• Published 4th Nov 2012
  • 796 Views, 20 Comments

A Night With Chaos - Omega_code



Twilight working along side with a creature of chaos.

  • ...
3
 20
 796

To Find A Nightmare

Thanks to ProtheanBrony for proofreading this.
_____________________________________________________________________


“Ah Rarity, you shouldn’t have,” Spike mumbled in his sleep.

“Spike,” Twilight’s voice softly but firmly spoke out. Twilight laid a hoof on his shoulder and gently nudged Spike back and forth.

Spike moaned in complain. “Leave me alone you parasprites.”

Twilight let out an annoyed sigh. She then began to shake Spike very hard and whisper very loudly. “Spike! Get up!”

Spike’s body jolted as his eyes shot open. “Twilight?” He said in a sleepy tone. “What’s going on?” He slowly leaned up and rubbed the drowsiness out of his eyes.

Twilight’s horn light up and several objects started to float up in the air. “I need you to write a letter to Princess Celestia.”

“Why? Its night time, she’s probably asleep.”

“Because downstairs at this very moment we have visitor who has the ability to use the power of... chaos.”

Spike snapped out of his drowsiness and loudly exclaimed, “What!?”

Twilight rushed over to Spike and covered his mouth. “Shh! Not so loud.”

Spike nodded his head and Twilight removed her hoof from his mouth and got back to her packing. “Discord is back!? But how is that possible?” Spike disbelieving asked.

“No, Discord isn’t back. It some sort of fox Diamond Dog named Omega.” Twilight put her saddle bag on her back and fastened the faux-leather strips underneath her belly. “Now here’s what I want you to write to Celestia.”

********************

Omega was standing next to one the many bookshelves that the library housed. His eyes were scanning the many titles printed on the spines of the books; from a list of known unicorn's spells to how to run a slumber party. His eyes locked on to one the books and he reached out to pull it from the shelf. He looked at the cover, The Elements of Harmony: A Reference Guide. He opened the book and started to skim through the pages. He turned page after page, only taking a few seconds glancing at each page. He stopped when he reached a page that had a picture of five stones circling around one big one. He carefully read the entire page.

“So, they are real,” he quietly spoke to himself once he finished reading. The sound of Twilight’s hooves clopping down the stairs filled Omega’s ears. He quietly closed the book and quickly put it back on the shelf. He then placed his hands behind his back and let out a friendly smile just as Twilight came into view. “So, all packed up and ready to leave?” He asked in a merry tone. 


Twilight stopped her advancing down the stairs and stared at Omega. “Yes. Now, how do we find this Nightmare?”

“Simple, we just find the place that they like to hide in.”

“But you said you had no idea where to start looking!”

“And that’s true, I never been to this world so I have no idea where to start.” Omega, held one finger in the air. “However, I didn’t say I didn’t know what areas they liked to hide in. If I told you their characteristics, maybe you can deduce what part of your world it might be in.”

Twilight took in deep breaths to vent of her frustration. “You know, it would help if you told me that the first time.”

“Well, you should’ve asked. I can’t tell you every single thing that runs across my mind. Plus you attacked me before I could say that.”

“Fine, just tell me what these characteristics are.”

“Well first off, Nightmares like a place that’s mostly dark throughout the day; though they are not afraid of the light, they do like areas that are similar to night time. Second is a place that is close to a town, but it’s an area where not many of the town’s folks will travel to. That way it’s easier for them to stalk a town and have a safe haven to hide in just in case they were discovered. Finally, and I know this will sound strange, they like a place that holds lots of forgotten or painful memories.”


“Huh? The first two I understand, but the last one doesn’t make any sort of sense.”

“It’s hard to explain in a sort amount of time we have. Let’s just leave it as a place where many of your kind probably wander into and they were never seen again or a place where desolate towns or ruins of a town lies.”

Twilight, still confused at the last example Omega used, thought about where in Equestria this Nightmare might be hiding. Only one place came to her mind. “The Everfree Forest; it’s close to Ponyville, mostly always dark, and many ponies stay away from it.”

“Sounds like the perfect place.”

“Still, the forest is huge. There’s no way we can comb through the entire forest in a single night.”


“Well then Twilight, is there somewhere inside the forest that you know of that fits even better with my descriptions?”

“Well, there is the ruined castle of the royal sisters, so I guess that is a good place to start.”

“Then off to the Everfree Forest and to this castle.” Omega walked to the door and opened it. He held it open and gestured his free arm to the door. “Ladies first.” He politely offered.

Twilight scoffed at this. Her horn glowed and the door was covered in a purple aura. “Actually, you go first.” She insisted.

Omega moved his arm away from the door to see it being held by Twilight’s magic. He looked over at Twilight to see the same cold look she been giving him ever since she found out he was a Chaos Knight. Omega shrugged his shoulder. “If you insist.” He slightly bent down and walked through the door. Twilight shortly followed and once she was past the door, she firmly closed it. 
“So where is this forest of ours?” Omega asked.

“We’ll walk down this road for a few blocks then we will take a right. We continue walking until we reach a bridge and cross that. That path from the bridge will take us directly to the forest. From there I’ll lead you to the castle ruins.”

“All righty then.” Omega held up one of his arms. “Lead the way.”

“No, I want you in front of me,” Twilight demanded.

Disoriented, Omega asked. “Um, then how will you lead me?”

“I will tell you where to go.”

“That’s very poor leadership skills you know. It might be easier if you try to lead in front of me.”

“Well I don’t trust you enough to be behind me. Now start walking.” She sharply ordered.

“Wow, you must’ve took an extra dose of grumpy pills today.” Omega quipped. Twilight’s glare just intensified. Omega rolled his eyes and started to walk down the street.

This is going to be a long night, Twilight thought before she began to follow Omega.

_____________________________________________________________________


MLP: Friendship is Magic is copyright to Hasbro. All characters that belong to their company are rightfully theirs.
Omega and anything related to him comes out of my head.This writing is for fun and nothing else.