragons

Author's Note:

And now for your viewing pleasure, (or displeasure) is the next wall of text!
I tried breaking it down, but the flow of the story would have been shot in the foot if I drew it out like I originally planned. And would take forever to write, along with tons of fluff.
Please comment any questions or concerns, and let me know of mistakes (or ideas, those are welcome, too)

A pair of lavender bodies lay cuddling on the floor of the library as the sun slowly crept over the horizon, sending a bright beam of light across the figures, catching one in the eye.

“Fivemoreminutes, mum.” The figure grumbled, rolling away from the offending brightness. Suddenly, a rather loud series of knocking erupted from the door, causing both of them to jump up. “I wonder who could be here this early?” Spike asked, looking towards a disheveled Twilight, who was wiping drool away.

“The only one I could think of…” Twilight trailed off before gasping. “Oh no! Princess Celestia sent over guards to pick us up, remember? We’re tardy!!!” She frantically started to run around everywhere before being stopped by a purple claw grabbing her muzzle.

“Calm down, Twilight, I’ll go tell them to give us a minute. It’s not like the world is coming to an end, right?” he chuckled and walked over to the door, stretching. He opened the door to reveal a Pegasus stallion in armor standing at attention.

“Sir Spike, are you and Miss Twilight Sparkle ready to depart?” he asked, staring straight ahead.

“Uh, five more minutes?” Spike suggested sheepily with a yawn. “We are just waking up.”

“You have two minutes before we leave. You may prepare yourselves on the carriage.” The guard gave Spike a rather unamused glare before returning to the carriage and his partner.

Spike turned back inside and found a unicorn pacing a groove in the floor of the library and walked to her side. He placed a claw on her back that brought a pause to her mumblings and pacing. “We got two minutes, Twi. Let’s get ready.”

“Two minutes! We are already tardy, Spike!” she huffed, glaring at him.

“Yea, well I don’t know about you, but I don’t feel like traveling to Canterlot before using the restroom.” He suggested walking towards the stairs before a blur sped past him and into the bathroom. He shook his head and chuckled to himself. “You need to stop worrying so much, Twi. You forget to respond to your own body, sometimes.”


The carriage flew over the city of Canterlot, with Twilight glaring at Spike. “It’s not like the world is coming to an end, right?” she mocked. “Then what is that?” She pointed a hoof at the castle.

“Uh, just a coincidence? I’m sure it’s normal to have a shield over the castle when the Princess calls us here. A rather large, ominous, wicked looking shield.” Spike gulped, trying to look at anything other than the pony in the carriage with him. “And I’m sure it’s normal to have half the Guard surrounding said shield. Yea, everything is normal.”

The carriage landed outside a gate and the pair stepped out, quickly to be surrounded by a platoon of guards, which led them to the gate. “Ah, finally, Miss Twilight Sparkle and Sir Spike Solaris. Please, continue on the path and wait by the shield,” commanded a lieutenant, opening the gate. “There will be a guard meeting you to take you inside.”

“Uh, thanks.” Spike said, leading the pair of them through the deserted courtyard. “I wonder where everypony is, and what is going on.” The approached the shield, watching the colors swirl around, the air seeming to get heavier with each step. They paused a few steps away from the crackling barrier and stopped, Spike rubbing his scales with an uncomfortable look on his face. “This thing is crazy. I can practically feel the energy coming off of it. Feels like it’s trying to rip my scales right off.”

“You’re telling me, Spike.” Twilight groaned, rubbing her forehead. “It feels like my horn is trying to push itself into my head. I hope this guard hurries up.” They wait a couple long, agonizing minutes before Twilight stomped over to the shield. “Ugh, what is taking so long?! I’m sure I can get us past this shield, Spike.” She reached out a hoof to touch the shield, but nearly jumped out of her skin as a voice shouted behind them.

“I wouldn’t do that, if I were you, Miss Sparkle,” Called a stallion walking up to them, keeping in the shadow of the castle.

“And why is that?” Twilight asked, before watching the stranger pick up a rock in his magic before hurling it at the barrier. Upon impact, the rock exploded violently, shards flying everywhere as they turned to dust. Colors swirled tightly around where the rock hit, sending out small rainbow hued lightning for a moment. Twilight stood there in shock, while Spike ran over to the stallion and glared at him.

“Alright, who are you?” he snorted, circling the pony, who calmly walked out into the sunlight. “I don’t remember seeing you in the guard. I think I would recall a mint green unicorn.”

“Not all guards are born white, grey, or black, Mister Spike. There is an enchantment on every guardponies’ armor to disguise their coats. Makes it more difficult for an enemy to pick out a certain pony, as well as providing some anonymity from the general populace.” The stallion walked towards the still Twilight and stopped in front of her. “As for why you never seen me, I am a member of the Lunar Guard, and rarely come out during the day.”

“But where is your armor?” Twilight finally asked, shaking her head. “I thought all guards on duty under rank of Captain are required to wear it while on duty?”

“Your knowledge is good on ranks and regulations, Miss Sparkle, no doubt from your brother. We must hurry, the Princesses are expecting us.” His horn glowed, encasing the pair in a faint green aura, causing both of them to shudder as the spell washed over them. As the guard cut off the spell, he walked towards the shield and pushed into it, going right through. Spike and Twilight looked at each other before chasing after the strange stallion.

“Wait, you never answered my question,” huffed Twilight as she trotted next to him. “And why have I never heard of that spell before? And why didn’t my brother, Shining Armor, use that at his wedding?”

“Celestia did not prepare me for this,” the stallion grumbled before looking at the curious mare. “Your brother doesn’t know the spell, and he won’t be able to learn it for another few years.”

“But how do you know it? You look like you are younger than me.” Twilight questioned. “Besides, Shining Armors special talent is shields.”

“While I thank you for the compliment, miss, if you interrupt me, I will never be able to answer.” The guard frowned as they continued down the barren halls of the castle. “My special talent is also in shields. It takes years of training to use it. It takes multiple ponies working together to conjure the shield, and constantly drains them of energy. You have never heard of it because it was purposely kept from history texts. Only a select few of the guard even know about it.”

“Ok, but why wasn’t it used during the changeling invasion? It really could have stopped a lot of things from happening.” Spike chuckled at Twilights eagerness to learn of something new.

“There is no way for it to have been used practically.” Spike watched the stallion, taking in his features as they walked. The stallion had a dark blue mane and tail with light blue streaks going throughout, and both were cut short. They walked into the great hall and towards the thrones “Not enough ponies know the spell to allow others access through the shield. The shield also puts too much strain on the users to maintain it for a long time. It took both of the Princesses, Starswirl the Bearded, Clover the Clever, Colonel Sunbeam, mages Neon Light and Amethyst Star, and a hoof full of other strong unicorns to maintain it for 86 hours during the Jormungand-Pony war.”

“Only three and a half days?!” Twilight gasped, following the stallion around the thrones where they paused next to the wall. “Those were all some of the strongest unicorns in Equestrian history, and they only kept it for three and a half days?! How exactly do you know all of this? And why isn’t there any mention of it at all?”

“Enough questions Miss Sparkle." The stallion grunted and turned, letting Spike catch a glimpse of his cutie mark, which consisted of a shield surrounded by stars, with a crescent moon in the center. “Now, if you will please place your horn in the hole in front of you, and channel your magic into it,” he motioned for a small indent in the wall before standing in front of a strange stone. Twilight gave him a questioning look before touching the indentation with her horn, and gasped as it pulled her horn in until her head was touching the wall. “Spike, if you will come over here and push against this stone,” he pointed to the strange stone in the wall.

Spike walked over to where the stallion indicated, and placed his claws on the stone, which resembled an eclipse to the young dragon. He turned and watched as the guard continued along the wall, before sinking his horn into the wall, just as Twilight had. “Now, as soon as the wall starts glowing, both of you need to push into the wall.” He commanded before channeling his magic into the wall, causing it to vibrate lightly, sending a humming sound into the wall.

The wall soon started to glow a bright white, and the three of them pushed against the wall, which slowly slid across the floor. They groaned as it crept along, moving it a couple feet before it disappeared completely, sending the lavender unicorn and dragon tumbling comically into a heap on the floor. The guard trotted past them down the torch-lit hallway. Twilight grunted and charged after him. “Hay, that was uncalled for, you could have given us a warning!”

Spike looked behind them and seen the wall back in its original place, and took off after the unicorns. Twilight was nearly yelling into the guards face.

“Where is Princess Celestia?! Are you ignoring me?”

“Yea, where are the Princesses?” Spike asked as well.

“Princess Celestia is dealing with a small… problem... You will see Luna in a few moments.” The stallion said nonchalantly.

“Who the hay are you, mister?” Spike growled, coming up beside him.

“I am a General of the Lunar Guard.” He grumbled quietly, almost as if not wanting to reveal it.

“Wait, that’s not possible. The last recorded Lunar General was back during the Pony Civil War, when Princess Luna turned into Nightmare Moon and got banished!” Twilight said, running in front of the guard and stopping. “I demand to know who you are!” He continued along, ignoring the frustrated mare. “Hey, don’t ignore me! I’m good friends with both Princesses!”

“What is your name, ‘General’?” Spike asked, glaring daggers into the stallion.

“My name, Spike,” he called, coming to a door covered in insignias of the Pony Sisters. “Is Moonlit Knight. Or Moonlight, for short.” He ignored a gasp from his fellow unicorn and pushed the double doors open and trotted into the room. Twilight and Spike soon followed, taking in the look of the large room they were in. Gems of all colors, shapes, and sizes lined the walls, gold and silver swirled together on the floor and ceiling. What was at the center of the room, caused Twilight to gasp and pull Spike close to her.

“Be careful, Spike.” She turned to the stallion, who just stood there watching, and yelled. “What do you think you are doing?! That dragon attacked our friends!”

“This dragon will cause no harm to any of us. Besides, Spike there doesn’t seem to be bothered much by it.” He pointed a hoof towards thetransfixed young dragon, who was slowly making his way towards the giant midnight blue dragon, letting out a low growl.

“Spike, come back here! That dragon is dangerous!” Twilight called, jumping after him before being placed in a mint green bubble. “Hey! Let me go!”

“Twilight Sparkle, calm yourself!” A new voice called out, one that Twilight recognized instantly. She watched as Princess Celestia flew across the room from another door and landed next to the stallion. “There is nothing to work yourself up about.”

“But-“

“Just watch, dear Twilight,” the Princess said, standing aside to let Twilight have a view of the dragon. It lay with its light blue underbelly facing them, cerulean eyes watching a growling Spike as he sniffed one of its outstretched claws. Twilight gasped as Spikes tongue slipped briefly across one of them before he cantered to the head of the dragon, maintaining eye contact with the larger being.

“But, what is going on?” Twilight muttered, confused. “The last time I seen that dragon, it was attacking us.”

“It’s just a small family reunion, Twilight.” Celestia smiled as Spike brushed his head against the snout of the larger dragon, almost like a kitten.

“Family?!” Twilight gasped. “You mean to tell me that monster is Spikes’ family?!”

“Sister, to be more precise. And do you really think that a monster would do this?” She motioned to Spike crawling along the side of the dragon, sniffing curiously, growling back and forth with the larger dragon. Twilight’s mouth dropped open as Spike dropped down and curled into the underbelly of the large dragoness, and groaned as it curled around the smaller dragon.

“But Princess, that dragon attacked us? What is going on?” Twilight questioned, her mouth working up and down, not noticing the bubble disappear around her.

“It was never her intentions to hurt you, or your friends, dear Twilight, other than perhaps a few small cuts and bruises.” The solar diarch turned back towards Twilight, an almost apologetic look on her face.

“Could have fooled me,” Twilight snorted. “She knocked Fluttershy out cold and nearly ripped off Rainbow Dash’s wings!”

“I’m sorry you feel that way, Twilight Sparkle.” The dragoness said quietly, turning its gaze towards the pair as Moonlight moved next to it. “It really never was our intention to cause serious harm.”

“I really have a hard time believing that!” Twilight retorted as Celestia draped a wing across her back. “And there is no way that Spike could be related to a beast like you!”

“I thought we were better friends than that, Twilight.” The dragoness frowned.

“Friends? I don’t even know you!” the lavender mare shouted. “Why would I want to be your friend?!”

Princess Celestia brought up a white hoof to silence the fuming unicorn before turning back to the dragoness. “Enough with the games, Luna.”

“Luna? Princess Luna is here? Where?” Twilight asked, looking around frantically.

The blue dragoness unwrapped itself from a snoring Spike, before taking a step towards them, covering itself with its dark blue flames. Twilight squinted and watched as the dragon shrank in size, moving towards them. The flames slowly died as the figure within got a few steps in front of Twilight and Celestia and paused, slowly shrinking in size. The stallion walked next to the dying flames, unafraid of being burnt. Twilight gasped as a midnight blue hoof poked out of the flames and landed on the stallions back as if to steady itself. “I am right here, Twilight Sparkle,” the figure called weakly, as the flames died completely, revealing the Princess of the Night.

“B- b- b- bu- bu- bu-“ Twilight stuttered unintelligibly.

“I think you broke her, Princess.” The stallion chuckled as the midnight blue Alicorn leaned against him.

“Yes, it would appear so, Moonlight.” Celestia said, walking over to join the two. “You look especially tired, Luna.”

“Yes, transforming is always tiring, Tia.” Luna said, putting full weight on her own hooves. “It doesn’t help that the shield takes so much energy.”

“Yes, we should get rid of it.” Celestia agreed, lowering her head down and powering her horn. The horns of the two alicorns and the stallion met, each glowing as they sent up a multicolored beam through the roof. As they released the spell, they all let out a sigh of content.

“What ?” Twilight finally managed to sputter. “I don’t understand. How? Why? What took so long for you to get here, Princess?” She looked at Celestia, confusion painted across her muzzle.

Before she had time to answer, another voice came into the room. “She had to deal with me, Twilight.” All heads turned up to watch a draconequus floating down from the ceiling. “I just simply had to make this more difficult on Celestia.” He landed in front of them with a smile.

“Why are you here, Discord?” Twilight groaned.

“Because I actually know more of what is going to be happening soon than these three.” He said seriously, pointing a claw at the Princesses and Moonlight. “I just love how this is going! Though I will let them start off this weird sideshow before butting in.” The god of chaos stated, summoning a couch and a vat of popcorn.

Twilight looked back at them, shooting them a questioning look. Princess Celestia sighed and stepped forward. “Luna wasn’t born a pony. She was hatched from an egg, as a dragon, much the same way Spike was.”

“You mean that crazy dream I had last night, about you hatching a dragon, was real? And that dragon was Princess Luna?”

“Yes, Twilight, it was real, and I went through a lot of emotional pain to get to where I am, a tale that is not for this time. For now, I must tend to this little one,” Luna sighed, grasping Spike in her magic and levitating him onto her back with a yawn. “If you excuse us, we shall take our leave,” the Lunar Princess nuzzled Moonlight before slowly making her way out of the room, leaving three ponies and a draconequus to discuss everything.

“What is going on, Princess Celestia?” Twilight looked at her mentor, confused.

"Oh, nothing at all, sparklebutt," Discord chimed in. "Just a millennia long family reunion of shape shifting dragons with the power to destroy and create planets, stars, and other celestial bodies, and a super powerful being, who also happens to be my brother, is on his way throughout the universe to find and corrupt said family to destroy the entire universe, much like I corrupted moonbutt to become Nightmare Moon, though that turned out to be short lived. Though from all of this, all that you and our audience reading this will take out of it is all the kinky, hot, steamy, incestuous coitus that could be involved with a pair of shape shifting siblings."

A moment of silence passed before three voices called out in unison "What?" Before Moonlight charged his horn, preparing to fire at Discord.

"Ah-ah, can't ever have fun, can you, moonbutt-kisser?" Discord turned into a cloud of smoke and creeped through the air. "How many centuries are you going to try and zap me, with no luck?"

"As long as it takes until I don't have to deal with your horseapples, Discord," he grumbled before unleashing a torrent of air, pushing out the cloud of Discord.

"What did he mean about centuries? And why do you have the same name as the General of the Lunar Guard from the pony civil war?" Twilight walked up to the stallion, looking him over like a science experiment.

"Because he is the same pony, and was around before that. He isn't immortal like you may be thinking, Twilight, but he can live longer than most ponies and has the ability to come back as a little colt, a gift from my sister." Celestia walked between the two and rested her wings over both of them. "Sometimes he recalls his memories right away, and sometimes it takes years, but always eventually ends up back in the guard, and Luna always frets about him. It is the most adorable thing ever, considering the circumstances. Now, come, we have matters to discuss about what Discord said."


Princess Luna looked at the young dragon sleeping on her bed. She remembered spending years watching over his egg, waiting for it to be hatched, so she could spend time with her own kind, her own brother. But she had missed his hatching, missed him growing up and going through emotional anguish and loneliness. The same torture she went through for years.

As she crawled onto the bed next to the slumbering whelp, she made a promise that she wouldn't let him go through everything she went through. She curled her body around Spike, smiling to herself that she was finally united with the one she waited so long to have a part of her life.


Two unicorns and an alicorn sat around a table, staring at the teacups in front of them. Twilight was frowning at all the information she had just learned. Ancient feuds, a semi-immortal pony, and a pair of dragons that could wipe out everything. It was like trying to understand Pinkie Pie all over again.

"So you are saying that the whole world could be in danger because of this being that Discord claims is heading this way?" Twilight asked again, still in disbelief.

"Yes Twilight, and I believe he is telling the truth. There was a war between the first dragon clans, galaxies away from Equestria, most of it over before I was even born. There were still a hoof-full of dragons that were still battling against the darkness, but were slowly losing. They had destroyed most of the known universe at the time, creating black holes and exploding countless stars." Celestia frowned at the memory, before continuing. "A few decades after I was born, when I was still a filly, a few of the last honorable dragons approached us with the only remaining eggs from the first dragons."

Twilight quickly jumped in, interrupting the Princess. "But Princess, wouldn't those eggs have hatched if the original dragons died millenia prior?"

"Normal dragon eggs would have, yes. After the first dragons breathed their fire of life into the universe, they used the remainder of their souls to lay a few dozen eggs, some of them hatching instantly. With their dying breath, the told the young dragons to watch over the universe as it grew, and to protect the eggs until they were ready to hatch, and said the eggs would never hatch before the time was right. We never understood what they meant, originally." Celestia took a sip of tea and looked out the window for a long while before looking back at Twilight, pain clear in her eyes. "Shortly after we received the eggs and the dragons explained a little bit to us, we were attacked. The dragons took off, and most of the fight followed them, but our city was nearly in ruins. It was quiet after that for seven years, until I hatched Luna. We were under siege from some of the evil dragons afterwards, and mother took Luna and I to some distant planet, where she raised us for years among a few dozen other ponies."

"I'm sorry to interrupt, Celestia, but you are wandering off topic a little, yes?" The mint green unicorn yawned. "We need to know exactly what we are up against."

"Hey, how can you interrupt the Princess like that and be so casual?" Twilight grunted, agitated.

"Because he can, and does have a point. I will continue my story another time, when it is appropriate. For now, about this monster Discord described. He told me that his first memory was ruling over Equestria, anticipating us for over a hundred years, and then spent that entire time corrupting Luna. It was something he did or said to Luna before we used the Elements of Harmony to stop him that caused Luna's transition into Nightmare Moon."

"But if you used the Elements to stop Discord, couldn't we use them again?"

"The elements didn't even truly stop Discord, they just slowed him down. It would be the equivalent of being in a pool of molasses and trying to move. And according to Discord, the monster heading this way now is much, much worse."

"How could anything be worse than that insufferable lunatic?" Moonlight grumbled.

Silence dominated the room for moments before Celestia whispered. "He was one of the strongest in the dragon war, and destroys galaxies for fun," she frowned before looking at the stallion. "Moonlit Knight, at attention, I have orders for you."

The stallion almost instantly shot up to attention, his forehoof coming up in salute at the same time armor that was nearly black with blue accents covered most of his body, the visible fur now a dark grey, with bat-like wings protruding from his sides. "Yes, ma'am!"

Twilight gasped at the change, noticing the crescent moon amulet on his neck now glowed.

"You are to stay with Twilight for the next fortnight and teach her everything you can about defensive spells, and answer any reasonable question she asks, understood?"

"Yes ma'am!" He responded firmly, not moving. Moments later, light snoring could be heard, causing the two mares to giggle.

"He used to do that all the time to Luna. He would be awake for days trying to woo her and complete his guard duties. She or I would give him an order, and he would just keep standing there, asleep."

"So, do we bring him to a room then?" Twilight snickered.

"We will, but first we have something else to do," she said deviousl, magicking a pair of markers, levitating one to Twilight. "We take advantage of this opportunity, and draw silly stuff all over him and his armor," she giggled like a school filly.

"Princess!"

"What? It makes up for him adding dye to my bubble baths."


"Awe, why do I always miss the fun?"

"What's wrong, Discord?"

"Celestia always pranks an annoying guard, and I'm never around."

"Well, you could go, if you wanted, I wouldn't mind."

"Pranking him doesn't compare to spending time with you, dear Fluttershy. I can prank him anytime I want."

Comments ( 30 )

Congratulations you have successfully broken Dark Thunder 144's brain with all of these plot twist.
Current state- :applejackconfused::rainbowderp::pinkiegasp:

I...wha...who...how...:derpyderp1::derpyderp2: -Jurai_1990.exe. has stopped working, please call a representative-

Wow, big plot twist... Wasn't expecting this... Not going to state opinion...

Wow... Did not see that coming.

I remember this fic being about some drama with Twilight and Rarity at first and how I loved the fact that they were having their faults regarding Spike called out. Then it went on to involve Celestia and I loved it even more. Now there's space dragons bent on destroying everything cause reasons. Just a touch of whiplash. Now my perception of all this is probably more on my end but I just can't shake the feeling this all came out of nowhere.

Whoa Racko pulling a Harmony/Sentinel on your readers... It usually helps to give them a hint that the ground beneath them can give way ala Salt Flats

Is this fic the same one that I was reading a few chapters ago? Just feels a bit odd that it went from a fic about Spike's mistreatment to freting over some galactic issue.

6258157
6258306
6258422
6258607
6258897
6258695
Sad thing is, I alluded to the part about Luna waaay back when Spike came back.. As for Mr big bad bad guy, if you think about the end of chapters, it makes sense. But not really, because it still doesn't add up.

Now, I just need to hurry up and get the next chapter to draw this new twist into relevance...

There will be more interaction next time around, and it will all make a lot more sense. Unless I lost everyone already...:moustache::trollestia:


6258607
6258897

I know, I know... It will come back to it, and some of it will make more sense. This would be similar to the first episode, when Celestia wants Twilight to do certain things, but this is the direct "we have danger coming, we need to be ready" approach. Just hope it doesn't take me very long to write the next chapter to bring some clarity.


6258695
Sad thing is... The whole Luna actually being a dragon and related to Spike has been there since the beginning. 2 years before you even joined the site..:trollestia: Though you actually got your out in the open earlier..:facehoof:

I really hope Spike stays with Ditzy Doo and doesn't go back to Rarity.

6258934 I suppose you have a point. Still, how Spike is treated in the early show was always a sore spot for me, hence why I like fics that call on that.

6258995 same here. It's still going to be a major part of the story, don't worry :twilightsmile:

6259086 Only 190? Well, okay. Anyone who hasn't read this far yet, continue at your own risk of spoilers.

Spike has already been gone for three years at the start of the story, having developed a fair bit of hate towards most ponies apparently racist treatment after Rarity did something to him in Canterlot. A pony named Obsidian showed up in Ponyville who strangely has vague details about himself, and the mane six welcome him.
Shortly after that 'Dragonshy' happened again, and trying to get it to leave somehow made Obsidian reveal himself as Spike, having grown up a bit, but no less hateful, seemingly moreso at how nicely they treated him because he was a pony.
He treads around Ponyville for a while, some of the ponies willing to give him some friendly treatment which he's a bit more receptive to. He also hooks up with Derpy (or Dinky) whatever you prefer. After taking some of his repressed anger out on Celestia, he calms down a little and makes an attempt at making up with some of his former friends (some more successfully than others).
Shortly after some understandings with Twilight, he was called up with her to Canterlot, where it's somehow revealed that Luna is actually his sister (and was the dragon used in the above incident), and that some threat on a galactic level is approaching. And that wraps up everything till 'Here Be Dragons'.

Did I miss anything? That was all of the top of my head.

I don't even know what I'm reading :applejackunsure:

Its been so long that I had to remember what this was about but when I did and was happy to continue reading..... 'BOOM' SEMI TRUCK FROM NOWHERE so I don't even know how we got a galactic war and some oc who apparently is fucking Luna......I'm just lost I might just have to let this play out for a few chapters before reading again :applejackunsure:

...And now my mind has just crashed!

6259243 and now we have our next episode of The Love of a Dragon: Abridged! :trollestia:

6259507 honestly, that is a good idea.. Things should start making sense in another couple chapters, but right now, even I admit, its a train wreck...

Wow!:derpytongue2:
Please continue!:moustache:

The fuck is going on right now? I don't remember this shit at all?

6259243 Thanks man, now I remember, up until the Luna sister and galactic war thing. Gonna have to reread those parts, where ever they are.

Not a bad makeup chapter, though the problem with reveals like this all of that info... dump on the audience. It only leads to more and more questions left unanswered really. :applecry:

6435851
Yes, though I planned on having the next chapter out right after this one, but... Life...

The next few chapters are going to be mellow and heartfelt, and explain the situation better. If I can get them done...

While I've read this story somewhat in its entirety, there are a few chapters I haven't read at all (mainly the first two or three, at least before the part with Spike regaining his old form, dunno why). Since I can't really comment on the story other than it's a whirlwind of emotions and craziness (and at times grammatical/tense errors, but I assume English isn't your first language? And/or you've improved since then) in the way a "Spike feels ignored" story would go, with some romance on the side, this chapter does something that another chapter already did, if you forgot? :facehoof: As looking over the chapters I did skim read again just now, I noticed Celestia had already told Twilight in chapter 6 (or 5, if you don't count the prologue) about Luna being the dragon before this chapter and it was her intent to have Spike go back to his old form on a hunch that Obsidian was him. Again, if you forgot? Though I doubt you can change that to something else in this one or add that Twilight forgot that maybe (though dunno how that'd be the case), maybe you can fix or remove that in the older chapter perhaps.

And Discord popping up outta nowhere was... random, but your call, even if this story was started before his reformation in canon. Sorry I have nothing else to say, but dunno if you knew this or not. :twilightsheepish: Though I wonder if Twilight will be able to tell her friends what happened, since dunno if you also forgot about Twilight inviting them before to a chat with Spike to talk things out, before this change in plans with the dragon threat coming sooner. Anyway, keep up the good work if my review doesn't make you question how you're doing things now. :pinkiecrazy:

6487653
Well, I'm not sure where you got Celestia telling Twilight about Luna.. There was a part about Luna dragging Tia out of bed. The closest we had to letting them know was when Spike turned back into a dragon. He instinctively knew who the dragon had been and told her to stop attacking his friends.

As far as Discord being random, he is rather random. I had plans to have him as a good guy since a couple chapters in, and I also had plans dealing with Twilight before it became canon in a way....

English is my first language, I just never actually wrote before this story. A lot of inconsistencies and some of the craziness I have to contribute to having a few unfortunate hiatuses.. As far as other mistakes, I only had an actual editor for a couple chapters in the mix. I started without an editor, and the past few chapters have been without an editor.

I didn't forget about their plans. I also remember about Derpy and that a chat with Cadance that is supposed to happen. I also remember I have to get Peewee into the story again.

Thanks for the feedback!:twilightsheepish:

6487961

As looking over the chapters I did skim read again just now, I noticed Celestia had already told Twilight in chapter 6 (or 5, if you don't count the prologue) about Luna being the dragon before this chapter

As I SAID, back in chapter 5/6 based on how you count them (the site calls it chapter 6 though), if you need a summary: Celestia was in Twilight's library after being kicked out of her room and talked with her about Spike, then it cut off for a bit with Spike talking with Pinkie and Fluttershy, then there was another part with Twilight implying having heard about all this during the change in perspective, after asking how Celestia knew Spike was back in Ponyville. Look back in that chapter if you still don't recall?

I figured you would've looked at least, if not remembered what I said... I mean, you don't have to do anything at all and can ignore this if you wish. But I dunno if I'm the first to notice or someone else along the way may've noticed this and not said something from this latest chapter to be nice, despite that part now being unnecessary here from being already told to Twilight (sans the part about Luna being Spike's sister somehow, I think). Although I did say she could've forgot it (but more likely you did? :pinkiecrazy: Given that I did notice your times between chapters, but said nothing to be nice) as an excuse of not remembering. And/or can delete these comments so no one else says anything about it, despite me just trying to be of help? :twilightblush: Despite me not having followed this story or read it entirely, per se, even since my comment earlier so I probably don't have the right to point things out that're kinda big. It's your call, though; sorry for the trouble. :fluttershbad:

Also, I didn't mean the way he APPEARED in the scene itself was random, but his appearance suddenly in the story itself? Even if this is Alternate Universe, I just re-noticed and 3 years had passed since the story started, if certain events still more or less played out as in canon without Spike around, such as Discord being reformed. Just saying, but it was your call.

6488239
Ok, I just went and looked over that chapter. I didn't have a moment to earlier. I honestly forgot about Twilight being told, and did mention the part about being his sister... I chalk that up to being away for over two years and going through a few rather drastic life changing events.:pinkiesick::twilightoops::unsuresweetie:

Thank you greatly for pointing that out!!:duck:

6488323
Heh, you're welcome? :twilightblush: Yeah, I did notice you started this 3 years ago, but I hope that pointing it out doesn't make you struggle maybe to replace one of those scenes with something else, if you do? Changing said scene in one of the chapters, if not the earlier one, since the one here was kind of cute with how Luna and Spike acted, I'll admit. :yay: And it was less descriptive in the earlier chapter perhaps, even if that was to be explained from it being during the other scenes. But it is your call, ultimately. Keep up the good work, when you get some time to work on this with the looming "family" battle later on and other stuff occurring within.

What the heck? I'm going to have to go back and reread some stuff. It's been far to long.

On the other hand though, this was a really interesting turn of events.



~ Super-Brony12

is this story about spike and main 6 or about some OC and them?

8829681

Considering the OC basically shows up out of nowhere, I'm going to assume the twist will turn out that the "OC" is actually Spike in pony form.

But given that the story was last updated four years ago, we might never get the answer. :(

Then again, I haven't read the story yet, so it probably was already revealed?

Login or register to comment