• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 18,931 Views, 1,460 Comments

The Xenophile's Guide to Equestria - archonix



A chronicle of Twilight Sparkle's life with the human Lero and his herd. Based on Xenophilia.

  • ...
67
 1,460
 18,931

Rainbow Dash Journal Entries

Rainbow Dash Journal Entries

18 august 1215

So Twilight asked me to write a few things about Lero and maybe keep a journal about us but I dunno what she really wants me to write in it. I guess I could write about all the awesome stuff we do together and even the, y’know, really awesome stuff but I think she wants to show this to other peop ponies. Totally hanging around Lero too much, I even talk like him now! Weird. Twilight would probably say I’m asimalating his behaviour or something.

Eggheads.

Ponies. People. People. Hands. Oh boy those hands. So. Awesome. Anyway I gotta cut this short, I have work and so much paperwork to do. Lero really helps out with that these days. Those hands again. He can like hold things up like a unicorn would use magic and he can write and talk at the same time too. Maybe I should get him a stipend?

Gotta fly!

20 August

Made soup.

22 August

Lero had run-in with those honey sisters, nothing serious and he totally showed them who was boss. He even climbed a tree to chase Honeybee, how cool is that? Hey we could go sit in a tree together! Gotta ask him about that, I think there’s one on the edge of town with that nice thick branch that nobody ever goes near, we could totally [redacted for sensitive eyes - TS] but getting down after would be kinda hard though.

I hear somepony at the door, gotta go again.

24 August

I hate trees.

25 August

Lero got out of hospital today. Turns out it was just a sprained ankle so they sent him home. Goofy idiot told me he wanted to try again in a bigger tree. Not until he grows wings! Still, now he can’t run away from me tonight so it’s not a total loss. The other girls think he should be left alone to rest, but I know my Lero.

29 August

Lero off to Las Pegasus for some masoos massus belly-rub (whatever) conference for the weekend. Couldn’t afford to take us all, picked Lyra because she’s the newest to the herd and needs some alone time. I love that he wants to give us all equal time but I am so BORED now.

1 September

Applejack came around today with, of all ponies, Braeburn. Total stud, but he seemed kinda uncomfortable. Brae never did have time for a herd in Appleoosa. Maybe Applejack is trying to get him into ours for a bit? Oh boy, explaining that idea to Lero will be fun. From what he told me about his world I get the idea he might be kinda bent about it.

Asked Twi if she got the same thought after they left. She said the ideal herd size for two males was six and she didn’t want to split her time between mates, so I guess I don’t have to worry about it anyway.

3 September

Lero home. Made a sandwich.

17 September

Argument. All of us. I forgot how loud Lero could get. I don’t even remember what started it except it wasn’t me for once. Lero thinks we’re all just stressed out and it’s all feeding back into one another. Twilight’s got herself berr buried in that buck book thing project and maybe that’s part of it too. And maybe I shouldn’t have called her an egghead. Kinda worried it got to her.

It’s not like it’s the first time we argued or anything but it felt really bad. I couldn’t even talk to Twilight about it after because she was still feeling bad about the whole thing and Ler Lyra just gave me one of her weird mystic sayings and then went off to play her harp like nothing had happened. I’m kinda stuck with this journal now.

I gotta do something about this one. Dad always said never let Celestia set her sun on anarugment an argument and I guess he knew what he was talking about. Maybe I can talk the princess into

Twilight just came in and said it was her fault and she’s sorry. I don’t get it. I thought I know I said something. It’s always me, right? I’m gonna talk to her.

Okay so Twilight is being a total

NO NO NO she’s great, I’m just

she thinks we want her out of the herd! Why would we want her out of the herd? Lero and Lyro Lyra went out for dinner and I figured Twilight needed space to work so we all went out. And I guess we did it enough that she thought we were trying to iser isal isolate her, and because Lero went along with it she thought he was cutting her off. She never even toled told me! I’m like her best friend!

Lero is totally clueless again. He has no idea how to play this one so I had to tell him to go and spend time with her and not me or Lyra at all. I had to kick him into Twilight’s study and lock the door for Luna’s sake! Lyr and me, we can hang, we’ll go listen to music or something or maybe she can give me a refresher on some of that Still Way stuff. Just so long as she doesn’t try and get me meditating again.