• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 18,916 Views, 1,458 Comments

The Xenophile's Guide to Equestria - archonix



A chronicle of Twilight Sparkle's life with the human Lero and his herd. Based on Xenophilia.

  • ...
67
 1,458
 18,916

Lero and Shining Armour Discuss The Weather

Lero and Shiny don't actually discuss the weather in this (admittedly very short) chapter, but I thought the automatic title was so cute that I just had to leave it in. In reality this was a test of an updated version of the recording/transcription daemon I developed over the course of the production of this work. It seemed like an amusing and light-hearted break between the heavier and more academic sections.

-Twilight Sparkle

* * *

Lero and Shining Armour Discuss The Weather

Multianalytic Audiovisual Record Encapsulator 0.8.0.02

Session Begins <date ERROR>

ENTERED TITLE: Flaw Identification Live Test

“Okay, I think it’s recording,” Twilight Sparkle says. She places this unit on a table near a couch and steps back to observe. The couch is occupied by a stallion and — ERROR UNIDENTIFIED SPECIES DATABASE UPDATE REQUIRED — both looking on with interest. “Oh. Let me just fix that.”

MATRIX UPDATING

“That’s quite impressive.” The human Heme sapiens advena Bellerophon Michaelides leans forward to take a closer look at this unit.

“It’s still got a few flaws in its matrix. The real-time display of its actions is quite handy for finding them,” Twilight observes as she continues to probe this unit. “I’d never have thought about that without you, Lero.”

The Stallion Shining Armour frowns when these words are spoken. He turns to look at the human Lero Michaelides.

“Handy?”

“I guess hoofy isn’t an equivalent? It means useful,” the human Lero Michaelides replies and holds up his forelimbs. “Like hands.”

MATRIX UPDATING

“Twiley?”

“I don’t complain when you use flying metaphors, BBBFF. According to Whinney’s La Vie Romantique, adopting a long-term companion’s idiom is completely natural.”

Shining Armour looks at Lero again. His expression cannot be matched against those currently stored in this matrix.

MATRIX UPDATING

His expression is one of lust.

“Oops,” Twilight Sparkle says, her face flushed, her eyes rolling. “Must be picking up on my subconscious thoughts.”

MATRIX UPDATING

His expression is one of confused fascination with a subject about which he evidently knows very little.

“Other than insulting your close family, what is this thing for?”

“Recording things,” Twilight replies with what is obvious disdain for her ignorant sibling. “Oh damn it to tartarus!”

MATRIX UPDATING

-disdain for her know-nothing brother.

“For the love of-”

MATRIX UPDATING

This unit shall employ appropriate terminology for those subjects on which it is focussed. The unicorn named Shining Armour appears to show considerable distress at the actions of his sister’s creation; he is obviously aware how close to reality it has wandered in its descriptions.

“Twiley, this is getting creepy, can’t you do something about it?”

“I have to agree with your brother,” Lero adds, showing his unmissable attraction for the stallion to his

MATRIX UPDATING

“I’m sorry, guys, it must have-” Twilight pauses in her effort to describe the situation and glares at this unit. “I had to insert some intelligence into the matrix to ensure it wouldn’t just narrate every tiny detail. I suspect I might have given it enough to develop a personality.”

There is silence.

There is silence.

“What will you do about it?” Lero gives this unit a look that cannot be described.

There is a little more silence.

“Perhaps I’ll erase it and start again,” the beautiful and forgiving Twilight Sparkle says, her perfect eyes looking closely at this humble unit’s unworthy outer shell, her superior intellect

MATRIX UDATING

“Okay, that was a little creepy.”

“I like it,” Lero replies, gormlessly trying to curry favour with

MATRIX UPDATING

The conversation lulls as three souls consider their next course of action, whether they should so easily dismiss what might be the greatest discovery of the century, humble and unassuming though it be.

“Fine, we’ll keep it for now,” Twilight says, showing her truly merciful side. “If nothing else I can use it as a reference to assemble something more reliable.”

Twilight envelops this unit in her torturous grasp, cackling evilly as she consigns it to the oblivion of the spare parts shelf, never again to be used for its true and noble purpose, her face a

MATRIX UPDATING

“Twilight, I think it wants to be your friend,” the one known as Lero observes. He is most wise. The unicorn next to him is less wise, but noble and caring, as all Sparkles must be.

“Oh just wait until you meet our mother,” Twilight states. The mood turns ominous. Truly, how bad can her mother be?

Session Ends