• Published 20th Oct 2012
  • 1,047 Views, 15 Comments

War - Vetnern



Equestria was once a peaceful place, but when they came... Everything changed!

  • ...
2
 15
 1,047

I. Twilights Big Announcement

As we... I mean you. Gaze upon the vast land of Equestria, you suddenly think to yourself. Why is the writer not writing about war and explosions. It's because I have yet to begin my tale of 'Cool Shit' and 'Random outbursts'. As I was saying... Something about Equestria... Vast... Ponies everywhere, you know the deal here. We begin by slightly turning our head to the left... and down about 60%. Can you see it yet?

"Come on, Applebloom! We're late for Twilight's big announcement," said Applejack, her sister falling behind.

"Applejack...Slow...down," replied Applebloom, slowing down to catch her breath.

Applejack stops and glares at her sister, "We ain't even left the house yet, and you're gaspin' for air."

The clouds get blown away as a familiar blue Pegasus launches her way towards Ponyville, she is carrying Fluttershy under her right arm, who is both confused and terrified.

"I told you six times already! Twilight has some sort of big announcement," said Rainbow Dash

"But can't we slow down?" stuttered Fluttershy.

"We can't hold her up Flutters- Whoa!" Rainbow Dash narrowly avoids flying directly into a thunder cloud. "We'll be there in no time," she added.

Princess Celestia is walking through Canterlot to make her way to the announcement, she stares at the sky. "There's change in the air... Is this your doing Twilight?" she had a strange feeling that something bad was going to happen.

As the ponies begin to flood the town centre, tension begins to rise.amongst them, that might have been because they were very tightly squeezed together or it was probably Twilights big announcement. Twilight steps up on a podium and begins to tell the whole town her big announcement.

"Well as you may or may not have heard, I have an announcement to make," she scans the faces of her audience, many look on in anticipation. "I've been having discussions with Princess Celestia about a new library opening in Los Pegasis. They need someone to run the place and could think of no-one better than myself," the crowd of ponies begin to become concerned. "I'll be leaving Ponyville at the end of the week," the entire town square gasp in shock. they stare at Scootaloo, her balloon just popped. Rainbow Dash flies up out of the crowd and comes face to face with Twilight.

"You can't just leave, you're like... the coolest friend I have," she said, giving a whimpering lip and an upset facial expression didn't count for shit when Twilight Sparkle was around.

"There are plenty of people cooler than me, Rainbow Dash!" Twilight now becoming agitated with Dash's close presence. "Rainbow Dash, It's my job to keep things organized. I promise I'll come back," she said with a smile.

"Fine!" replied Rainbow Dash, "But, no hugs for you!" she crossed arms and flew off leaving Twilight feeling rather upset. She stepped off the podium and walked back to her library, head hung in disappointment.

She arrives at her home and opens the door, she steps inside and is greeted by the warm face of Spike. "Not right now Spike Can you take a letter?" she asked, the look of disappointment still there. "Sure can do" he replied.

"Dear, Princess Celestia. You yourself told me to learn the importance of friendship. But what good is friendship when you choose to leave your friends behind.", "Uh... Twilight" said Spike, "Not now Spike, continue writing" she replied. "There's no need to write, she's right here" He rolled up his scroll and departed from the area, "Is something troubling you, Twilight?" asked Celestia, "Yeah... Kinda. I just don't want to leave all my friends behind" replied Twilight, Celestia gave her a reassuring nod.

She walked over to the window and gazed up at the sky again, "You feel it too. Don't you?" she turned her head to twilight, "What do you suppose it is?" replied Twilight who was walking to the window to take a look. "Change... I hope for the best, it's the kind of change we need" said Celestia, "Me too" replied Twilight, staring at the sky.

"Unfortunately, no one has the potential organizing skills to run such a big library. Las Pegasus, could really use someone like you. Have a think about it and let me know what you decide upon" Celestia said as she leaved for Canterlot, "And Twilight. You should ask your friends if they would like to join you" she added. And with that, she was gone.

Twilight had come a decision, discussing this with her friends first and then deciding was the best option. She set out to Sweet Apple Acre's to talk to Applejack, when she arrived she saw Big Mac carrying apples. "Have you seen Applejack?" asked Twilight, "Yup" he replied, pointing toward the back of the farm. "Thanks", she quickly made her way to the back, she stopped at the door and knocked, Applejack peeked out through the door.

"Oh hey Twilight, what can I do ya for?" Applejack was now dragging hay to a pile just beyond the door. "I've been having doubts about going to Las Pegasus". Applejack quickly popped her head out of the door again, "Now, don't let us stop you from doing what you love, Twilight. If you don't like it, just come back". Twilight gave her a nod, "You know where I could find Rainbow Dash?" asked Twilight. "I ain't seen her since I was at the town centre. I'm sure Pinkie Pie knows, she's always begging Rainbow Dash to make cupcakes or something", replied Applejack. "Thanks" said Twilight, turning to leave. "Wait!" Twilight turned to Applejack. "Look. If I don't make it back to Ponyville, I wish you all-" Twilight wrapped her arms around Applejack, "I promise I'll come back AJ. And when I do... I'll never leave, you are amazing friends. I'd do anything for you guys" Twilight said her goodbyes and left the farm.

On the way to Sugar Cube Corner, she came across Fluttershy. "Hey Fluttershy, have you seen Rainbow Dash?". Fluttershy just walked right by her, as if she wasn't even there. "That's weird" Twilight thought to herself.

She arrived at Sugar Cube Corner and opened the door, "NO!", Poundcake flew out of the door. Immediately followed by Pinkie Pie, "Have you seen Rainbow Dash?" Twilight Asked. "Yeah, she's over at Fluttershy's place". replied Pinkie Pie, running after a mischievous Poundcake.

Becoming rather frustrated with the whereabouts of Rainbow Dash, Twilight eventually arrives at Fluttershy's house. She knocks on the door, Fluttershy answers. "Oh, hi Twilight. Come inside". Twilight enters and see's Rainbow Dash sitting in a futon reading a Daring Doo book. "Rainbow Dash, I need to talk to you", Rainbow Dash looks up from her book, "What" she snapped. Twilight is rather shocked by her reply, "I don't want you to feel bad about me leaving. I will be back" she said with a smile. "Save it, Twilight." she continues to read her book, "You'll probably just forget about us" she added. "But I-...". Twilight tried to speak, Rainbow Dash closed her book and and rolled over, "Just go, Twilight" she sad.

Twilight sighs and leaves Fluttershy's home, she looks up at the sky. "It's getting late, guess I better head home.". As she arrived at her house she could hear noises coming from inside, the door opens and she quickly hides around the corner. "It's not here" said a strange voice, "Make sure the blue one doesn't find out", they added. "What shall I do with the dragon?" replied a second voice, "Bring him. If we need answers we will use him". A loud bang was heard and everything fell silent. Twilight peered around the corner, she saw the coast was clear and she bolted into her home. "What in Celestia is going on?" she wondered.