• Published 1st Jan 2012
  • 653 Views, 9 Comments

A Darkness Falls - molporgnier



A new pony comes to town, and no one knows who he is, not even himself.

  • ...
2
 9
 653

Night

Twilight Sparkle hung her head in exhaustion. Another day of relentless studying left her physically and mentally drained. She laggedly made her way up what seemed to be mountains rather than stairs, every hoofstep further draining her already dry reserve of energy. The sheets were just extra buffer for the already comfortable mattress. The moment her head hit the duck feather pillow, did she fly into deepest sleep.


She stood in a field, the vividness of this resting hallucination startled her; it felt as if she had moved into a different plane of existence. The light of the sun was sickly, giving a pale white tint to everything. Endless seas of green surrounded her, a tiny purple dot; no trees, no bushes, no wind. The calm world had an odd warmth to it. Like she wanted to be here, like she needed to. For hours she wandered, taking in the pure peace of it. No matter how long the stretch of time had been it was all still enamoring. But there is calm before the storm.

Twilight felt, emerging within herself, a sort of paranoia. First just a bit of glancing behind her, feeling she wasn't alone. It was only a trick of the eye, But it grew. It grew until she simply ran, and ran until she couldn't run anymore. As the fatigue caught up with her, the tiny mare's body became drenched in sweat. She stood for what seemed like days, until the grass began to move. To engulf her. The sickening light flowing into a malevolent dark.

The poor child's eyes opened into a small stone room. Suffocation, violent red lights flashing streaks across her periphery. She used a light spell, only to feel her horn fizzle before even an ounce of light was produced.
A small voice whispered in her head. Echoes of a terrible cackle rang through the small room. Her ears stung from the pain. A single light pierced through the veil of dark, illuminating a massive mirror. Twilight did not so much walk, as was translated towards it. In the shining of the flood lights she found sollice, but in the mirror she found a newer horror.

First she found the colt she had met earlier that day, his manic, bloodshot eyes now relaxed and calm; his black coat and red mane now a stark white. Then she blinked. A filly Twilight looked back at her with a sort of adventure in her eyes, like the world had discoveries ad infintinium. Then she blinked. Twilight saw no change in the mirror, but felt much more withered, a hoof against her face revealed the wrinkles. She could feel every single groove upon her face, lick against gums that had no more teeth. Then she blinked. And she realized she was alone, she realized she couldn't wake up.

Comments ( 4 )

Will get more in after work.

Comment posted by Hoover deleted Oct 30th, 2013
Comment posted by STURKDEL deleted Oct 30th, 2013

HAHAH ME! Looks like we can't do that! NOW WHAT YOU GONNA DO!?

Login or register to comment