• Published 2nd Jan 2012
  • 9,074 Views, 931 Comments

A Shadow Brought to Light - k12314



A young stallion, named Shadow Weaver, ha never led a good life. At least, not until SHE came along.

  • ...
23
 931
 9,074

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 29: Discovered

CHAPTER 29

"UGH!" I slammed my head against the wall of Pinks' room. Many, many times. I'd went back to see Rarity, and she told me that she was completely booked up with orders for a while, and Twilight was going to take a bit to perfect that spell. "Well, I guees I'm just going to have to put the whole 'marriage' idea to bed for a while... Crud. I guess it's for the best, really. I mean, what about the gang? They could pop up at any time... I think it'd be best if I dealt with them first." I nodded my head a bit, agreeing with myself. "Hm... I wonder how exactly the whole thing will turn out when Rarity is done with the planning..."


"Hm!" I thought I heard a voice from the hallway. I felt myself start to sweat bullets. Whoever it was may have heard me talking to myself.


"Uh... Who's there?" Nothing. "Must be hearing things..." I shook my head and chuckled. "I thought I got over this stuff... I guess not." I hopped onto the bed, and leaned my head back a bit. "I can't imagine having a really big wedding like that. I wonder if Rarity was being serious when she said all of that... Heh, she probably was. It's Rarity, after all. What was it she said...?" I put my hoof on my chin, and it all came back to me. "'It'll be in the Canterlot Gardens, you'll be wearing a lovely tuxedo, and Pinkie will be in a beautiful dress. And when you both say 'I do' you'll push the veil out of your way, and then-' And I cut her of... I'll have to talk with her about all that. I swear I read that in a book once... Whatever, it sounds really nice... Man, this is pretty darn scary, but it's a good kind of scary, you know what I mean?" I laid there for a second, half-expecting a reply. "I'm talking to an empty room... Hehehe, I'm going crazy. Oh well, I guess I'll get some sleep..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Third Person)


Pinks hopped up the stairs, thinking about Shadow, and the entire idea of marrying him. "It'll be great! We'll get married, then we'll live together forever and ever, and then we'll have foals... I wonder what our foals would look like?" Pinks started imagining jet black foals with pink manes, or pink foals with white manes, and she had to keep herself from falling over laughing. "Oh boy, that'll be a hoot..." She heard a voice coming from her room, and she knew it was Shadow. She went to open the door, but froze when she heard his spoken thoughts.


"...Whole 'marriage' idea to bed for a while... Crud. I guess it's for the best, really. I mean, what about the gang? They could pop up at any time... I think it'd be best if I dealt with them first." There was a slight pause, and all Pinks could hear was hear heartbeat, and her thoughts.


"He'salreadyplanningtoproposeohmyCelestiathisiswonderfulIcan'tbelieveit-" She was cut off when Shadow started "thinking" again.


"Hm... I wonder how exactly the whole thing will turn out when Rarity is done with the planning..." Pinks almost squealed, but she covered her mouth with her hooves. "OhmygoshhealreadyhasRarityplanningitI'llhavetothank
herlater-"


"Uh... Who's there?" Pinks completely froze. She almost started to sweat as she heard Shadow take a few steps towards the door. "Must be hearing things..." She let out the breath she didn't know she was holding. She pressed her ear to the door so his voice didn't sound so muffled, even though she could already understand him. "I can't imagine having a really big wedding like that. I wonder if Rarity was being serious when she said all of that... Heh, she probably was. It's Rarity, after all. What was it she said...?" There was another pause. "'It'll be in the Canterlot Gardens, you'll be wearing a lovely tuxedo, and Pinkie will be in a beautiful dress. And when you both say 'I do' you'll push the veil out of your way, and then-' And I cut her of... I'll have to talk with her about all that. I swear I read that in a book once... Whatever, it sounds really nice... Man, this is pretty darn scary, but it's a good kind of scary, you know what I mean?" She almost responded, but managed to stop herself. "I'm talking to an empty room... Hehehe, I'm going crazy. Oh well, I guess I'll get some sleep..." She heard him roll over and get comfortable, but she didn't enter the room until a half an hour had passed, and even then, she was as quiet as she could possibly be. When she crawled into bed with him, she wrapped her hooves around him, and his lips curled into a smile.


"Pinks... I love you." He was dreaming about her. She almost giggled, but thought that it might wake him up. She put her forehead to his, and felt herself starting to get a little groggy, but she just couldn't go to sleep. Her mind was going a million miles a minute.


"He's going to propose to me. He wants to marry me. He's absolutely in love with me. He wants to spend the rest of his life with me." Pinks started to feel dizzy with all the emotions clashing within her. She was excited and happy that Shadow wanted to make such a commitment to her, but she was also terrified. She was barely responsible to take care of a couple of foals, and she was thinking about marriage. "What if this all ends badly? What if I make him angry? What if I do something I regret?" What if? The question that many ponies ask in many situations. Pinks closed her eyes, and thought long and hard about what to do. She thought of when she first met Shadow, and how reclusive he was. She thought of when she first admitted how she felt about him. She thought of their first date. She thought of their first night with each other. She opened her eyes, and saw that Shadow had pulled himself closer to her.


"Please... Don't take her from me... I'd do anything..." He wasn't just dreaming about her. He was having a nightmare. He was deathly afraid of losing her. Pinks felt herself tear up. She'd never had a pony care about her this much. She knew Shadow cared about her, but the seriousness of their whole relationship truly dawned on her at that moment. Her moment of decision. Stay with Shadow, or chicken out?


"I don't know what to do..."


Her sleep that night was shallow and uncomfortable.

PreviousChapters Next