• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 1,535 Views, 72 Comments

Dear Rainbow Dash - fluttershywriter



Scootaloo records her move to Cloudsdale in a series of unsent letters to Rainbow Dash.

  • ...
1
 72
 1,535

August 29

Dear Rainbow Dash,

Wanna know what I've been doing for the last couple of days? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Wake up, eat, hang around, eat again, take tour after tour of the thrilling city of Cloudsdale, hang out, eat, ignore the arguing of Momma and Daddy, sleep. Whoop-dee-doo. I'm only writing this because it takes up time, and I feel like if I focus hard enough, I might be able to block out their voices.

Grandma doesn't seem to appreciate the fact that Momma and Daddy are constantly shouting, but it's not like she can do anything. Once when I asked Momma if she could lower her voice, she screamed at me instead of Daddy for a couple of minutes lesson learned: go out crusading when they're angry. Of course, I can't do that any longer, so I walk around Cloudsdale or stay in my room.

I miss Sweetie Belle and Applebloom. I know that you've probably already assumed that, but its's the truth. I can't get through ten minutes without thinking about them and worrying if they miss me or not.

You know what? They're gonna get their cutie marks without me, and I'm gonna be left a stupid blank flank for the rest of my life. I can feel it! I knew that this was going to be the year that we got our cutie marks all together, but I guess that that's not happening any time soon. Some days, I'm almost tempted to send Applebloom and Sweetie Belle a letter, just so they know my address and can tell me all their cool ideas for getting their cutie marks. Maybe they'd even save up enough bits to get a chariot up here! Or maybe you could fly them up here!

There I go again, fantasizing. I know that I'll never send them a letter, because it would be humiliating. Maybe then they'd tell their sisters, and then they'd tell you, and it would get complicated.

Do other fillies and foals know what's happened to me?

Do you even know about what's happening to me?

Do you even care?

Argh. I'm on this again. I need to get my mind off of this.

Okay, so speaking of other fillies and foals, schools starts in a few days. I hate to admit it, but I'm scared. Since Cloudsdale has an all-pegasus population, I've heard that the schoolwork is more flight-centric. Especially gym class—somehow, I'm doubting that there's loopty-hoop and scooter lessons at this snobby Cloudsdale school. I'm gonna die.

Maybe I'm being too negative. You know, Rainbow Dash, this could be a really good thing, Maybe I'll FINALLY learn how to fly—after all, there are flight lessons. But it's more likely that this is going to be one huge disaster. All the other fillies and foals will already know how to fly, and I'll be the one behind everypony else. Maybe there's some stupid rule about how you can't walk at all and there's only flying allowed, so I'll get expelled after day one. (Is that really a bad thing, though? It's not like I want to be at this school . . .)

Please don't tell me to try to talk to somepony. I think we all know how those conversations would go. Momma would claim that she's too busy to talk, and Daddy would just flat-out refuse to talk. Then I'd try to talk to Grandma, but she'd be hopelessly encouraging and disgustingly sappy. I don't think I'd be able to take all of her mushy, "encouraging" words. Barf.

So who does that leave now, Dash? (Am I allowed to call you that, or is it too informal?)

Sweetie Belle and Applebloom? They're in Ponyville. And so is everypony else that I like.

Dizzy Breeze? Ha! Fat chance. If I can't swing on "her swing," I'm not gonna tell her about how my family's short of bits.

So . . . who does that leave? All I can do it spill my guts on this piece of Grandma's stationery. I know it's disgustingly cheesy, but what else am I supposed to do?

Forget it. Now I'm just writing to waste time. Momma and Daddy have stopped yelling, anyway. I'm going to walk downstairs and talk to one of them so they can't start yelling again.

From Scootaloo