• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 2,142 Views, 33 Comments

Trixie - Saviour of all Equestria. What, you don't believe Trixie? - Fimbulvinter



Trixie realises her destiny as the most powerful unicorn in Equestria

  • ...
4
 33
 2,142

Epilogue

High atop the tallest spire of Canterlot Castle, a solitary figure watched the proceedings below with great interest. Ixion looked down at the defeated figure of Chrysalis and the pathetic delegation of changelings that had come to collect her. That something as insignificant as a mere changeling, even a queen could cause such havoc and devastation to the kingdoms capital spoke volumes about how ready Celestia was to deal with a real threat. Sure, there would be a token increase in alertness, but Ixion had waited for centuries; he could afford to wait again.

Even if Celestia had both the Elements of Harmony and the other two Elemental Lords at her disposal, she would not be able to stop him when he began his own bid for power in earnest. The Scion of Ice had mastered her powers far faster than he had expected, but that was no matter to him. All it would take was a little extra planning, the acquisition of a couple of highly ranked members of the court to his plan and of course, an ‘accidental’ disaster to distract the fawning public and Ixion would be ready; Ready to take the throne that wasn’t his by right.

Soon Celestia would grovel at his hooves and beg for mercy before his army. Soon Luna would be his bride and together they would return her to her true nature as Nightmare Moon. Together they would rule this land in an iron shod hoof. They would be unstoppable.

And once Nightmare Moon had exhausted her usefulness to him… well then he would just have to assume the heavy mantle of ruling alone. Nightmare Moon’s lifeforce would grant him life eternal and command over the entire heavens.


His milky eyes gleamed as he looked down over the city. Oblivious ponies scurried about like the ants that they were. Soon they would fall over each other trying to be the first to pay tribute to Ixion’s majesty

Yes, it was all coming together perfectly. And he had a certain blue showmare to thank for all of it…

Author's Note:

And, done.

Took a little longer than I expected, but this story is finally done.
It's been an interesting ride doing this story. Hopefully you all found it to be interesting as well.

Thanks to all who chipped in with suggestions, comments or even just a word of praise.

Spotted a plot point that still seems to be randomly left open? have a burning desire to know what happened to a particular character? Leave a comment and I will address any issues I come across.

Until next time my loyal readers.
Stay Frosty
~ Fimbulvinter

Comments ( 7 )

You've got a good story here and I really enjoyed most of it but it kinda fell apart a bit for me during the invasion. It happened almost exactly like it had before and Celestia didn't seem to have done anything about it, plus in the other story you established that she had taken some precautions like her guards had trained with the stunning spells but none of that seemed to be shown at all in this one. It kinda makes Celestia come off as very naive, since it makes it look like she went "It was horrible when this happened before, lets not change anything and hope it doesn't happen again."
I would also recommend cutting out or at least modifying the lines she says when they are following the trail of bodies, about how her guards hadn't been trained to do what it looked like had been done to the changelings. I know you wanted to show how she has love for all life but it seems rather silly for them to even have weapons if they aren't really prepared to use them. Plus in the last story you made it sound like they had been trained to fight and fight pretty well with them, as what happened when Fleur and Shining Armor sparred. Pretty much all my complaints had to do with the castle being taken so easily again. It rubbed me the wrong way. Big battles are very hard to do well since they take allot of planning.

The only other thing that stuck out for me was how Twilight was suddenly in love with Trixie, I know that wasnt really the main focus but I think just going with attraction and building from there could have added more depth to the relationship. I've seen way too many stories pull the sudden love thing and in turn that takes away some of the most interesting moments and drama from the characters building a relationship together.

2448549 I wasn't trying to be subtle there.

2448757 Why do your replies never show up in my notifications?

2449119 Don't know. Notifications have been kinda odd since the major site overhaul a month or so ago. I'm still being told that comments I have replied to are unread and the mark all as read button appears to be there for decoration

hoping for a sequel please let it happen.... or have happened and i overlooked it

7724638 no sequel as of yet. It got lost in the 'one day' pile.

Loved this so much!

Login or register to comment