• Published 20th Oct 2012
  • 9,251 Views, 133 Comments

Embracing the Night - NightInk



I, a regular college brony, get pulled into Equestria to fight Nightmare Moon? Whats happening?!

  • ...
32
 133
 9,251

Things Fall Apart

So, the funny thing is that I wasn’t even watching ponies when this all began.

I was working on a Psychology assignment and listening to an episode of Family Guy in my dorm room when she fell into my life. And my room. Literally, fell. I was typing and all of a sudden there was a big, swirling, dark purple portal swirling on the ceiling of my room. It didn’t make a lot of noise, just kind of floated there and hummed loud enough to be heard and noticed. And then an unconscious pony fell onto my bedroom floor. More importantly, Princess Luna fell onto my floor. She looked mostly like what the show depicted her to be like. She was tall, from what I could tell from her laying there, and she was a beautiful night blue color. She was real, obviously, but still almost seemed to have a cartoon-y appearance about her.

Except I didn’t quite register all this in that moment. Mostly, my was going “Don’t shit yourself, don’t shit yourself, don’t shit yourself…” I mean, what am I supposed to do, pick her back up, go through the portal myself, and say “Hey, I’m the guy living downstairs, and I think you dropped this. Do you want it back?” But before I could do anything, it began to fade and disappeared in a matter of seconds. As soon as it vanished completely, she started to move. She groaned and sat up on her haunches, her beautiful, cutie marked haunches, and held her head. Well, I guess she held her head. Kind of hoofed it, really. She groaned a little, and I sat there like an idiot, unable to say a word. When she finally noticed me though, I knew it.

GREAT TATARUS, WHAT MANNER OF CREATURE IS THIS?!?” Wow, she sounds just like in the show. Of course, I was lucky my windows didn’t shatter. Or my eardrums. I finally worked up the nerve to say something.

“Uuh, doowah fuh jubjub buuuhhh…” Well, I was making noise, at least.

AND IT SPEAKS!! DO NOT FEAR, WE MEAN NO HARM TO THEE OR THY WORLD!!” Thankfully that yell knocked me back to my senses.

“Um, sorry, but is there any chance you can stop yelling so loudly? The neighbors are going to think I’ve gone insane, and that would draw attention.”

“Oh, sorry. We--I will try to do better.” After that we both just kind of sat there. There wasn’t a lot we could really do until we both got caught up with the situation, and I was seriously tweaking out. She made the first move.

“So, just what are you, anyways?”

“Uh, I’m just a person. A human. A very confused human. And I don quite know how to be tactful, per-se, so I’m going to be very blunt, all right?” She nodded once. “What the hell is the pony Princess of Night doing in my bedroom?!” I yelled, probably a bit too loudly.

“Well, I’m not entirely sure myself. I had just… Wait, how do you know I’m the Princess of the Night?” Oh, oops. Didn’t think about that.

“Umm, that’s a bit of a story. Suffice it to say I know a lot about Equestria, Canterlot, you, and Celestia, among other things. Can we go back to the part where your falling into my room?”

She eyed me curiously, and I could tell she didn’t quite trust, or believe, probably, what I was saying. But she continued, “Well, I was walking to my tower after talking to Celestia about a threat that had been made against Canterlot, when I got light-headed and passed out. The next thing I can recall is waking up here in your chambers.”

“Seriously? That’s it? You realize that’s not much to go on, right? What was the threat to Canterlot?”

“The source and manner were unknown to us, just that there was some sort of threat being made. For all we knew it could have been some new creature we had never heard of before…” she said, raising an eyebrow. “Maybe one from outside Equestria. It is possible so long as they knew about our land.” Crap. Now I was a suspect in a royal threat because I accidentally spilled about knowing Equestria. If I have to start censoring everything I say, I’m in trouble. Thinking before I speak isn’t my strongest point.

As I thought, I noticed her horn beginning to faintly glow. I started to back up with my hands raised. “Um, Princess, I know this probably looks really bad, but I swear, I didn’t knock you out and bring you here, nor did I make a threat to Equestria. I’m just… a guy… I guess… I don’t know, I was just sitting here and you fell in here! Oh, jeez, please don’t magically skewer me, I need all my organs in their current working condition!!”

She didn’t advance, but she didn’t back down either, and she still looked suspicious and upset. “And how do we know we can trust you? You do still know a lot about us, and we only have your word. Not knowing what manner of creature you are, we cannot just accept your word at hoof.”

I gotta admit, she’s a smart lady. “Yeah, those are all good points, and I don’t think I’d trust me in this situation either, but I’m telling the truth, I swear! I give you my honor, I don’t have any plans against the crown, and I’m just a normal dude. I cant speak for the rest of humanity, but I keep my honor. I’m a good guy! I’ll even show you how I know about Equestria!”

She seemed to buy that, thank Celestia. She took a less… offensive stance, and her horn stopped glowing. “Fine. Show us how you know so much about us. Or else we may have to ‘magically skewer’ you,” she said with the faintest hint of a smirk. Wonderful, she has a sense of humor. About killing me.

I had to take a second to calm down. I felt like I was going to hurl, an dmy trash can was full of old take out containers. All I needed now was for something else to go wrong, and I’d be primed for a breakdown.
Knock-knock-knock.

Oh, that is bull.