• Published 1st Jan 2012
  • 18,326 Views, 540 Comments

An Unlikely Couple - Legacy55



Discord and Celestia are getting married! But Luna and Twilight try and put a stop to it...

  • ...
29
 540
 18,326

The Breakdown

Twilight teleported into the library to find that it was empty. “Oh right, I gave Spike a break…” She mumbled, taking a step to the door.

“Now I wonder where the others are?” She glanced outside. “Well, Dash’s is probably sleeping in some tree, so I guess I should go and see Fluttershy first. Oh, I hope she isn’t too upset about earlier…”

Twilight turned to leave, almost making it through the door before she stopped. Something was tugging at the back of her mind, almost as if she had forgotten something very important. She thought back to how her and Luna’s plan went so horribly wrong, and how Discord had laughed through it all…

A scowl crossed her face as a light bulb went off in her head. When Discord was first released, he had tricked them all into thinking the elements were in the maze. From there he had split them up and corrupted them all, completing his master plan.

That’s all this was. Just another complex plan he had come up with to triumph over them. He had tricked Celestia, and getting them banned from the wedding was just another step in his plan. Without her and Luna at the wedding, there would be nopony to stand up against him. He could corrupt all her friends again, or even kill Celestia! They were all putty in his hands at this point…

Twilight clapped her hooves together; a slightly crazy look visible in her eye. “Ha! Discord thinks he’s won this just because his plan is going perfect so far! Well I’ll show him, I’m not stupid!” She let out a creepy laugh while an equally creepy smile crossed her face.

----------------------------

“Uh, Twilight? You here?” Spike asked as he stepped into the library which was pitch black. “Twilight?”

There was an eerie silence in the room, and he reluctantly took a step inside. “Twilight?” He called out again, a slight hint of fear in his voice.

Cautiously, he made his way up the stairs, a loud creak filling the room as he took each step. Finally reaching the top of the stairs, he peaked into Twilight’s bedroom, which was just as dark as the rest of the place.

Sitting on Twilight’s bed was a mass of covers, which appeared to be moving. “T-t-twilight?” Spike stuttered into the darkness, the thoughts of zombie ponies coming to his mind.

“Hehehe…” A maniacal laugh punctured the silence in the room, causing the baby dragon to jump back in fright.

“Twilight? Is that you?” He asked, forcing himself to take a step towards the bed. After what seemed liked forever, he was standing at the side of the bed, intently looking at the unidentifiable lump. Slowly, he reached out a claw and poked it.

The mass threw the covers off and what was lying underneath caused Spike to let out a blood curdling scream and fall backwards.

It was Twilight, or at least something similar to Twilight. Her mane was a mess, with individual hairs sticking out at random places. Her pupils had shrunk to the size of bits, and they gave off a crazy, maniacal look. Her teeth were grinding together, and she had a truly frightening smile plastered on her face. “Hiiii Spike!”

“Uh, t-t-t-Twilight, what happened to you?!”

“Oh, nothing! I just finally realized that Discord’s brainwashed and tricked all of you, and that I’m the only sane one left!” She grinned, her ear twitching as she spoke.

Spike tried to give her a comforting look, “Uh, I think you’ve stayed up a bit too long. Why don’t you just take a nap? I promise you’ll be better when you wake up!” He went to tuck her in, but she swatted him away.

“Oh, no! You’re not going brainwash me too! I’m the only one left that can save the Princess, and Equestria! You’re not going to trick me!” She laughed before jumping down from her bed. She rushed into the main room of the library, and Spike hurried after her.

“Wait Twilight; just listen to me for a second! You’re not thinking right!”

“Oh, no Spike, you’re the crazy one here, not me!” She ran to the door, throwing it open.

“Wait Twilight! Don’t go! We need to get you some help; I promise you’ll be all better soon!”

“Just wait and see, I’ll stop the wedding! I’ll save the Princess, and all of Equestria, because I’m the only pony who hasn’t gone crazy!” She laughed manically again before running out into the night, disappearing within a few seconds.

“Oh Twilight…” Spike shook his head, concern trying to overcome his urge to sleep. “I’ll find you, even if it takes…” He let out a yawn, his eyes drooping as he spoke. “All…night…” He passed out on the ground, his snores filling the library.

---------------------------

“Alright, so we’re having red wine for the wedding?”

“Red wine? Ugh, that just screams boring! Why not chocolate milk? Or no, how about-”

“No, Discord! Really? Chocolate milk? Half of Canterlot is being invited, so we can’t serve Chocolate milk!”

“And that’s why I hate these Canterlot ponies! They don’t know how to have fun, and all they know how to do is drink tea and spit it in the peasant’s faces!”

Celestia sighed, dropping the scroll in front of her. Discord had been uncooperative from the very beginning, not offering a single serious suggestion. The whole Twilight/Luna fiasco had only furthered her burden; she just didn’t have time for these things.

“Oh, something wrong, Celly?” He asked, brushing his face up against hers.

“No, just you being you…”

He grinned, “Well, that’s what you love about me.”

“Yes…” She smiled slightly, he was always good at making her laugh, or smile. She quickly changed the conversation, “I really hope Twilight gets over all this nonsense. Sometimes I worry about that pony.”

“Oh,” Discord said, stifling a laugh, “I’m sure she’s doing just fine…”

Celestia gave him a confused look. It almost seemed like he knew more than what he was saying. “Do you know something I don’t?” She raised an eyebrow.

“No! We don’t keep secrets from each other, right my dear?”

“Well, it sure seems like you are…” She stared at him for a few minutes, trying to detect something. Finally, she brushed it from her mind, treating it as just a passing thought. He’s changed, she told herself.

“Well, let’s try to move through this list,” She said, picking the scroll back up. “Next thing, hors d’oeuvres. I was thinking-”

“Cotton Candy!” Discord exclaimed.

Celestia put her hoof to her forehead; this was going to take awhile.

-------------------------

Rainbow Dash scanned the town as she zipped through the sky. It was almost morning now, and still no sign of Twilight. She had been searching ever since she arrived at the library to find Spike alone. She woke him up to only get a few legible words out of him; they were enough to tell her Twilight was in trouble.

Immediately she had begun searching, worried for her safety. A crazy unicorn could hurt herself, or any other pony she came into contact with. She really didn’t want another smarty-pants incident on her hooves…

Finally, Rainbow Dash caught sight of the lavender pony. Hidden in a dark alley she swooped down landing right in front of her. “Twilight! There you are! I’ve been looking all night!”

“Rainbow Dash! Don’t even try and trick me, because you won’t! You want me to take a little nap, so you can get Discord to brainwash me like he did to everypony else! But I won’t fall for it, because I’m smart! Oh yes, so very, very smart…” She cackled, tapping her hooves together as she rocked back and forth.

Just looking at her friend creeped her out, she really had snapped. “We’ll get you help Twilight, just trust me! I’m your friend!” She reached out a hoof to help her up.

“No!” Twilight slapped the hoof away and got up. “You’re not getting me!!!” She turned tail and bolted, running as fast as she could down the alley.

Rainbow Dash sighed before taking chase, her wings allowing her to easily keep up.

“Just give up, Twilight; you’re not out running me!” The Pegasus went to tackle her friend to the ground, but she just ducked and Rainbow Dash slammed into a wall.

“Hehe! See, I’m too smart to get caught! Much to smart…” Suddenly she screeched to a halt as she nearly ran into a brick wall. It was a dead end.

The Pegasus got up panting. “Alright Twilight, we can do this the easy way, or we can do it the hard way.”

Twilight began sweating bullets as she looked from left to right; there was no way out of this alley. It was a dead end, and there was no more running from her friend. Unless…Yes, how could she forget? “Don’t worry Dash, I’ll save you. Along with every other pony when I take down Discord!” She grinned before teleporting away.

“Darn it…” Dash stamped the ground. “Forgot she could do that…”

------------------

Luna sighed depressingly as she lounged on her ornate bed. “Maybe Celestia was right, maybe Discord really has changed…”

Maybe I was just being too much of a snobby, stuck up Princess to see that… I should just let my sister be happy for once, she deserves it…

Suddenly a brilliant flash filled her room, and standing in front of her was a maniacal, crazy unicorn. “Twilight Sparkle?” She asked cautiously, unsure that this twitching, psychotic mare was the same one she was with just yesterday.

“Princess Luna! Has Discord gotten to you yet?”

“Wh-what? I haven’t seen Discord since your plan went so horribly wrong…” Luna glared at her.

“Oh good! I thought I was the only pony left!”

“What do you mean, ‘only pony left’?”

“The only sane one left!” She laughed, sending chills down the moon princess’s spine.

“Um, right… What do you want exactly?”

“To stop Discord before he takes over all of Equestria! I’m sure he’s going to strike at the wedding! We need to stop him before then!”

Luna grinned slightly. This pony was definitely crazy, but maybe a crazy ally would work out better. Something told her to trust her; she didn’t know quite what it was, but she listened to it nonetheless. Her earlier thoughts were quickly swept out of her mind. Discord couldn’t have changed. “Now you’re talking…”