• Published 2nd Jan 2012
  • 9,076 Views, 931 Comments

A Shadow Brought to Light - k12314



A young stallion, named Shadow Weaver, ha never led a good life. At least, not until SHE came along.

  • ...
23
 931
 9,076

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23: Road to Recovery

CHAPTER 23

"Shadow! Are you OK?" Twilight yanked Pinkamena away from me, and held her up in the air in the center of the room.


"Yeah, I'm fine. I almost lost what shred of innocence I have left, but otherwise, I'm fine." I shook my head a bit, and gathered my thoughts. "OK... Pinks has been locked away in her own mind and Pinkamena has taken control, most likely due to childhood trauma resurfacing, and her mind couldn't take it... But what do I do? There's gotta be a way to bring the real Pinks back... Something memorable..."


"Hey, Shadow? Are you sure you're alright? You seem a bit out of it." Twilight put her hoof on my shoulder to snap me out of my thought... And I didn't react at all. At least one good thing happened.


"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking is all... What're you doing?"


"I'm restraining her." She pulled a strap over one of Pinkamena's hooves, and Twilight tightened it as much as she could without hurting Pinkamena. "We don't want her doing anything... Graphic... To you, now do we?" I nodded, and looked Pinkamena over a bit. She was just like Pinks on the outside, albeit a bit darker and a straight mane. On the inside, however, was an entirely different story.


Pinkamena isn't just any crazy mare, she's another pony that was locked away in Pinks' subconscious after having her entire life thrown out the window. Pinkamena WAS Pinks, but was the angry, hurt, and depressed Pinks. All of the emotion that Pinks locked away was fed into Pinkamena, and made her all the worse. But Pinkamena wasn't just an emotion sink, she was a different pony entirely, with wants and needs. Her physical needs, like food and water, were satisfied by Pinks, but her emotional and mental needs were never fulfilled, and it drove her deeper into insanity. She wasn't evil: She was just alone. Not a friend in the world, and the only pony she was connected to in any way resented her. She wanted to be cared for... To be loved. I pitied Pinkamena, I honestly did. I decided to do what I thought was best.


"Pinkamena... Would you just calm down and talk to me?" She glared at me, but I gave her my "calm down, it'll be alright" face, and she relaxed a bit.


"... Fine. What do you want?"


"Well, for starters, I'd like to know why you tried to have your vicious way with me." She at first looked angry, but then sad, and then... Guilty.


"I just... I just want somepony to care about me, and for me to care about. I've gone my entire life alone... But Pinkie gets to have all of the friends! How come she can be so happy, when I'm so miserable? It's not fair... I just want to know how it feels to be loved. Or at least to be cared about." I was right in my assumptions. I'm sorry, I know what I did was wrong, but I just couldn't help it. I just wanted you..." I put a hoof on her shoulder, and gave her a smile.


"It's alright... I know your pain. It's terrible, isn't it? You think you can go on your own, but there's that little voice in the back of your head telling you that you're wrong, and that you need another pony in your life. I had to deal with that for twenty-two years, and then I met Pinks... I did a lot of messed up things to get by, and I regret them all, but there's no use in letting those negative emotions take you over." Pinkamena smiled as well, but it wasn't that same insane smile she normally wore. It was a real, happy smile.


"You mean you're not mad at me? Really?" I nodded, and looked back to Twilight, who had just been standing by, watching the situation unfold. She knew what I wanted her to do, so she undid the straps holding Pinkamena down. Pinkamena leaned up, and stared at me. "But-" I put my hoof over her mouth.


"But nothing, Pinkamena. Now, here's what I'm gonna do: I'm going to get the girls together, and we're all going to hang out together. As friends. I'm sure that they'll listen to you and understand." I looked at Twilight again. "You understand. Right, Twilight?" She smiled and nodded, and I looked back to Pinkamena, who had a huge smile on her face.


"I can't believe you're doing this... And for me." She was looking at me like I was nuts, so I did what I thought would seem right. I gave her a hug, which took her by surprise, but she returned it.


"You're a part of Pinks, Pinkamena, and I care about Pinks, so I care about you too. At first, I thought you were just what Pinks became when she went nuts, but now I see that you're much more than that. You're a real live pony, with real emotions, and everything of the sort, and you deserve to be treated as such. What, did you think we would just try to force you back into Pinks' head, and yank her back out? That's not right. Now, are you with me, Pinkamena?" Tears were welling up in her eyes, and she had a thankful smile on her face.


"I don't know how I could ever thank you for this... You're being so nice to me, no matter what I've done..."


"Well, Pinks taught me to be nice to everypony, no matter how mean they seem." I remembered how I used to ignore Pinks or brush her off when we first met. "Now, don't cry. Just smile, smile, smile!" She wiped her eyes, and we trotted out of Twilight's basement together.


"I know you've been through a lot, Pinkamena, but there's always a long road to recovery after any incident."

PreviousChapters Next