• Published 4th Nov 2012
  • 792 Views, 20 Comments

A Night With Chaos - Omega_code



Twilight working along side with a creature of chaos.

  • ...
3
 20
 792

Ordo ab Chao

Thanks to ProtheanBrony for proofreading this. Enjoy.
_____________________________________________________________________

Luna’s moon was high in sky, as it cast its light down onto the land of Equestria. Most ponies were already asleep, while the rest stayed up; either for jobs that took place during the night, or just to enjoy the night sky. However, in Ponyville, one pony who lived inside a library was doing something completely different.

“Just need to add a few more drops...” Twilight juggled a flask and a beaker in the air with her magic. She tilted the flask and let a few drops of some sort of liquid fall into the beaker, and the two liquids mixed.

There were small sizzles and a popping noise and Twilight examined the reaction in the beaker. “Interesting,” she mumbled to herself. She looked over to the scroll sitting on the wooden podium, picked up her quill and scribbled a few notes on the scroll.

Nothing like a little science before going to bed, she thought to herself. With Spike and most of the town folks sleeping the night away, Twilight found that it was far easier to do her experiments at this time, so that no pony would interrupt her.

*snap*

The noise echoed in Twilight’s ears. She looked away from the podium and scanned the room. What was that? She thought.

*crackle*

An aura of magic filled the air, but it didn’t feel like the normal kind of magic unicorns used.

*pop*

There was a bright flash in front of her as if Celestia had teleported into her home. Twilight was blinded by the sudden flash, and wondered what in Equestria was going on. As her eyes started to recover she heard somepony coughing and a stallion’s voice. “Man, that dimensional transport was rough. I think the Dimension Gate needs to be recalibrated.”

As Twilight’s eyes finally readjusted, she saw that the thing talking wasn’t actually a pony. It stood in front of her, and appeared to be an erect Diamond Dog, except its body was a far more slender than normal and his forearms were a lot shorter while his two legs supported his entire body. Also unlike Diamond Dogs, who mostly wore some sort of vest, he wore a stark-white tunic with a coattail split down the center and a blood-red sash tied around his waist, only having his head and tail visible. His head was in the shape of a fox's and his fur was white with grey fur which only covered his ears and the end tip of his tail.

The fox was now checking his arms and then down at his body. “Nice, I’m still in my body. They must have a creature that is similar to me.”

After she recovered from the shock of what was happening, Twilight put on her most kind voice and spoke out. “Um, hello?”

The fox’s ears perked up to the sound of her voice and he turned his head towards her. The kind of smile she would've expected a close friend to give her formed in his face. “Ah, Twilight Sparkle I presume.”

Twilight was surprised that the fox knew her name. “You are correct, Mister?”

“Omega,” he cheerfully answered.

“Omega, would you mind to tell me what in Equestria is going on?” Normally any other pony would've screamed for help right the moment Omega appeared. But enough things had happened in Twilight’s life to not make her act like that. She was however more intrigueded on how Omega got here, and something about a dimension gate picqued her interest.

“You’re taking this extremely well, huh? Good, solves me the trouble of calming you down. Now to answer your question; to put it simply, I’m from another dimension that is far from here but is also very close. I was sent here to find you so that we can look for a dangerous monster and stop it!”

Twilight was bewildered by this. “A dangerous monster!?”

“Well I think monster is too cruel of a word to describe it, more like a dangerous being.”

“Still, why would you need me and what makes this being so dangerous?”

Omega shrugged his shoulders. “Don’t know about the first part of your question. I was only told that I was being sent to a world where I would meet a creature that goes by the name Twilight. I then had to ask her if she would help me track down a dangerous threat to this world and stop it. Also, this all had to be done before the night was over too. To answer your second question, it’s a Nightmare that’s why.”

All of the information Omega was giving to Twilight only opened more questions for her to ask. “Why does it have to be done before the night is over, where do we start looking and what do you mean Nightmare Moon is back?”

Omega simply replied. “Don’t know, have no idea, and who?”

“Nightmare Moon, the dangerous being you said is here, but that’s impossible since me and my friends stopped her two years ago.”

“I believe you misunderstand me Mrs. Sparkle. It’s a Nightmare, not this Nightmare Moon. A Nightmare, to tell a long story short, is a creature that comes from the Void, and has lost its mind to painful memories of its past life, so to speak.”

“What?” A dumbfounded Twilight asked.

“I’ll explain more as we make our way to find it. Just know for now that it’s dangerous and we need to get rid of it. Shouldn’t be a problem though, a Chaos Knight like me shouldn’t have any difficulty taking down a lone Nightmare.”

“Wait, a Chaos Knight? Does that mean you have the ability to use chaos?” Twilight asked in a cautious tone.

“Um... yeah; I can’t be a Chaos Knight without having the ability to use some chaos!” Omega frown as if he felt something was wrong and he quickly jumped to the side to dodge a purple beam of magic that was fired at him. Omega looked at Twilight who had an angry scowl on her face and her horn basked in a bright purple aura. “WATCH WERE YOU POINT THAT THING! You could bloody hurt someone!”

Twilight only focused her magic for another blast of magic. In the blink of an eye, Omega reached down to his side to what looked like a card deck holder and pulled out a single card. He then quickly tossed the card into the air and it flew straight and face down towards Twilight. Right before the card hit Twilight it faced straight up and stopped, emitting a very bright flash.

Twilight winced, closed her eyes, and looked away from the light. Once the flash receded, Twilight opened her eyes and looked back Omega... if she could that was. She was able to open her eyes, but she couldn’t move her head. “What is going on!” She cried out. She could still move both of her eyes, so she glanced over towards the card with her right eye. It was just floating in the air and it had some sort of picture on it which Twilight couldn’t make out.

Twilight could hear Omega walk over to her and he propped his head right up next to hers, looking at the card. “Cool, immobilization. Haven’t drawn that card in a while.” He looked over at Twilight. “So, is there a reason why you attacked me?”

“Because you’re a creature of chaos!” Twilight tried once again to move some joint in her body. “You need to be stopped.” She wasn’t having any luck breaking from her invisible imprisonment.

“Struggle all you like, you won’t be able to break free. And for your information my race are not creatures of chaos. We are known for doing some trickery though.”

“Still you used chaos, and no matter what evil you have planned, I will stop you.” Twilight reached for her magic, hopping she could cancel the spell Omega had casted on her. Successful, her horn started to glow and she was about to cast a spell when Omega let out a disappointed sigh and reached over to grabbed Twilight’s horn. Twilight’s magic ceased flowing through her, and she was now powerless.

Omega moved in front of Twilight’s face and had an insulted looked on his face. “Evil? You think I’m evil because I use chaos?” Twilight’s fierce look was the only answer she gave. Omega sighed disappointingly. “It’s one of those worlds huh? Why can’t I be sent to a world that has a better mindset towards chaos?”

“Because chaos is evil, and nothing good ever comes out of it! How can I tell what you’ve told me was really real!?”

Omega gave a deadpan looked at Twilight. “Order can also be evil too dearie, and so can everything else in the universe. It all depends on how you use it to make it evil. The only thing that is always evil is evil. Though there was that one time...eh, nevermind. I’ll also let you know that without chaos, some good things would’ve never happened.” Omega let go of Twilight’s horn and swiped the card out of the air. Twilight’s magic started to flow through her again and she could also move her body as well.

“Also I’m a Chaos Knight, which means I’m a knight, and as a knight I have a set of vows to follow. One of them is to uphold the order of universe by using chaos; another is not to tell lies. I’m one of the good guys Mrs. Sparkle, not a bad one.” Omega put the card back into the deck and walked towards the door. “Now I only had to ask for your help to track down the Nightmare, it didn’t say you had to accept it. The Nightmare threat I’ve told you is real, and if it isn’t stopped, bad things will happen.” Omega reached for the door handle.

“Wait,” Twilight called out. “What kind of bad things?” She asked in a worried tone.

“Things that will make you wish the Nightmare was just a bad dream.” He replied in a grim tone.

Twilight remained silent as she thought about her answer. In a displeased voice she answered, “Alright, I’ll help.” Omega smiled as he turned around to face Twilight. “But I need to pack a few things first.”

“Then what are you waiting for? We’re wasting moonlight.” Omega sarcastically said.

Twilight turned around and went up the stairs to the second floor of the library wondering what she had gotten herself into, and planning on her next move.


_____________________________________________________________________


MLP: Friendship is Magic is copyright to Hasbro. All characters that belong to their companies are rightfully theirs.
Omega and anything related to him comes out of my head.This writing is for fun and nothing else.