• Published 31st Dec 2011
  • 9,974 Views, 117 Comments

Spike 10 - MasterZero



A crossover between Ben 10 and My Little Pony in which Spike obtains the Omnitrix.

  • ...
8
 117
 9,974

If The Watch Fits

It had been several years since the defeat of Discord and the Return of Harmony, as the newspapers called it. As Spike grew, so did the responsibilities that Twilight Sparkle entrusted him with. Today he found himself on his first walk through the Everfree Forest without any of his pony friends. Well, the first one approved by Twilight. She wanted to pick up her favorite tea from Zecora’s and her number one assistant offered to fetch it for her.

Of course, the lavender pony was reluctant, remembering a certain incident with a cockatrice, but allowed Spike to go on two conditions. He was to go during the sunrise, when the more dangerous animals of the Everfree were beginning to sleep, and he would walk with Owlowiscious, who would help keep an eye on him.

The two easily acquired the tea and were on their way home with the tea leaves stuffed in Spike’s backpack that Twilight had packed just in case of emergencies. The two were on their way home as the young dragon brought his head to the sky. He glanced at Owlowiscious, who flew above him quietly.

I wonder what he’s thinking. Maybe he’s thinking about how he can replace me as Twilight’s number one assistant! No, wait! Stop it, Spike. Remember what Twilight said. Owlowiscious is your friend. He’s not going to try replacing. He’s here to help. But still, I wonder what he’s thinking right now…

As Spike’s mind continued to roam free, he ignored his surroundings. He suddenly tripped on the root of a nearby tree and fell to the ground. As luck would have it, a mud pie was in the perfect spot to soften the impact his face met with the ground.
“Aw! Gross,” he groaned, spitting out and wiping the mud from his face. Spike looked at his feathered compatriot and said, “I remember passing a lake not too far back. Let’s go back so I can clean myself off.” The bird nodded his head in agreement and the two found themselves retracing their steps, leading back to a large pool of water.

--------------------------------------------

The prepubescent dragon splashed water onto his face as he cleaned himself of the mud, Owlowiscious waiting quietly and patiently on a branch behind him. Eventually Spike smiled at his reflection and turned to give a thumbs-up to the bird.

“Hoo. Hoo! Hoo!”

“Huh?” Spike saw the owl pointing to the sky and spun around again, facing the lake. His eyes widened as he saw a bright star in the sky, but soon realized something was wrong. It was getting closer and fast! “Holy guacamole!” He gasped, before running into the bushes as the star crashed into the lake, causing much of the water to splash onto the ground as steam was created.

The two assistants popped their heads out from their hiding places and were shocked to see that the lake was nearly completely evaporated, with steam rising up from the now empty hole in the ground. Spike left his bush and walked closer to it, peeking down to see a silver sphere on the ground, about as big as a basketball.

“What is it?” He wondered aloud, sliding down into the empty lake as Owlowiscious flew above him.

“Hoo!”

“I’ll be careful. I just want a closer look, that’s all!” Spike replied, before slowly moving closer to the sphere. “Wow….Ah!” The child leapt back as he saw the ball open with a loud, stinging hiss. The top part split in half, before sliding back into the rest of the ball, revealing its contents. “Is that a watch?”

Owlowiscious cocked his head to the side, seeing the same thing. The device looked like a large, black bracelet, with small, white tubes on it, leading to the dial on top. The dial was black, save for a large, green hourglass figure on it; there was a green button next to the dial.

“What was a watch doing in outer space? And how does it tell time?” He wondered, reaching down to pick the device up, only for it to leap up, like a toad, and latch onto his left wrist. “AHH! Owlowiscious, help!”

“Hoo!” The owl flew down and quickly began trying to pull the watch off as the dragon tried the same. Unknowingly, one of his talons pressed the green button, causing the dial to spring up and a small, green hologram to appear on it. The dial knocked Owlowiscious back, and Spike fell on his back, making the dial return into the watch, pushed in by the ground.

There was a bright green light as ice flooded out of the watch an ontod the young dragon’s scales. The ice began to cover Spike’s entire body in a thin layer, before it grew, soon creating an egg made of frozen water. The egg cracked and shattered as a figure rose out of it.

“Whoa. What happened?” Spike wondered, rubbing his head, only to hear a new, far creepier voice and feel something that was most certainly not his scales.” My voice! My hands! My everything!” He screamed, gazing upon his four fingered, black hands before looking down at Owlowiscious who was stunned.

He ran on his new, black legs and feet, and found a puddle to look at himself with, just now realizing his eyes were like a bug’s, with him seeing through hundreds of lens. From the bottom of his new eyes, the not-a-dragon saw he was wearing clothes now. A purple, sleeveless shirt that had a light green X on the front and dark green pants going down his new legs. He was also wearing a dark green belt, which had the dial from the watch on it.

“Ahhh!” He screamed, before turning his head to see he had a pair of large, black and blue, butterfly wings on his back. “AHH!” He continued to scream as he saw the cyan spots on his shoulders, going down until they stopped at his elbows. “AHHHH!” Suddenly a white mist shot out of his mouth and hit a tree, encasing part of it in ice. “AHHHH-OOF!” Spike was eventually silenced by Owlowiscious, who flew down and smacked the poor not-a-dragon’s head with a talon.

“Thanks Owlowiscious. I needed that. What happened to me?! I’m taller! And I have wings! And only three toes! And I just turned a tree into an ice cube!”

“Hoo!”

“I know, I know, I shouldn’t have touched it. Oh man. Do you think Twilight has a book on whatever it is that I am?”

“Hoo.”

“Twilight! Do you think Twilight knows what I am?! Ah, you are no help!” As he screamed out the last words, another gust of white mist shot out of his mouth, freezing the branch Owlowiscious was perched on. The owl barely dodged it in time and Spike covered his mouth. “Sorry!”

“Hoo.”

“Okay. Let’s calm down, and let’s go talk to Twilight.” The tall bug picked up the backpack that was too small for him now, before taking a step forward. He stopped suddenly and looked at his wings. “Hey, think I can fly?”

“Hoo.”

“I’m gonna give it a try. It’ll only take a second, and if I can, we can reach Ponyville faster!” He yelled, jumping up and flapping his new wings rapidly, flying right into another tree, getting caught in the branches. “I flew! I can fly! Um, can you help me out Owlowiscious?” All of a sudden, the blue and black alien turned navy blue and transparent, and he fell through the branches before turning back to normal just in time to kiss the ground. “Holy guacamole! Did you see that?! I’m like a ghost! I wonder what else I can do.”

“Hoo! Hoo!”

“Me. Spike. Wait…Oh no,” he whispered, staring off into the direction of Ponyville. Columns of smoke rose as the destructive fire was seen. “Come on, Owlowiscious!” The moth creature took flight, and while he struggled, he was determined to reach his home and do everything he could to help it.

--------------------------------------------

“Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness!” Fluttershy whispered as she, Rainbow Dash, and several other Pegasus worked to bring clouds full of water over various fires. They stomped and bucked the clouds as the burning parts of the town were evacuated.

“Come on, everypony!” Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash’s unofficial deputy, directed everypony to the safer parts of town. She rode upon her scooter, yelling at the terrified ponies, as Apple Bloom ran over to her.

“Scootaloo! Mr. and Mrs. Cake are trapped inside Sugarcube Corner! They need help!”

“I’ll tell Rainbow Dash!” The orange Pegasus replied and was about to yell out to her role model, but instead screamed in terror as a giant monster swooped down upon the two, crashing in front of them.

“Ow.”

“Monster!” Scootaloo screamed, before getting off of her scooter and wielding it as a weapon, smacking the insectoid’s head with it.

“Ow! Scootaloo, stop! It’s me!”

“Huh?” Fluttershy gasped as she saw the towering monster attacking the two fillies and flew down between the three. “Girls, get back!” She glared at the green eyed beast, putting on her toughest brave face. “I won’t let you hurt these young fillies! Do you hear me?!”

“Fluttershy, it’s me! Spike!”

“Spike? How stupid do you think we are! Spike’s a dragon! You’re…some kind of freak, bug monster!” Rainbow Dash replied, flying down and glaring at the creature.

“Hoo!”

“Owlowiscious?” The four ponies stared at the owl as he hooted and perched himself on Spike’s shoulder, being careful not to hurt the boy as he nodded his head.

“Then…That means it is you? Spike?” Rainbow realized. “How? I mean…What the hay happened to you?!”

“Long story. I found a watch thing from outer space and turned me into a bug thing!”

“That wasn’t very long,” Scootaloo commented.

“…What happened?”

“Some monster thing strolled into town and started blastin’ the place! Twilight and the others tried talkin’ to it, but it just growled at them! It’s got these big ol’ bat ears and eyes all over its arms and back!” Apple Bloom explained. “Twilight and Applejack are trying to herd him out of town over there!”

“I’m coming, Twi!” Spike leapt into the air and took flight again, nearly crashing into a tree again.

“Spike, wait, it’s dangerous!” Fluttershy warned. “Give us a minute and we’ll come with you!”

“I don’t have a minute! I have to go help her!”

“Spike! The Cakes are trapped in Sugarcube Corner!”

“I’ll save them too!” The giant bug shouted as he was already flying through the air.

“Fluttershy, let’s go make sure everyone is okay and go help him!”

“R-right! Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, go somewhere safe,” the yellow pony ordered, before the two took off.

--------------------------------------------

“Hoo?”

“Yes, I have a plan.”

“Hoo?”

“I’m going to save the Cakes, then I’m going to save Twilight.”

“Hoo?”

“No, I don’t know how.”

“Hoo!”

“That still counts as a plan!”

The blue and black creature landed in front of Sugarcube Corner as his feathered compatriot flew off somewhere else. He could already hear the faint screams of Mr. and Mrs. Cake and began to try and save them. He started by tackling the door, which did absolutely nothing but give him a jolt of pain. “Ow. Oh, wait!” Spike then attempted to close his eyes, before he remembered bug eyes couldn’t blink, and attempted to become intangible again. The plan worked, and he walked right
through the door and into the burning building.

He saw that a wooden rafter had fallen, and counter and part of the ground were engulfed in flames. The giant bug thought back to the Everfree Forest and took a deep breath, before he blew a cold vapor out of his mouth. Anything the vapor touched lowered in temperature, and much of the fire was easily dealt with.

Spike ran up the stairs, his wings folding into a robe like structure, and he continued to exhale the vapor onto any fire he saw. He soon found the source of the screams behind the door to their room. He walked through it and found Mr. Cake standing over his unconscious wife, holding a wooden beam from crushing her, though it was obvious he was struggling.

He nearly lost balance from shock as he saw the monster. “G-get back!” He ordered.

“Don’t worry, I’m here to help,” Spike explained, before running over and crouching down. He placed the wooden beam on his shoulder and ordered the stallion to drag his wife to the door. The pony did so, and the not-a-dragon had to hold the beam up all by himself as Carrot Cake dragged his unconscious wife to the door. “Come on! Ow!” He hissed, feeling the hot hiss of the metal doorknob. “Stand back!” The not-a-dragon took a deep breath and blew the icy vapor over the door, encasing it in ice. He then took a few steps back, before charging forward and shattering the frozen door. He quickly picked up the unconscious blue pony and he and Mr. Cake ran out of the burning building.

When they made it outside, Spike placed Mrs. Cake onto her husband’s back and pointed in the direction he had came, telling him to get somewhere safe. The yellow stallion thanked the creature and ran off as Spike’s wings unfolded and he flew into the air. He circled Sugarcube Corner and covered it in his cyan vapor, killing the fires and causing part of the bakery to be covered in ice.

“There. That’s better, right?” Spike asked Owlowiscious as the owl returned.

“Hoo! Hoo!”

“Huh? You found Twilight?”

“Hoo!” The bird flew off and Spike followed, flying into the air.

--------------------------------------------

Applejack bucked several apples at the creature, but the fruits never even touched the monster as a beam of light shot out of its shoulder and reduced the fine, red delicacies to ash. The orange pony growled as the two legged monster slowly turned to face her. It had large bat-like ears where the eyes should have been, and its chest was a light shade of yellow, while its back was a darker shade. The only clothing it wore were a pair of shiny, chrome colored pants.

Still, the most unnerving part of this creature was the fact that its back and arms were covered in large, green reptile eyes.

The eyes turned to look at the cowpony before they all closed, and a single, giant eye formed on its chest. It fired a yellow beam, but Applejack was teleported away in a purple light.

“Thanks Twi,” the pony said as the two hid behind a cart, watching the monster. “Any ideas on how to get rid of that thing?”

“I don’t know! I’ve never seen it before! None of my books even mentioned anything resembling this animal.”

“Well, we better come up with something lickety split, or that thing’s gonna burn down the entire town…Oh my Celestia, what is that?” Applejack pointed to the air with her foreleg and the unicorn turned her head to see a giant moth like creature fly down from the sky towards them.

“Twilight! It’s me, Spike!”

“…Spike?!” The two repeated, looking him over.

“What the hay happened to you?” AJ wondered.

Before Spike could explain, the eye monster turned and saw him and called out to know. “The Omnitrix!”

“Huh? Omni what?”

“Give it to me!” The monster roared, opening its mouth to reveal its fangs as it ran at the group. Spike became intangible though and the monster ran right through him.

“Spike, how did you do that?” Twilight gasped.

“Pretty cool, huh? I’m like a superhero!” Spike smiled, before he heard a loud, beeping noise. “Hey, you guys hear that?” In a red flash of light, the young dragon appeared before the two, back to normal. “Uh oh.”

“Give me the Omnitrix! Now!”

“Ya mean this thing?”

“Yes! I am its owner, Tayauk! Give it to me, thief!”

“Hey! I didn’t steal it, I found it! And besides, just because you’re its owner doesn’t mean you have the right to destroy this town or hurt my fri-ACK!” Spike was suddenly lifted up by the tall creature by his neck and coughed as it hissed at him.
“Dude, breath mint.”

“Get away from him!” Twilight Sparkle commanded, and her horn glowed as Spike was pulled out of the monster’s grasp and over to the two of them. “Spike, you can understand that thing?”

“Yeah, can’t you?” The dragon inquired.

“Sounds like just a bunch of hisses and chirps to me,” Applejack commented on, bucking Tayauk back from the three.

“Spike, go run and hide.”

“But Twilight-”

“Now!”

The dragon obeyed as the two ponies fought against the monster, trying to run him out of town. Spike didn’t look back as he ran off and hid behind a store. He looked at his new watch, the Omnitrix, and saw that the green hourglass was now red. He looked around the corner and saw the three fighting and ran back to the scene.

“Wait!” All eyes, or ears in Tayauk’s case, turned to the young dragon. “If I give you the watch, then you have to leave my friends alone and leave Ponyville!”

Tayauk walked pass the two girls and crouched down on his knee to examine the watch. He looked it over and placed a hand on it, quietly examining it.

"So...uh...what does this thing do, exactly?"

"The Omnitrix is no simple thing. It is a biological game changer. It changes the wearer's entire body to match the selected species."

“What?”

"For your small mind, it would turn you into an alien."

"Whoa. Really? Aliens exist? That's so c-" Spike's moment of fanboyish stopped as the eyes all over Tayauk's body closed, save for the one on his chest, which glared at the young dragon.

“The Omnitrix has bonded to you. There is only one way I can remove it now.”

“How’s that?”

Tayauk grabbed Spike’s arm with one hand. “I kill you.” The eye on the monster’s chest glowed before he fired a powerful, hot laser from it. Twilight’s eyes widened as the bright, orange light encased her oldest friend. When the laser finally stopped she saw that Spike had been completely unaffected. “What the-?! You should have been burned to a crisp!”

“You don’t know much about dragons, do you? We’re naturally resistant to heat. Look, I’m trying to be a nice guy about this, but you making it hard. You wanna talk this out, or is this going to have get messy?” Spike growled, putting on his tough guy face. “Whoa!” The dragon was lifted into the air as Tayauk stood at his full height, squeezing Spike’s arm.

“What can you do against me? Ah!” He was suddenly pulled away from Spike, dropping him onto the ground as Twilight dragged him over, anger in her eyes.

“Spike, are you okay?”

“I’m fine, Twi!” The dragon smiled at his unicorn friend before looking at Tayauk. “Leave Ponyville peacefully. We’ll work on getting the watch off and find you then.”

“I am not negotiating with lower life forms!” A beam of intense light shot out of his back and nearly burned Twilight. The shock made her release the large eared abomination and he charged at Spike yet again.

The dragon heard a beep and saw the Omnitrix was back to green. He activated it and slammed his hand on the dial before he could be attack. A yellow substance shot out of the watch and all over his scales, covering his entire body before it grew, turning him into a yellow egg. The egg quickly grew in size though, becoming more like a sphere as black lines traveled around it, forming a pattern.

Tayauk stopped and took a step back as the yellow and black ball rolled forward, running him over, before it opened, and a hulking alien fell before Applejack and Twilight.

“…Spike?” The unicorn whispered, looking down at him.

“Yeah?”

The three looked over Spike’s new form. His entire body, save for his forehead, which was black, was now white. Black stripes went from his forehead to between his eyes and from his shoulders to his hands. Each foot had three, small black claws, and each hand had four of the same. The eye catcher of this form was that there yellow armor plating all over his back, his arms, and his legs, with black stripes between the plates. The dial was now on his forehead, and the only clothes he wore were a pair of dark green pants.

“Whoa…Whoa!” Spike fell over suddenly and landed on his back. “Help me, I can’t stand up!” The green eyed hulk groaned.
Tayauk hissed loudly as he stood up from the Tayauk-shaped crater in the ground and fired several lasers from his eyes on his back at the three. Spike’s eyes widened and he, on instinct, rolled into a ball like a pill bug. The lasers did nothing to affect the yellow and black sphere.

“Applejack! Give me a buck!” Spike’s new, muffled voice ordered. The two ponies looked at one another, before the southern belle turned and did so, launching the ball forward and slamming the attacker into Quills and Sofas. The not-a-dragon unrolled and stood on his new two feet and smiled at the hole he had made, with Tayauk laying on a pink sofa.

“Spike…That was unbelievable! You were like a cannonball!” Twilight commented as she and Applejack ran over.

“More like a Cannonbolt! Am I right?”

The crickets could be heard loud and clear. As the three were distracted, Tayauk’s injured body moved. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a remote. He pressed on a button, and in a bright, white light, he vanished.

“Consarnit! Where’d he run off to?” AJ sighed.

“Spike, how are you able to do this?”

“Well…”

--------------------------------------------

“And that pretty much brings us to right now,” Spike finished. The Mane 6 stared at him as Owlowiscious slept in the corner.

The group was now in Twilight’s library, which had gone through the attack relatively untouched. The rest of the town was at work repairing all of the damage. Thankfully, no lives were lost. At worst, some ponies, like Mrs. Cake, came out of it with some burns and bruises.

“So, what else can you turn into?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“You know, I don’t know. Let’s find out!” The purple dragon pressed the button on the Omnitrix and green holograms came out of the watch, showing Cannonbolt, and the moth alien he had nicknamed, Big Chill. He moved the dial, going through the holograms of different forms he could obtain. “There looks like there are ten of them. I wonder what it’s like being…this one!”
Before Spike could transform though, Twilight Sparkle stopped his hand with her magic. “Spike, this could be detrimental to your health!”

“…What do dentists have to do with anything?”

“No, Spike, detrimental. Bad for you. I don’t want you using the Omnitrix unless it’s an emergency.”

“But Twilight, the town was destroyed because of me! If I hadn’t taken the watch, maybe Tayauk wouldn’t have attacked Ponyville…Besides, you heard him. This thing belongs to him. I stole it.”

“Even if it was his, that didn’t give him any right to start blasting the place. The jerk wants his watch back so bad, he should ask for it nicely,” Rainbow responded.

“Spike, what happened outside wasn’t your fault. We’ll figure out what we’re going to do with the Omnitrix, and about Tayauk. You’re not in this alone.”

The young dragon smiled at his friend and embraced her in a hug. “Thanks, Twi. You’re the best. All of you, I mean.”

“No problem-woblem, Spike! I mean, thanks to you, Sugarcube Corner is okay!” Pinkie Pie grinned.

“Considering it was half frozen when you found it, okay may be a stretch,” Rainbow Dash teased. The group laughed at the joke as they walked out to start helping the process of rebuilding the town.

Spike closed the door, but stopped as he looked at the Omnitrix, which was still waiting to be pressed. “Hmm…” The dragon quickly looked around before running off to somewhere more secluded. As soon as he was out of anypony’s sight, he pressed down on the dial, and a bright green light flashed.

Twilight stopped and turned around as she heard a loud, monstrous roar. The Mane 6 followed suit and their eyes widened as they saw a twelve foot tall, brown reptile walk out on two large, clawed feet. The hulking creature looked at them and smiled sheepishly, waving a clawed, muscular arm.

"Heh. Hi, Twilight."

END

Wow. You really can cross Ponies with anything.

Tell me in the comments whether or not you liked the story, and if you see any problems, please, tell me. It is possible my proofreader missed some errors. Also, if you want, tell me your opinion about the Ben 10 show if you watch/watched it, and if you would want this story to be an adventure, or a monster-a-week sort of deal. Thank you for your time.

Also, if you’re curious, and I doubt you are, I liked the first series of Ben 10, but after that, it lost quality quickly.