• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 942 Views, 13 Comments

R.A.C.E.S. - jarmari



The 700th Equestrian RACES start today!

  • ...
1
 13
 942

The Time Lords

The Time Lords:

1 hour, 59 minutes, 51 seconds, 42 milliseconds, 32 microseconds, 29 nanoseconds, 24 picoseconds, 20 femtoseconds, 17 attoseconds, 10 zeptoseconds, and 3 yoctoseconds until race time.

“She shouldn't make that noise!” the eleventh incarnation of the Doctor shouted at the other two. He liked that noise, he really did, but it was to good to show off what he had learnt in his advanced age.

“She always makes that noise!” the tenth answered, knocking against a button making a screen blink to life.

“The parking breaks are on!” Eleven snapped.

“The TARDIS doesn't have parking breaks!” the fourth answered, as he tossed the end of his scarf toward the middle of the console. It caught around a lever, he tugged backward, pulling the lever down. Another screen blinked to life, and the TARDIS let out of low wheezing noise.

“It's the blue ones!” Eleven shouted.

“The blue ones don't do anything!” the other two Doctor's shouted back in unison. Eleven jumped over Ten, knocking the lever to silence the ship.

“Well, it's no fun now,” Four said, looking at the switches that he had never bothered touching on his version of the ship.

“Blimey, when do you learn that?” Ten asked, smiling at Eleven.

“The wife taught me, boys” he said, nodding slowly.

“Wife? We get another wife?”

“Good and clever one too,” Eleven answered, because at this point there was no point in not talking about it. The fact of the matter was, the Doctor(s) didn't join in on this years race simply because it looked interesting—even though it very much did look interesting—they joined because they had accidentally caused a little, teeny-tiny paradox that might blow up all of the space time continuum if not resolved.

The whole problem had started when Derpy came to Ten and told him that her family was planning on entering the race. He had been more then happy to drop her off, and let her have some fun—she had spent the last week running for her life from an army of balloon creatures from the planet Trutting in the forest of Nevermore and Somethens—he on the other hand was planning on spending the time tweaking the guidance system on the ship. While he had been digging around in the library, he had knocked a brightly coloured bottle of sand-like materiel into the swimming pool. It had promptly exploded, sent the TARDIS spinning through time, where it had smashed into two other versions of itself. One from his future and one from his past.

The sand, he realized, was from something he had picked up on the eighth moon of Trotsalor. He had obtained it in an effort to help make the TARDIS jump through dimensional barriers more simply. A project he had never actually gotten around to doing, and had placed the sand in the library for safe keeping. Of course that was a few TARDIS designs ago, and at the time the swimming pool had been located in a much more logical place, and the kitchen was located in the middle of the library. With three versions of the Doctor suddenly on board, and after a few minutes of excited babbling and introductions, the three had come together and come up with a plan to return to their own times.

“Come on then, land her again so we can go and check the outside of the ship,” Four said, nodding at Eleven who—with his advanced years—had some how taken charge. Or rather, after the introductions, he had shouted loudly. “I CALL DIBS ON BEING BOSS, BECAUSE I'M OLDEST!” The following argument had been solved in a game of rock-paper-scissors, where they had all thrown rock 82 times—because you know, hooves—before Eleven had magically produced a sheet of paper and dubbed himself the winner. He proceed to roll the red paper into a tub and place it on his head, “the captain wears the fez,” he said nodding to each of them.

The ship landed silently, causing the three Doctors to stand in the control room for five minutes before there was a knock at the door. Ten glanced at the door, and frowned a little. Eleven glanced at one of the screen, and smiled sheepishly. “Looks like we've landed,” he said trotting to the door and opening it.

“Doctor! I forgot my muffi—” Derpy started, but stopped looking up at Eleven. “Oh, hello.”

“Derpy! How are you? How are you?” Eleven asked, shaking her hoof excitedly. “Haven't seen you in ages!”

“I'm sorry, I don't know who you are,” she said, looking passed him to find Ten and Four walking toward her.

“I'm the Doctor!”

“Not my Doctor,” she answered, shaking her head.

“Not anymore.”

“Oookay,” she said. Ten trotted up to her holding out a large basket filled with muffins.

“Here you are,” he said when she took it, and balanced it on her back.

“Gotta go give some to my family!” Derpy said, beaming. “Would you three like some too?” she asked.

“We will follow you,” Four said, returning her smile. She lead the three Doctors over to her ship, a large Tiki that Daring was busy running around getting ready.

“My cousin sent me away so I wouldn't break anything else,” Derpy said, putting the basket of muffins on a table close by.

“Derpy! Derpy!” a little filly—Dinky—shouted, popping up from the ship. She hopped over the edge and hurried over. “Did you get it?” she asked excitedly.

“Here they are!” Derpy said, handing her little sister a muffin. “And these are my friends! The Doctor!”

“All of them? I thought just that one was the Doctor,” she said, looking from one pony to the next.

“Well, you can call me John Smith,” Eleven said, grinning at her. She nodded and looked at Four who thought for a minute and shrugged his shoulders.

“Theta Sigma, if you'd like,” he said, and then produced a small brown bag. “Would you like a jelly filly?” he offered.

“Oh! Thank you,” she said, taking one and popping it into her mouth.

“Oh Daring!” Derpy shouted, “want a muffin?” she asked flying over toward her cousin. As she flapped along, her back hoof became tangled in a long rope that was anchoring the ship. There was a long second where everyone knew what was about to happen, everyone except for Derpy who continued to fly.

“No! Derpy! Stop!” Daring shouted, jumping down from the top of the ship. It was to late, and the rope tugged away from the ground, letting the magically propelled Tiki take off a few feet forward before crashing into the side of the stadium.

“Oops! Did I do that?” she asked, looking embarrassed.

“Well, I guess we better get back to work,” Dinky said, smiling a little at the doctors. “It was nice meeting you all!” she said, hopping away to help her cousin. Derpy flew back over to the Doctors planting her butt on the ground, and smiling a little at Ten.

“Don't worry, Derpy! I'm sure you will do great!” he said, hugging her quickly. “We will let you get back to work.”

Author's Note:

This chapter by Lipah33