• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 19,675 Views, 1,847 Comments

Light Wanderings - ed2481



Ethan Smith The Lone Wanderer goes to Equestria, hilarity ensues

  • ...
66
 1,847
 19,675

Chapter 22

Edited by TacoTown

Chapter 22

Ethan looked around uncertainly; he was at the door of the purifier control room. His father was standing in front of the control room’s console, scowling at him.

“What are you doing here?” James asked, his voice full of disgust.

“I… Don’t know?” Ethan said uncertainly,

“You can’t even let me die without ruining my dreams, can you?” James asked with a sneer.

“Dad, what are you talking about?” Ethan asked in confusion.

“What am I talking about? What am I talking about?!” James shouted. “It’s your damn fault that Catharine died, it’s your fault that I spent nineteen years cooped up in that metal prison, it’s your fault that I DIED!” James shouted as he moved towards Ethan, who started to back away as his father towered above him.

“bu-but dad, I-” Ethan sputtered.

“You are nothing, do you hear me son? And everything that you’ve ever done has meant nothing!” James roared violently.

“But I-I’ve saved the Wasteland!” Ethan protested.

“No you haven’t you little moron. The Brotherhood will become corrupt, the purifier will break, and your wife will stab you in the back when you least expect it!” James screamed as the veins on the side of his neck bulged and his eyes turned bloodshot.

“No, she-she’d never do that.” Ethan said in a quiet, uncertain voice. He’d gotten even smaller compared to his father.

“Oh really? Then I suppose that Boone man that she’s currently FUCKING doesn’t count.” James shouted, making Ethan flinch.

“But-but she and Boone are just friends.” Ethan stammered, causing James to burst into laughter.

“Is that really what you think? Ha! I’ve always known that you were an idiot son, but I didn’t realize just how big of an idiot you were!” James said mockingly.

“Stop it, shut up!” Ethan shouted, his voice came out sounding like a ten year-olds.

“Those children died because of you Ethan, it was all your fault.” James told switching topics with an evil grin.

“No, it wasn’t my fault!” Ethan said with a snivel.

“Then why are they de-”

HOW DARE YOU!” A new voice suddenly shouted as Luna materialized, standing protectively in front of Ethan. “YOU DARE IMPERSONATE HIS FATHER, YOU FOUL CREATURE!” Luna roared, causing James to stagger backwards under the verbal assault.

“Luna?” Ethan asked.

“The very same.” Luna told him before turning back to James, who had disappeared and been replaced by a ball of darkness.

“Well well well, if it isn’t my old friend Luna. How have you been, darling?” The ball of darkness asked in a mocking feminine voice as it moved towards Luna.

“Do not pretend to know me foul creature, you are nothing.” Luna said in a low dangerous voice.

Oh contraire little Luna, I am everything.” The ball of darkness said as it morphed before Ethan’s eyes and became a tall black alicorn. “I am everything that you wish to be.” The alicorn said as it took a step forward. “I am everything that you lack.” It said with another step.

STAY BACK, YOUR POWER HOLDS NO SWAY HERE DEMON!” Luna shouted, forcing the other alicorn back with the sheer power of her voice.

Oh it doesn’t, does it?” The alicorn asked with a dark chuckle. “You are the guardian of dreams. I am the embodiment of nightmares, and this is most definitely a nightmare.” The alicorn told her with another dark laugh. “So riddle me this little princess. Who really holds sway over this realm if I embody the darkness that it is made of?” Nightmare asked with a sharp toothed grin.

“That…” Ethan said, before his fist struck out like a bolt of lightning sending Nightmare staggering backwards. “Would be ME.” The man finished with a murderous grin. He’d returned to his normal size and was now wearing The Shocker. “I don’t know what you are.” Ethan said as he strode towards the Nightmare. “But if you don’t get the FUCK out of my head I’ll keep you here.” He continued as his metal enclosed fist slammed into the alicorn’s face like a hammer. “And I’m afraid that I’m not a very good host, if you know what I mean.” He said as his malicious grin spread even further across his face until it was almost insane looking.

Excelent.” Nightmare whispered with a chuckle before she vanished.

“Wha-” Ethan said in confusion. “Where- where did she go?”

“I don’t know.” Luna replied uncertainly. “But no good can come of this Ethan.” She told him softly.

“Who was that?” Ethan asked.

“A spirit, a nightmare.” Luna said with note of both weariness and sorrow entering her voice.

“Does this nightmare have a name?” Ethan asked tiredly.

“Nightmare.” Luna replied.

“Of course, how original.” Ethan said sourly.

“Ethan, you MUST not allow her words to affect you. They were meaningless things meant to steer you off the path of good.” Luna told him.

“You heard what she said and didn’t interrupt her sooner!” Ethan shouted, his eyes blazing with anger.

“Yes, but only because I was only delayed until I could force my way through her magic barriers.” Luna told him with a scowl. “If I had been capable of it I would’ve been by your side in an instant.”

“Well that’s real fucking comforting!” Ethan yelled, causing Luna to flinch.

“Please Ethan, cal-” Luna began.

“Calm down? You want me to calm down?” Ethan asked, interrupting the lunar alicorn mid-sentence. “Well how about you trade places with me huh? I haven’t gotten a decent night of sleep since I got to this world because of that thing tormenting me!” He shouted.

“Ethan, please calm down. I know what it’s like, believe me I do.” Luna told him sincerely.

“THEN HELP ME!” Ethan roared.

“Ethan, you MUST calm down, if you do not then it makes it easier for her to control you.” Luna told the man seriously.

“And what would you know about it?” The man asked angrily.

“Everything Ethan, I know everything about it.” Luna said, lowering her head as a few tears fell from her eyes. Ethan’s rage died, and he walked towards her and wrapped his arms around the Princess’s neck before his own tears began to fall.

“She-she used my father, my fucking father against me Luna, I still hold myself responsible for what happened to him.” Ethan told her.

“I doubt it was your fault Ethan.” Luna said quietly.

“I know it wasn’t, but that doesn’t stop it from hurting.” Ethan admitted softly.

***

The cat’s eyes suddenly opened again as Nightmare found her way back to her current host.

So things went well I take it?” Her companion asked.

Oh most definitely.” Nightmare purred with a smile.

Excellent, the plan is progressing perfectly.”

Of course it is, my king.” Nightmare said, her eyes yellow eyes flashed as they turned to look in the direction of the room where Prince Shining Star was being kept prisoner. Soon her king would have a new body. One truly worthy of him, and she, she would have a greater reward then even the king.

Author's Note:

AN: It's a short chapter, but it's full of plot (EN: not that kind), so enjoy and look forward to the next chapter; Ethan vs Blueblood.