• Published 2nd Jan 2012
  • 9,064 Views, 931 Comments

A Shadow Brought to Light - k12314



A young stallion, named Shadow Weaver, ha never led a good life. At least, not until SHE came along.

  • ...
23
 931
 9,064

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 26: The Morning After

CHAPTER 26

Hey guys! Just gonna give a quick shout-out here. When you get the time, go read "Butterflies." It is an AMAZING fic. Now then, ON WITH THE STORY!


By the time Pinks and I were done with... What we were doing, it was almost noon. She was fast asleep next to me, but I was laying there, enjoying every moment of our time together.


"Best. Morning. Ever."


I heard the doorknob turn, and the door creaked open. Mrs. Cake popped her head in the door. "Hey, you two, are you awake?"


"I am, Mrs. Cake, but Pinks is fast asleep." Mrs. Cake walked in, and smiled warmly when she looked at Pinks.


"I heard somepony groaning last night, was one of you in pain or something?" My face went completely red, and Mrs. Cake's face went from a smile to a deadpan stare, which was directed at me. "You didn't." I slowly nodded my head.


"But Pinks is the one who started it..." Everything was completely silent for a minute. I cleared my throat, hoping to break the silence, but Mrs. Cake still said nothing. "She has to grow up sometime, you know. And you've got Pumpkin and Pound. She can't stay with you and Carrot forever." I hated to be the bearer of bad news, but that's how it is. Mrs. Cake let out a long sigh, and gave me a very serious look.


"I'm not upset or anything, I'm just... I don't know. Ever since you came along, Pinkie has been acting differently. As if she were more mature. And now I think I know why." I cocked an eyebrow at her. "I thought this was just a regular relationship. You know, an innocent date here, some kissing there, but no... This is much more than that. I haven't seen something like this ever since I met Carrot. This is true love." I nodded my head. I'd accepted that already. Mrs. Cake smiled at me. "You're such a nice stallion... I'm glad that Pinkie is with you. You seem... Right. I know that you have a troubled past, and that you've done some things you regret, but you're not bad. You carry this presence with you... It's calming, as if I already know you wouldn't do anything to hurt anypony on purpose."


"I really make ponies feel that way when I'm around them? I always thought I made ponies feel unsafe." Mrs. Cake shook her head.


"No. Quite the opposite. Well, I'll leave you alone now." She walked out of the room, but before she yanked the door closed, she looked at me again. "I'm looking forward to the wedding." She closed the door. I laid back for a moment or two, and then her words hit me like a Manticore. I shot upwards, and felt my eyes shrink down to pins.


"WHAT WEDDING?!" Pinks woke up, and looked up at me.


"What's wrong?" I looked back down at her, and my mind made me see her in a wedding dress. My eyes shrank even more.


"I- She- We-" I started spurting out random gibberish, and I started to sweat bullets. I knew that I shouldn't have been freaking out, but I was anyways. Pinks gave me a big hug, which helped a little bit, but not much. "Mrs. Cake must be one of those ponies that assume that as soon as a couple gets serious, marriage comes into play... But she could have broken it to me a bit more subtly!" I put my forehooves on my temples, and closed my eyes. My head was starting to hurt.


"Shadow, you're starting to worry me..." I sighed, and leaned in on her a little bit. She still felt really warm from being on the covers, and that helped me relax.


"It's nothing... Mrs. Cake was in here, and she said something that made me freak out a bit. That's all." Pinks nuzzled my side, and I couldn't help but smile.


"What did she say?" And there goes the smile.


"Uh... N-Nothing..." I'm usually a good liar, but... Yeah. Pinks is a different story.


"Come on, tell me the truth..." I stayed silent for a moment, and then I started hugging her back.


"She said that she's looking forward to the wedding..." Pinks broke away from the hug, and I saw her jaw hit the floor. Literally. No, seriously, it stretched all the way to the floor.


"Why would she say that?! Is it because we did it?" How very... Blunt of her.


"I guess so..." I shrugged, and rolled out of the bed. "I think it's best we just not think about it." I looked back and Pinks, who had a little twinkle in her eye. "Uh-oh..."


"You know... I wonder if Mrs. Cake may be right." Her pink coat went red, and I lost control over my legs, ending up on face down on the floor. I looked up at her, and she was getting redder by the second.


"You can't be serious..." Pinks nodded.


"Well, just think about it. I love you, and you love me... Why not?" I managed to stand back up, and I rubbed the back of my head, which was now red instead of jet black.


"I... I don't know what to think of all of this..." Pinks walked up next to me, and nudged my side.


"Don't worry about it. Now come on, lets get something to eat." I nodded, and walked with Pinks out the room, and down the stairs. I slowly fell into deep thought.


"What do I do? I love her, and I want to spend the rest of my life with her... But I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of commitment."

PreviousChapters Next