• Published 17th Oct 2012
  • 29,370 Views, 1,043 Comments

Twilight Sparkle: History's Greatest Monster - PotatoJoe



Waking up in the bed of an alternate universe you that is a supervillain can be hard.

  • ...
46
 1,043
 29,370

Mareodynamics

Twilight let the words ring around in her head for a little bit.

Then, she danced a jig.

Discord was obviously confused by this, and dancing in a dark room when broken glass is around your hooves is generally asking for comical injuries, but it had to happen. Twilight had to celebrate.

“Whoo! Yes! I’m not evil!” she cheered, shaking it as it ought not be shook. “I knew something was wrong with everything! But now it all makes sense! The me from this world went evil because of of you, not because-”

“-you are the worst pony?” interjected Discord, trying to shield his eyes from her so called “moves”. This statement brought Twilight to a pause - then to a panic as the cessation of motion nearly sent her tumbling over onto the broken casserole. After she had stabilized, he continued. “Because it wasn’t I, if you can believe it, who made you, you. And, I dare say, I couldn’t make a pony as truly horrid as you if I tried.”

“Liar,” Twilight spat out immediately. She knew who/what she was talking to. Discord would obviously start trying to manipulate her, like he had in her world.

“No, its true,” sighed Discord, the glass fogging up at his exhalation. “You don’t even have to take my word for it. Ask when you had my statue removed from the garden, where I was sharing a pedestal with my fellow immortals. Because it was a week ago.”

“... a week...” said Twilight, not believing him. At least, not wanting to. She lacked the data to either support or deny his statement, meaning it was only a feeling... but....

“And this beautiful chemistry brewing between us? Brand new, as of the moment you broke the curse that kept me motionless,” he continued, twitching his limbs slightly. “It’s rather odd, really. Normally, being cramped like this would be a horrible fate, but now I can at least wiggle. If it wasn’t for the fact I am being slowly melted alive, I would have to say it was an improvement.”

“A week?” said Twilight again. Her moment of joy had been totally crushed. She knew that Evil Twilight had ruled this world for years - so if it was only a week, there was no way that Discord had done this to her.

“I see you are one of those slow-witted heroes who parrots villains’ shocking statements,” moaned Discord, rolling his eyes to the heavens. “Please, at least tell me you don’t have to scream and hover in order to power up your magic - yes, it has only been one week. Of being boiled alive. I am blameless, innocent, magnificent, and not culpable for anything gone wrong in this world. Now, if you’ll let me out-”

“No.”

“-then I’ll send you back whence you came.”

Twilight trotted over to the burner and turned it off.

“So that’s a yes?” Discord hissed hopefully.

“No.”

Twilight turned and trotted to the door.

“Wait! Wait! Wait,” he called after her. “I can offer more things! This is the part where we bargain! Please!”

“Discord, in my world, you broke out of your statue, nearly destroyed Equestria, and mutilated and enchanted my friends.”

“...ah,” sighed Discord, wincing. “So, I take it that that roguish devil left you rather... put off from draconequus, then?

“Yeah, wasn’t a good start.”

“Well, at the risk of sounding needy and repetitive, let me out and we can start anew. Or at least, you know, stay here.”

She could tell that Discord had swallowed some of his pride with that last sentence. And he seemed lonely, bored, and rather pathetic. Twilight didn’t even bother looking back as she shut the secret door, not willing to risk exposure to Discord to feed some misplaced feeling of mercy.


“Your wonderfulness,” said Trixie, appearing at Twilight’s side as Twilight ambled aimlessly, trying to find the dungeons. Twilight was starting to feel tired - the armor she was wearing was rather heavy. “We’ve readied the torture rooms - as soon as you are ready, we can begin on that rascally rebel.”

Twilight mmm’d, choosing a neutral statement. She was tired, shell shocked, and hungry, so she needed to be careful; watch what she said and not sending any messages that could be misconstrued.

“I must say, Lord Librarian,” Trixie said, slinking closer as they trotted. Twilight was starting to feel a little uneasy with the look that was forming on Trixie’s face. “I-I can’t wait to see what you do to her. Whenever I’ve watched you torment a prisoner, it’s been so... magical. So wonderful, to watch your hooves and horn at work.”

Twilight looked away to hide her bulging eyes. Really? Trixie would just say that, in a hall, to Twilight? How would Evil Twilight react? Blueblood had been rather forward, but hadn’t reacted to her not reacting. Would reacting or not reacting give her away now, or would her inability to control her reactions do that?

“A-and I have to say, Lord Librarian.” Trixies breath was now drifting past Twilight’s armored ear, the warmness wafting the smell of epimedium. “T-that... I’ve always wanted... to... I’ve always dreamed of...”

Twilight was too shocked by what was happening to realize where she was walking and ran nose first into a pillar.

“Lord Librarian!” burst Trixie, looking shocked.

“Ow!” moaned Twilight, having fallen back on her haunches while she rubbed her aching nose. Of course, it was one of the few places that wasn’t completely armored - next time, she’d have to wear the faceplate with her armor as well. It was simply impractical to leave such an obvious target open. “Sorry, sorry, I was distracted. I was thinking about a-a... plot! I was thinking about plots!”

Trixies ears twitched.

“I-I mean I was plotting about you! Thinking about you! I mean, thinking about what you were asking while thinking about a plot!”

Judging by the dilation of Trixie’s eyes, her flustered smile, and the rising sexual tension between them, Twilight’s attempts to salvage the situation were going as badly as she thought they were.

“I’ll start tutoring you in torture spells!” Twilight babbled, mouth racing to try and fix the situation. “Because that’s what you wanted, right?”

“Spells - er, yes!” stuttered Trixie, looking both heartbroken and weirdly excited. “Yes, Lord Librarian, that is exactly what I was going to ask you to do to me. I mean, for me.”

“Ha.” Twilight was only able to chuckle out a single forced, static chuckle as she stood. “Yes, for you.”

“Yes,” replied Trixie, looking to the side.

There was an awkward pause as they stood together.

“I’ve... got to go. You know, torture and murder and maim, the usual,” said Twilight, pointing a hoof at the wall, then at a mirror, and finally down the hall. “So, um, later!”

“Oh! Oh, wait, one, um thing, my Lord,” said Trixie moments before Twilight took her first step. “I did, um, need to know when you wanted to start torturing the captive. The pegasus pinion press has a peculiar piston problem and the probability of predicting performance problems is painstaking and problematic.”

She paused a moment before continuing.

“So, if you need it before tonight, it might not work - we’re trying to fix it, but it will take time,” she finished.

“I don’t need it, so, um, don’t hurry,” replied Twilight, glancing back. Trixie looked nervous and awkward. Reflexively, Twilight gave her a comforting smile. “If I need to press any pinions, I guess I’ll just have to wing it.”

A wicked smile cracked on Trixie’s lips as Twilight snapped her head back forwards, grimacing in horror at what she’d just said.


After a quick lunch - Twilight couldn’t eat, so it was veeeerrry quick - and another trot around the castle to double check the layout, Twilight felt she couldn’t put it off any longer. She had to go see where Celestia’s statue was.

So she elected to put it off a little longer by sneaking down into the dungeons to check on Fluttershy.

A teleport here and a teleport there allowed her to completely bypass every guard and servant, meaning she could avoid any sort of detection. Not that she needed to, but she felt it would be best to start avoiding ponies - she wasn’t going to keep her cover long at the rate things were going.

Fluttershy seemed to be doing well - she was snoring softly on a freshly wrangled cloud. Other prisoners were at least being kept in tolerable, if still dungeonesque, conditions. They had hay and water, most of their limbs, and the unicorn jailers didn’t seem to be inclined to random torture.

Which probably meant Twilight liked to do most of the torturing herself, which was a wonderful burden to bear.

Returning to the surface she dodged around Blueblood and a phalanx of what appeared to be pirates, Trixie, who was berating the servants for not repairing Twilight’s room quick enough, and Derpy, who was allowing the doctors to apply ointment to her charred troops while devouring a platoon’s worth of muffins. Not to mention, innumerable guards, advisors, evildoers, ruffians, a tour group, lowlifes, and a runaway Super Vicious Orphanator Six-Thousand.

She didn’t do much other than dodge - it was surprisingly hard to go places where there weren’t evil ponies eager to kiss her hooves, which was totally gross. Twice she stumbled across a maid who screamed in terror, begged for forgiveness for something, and then when Twilight said nothing was wrong, rushed to kiss Twilight’s hooves. It sent shivers down Twilight’s spine - not the good kind! Not the good kind, more like the kind you got when a frog landed on your face.

In the end, she had to return to the dungeons - it was easier to stay hidden there.

With a weary sigh - her muscles were wobbly from the weight she was bearing and her horn felt like it was hollowing out from all the spellcasting - she slipped down the stairs to the dungeons. She wanted to scream. It was too much. Too much information, too much weirdness, and too much wrongosity. It was only a little after noon and she didn’t have the ability to go on. She needed a break - both in the sense of a short rest and some sort of fortunate occurrence that would redirect her from this state of helplessness.

Glad she was alone, she sat on the stairs with a groan, popped off her helmet, and slumped against the wall.

“Applejack, it just seems silly to stop diggin’ when we’re almos’ there!”

The voice was muffled, but definitely coming through the wall. And it was Big Macintosh. By Celestia, she could even hear the hay stalk swivel as he spoke.

“Mac, the plan is a dud! An’ we don’t know if we’re really close anyways-”

Applejack.

Good old Applejack.

Twilight leapt into the air, feeling giddy and refreshed. Of all the ponies in the world, Applejack was the best possible pony to have run into. Applejack always knew if somepony was lying or being untruthful and Twilight knew herself to be easy to read, if Pinkie Pie’s poker tournament had taught her anything. If she could talk to Applejack, the mare would know Twilight was telling the truth, no matter what Twilight said!

Even if it was crazy!

Like saying you were a non-evil version of yourself from another world!

And Applejack and Big Macintosh were likely to attack on sight like Fluttershy had!

“What the hay, it’s worth a shot anyways,” sighed Twilight, knocking on the wall with a hoof. “Hey! Hey, can you hear me?”

“W-wha? Mac, you hear that?” Applejack sounded alarmed, which was fair. Twilight had her ear pressed to the wall and cast a spell to make it easier for sound to pass through rock - Ha! And even Spike had thought that one was useless! Who was laughing now? Ha ha, hoo, woo. “Shoot, somepony heard us talkin’!”

“Yes, but don’t worry!” said Twilight, hoping they didn’t just run off.

“Don’ worry? About a voice when we’re tunneling into Canterlot? Do you take us for idiots?”

Twilight had feared Applejack asking that question. It wasn’t that Applejack wasn’t... competent... in her own ways. She had to be to run a farm, after all. But she wasn’t exactly smart, was she? Twilight didn’t feel that “smart” was a descriptive term that fit her well, no, not at all.

“Yes, but not in a rude way!” she blurted out. “You’re likely highly intelligent in a physical sense, or, um, at least... persistent enough to achieve goals normally outside of your range of ability! Really, Applejack, for an earth pony, you’ve always proved yourself surprisingly useful!”

Twilight facehoofed as the awkward silence bloomed.

“Look, I’m a non-evil Twilight Sparkle from another dimension,” the purple unicorn said with a long suffering sigh, hoping that dropping that kind of shocker would at least get a response that Twilight could gauge out of Applejack, for good or ill.

“Oh,” came the reply. Applejack sounded like she’d been struck. “Uh, yeah, so. You aren’t any Twilight Sparkle I’m used to dealing with, that’s pretty apparent.”

Thank goodness, Applejack was still herself.

“Because I don’t think she’d be dumb enough to say what you just said and try an’ convince me of anythin’,” she continued. “ So, miss... whoever. What are you doing?”

“Making a total mule of myself?” sighed Twilight. She winced again, then realized she hadn’t checked her magic shield in a while - it was weakening again. “Sorry! It just slipped out. I’m, um, being affected by the ambient magic of this world. It’s slowly making me evil. And racist.”

“... our world... is making you racist.” Twilight could hear Applejack’s cocked eyebrow; how was that even possible. “Uh huh, right, movin’ on. So, we were here to bust Fluttershy out-”

To Twilight’s consternation, hoofclacks started coming down the stairs.

Twilight shushed as loudly as she dared and cancelled the spell. Moments later, Trixie descended, the mare’s face lighting up as she saw Twilight.

“Ah! Lord Librarian!” Trixie had obviously been stalking for her. “A-are you ready?”

“Yes!” said Twilight emphatically. A plan and opportunity was falling into place. “Have Fluttershy brought to the deepest chamber immediately.”

“Yes, my master!” squeaked Trixie. She bowed, then looked up at Twilight with starry eyes. “W-will I be starting my lessons under you today?”

A bead of sweat rolled down Twilight’s cheek. Her brain raced, trying to figure out what an evildoer would do when doing this kind of... doing.

“No, not today, my cutest cohort,” said Twilight, reaching a hoof out and stroking it along Trixie’s cheek. She’d read this scene in a book once - the big baddie was stringing along an eager bad girl with empty promises. Trixie shivered at Twilight’s touch, leaning in slightly. “It wouldn’t do to simply start you with such... roughness, as I have planned for today.”

The larvan sexual tension from before had now emerged from its cocoon not as a caterpillar, but a majestic butterfly of homoerotic office romance and Twilight only had herself to blame for that.

“I-I understand, Twi-Lord Librarian!” Trixie stammered, eyes fluttering as she bowed again. She then rushed off, leaving Twilight alone with a pounding heart.

She focused and returned to the plan. Because that was totally where her mind was right now.

“Okay, so, I’m gonna get Fluttershy free,” said Twilight, recasting the spell on the wall. “And I’ll bring her back here and teleport over to you.”

“Why don’t you jus’ teleport, you know, out?” asked Applejack. “Can you?”

“Thirty paces is about my limit,” she explained. “It’s really hard magic. B-but you’ll still be here, right?”

“Well... um, yeah, I guess,” answered Applejack, sounding very unsure of everything. “What reason do we have to trust ya?”

“... none?” replied Twilight honestly. “And, um, I’ve never done a jailbreak before, so I might not even pull it off, so, uh, there’s that too.”

“... right,” said Applejack, obviously grimacing. “Well, let’s... let’s give this a try.”

“Just stay right there! I’ll be right back!” Twilight felt herself filling with cheer as she spun to make her way down the stairs. Things were finally starting to go right! She had an escape route! One that would lead her to safety with a group of highly trained killers who hated her! Now, all she had to do was break a crazed fighting machine out of her own jail, sneak past her own guards, and escape her own castle.

Twilight wondered briefly if it wouldn’t be simpler to risk taking Discord’s deal.


Fluttershy was a little surprised to wake up affixed to a torture rack.

Normally, they used the pegasus pinion press - obviously, they were still having problems with the piston pacing and pressurization, meaning today’s pain would be of a less patented pastiche.

Not the best thing to wake up to after getting the first teeth whitening in five years - not that she was complaining, oh no. Fluttershy was very happy with how her mouth felt - the dungeon’s dentist had been very polite and professional as he cleaned the plaque and tartar. It was sad that Fluttershy would enjoy something like that so much, but it had made her feel so... so... normal.

“Oh no,” she whispered, eyes opening and darting around as she realized what she’d just realized - that the evil plan to relax her had become a reality. She’d been broken - in a massage sort of way - and was now a soft, easy target for her captor.

“Nopony enter until I ask for it!” barked a familiar voice, causing Fluttershy to jump. The door to the torture room opened and then slammed shut and Fluttershy saw the armored form approach her - a moment later, Twilight Sparkle was there, an obscene look of joy on the mare’s face. Fluttershy wanted to punch that smile right into the back of the Lord Librarian’s skull.

“Okay, we need to get you off of this,” said Twilight, focusing on the bindings on Fluttershy’s wings and legs. Her horn glowed for a moment and the locks opened and the rope untied. “Alright, can you move?”

Fluttershy stared at her blankly for several seconds.

Then she put Twilight in a headlock.

“Gak!” gasped Twilight, her neck armor denting in as Fluttershy squeezed. “F-flut-ter! P-ple-ase!”

“That was the stupidest mistake I have ever seen anypony make!” cackled Fluttershy, pinning Twilight against the wrack and squeezing tighter. Twilight let out an adorable little wheeze as her lungs struggled for air. Fluttershy threw the manacles onto Twilight’s forelegs. “And it played right into our hooves!”

Fluttershy looked around triumphantly, expecting the stone walls to burst forth with rebels. They did not.

“I’mgunnadie,” Twilight gargled, eyes bulging out of her skull as she writhed feebly in Fluttershy’s iron grasp. That, coupled with the lack of reinforcements, gave the pegasus pause. The Lord Librarian had never been as strong as Fluttershy was, but she could easily overpower Pinkie Pie or Rarity. She should have at least been fighting back. As it was, it was more like fighting a bookworm. “Pleascantbreath.”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” said Fluttershy, releasing her. Twilight wheezed a gasp of breath, coughing, and a moment later Fluttershy realized what she had just done. “Oh! No no no!”

She grabbed Twilight again and shook her angrily, retightening her grasp as Twilight’s mane flopped around from the violent motion.

“No no no! Shame on you - you don’t get to beg for mercy after all you’ve done!” spat Fluttershy, watching with pride as Twilight again began to gasp for breath. Fluttershy looked around again before frustration began to overtake her. “I don’t know what’s going on!” the yellow mare said with exasperation. “The trap was supposed to spring by now! Oh, you didn’t stop them, did you?”

Fluttershy wasn’t sure if Twilight was shaking her head or just being shaken, but it looked like a no.

“Oh. So... am I... early?” asked Fluttershy in confusion, glancing around. She crushed Twilight’s esophagus a little to ensure compliance as she mused over the situation. She had, after all, achieved her main objective of capturing the Lord Librarian, but without a way out, it didn’t mean much. Twilight’s eyes were rolling back into her head as Fluttershy puzzled over this unfortunate evolution of events.

“Well... I guess it couldn’t hurt to check the door,” she decided, letting Twilight go and socking her in the face. The unicorn collapsed unconscious as Fluttershy trotted to the door. She pressed an ear to the keyhole and didn’t hear anything, but looking through she could see a hall with several guards. Nopony she couldn’t handle - and too few of them to even slow her down.

Unless she was hauling an evil butt along with her - glancing back to where her would-be captor lay unconscious, she felt a little spike of joy at the realization that she had decked the witch and a little annoyance at the fact it would be harder to move her now that she was comatose.

With a little sigh, she resolved to wait a few minutes to see if her friends showed up.

Looking back, she noticed the Lord Librarian was lying in a rather awkward position. Feeling bad for a moment, Fluttershy trotted back over and began to move the tyrant into a more comfortable pose, tucking some of the Lord Librarian’s cape under the side of her armored head for a pillow.

“Wait...” she said aloud, realizing what she had just done. This wasn’t somepony that deserved mercy - and this was the second time she’d given it! Now that she was thinking about it, something seemed wrong about the Lord Librarian - she seemed softer, more trustworthy, like a bookish friend who you hadn’t seen in years.

Obviously, there was some fiendish magic at work, and Fluttershy resolved to figure out what it was.


ANNOUNCING - Cover Art Contest!

Looking for cover image of Twilight Sparkle, in a monocle, in a pose like evildoers always take. Can be armored or not. Winner will get their image displayed and a full credit on the story description and in the chapter debuting it. Second and Third Place will also get mentions in the debut chapter.

PM me with the link to the image before Dec. 1 and I will put it on my blog so people can vote on it.