• Published 26th Oct 2012
  • 1,925 Views, 73 Comments

That Gangly Kid - Plumage



I'm Discord. I'm 15. I have a crush on this chick... Celestia. Maybe you know her?

  • ...
4
 73
 1,925

Rehab

They put us in rehab.
Rehab.
I wasn't even traumatized. And they gotta take me and Celestia out soon. This is the final year. So we need to practice for the World Giving Ceremony (which is only THE most important event at this school).
"Discord?" the gentle voice asks.
"What?"
"Somepony here to see you."
"Okay."
It's probably some nerd in to give me another heads up on all the homework I've mist, but honestly I couldn't care less.
A copper pony trots in through the sterile white curtain. "Dime?" I ask incredulously.
"Here's a warning: the Ceremony practices begin next week. So I'd find a way to break out by Sunday."
"When's Sunday?" I ask.
"Well, it's Saturday today," she says in a voice that sounds like she is talking to a very dim foal.
"Okay, okay, I get it, alright? You lose any sense of time in here."
She nods. "Well, then...."
"Well?"
She looks at me, a searching look, and she mutters, "I can kinda see what Luna saw in you,"
"What?" I ask. I hope she didn't say what I thought she said...
She shakes her head. "N- nothing. It doesn't matter."
I nod carefully. "Uh-huh."
"I gotta go...but somepony else is here too..." She jumps off the bed and rushes out the door. No, Curtains. Actually, buck it. Who cares?
Then there is a dry rustle and Chrysalis is standing opposite my bed.
"Enjoying yourself?" she asks.
I sigh, and it pushes some of the black strands of hair up off my face for a moment.
"No. Most boring thing of my life."
She doesn't move. She just stands there, watching me. I'm not bothered by her and she isn't bothered by me. I think she knows even with all this confusing last-year-of-world-school stuff she can't do anything lovey dovey.
"So I was thinking..." she begins.
"Mm?"
"What if we did something for Celestia, something to make her remember us, even after she found her world?"
"That's a good idea," I say, and I'm very interested all of a sudden. Remember us? Remember me? I'm in.
"So if you have....something, and Dime makes her some custom regalia, not those babyish ones they give you to start with at graduation, then we could have a goodbye present for her. A picture, a crown and..."
"Don't worry, I have a good idea of what I can give her."

---

I spend that afternoon designing some weapons of power for Celestia's world called The Elements of Harmony. They will harness the power of something
or other (which I haven't decided on yet) to destroy evil and protect Celestia's world from any danger it comes across.
One is easy, magic. The easiest for any at our school to hold.
One is generosity, which is another part of Celestia's personality.
The others I haven't decided on yet.

What do you think?
I read the note on top of the brown paper parcel and open it. Since I live closest to Celestia I get to hoard all the leaving gifts. Anyway. Inside the parcel lies a beautifully crafted shiny gold crown. It has a light purple gem embedded in the middle. There is also a wooden, but gold-plated harness (with a note that reads, 'lol solid gold too heavy haha') and four golden slippers.
Perfect.

Chrysalis's gift comes in next.
It is a big painting of Luna. The note reads,
'can u magic it so dat it moves'

I put my lions paw hand on the painting. I take a deep breath and reach into that little well of magic I found while battling Nightmare Moon. I force it into the picture along with a memory of the old Luna. I feel it pass through my paw, for a split second, and then it's gone. It was easier than the first time.
Looking at the painting, I realize I did it. Luna's mane shimmers and sparkles, and if you look at her, she looks back at you and smiles.
Oh, Celestia will not forget us. But whether she will kill us or be best friends forever with us remains to be decided.




[A/N]
Really sorry about the really late update. I sort of wrote myself into a corner.
Also, thank you to all that have liked or favorited.
^.^
Enjoy.