• Published 20th Oct 2012
  • 1,050 Views, 15 Comments

War - Vetnern



Equestria was once a peaceful place, but when they came... Everything changed!

  • ...
2
 15
 1,050

III. The Army Rises (New)

The clouds rise as an army of changelings slowly ascend from nowhere, the night was dark and gloomy. Every step they took caused the animals to shudder in disgust, Chrysalis let out a deep slow roar causing the trees in the surrounding area to cry like little bitches. Princess Celestia and Twilight follow briskly, making sure they kept close watch on the changelings.

"We are almost there, young Skywalker." Said Celestia, causing Twilight to raise an eyebrow in concern.

"Skywalker?" Replied Twilight, laughing at Celestia's sudden outburst of nonsense.

"I'm sorry, my student. I really do need to stop watching those damn Hoof Wars movies" Celestia chuckled as her thoughts trailed to the time she watched that porno where that one guy had a lightsaber dild- you get the picture.

"I don't mean to interrupt you, but we are walking in the wrong direction" Chrysalis quickly pointed out the obvious by pointing her hoof in a north westerly direction.

"No shit, I was planning this the whole time. It was going to be a surprise but you ruined it for everyone." Boomed Celestia

Chrysalis said nothing and simply cowered in fear.

After a long time of pointlessly backtracking, the group of mares found the right way to go.


Hours of walking later and quite a lot of Changelings down due to sheer laziness, they arrived at there set destination.

"So you really think he will help us, after all the pain and neglect you put him through?" Asked Twilight as they walked up to the lone house in the middle of nowhere.

"If he refuses, I shall have to force him. We need all the help we can help" Replied Celestia.

Celestia gave three loud knocks on the door, after a moment of standing there waiting for an answer she tried again.

"Discord, we know you are in there" She shouted

"Leave me in peace Celestia, I want nothing more to do with your sick obsession" Discord shouted back, a small grin appeared on her face at these words.

"This matter is of far greater importance, Discord." She said trying to peer though the window of the house, a small spider landed on her nose. "Oh fuck, get it off, get it off!" she screamed, waving her hooves around frantically.

A small click was heard and the door creaked open, Discord slowly appeared from the dusty shadows.

"What is it you wish to speak to me about?" He asked, chuckling at Celestia who was now in panic searching for the spider which was just on her nose.

"Ehehe- Anyways. We would like you to join our army, Discord. Ponyville has been attacked and we are now at the brink of war" She asked rubbing the back of her neck, still trying to find that spider.

"War you say?" He questioned with a smirk on his face. "And who might you be at war with?" He added, snapping his fingers to summon a kettle filled with tea.

"We don't know, but they killed Fluttershy" She replied, giving the others a concerned look

Discord's face dropped, he dropped his cup and it collided with the floor, spilling tea all over his lovely dust ridden flowers. He clenched his fists and gritted his teeth, a fury of rage could be seen in his eyes.

"They killed my only friend, I'll never let them get away with this. You have me as your ally Celestia, we will make them pay for everything." He stuttered, trying to hide his depressive tears.

"Thank you Discord, we could use all the help we can get" Celestia's face content with glee right now.

"Your very welcome Celestia, but can I ask why Chrysalis is here?" He asked, leaning slightly to the left to look at Chrysalis who was gazing at the floor scuffing at the ground with her hoof.

"Like I said, we can use all the help we can get" She replied happily, Chrysalis looked up at these words and smiled.

"Even if she is a total bitch" Her face dropped yet again as Celestia laughed at these words.

"There is one more stop on our list, Princess." Said twilight unrolling a small scroll.

"Sombra!" Said Celestia, her voice quivered in fear at that name. With that, Discord snapped his fingers yet again to summon a portal.

"Let us travel first class, Princess" He gestured with a bow. The Princess chuckled as they all stepped into the portal and were transported to the outskirts of The Crystal Empire.


Everypony's jaw dropped as they came face to face with a giant cube, it was sitting just outside of the city. There were strange symbols scatter all over the cube. As they looked beyond it the could see the flames and smoke coming from the wasteland known as The Crystal Empire.

"Look's like they hit The Empire pretty hard" Sighed Discord, he quickly vanished and appeared on top of the cube. "Look's the same up here as it does on any other side" He added.

"I'm guessing the cube has to be opened manually" Asked Twilight, also examining the giant cube.

"My thoughts exactly, my dear Twilight" Replied Celestia with a sigh of despair.

At that moment Celestia's horn began glowing bright, a letter suddenly appeared before her eyes. As she scanned through it's contents she gave a long deep sigh.

"What's wrong Princess?" asked Twilight, walking over to her mentor.

"What I feared the most has happened, Spike has gave me notice of several cubes appearing all over Equestria. They don't appear to be doing anything at the moment, just staying idle as if they were waiting for something" Celestia was sharply interrupted by Chrysalis.

"Or someone" She said with a frown.

Celestia raised a hoof and quickly slapped Chrysalis across the face. "Bitch, do not interrupt me while I am giving the reader information about whatever the fuck is going on here." She shouted. The blow was so powerful it caused Chrysalis to collapse to the floor.

"You didn't have to hit me, Celestia" She screamed in pain, rubbing her cheek furiously,

The act of violence was quickly halted by a deep voice.

"What is the meaning of this" Shouted Sombra, black flames covering his entire body. His horn gave a sinister black shine as he stepped toward the group from the snowy fog.

"Please, let me explain Ex- King Sombra" Discord said with a snigger, Sombra giving him an evil glare. "A new crisis is threatening all of Equestria and we honestly don't have a clue what it is" He added while shrugging his shoulders.

"We need your help in defeating this threat to restore balance to this world" Celestia gave Sombra the scroll in which she had been sent. He scanned through it quickly and then averted his gaze back to Celestia.

"Have their been any casualties thus far?" He asked, causing discord to begin checking the cube again.

"Only one, The Element of Kindness was brutally tortured to extract information about us" She replied with sorrow.

"Then I shall join your cause and we will win this war in which we know nothing about. But I have one question to ask first" He said, his eyes narrowing with a serious look on his face.

"Ask away, Sombra." She replied

"If I am to help, I will need you to release the spell your loyal Elements placed upon me to stop me using my powers" His hoof extended, a neutral look still present on his face. "Do we have a deal?" He added.

Celestia thought about this decision before turning to Twilight.

"Princess, I think it's safe to say we can trust him And like you said, we need all the help we can get" Twilight reassured her by placing a hoof on her shoulder.

"Alright Sombra, you can have full use of your powers" Celestia's horn glowed with a bright white aura, a beam of light enveloped itself around Sombra and moments later, faded away.

"Thank you, Celestia" He said, still holding that damn neutral expression. (Seriously, this guy doesn't even blink... Creeps me out.)

"Let's just get back to Ponyville. We have much to plan if we are to win this and Chrysalis, I need you to take your Changelings to the Pool of Mirrors. This is going to be our only advantage" Celestia said as Discord conjured up another portal for Ponyville.

"Changelings, roll out" Commanded Chrysalis, she was painfully slapped by Celestia again.

"For christ's sake, do you know what would happen if Hasbro caught you saying shit like that" She shouted.

"I'm sorry" Groaned Chrysalis, delicately rubbing her cheek.