• Published 16th Oct 2012
  • 1,081 Views, 9 Comments

The One Known as Ice Phoenix - Ghost Walker



What if an earth pony discovers how to perform magic? What if he becomes corrupted? Who can stop him

  • ...
5
 9
 1,081

Useless No More

"Let me ask you a question; Have you ever experienced hardship before?"

He began to walk towards Twilight.

"Of course not. You were born into wealth. Fame and glory were at your every hoofstep. The wielder of the Element of Magic, Protégé to Princess Celestia herself, caring friends, a loving...family. Life handed everything to you on a silver platter. I guess fortune does favor the wealthy."

He stops a couple of paces in front of Twilight.

"I never had that. Any of that. I was abandoned. Left to fend for myself. My "parents" didn't even have the kindness to leave a letter explaining why and everypony else would either avoid me or make fun of me. Constant insults of 'His parents must have thought he was useless' or 'His parents must have not wanted him' was the only interaction I had with the other fillies as they walked with their parents."

Anger fills his face. "Twenty years of being alone can really get to a pony." Cracking a smile, "That was, until I found this."

Phoenix pointed at the necklace on his neck. It looked like jewelry meant for royalty, yet somewhat familiar to Twilight. The center jewel was in the shape of a creature with sharp teeth smiling. Twilight new she seen this necklace before, or at least, that creature.

"Where...Where did you get that?"

Phoenix laughed. "It all started with an explosion."

"An explosion?", Twilight asked. Her mind racing for an answer on the identity of that necklace.

"Yes, an explosion. It happened over yonder in the local forest. The ground trembled and the entire sky lit up with ribbons of colors. It was the most amazing sight until this red ball of light began to descend to the ground. As this object made contact with the ground, I could smell the grass burning. As I arrived at the location to where it fell down , I found this lovely jewelry lying on the ground; Nearby grass singed and turned to ash and the snow melted and became steam. Now at first, I was a little scared about touching it, as it was giving off tremendous heat, But soon built up the courage to grab it. It was ice cold to the touch, as if it had been stored in the ice for over a millennium. The only thing weirder than that was the voice that I started to hear. Right here, in the back of my head."

"A...A voice?" Twilight was starting to feel scared. Each piece of information being gathered was coming up to an almost impossible answer.Could it be? No. Impossible,...right?

"It started talking to me, or rather, he did. He told me many things, including what your princess did to him. Taking what was rightfully his, and trapping him, only to comeback and almost get killed. Now that doesn't sound like a loving princess to me. Oh no no no no. Not at all. In fact, remember the voice I mentioned?"

Twilight nods her head slowly. Her eyes begin to widen at this. No. It couldn't be. I saw it happened with my own eyes

"Oh good. Because throughout this conversation, he's been back there, yelling at me, to KILL YOU."
The jewel on the necklace glowed.
KILL HER. DESTROY HER. MAKE HER FEEL ALL THE PAIN THAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH BY THE HOOFS OF HER FRIENDS!!!

"But, I can show mercy, unlike Celestia. So I will give you two choices. 1. Run. Run and never come back. And don't get in my way. Choice number 2. I will make you experience the most excruciation pains, the likes of which the pits of Tartarus seem pitiful and hellfire as useless as snow. I have you watch as I end your entire family and they lay at your hoof. I will rip apart and destroy everything and everypony that you have ever held dear. And then, just then, I might just show mercy and end your pitiful existence."

Twilight was shaken by this; tears forming. "You...You're nothing more than a monster."

The halls shook with laughter, though more heavier and filled with a sinister presence.

"Me, a monster. I think not. When being pushed down your entire life but then finding a way to push back does not justify me a monster. No. A monster is when you have the power to help the ones who are truly in need but instead, use it to gain fame and fortune with no regards to the negativity their actions might do or cause in the wake." His eyes began to shine a bright red and began to emit a purple-ish hue. A dark shadow stood behind Phoenix and Twilight recognized who it was. "They only think of themselves. They take that which is not theirs to claim and when you try to retrieve what you spent your entire life working on and to be so close and have it swiped away from you in the name of so called justice. Those are the true monsters. You've made your choice Twilight. NOW YOU WILL DIE!!

The jewel lit up with a dark red glow and a beam shot out towards Twilight. In a bright. purple flash, she disappeared. All that remained was destruction on the floor and wall.

Twilight appeared outside of town and next to Celestia. The guards were at the ready.

"My dear student, Are you okay?" The princess asked, walking over to try and comfort the shaken unicorn. "We were about to go in and get you out of there."

"We need to leave."

"What was that Twilight?"

We need to leave. Now!

Celestia was startled at this demand but nodded at her guards to ready the chariots. As Celestia and Twilight got on and took off back to Ponyville, Celestia turned to ask, "What happened back there that has you shaken up?" Twilight looked up, after having enough time to calm down, and answered, "King Sombra is back."

Author's Note:

Almost a year since touching this or doing any writing for a while, but i'm back (for how long is still debatable :/ ) School and Work have taken over most of my life to where that's all I did.

But, I digress.

I decided to try a different route with this story and would like your opinion on it. Which way do you like better: Spending years learning on how to gain and perform magic or Getting possessed by a fallen King who's own vengeful nature fuels Phoenix's desire for revenge on he has been through?
Let me know in the comment section along with anything else that you would like to address. I know grammar might be one since i've been gone for a while so have fun.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment