• Published 2nd Jan 2012
  • 9,076 Views, 931 Comments

A Shadow Brought to Light - k12314



A young stallion, named Shadow Weaver, ha never led a good life. At least, not until SHE came along.

  • ...
23
 931
 9,076

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8: First Date

CHAPTER 8

We just stood there for a moment, staring at each other. Pinkie opened her mouth to say something, but no words came out. I decided to speak up instead.


"Er... You go first."


She shook her head. "No, you go first... Is that for me?" She pointed to the bag I had.


"Yeah... Listen, Pinkie... I... Oh jeez, how do I say this..." I rubbed the back of my head.


"Yeeeeees?" She gave me a big grin and moved a bit closer.


"Well... Great. I guess she knows what I'm gonna say, so I may as well say it..."


"Well... You know that date you offered?" I raised an eyebrow.


"Yep!" She jumped when she said that.


"Well... I've decided to reconsider-" I couldn't finish on account that Pinkie had launched herself at me and was now hugging me REALLY tightly.


"YIPPEE! NowyouandIcanbecoltfriendandmarefriendandwecangooutandhavefunandmakekissyfaceand..." I felt my eyes bulging out of my skull. She kept squeezing me harder and harder every second.


"Pinkie... Vision... Fading... Body not... Getting proper amounts of oxygen...!"


She let go, and blushed a little. "Oopsies... So, what d'ya wanna do now?" She waggled her eyebrows at me. I groaned and rolled my eyes.


"Sheesh, is fun all you can think about, Pinkie?"


"Yep!" She gave me another toothy smile.


"Hm... So, when you asked me out, did YOU have anywhere in mind?"


She put her hoof on her chin, and scrunched her face up, thinking hard. "Hmm... How about we go swimming? I know where a nice pond is out in Whitetail Wood."


"Alright. Then we'll go swimming. But can we do it tomorrow? I'm tired..." I stretched and yawned.


"Okie-Dokie-Lokie! I'll see you in the morning, sleepyhead!" She bounced off into another room, and I headed upstairs.


"Time for some well deserved shut-eye..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Third Person)


Pinkie hopped around in the kitchen, putting everything away, munching on the cupcakes Shadow had given her. Then she looked at the cake she had made.


"Oops! I forgot to show him! Oh well, I'll just do it later!" She put the cake in the refrigerator and skipped upstairs, humming to herself. Right before she went into her room, she looked towards the stairs leading up to the attic.


"Maybe I could check up on him..."


She headed up the stairs, and expected Shadow to still be trying to go to sleep, but instead he was laying there, sleeping peacefully. He was tucked under the covers up to the underside of his nose. Pinkie smiled. "How cute... I wonder if I should... I doubt he'd mind!"


She crawled into the bed next to him, and wrapped her hooves around him. She blushed deeply, but eventually drifted off to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(First Person)


"Hrmmm..." I rubbed my eyes, and slowly began to wake up.


"Why do I feel so warm?" I tried to roll out of bed, but something stopped me. I looked down at my chest, and saw two pink hooves wrapped around me.


"Wait..."


"Shadow... Don't be sad..." Pinkie was talking in her sleep, dreaming about me. I started to feel VERY uncomfortable. I tried to pull her hooves off of me, but she just tightened her grip. "Don't leave me..."


"Wow, she really cares about me..." I just sat there for a few minutes, letting the moment continue. I eventually heard her yawn, and she pulled her hooves away from me and rubbed her eyes. "D'awww..."


She eventually stopped rubbing and then opened her eyes, and just looked at me for a second. Then she blushed deeply and hopped out of the bed. "Oh! Um, you see, I- Well I mean you- I just-"


"Pinkie, it's alright... You didn't try anything, so I'm fine with it. I've gotten used to your randomness." I smiled and she smiled back.


"So... How about our date today?" I was looking forward to going swimming and spending time with her.


"Well, we can just go now. Or we could pack a picnic! OH! I could even bring-" She shoved her own hoof in her mouth. "AH! I can't say! It's a secret!"


I chuckled at her antics. "Pinkie Pie, you're so random..."


"Wow! That's so weird! Dashie says that all the time!" She giggled.


"I wonder why... So, I'll just wait for you while you pack the picnic."


"Okie-Dokie-Lokie!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Third Person)

(Listen to this)


Pinkie and Shadow swam around in the pond, laughing and splashing each other. It was the first time in a long while that Shadow had ever had fun, let alone with another Pony.


"This is great! Man am I glad I met this mare..." Then, a splash of water hit his face.


"GOTCHA! Tee-hee, pay attention, silly-head!"


"Oh, now you're gonna get it Pinkie!" He started throwing water at her, and she retaliated. They just kept laughing and goofing around.


"He's having so much fun... It feels good to know I'm helping somepony." Pinkie smiled warmly, and then got a mouthful of pond water. "BLECH! Ha! You got me! Now be prepared for the ultimate Pinkie Pie Pwnage!"


"Wait, wha- OH MY WORD!"


I'll spare you the details, but lets just say Pinkie broke the fourth wall at least five times in that one onslaught of water attacks, and left Shadow speechless.


"That was... Mad." He just floated there, staring at his marefriend.


"It's what I do!"


He laughed, and then his stomach growled loudly. "Erm... Lets get to that picnic."


"Yay! I worked super-extra-special hard on it!" She was swimming at an unbelievable speed towards the shore.


After Shadow caught up, they plopped down on the blanket they had laid out, and started eating. A few minutes passed, and Shadow asked something that had been bugging him. "Pinkie...?"

(Stop the music)


"Yeah?" She tilted her head.

(Listen to this)


"Why exactly are you going out with me? I mean, I know you said I'm cute, but... Is it pity?" He looked down sullenly at his food, worried about her answer.


"What? Why would I do that? I asked you out because you're, like, a really really super nice stallion! You're always nice to me, and you never really get mad at me unless I do something a little... Over the top." She smiled.


"I understand that, but... Is that it? I'm sorry for being so depressing, but... You know how I am..." He had perked up a bit, but his ears were still folded backwards.


"Well... You just seem... Right. I dunno what it is, but whenever I'm around you, Shadow, I just feel like everything is right in the world. Like we're supposed to be together... That sounds weird, doesn't it?" She giggled.


"No, actually... I feel the exact same way around you. Whenever you hug me or something like that, my skin doesn't crawl like it does with other ponies. With you it feels... Nice." He blushed a little, but his ears pointed back up, and he had a smile on his face.


"Awww! You're so sweet!" She threw herself at him, and tackled him into a hug. They both started laughing. "So... You want to keep this dating thing up?" Pinkie gave him a big, toothy, ear-to-ear smile.


"Yeah... Yeah, I'd like that. A lot." He hugged her back.


"Thanks. I'm glad." She closed her eyes, and laid her head on the side of him.


"Me too."

PreviousChapters Next