• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 19,674 Views, 1,847 Comments

Light Wanderings - ed2481



Ethan Smith The Lone Wanderer goes to Equestria, hilarity ensues

  • ...
66
 1,847
 19,674

Chapter 31

Editing help from Omega_code

Chapter 31

Chapter 31

“Ethan. Ethan wake up.” A soft, feminine voice said quietly beside his head. Ethan’s eyes cracked open and he found himself face to face with the most beautiful woman he’d ever seen.

Her skin was dark. Not black or brown, just dark, and her chest was curved in just the right way to attract his eyes from within its silvery, fabric-covered casing. Wide, enticing lips smiled at him indulgently. Blue, deep, slanted eyes looked into his, and Ethan almost found himself drawn into their enticing gaze.

Hair black as night trailed down behind her down to the middle of her back, and he could see tiny specks of light dancing within it. A thin sword hung at her waist with a hilt stylized into the shape of a quarter moon. The scabbard was of the finest silver, and Ethan noticed his eyes tracing the woman’s hips.

“Hello Ethan Smith.” The woman said with a smooth voice.

“Hiya.” Ethan said, still caught off guard by her looks.

“Hiya? That’s not quite the response I was expecting.” the woman said as she leaned over a little farther over him, giving him a nice view of her substantial cleavage. “Care to try again?” she asked with an impish smile.

“Yeah, I do. Where the hell am I? And where the fuck did you come from?” He asked her as his eyes darted around the room. Strangely, outside of a circle of light around the two of them he could see nothing but darkness.

“We’re in your paradise of course.” the woman answered with a smile. “And as for me, I came from within you.”

“Great...” Ethan muttered. “I just love it when people give me cryptic non-answers.” He said as he gently pushed her away from himself and struggled to his feet.

The woman seemed amused by this statement and rose to her feet as well, before she started to slowly stroke Ethan’s arm. That is, until his hand lashed out and grabbed it. “Stop that.” he snarled. The woman seemed taken aback and afraid.

“I’m-I’m sorry... I was just trying to help.” the woman whimpered.

Ethan looked at her face, she was clearly on the edge of tearing up, and let out an explosive breath and sighed. “Sorry... I didn’t mean to sound so... angry. I’m just confused.”

The woman’s features brightened and she smiled. “It’s okay, I understand. You’re not the first to react to me like that.”

“Really? I’m kind of surprised.” Ethan said.

“Why?” The woman inquired.

“Because if I wasn’t married with children, then I’d ask you where the nearest bed was.” Ethan replied with a slight shrug. The woman brought her hand up to her face and chuckled.

“My, aren’t you a bold one?” she asked, still chuckling.

Ethan cracked his neck and then shrugged. “You could say that.” he agreed.

This brought out another chuckle from the woman. “I see.” she replied.

“So... you know my name, but I don’t know yours.” Ethan said as he turned to look at her. “Would you mind introducing yourself?”

“Why of course. My name is Nim, and I am here to show you the way.” the woman ‘Nim’ told him with a smile.

“Well... lead on then.” Ethan said, reflexively grasping at his waist for a sword, but coming up empty handed. A quick check of his body revealed that he was indeed out of weapons.

Least I’m not naked. he thought to himself.

“Very well Ethan Smith, follow me and be led on the way.” Nim told him with a smooth smile. The darkness parted, and was replaced by a blinding green light.

________________________________________

Twilight Sparkle had awoken to several extremely uncomfortable positions before in her life, and yet none of them were capable of topping her current predicament.

She had awoken to a painful feeling coming from her neck with her limbs shackled to the icy wall of a dark room. She also happened to be upside down, with her tail periodically falling into her face. The room that surrounded her was small, only about twelve feet in length and width. The floor was made out of an inky black substance, and the front wall covered by an almost netlike structure made out of what appeared to be iron bars.

However, as she’d found out in her first few minutes of captivity, she couldn’t seem to make any progress with her magic. Either on the cuffs that bound her, or bars at the front.

The mare had been ‘hanging’ like this for about ten minutes when she heard a noise. It was faint at first, but grew gradually and steadily stronger... it was the sound of a foal crying. The mare strained her neck to get a better view in the direction of the crying, causing the throbbing pain to increase.

In the dim darkness beyond her room, lit only by a single torch halfway down the hall, she saw a piteous looking shape leaning against the bars that covered the front of the cell.

“Hello... Star? Is that you?” Twilight called, her voice raspy.

The crying stopped and a bright white light burst into existence above the figure, revealing a large muscular stallion with a black mane, flecked with thin ribbons of blue highlights. His fur was black and reflected the white light. To Twilight’s considerable surprise the stallion looked remarkably like Star... if he had black fur and had been aged twenty years.

“Aunt Twilight?” The stallion asked in Star’s voice. “What’s happened to me? Where am I? Why does it hurt so much?”

Twilight’s jaw dropped and she was unable to speak for several seconds. “Star... is that you?”

“Yes.” the colt’s voice replied sounding strangled. “It’s me, Aunt Twilight.”

The mare’s eyes widened even more. “But... what’s happened to you?”

“I-I don’t know-all I know is that there was this evil dark thing and then it’s all pain and darkness... everything hurts!” Star whimpered before dissolving into tears yet again.

She grit her teeth before speaking. “Star, whatever has happened to you-I will find a way to reverse it!”

The stallion’s head suddenly shot up, and to Twilight’s surprise the face she was looking at grinned widely. “I think not, ‘Aunt Twilight’.”

The voice was one that Twilight had heard before, on her first foray to the Crystal Empire. Except now instead of decrepit and old it was young and menacing.

“Sombra? What... what have you done?” Twilight asked, equal parts shocked and sickened.

“Well I thought it would’ve been obvious, ‘aunty’.” Sombra replied with a smirk. “After our last little run-in my corporeal body was destroyed, so I found a new one. It was a little too small for me, so I expanded it.” He finished with a mocking smile. “And the best part is, that it’s permanent!”

“No spell is permanent Sombra... just wait until I get out of these bonds and then I’ll-”

“Actually, no you won’t.” Sombra cut her off before bursting into amused laughter. “You see ‘aunty’, you’re not going to be getting out of those bonds. No one except an alicorn could possibly break through them. And even if you did, you’d never get through the bars.” He started to laugh again.

Twilight grit her teeth as she glared at the laughing stallion. “So what’s your plan?” she asked, hoping to get something useful out of him.

Sombra stopped his laughter and turned to regard her with a grin. “My plan? Hahaha, I won’t bore you with specifics.”

“No, really, I’m interested.” Twilight said, her voice at a low growl.

Sombra chuckled. “Fine, I suppose I can give you a little glimpse into the future.” he leered at Twilight. “First, I’m going to destroy that pesky little army that you’ve got stationed outside, then I’m going to crush the Crystal Empire beneath my hoof like a sand castle. Finally, I’m going to stroll into Celestia’s throne room, and make her my personal toy!” he proclaimed with a wide grin. “And do you know what the best part is?”

Twilight glared at him silently, her rage bubbling beneath the surface like lava in an active volcano. Sombra took her silence as an excuse to continue talking.

“The best part is my dear Twilight Sparkle, you will be there all the way to watch me.” he smiled insidiously at her. “My associate, Miss Nightmare, has assured me that once she is finished with your odd monkey friend that she will be fully capable of taking over your body. You will get to watch as I kill each of your friends and subjugate your beloved Celestia, and when it’s all over you’ll beg for the sweet release of death to finally take you! But it won’t, because we won’t let you die. Oh no, you’ll be there for every pain filled moment, until you’re incapable of telling the difference between the life you lived before and the new one!”

The mare’s eyes began to flash with lines of purple magic, but her bonds seemed to drain away the gathering magic before she could gather enough for an attack. “You... you... I’m going to... KILL YOU!” Twilight roared as she struggled to free herself from her bonds.

“Ah, but there lies the second best part of this little plan of mine.” Sombra said with a snicker. “You can’t kill me without killing your dear little Star.” The stallion threw back his head and laughed again. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a lackey to await. Enjoy your last few hours of conscious body control Twilight Sparkle, they’ll be your last.”

Sombra left with a final dark, parting laugh, leaving the mare struggling fruitlessly against her bonds, her horn flashing and dying every few seconds as she gathered magic only for it to be drained by the bonds.

________________________________________

Ethan’s vision cleared, and he found himself standing in what appeared to be the Mojave. Nim was standing next to him, a truly sorry look on her face.

“What? How did we get back to the Mojave?” Ethan asked in confusion.

“We are not there, this is merely a vision of the future.” Nim answered before nodding to the right. Ethan followed her gaze, and spotted Cassandra standing in the sand.

Cassandra was clearly exhausted. Her nearly destroyed riot armor was covered in green blood that intermixed freely with hers. Her face was haggard, and her normally proud features seemed to be sagging in defeat. She was panting heavily, and was obviously close to collapsing. A riot shotgun was held loosely in either of her hands, and a veritable mountain of green-scaled corpses surrounded her.

“Cassie!” Ethan shouted, trying to gain his wife’s attention.

“She cannot hear you Ethan.” Nim said sadly.

Without warning Cassandra suddenly fell to one knee, the shotguns slipping from her tired hands. Tears began to leak down her face, and Ethan watched as his wife cried, utterly unable to help or look away. Suddenly, the ground beneath Cassandra erupted and a green hand grabbed the woman’s leg.

The claws sliced through the armor and bright blood poured out of the wound as Cassandra cried out in agonizing pain. Mere seconds later, before the woman had time to recover a green shape tackled her from behind, bearing the woman to the ground. The second tunneler then slammed its large claws into her back, and tore downwards. Ethan watched on in impotent panic and rage as his wife was reduced to bloody scraps.

When the scene was over and there was nothing left to see, the vision faded in another flash of green only to be replaced by one infinitely worse. He and Nim were in Cassandra’s suite, the nursery to be specific.

“No...No...NO!” Ethan shouted as he looked about the room.

Wadsworth’s unresponsive body lay against the far wall, smoking and flickering. A large set of claws had clearly slashed clean through his armored chassis. Sitting in the middle of the room was a large tunneler, leaning over two infants, neither of whom were moving. It turned to look at Ethan with glowing eyes and then back at the babies before it lunged forward, clamping its teeth around one of them.

Ethan closed his eyes and looked away, tears streaming down his face through the sides of his eyes. However, looking away didn’t save him from the awful crunching sounds. It seemed to take forever for the beast to finish its messy job and begin on the second child. His child.

The man’s vision was blinded again by a green flash, and when he opened his eyes again he found himself back in the dark space from before. Nim looked at him pityingly.

“Why... why did you show me those things?” Ethan croaked.

“Because dear Ethan, it is what will happen very soon.” Nim replied sadly.

“I-I have to stop it! How can I stop it? There has to be a way!” Ethan screamed at her.

Nim’s lips came together in a small smile. “Well, I do know of a way.”

“How? What?” Ethan asked, his hoarse voice was extremely strained and his tearstained face regarded the woman hopefully.

“You just need to accept my help.” Nim replied. “And then all of those nasty things will never ever happen.” she continued soothingly.

“Your help? What help?” He asked her.

“All you need to do is let me inside Ethan.” Nim told him with a kind smile.

“Let you... inside?”

“Yes Ethan... just let me inside and I’ll make all the pain go away.” Nim said as she reached up to put a calming hand on his cheek.

The man’s mind whirled around him as he tried to think straight. What he’d just seen was... awful... but something about Nim made him uneasy.

“What do you mean let you inside?” he asked.

Nim moved her hand down his cheek and down his neck. “I just need you to lower a few of your defenses and let me inside your mind’s castle. Once that’s done, you and I can keep those nasty tunnelers from ever hurting your dear Cassandra. After all once I’m inside you, there will be nothing that could oppose us, not even Celestia or Luna.”

He stared at her for a moment before bowing his head. Then his eyes narrowed and he looked back at her, eyes blazing blue orbs of fury. “GET OUT OF MY HEAD!” He roared, sending his fist slamming out at her. The woman dissipated at his touch.

“Tch, tch, there goes the easy option.” Nightmare said as she appeared several feet behind the man. “Of course, there’s always the hard option, and that one’s much more fun for me.”

Ethan charged her but suddenly doubled over in searing pain.

“My dear little wanderer, your mind is mine already, you just don’t know it yet.” Nightmare told him with a silky smile. Ethan was about to make a retort, but his back arced out as a jolt of electricity ran through it.

“Just submit to me, and the pain will end.” she told him, another wave of electricity surged through him and the man collapsed to the ground, shivering as the electricity hummed through his veins.

Pain more intense than any that he’d ever felt before followed moments later, and Ethan’s vision flashed before blacking out.

Author's Note:

So that was fun wasn't it?