• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 3,013 Views, 61 Comments

The Chaos of Harmony - Teal-Tome



What will happen when Discord truns good? Will he trick the Princesses into believing he has finally turn good? How will this affect Equestria?

  • ...
16
 61
 3,013

Prologue: The Incident

As the Elements of Harmony pulse waiting for its powers to be unleashed, Discord, Lord of Chaos, was terrified. Since leaving his stone tomb, he never thought his reign of chaos would never end.

“Noooooo!” Discord exclaimed as the Elements hit his body. A blinding flash startled everyone near where Discord was sitting.

“We did it girls, we defeated Discord!” said Twilight.

From the long-legged bunnies to the candy cotton clouds, everything in Equestria went back to harmony. As the dust cleared from where Discord last sat, a figure was laying down on the grass.

The figure woke up traumatized, “Where am I? Ah, what just…happened?” As he stood, he look at the multicolored ponies, “Can somepony please tell me where I am!” Stunned, the multicolored ponies stood there speechless.

Twilight said “It seems the elements didn’t work. Girls let’s try harder this time!”

The group went into formation and POOF… nothing happen.

Discord yelled, “What are you trying to do to me? I am not trying to hurt you, my little ponies. I just need somepony to answer my question!”

Still shocked, Twilight couldn’t come up with an explanation, Why did the Elements fail on us? Or did they work? There has to be an explanation for this! Fluttershy was shaken by the sight of Discord, she was behind Rainbow Dash, and whispered to group “Ummm, what do we do now?” None of her friends’ paid attention to what the yellow pony had to say.

Finally, Pinkie Pie went closer to the draconequus creature, “Sir, you are in Ponyville” With a confused look on his face he said, “What is this “Ponyville” you speak of? Where are Celly and Lu-Lu? I must speak to them; they will fill me in on what’s going on around here.”

Applejack walked up next to the party pony, and tried to comfort the creature in distress. “Calm down sugarcube, everything will be alright; you just need to calm down.”

Rainbow Dash confronted Twilight and said, “What’s your plan, Twilight? What should we do?”

Twilight with a blank expression on her face said, “Let’s take him back to the library, and then we will figure out what to do with him.”

Back at the Library, Princess Celestia and Luna were waiting for the arrival of Twilight and her friends along with Discord. As Twilight and the gang entered the Ponyville Library, they were surprised to see that the majesties were lying down in the middle of the room with a concern look on their faces. Last to enter was none other than the Lord of Chaos himself, Discord. Discord was full of joy to see Celestia and Luna were there, he approached the middle of the room.

“Ah, long time no see, how have you been Celly and Lu-Lu?”

Luna stood up and pointed her hoof to Discord and said “HALT, THOU SHALL NOT TAKE ANOTHER STEP!” Discord stopped, frighten by Luna’s voice.

“You…don’t recognize me, why so much hate against me, my dear Lu-Lu?” Celestia was the next to stand up, and walked around Discord several times. She though to herself, this isn’t the same Discord we incased in stone, could it be…

Celestia put a hoof on Luna’s back and says, “Sister, put your hoof down!” Discord had a face of filled with happiness, got closer to Celestia.

“Celly, my dear, thanks for not screaming at me or threating me, I’ve been having a terrible, terrible day.” She was surprised; Did the Elements transform him to his old “kind” self? “No worries, my old friend… I’m glad to see you are back!” Celestia exclaimed.

As the Princess stopped talking, Twilight yelled, “Princess Celestia, what do you mean “old friend”? Don’t you see that he is playing a trick on us! He is the lord of chaos, CHAOS”

The draconequus hid behind Celestia shaking with fear, “My little pony, why did you call me the “lord of chaos”? Celly please calm her down!”

Celestia needed to tell the truth about Discord, she knew that he had changed. “All of you, I have something to say, Discord isn’t the person you know.” The room was silent, “You see, before he went on his reign of chaos, he used to be a personal friend of mine and Luna. He was the most loyal, kind, honest, generous pony I knew. He was also one of the most powerful being to exist.”

When Celestia mentioned all of the Elements of Harmony, Twilight was concerned. “So…Princess, what you are to saying? That we should trust Discord and forget all the chaos he created? “.

“Yes”, she whispered something to Luna, then approached Discord and said, “My friend, come with us, we'll fill you in” then she looked at the of the ponies in the room, “As for the rest of you, go back to your normal duties, we need some time with Discord and help him adjust to this world.”

As the door closed, Spike came into the room, “Oh, you guys are back! So did you defeat Discord?” The room stood silent, “Well, you see Spike the Elements worked on Discord but…” Spike was confused, “… but what Twilight?” “The Elements didn’t defeat Discord, but it seems that the Elements changed him…” After Twilight finished explaining to Spike what had happen, a letter arrived from the Princesses.

Dear my little ponies,

We would like to inform that due to recent events, we need to keep Discord in the shadows for a while. He is certainly not ready to face the world that he is in right now. We have caught him up on the history of Equestria. The Royal Guard will be keeping a close eye on him, so don’t worry about Princess Luna or I. We would like for all of you to come to the Palace, tomorrow at 9 o’clock. I need you to do something for us. I'll explain more once you're here in Canterlot. I feel that you should know a secret that I have been holding since Discord left his stone tomb. All will be explain tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia

“Well, I must go, I need my beauty sleep if I am to go to the palace. Goodnight everypony, I will see you all tomorrow.” As Rarity left, every other pony in the room was looking tired.

“I recommend you all go to sleep, we are all exhausted from earlier. Hopefully we'll all get some answers tomorrow.”

With that, everypony left, and only Twilight and her assistant were there. Twilight needed an answer, and she needed it now. “Spike, I need you to find me all the books about Equestria’s history.” He whined, “But Twilight, it’s almost midnight, why don’t you make Owlicious do it!” Twilight glared at her assistant, “Fine, but I’m sleeping in late!”


Hours before, the Princesses and the Lord of chaos arrived at the Palace, “Welcome to our home Discord” Discord was shocked, “I see that this place has changed, it much nicer!”

Celestia exclaimed, “Aw! Thanks! Do you want anything to eat? How about a drink?”

His stomach growled, “Sure, I would love something to eat Celly!” The Princess ordered one of the Royal Guards to go to the Kitchen and get a sandwich for Discord.

“We want to give you a proper tour of the Palace, and then we shall explain everything to you, but first let’s eat”

After finishing their meals, they began their tour, “So…how have you been Celly and Lu-Lu?” Celestia responded, “Well, good except for some incidents…” Discord was puzzled, “What do you mean by “some incidents”?” Celestia took a deep breath. “You see, Lu-Lu became bitter about ponies not enjoying the night. So she became so bitter she turned into a wicked mare of darkness.”

Luna was covering her ears with her hoofs. “Stop Celly! You know I hate it when I am reminded about that!” She ran up to her room, crying, Discord close behind her.

“Let her go, she will be fine. As I was saying, she turned into a wicked mare of darkness, she wanted to make our world live in darkness but with the Elements, I banished her to the moon.”

Discord was shocked. “So that’s why she was crying.”

Discord and Celestia stopped and she continued, “Well, there is more to it, she came back after a thousand years and wanted to imprison our world in darkness until…” Discord was becoming impatient.

“Until what Celly?”

Celestia took another deep breath, “Until they brought me my sister using the Elements of Harmony.” “So are the little ponies back in “Ponyville” the bearers of the Elements, are they the ones who brought back Lu-Lu to you?” Celestia nodded.

“Ah, well anything else I should know about Celly?”

Celestia responded, “Not really, it seems that you are taking all of this news so well. I’m glad you’re back!” She pecks a kiss on his cheek and said goodnight to him. He stood their shocked, Why did she…? Does she have feelings for me? I need some rest. Soon after the Royal Guards arrived and showed him to his sleeping quarters.


Back at the Ponyville Library, Twilight grabbed any book that related to the princesses and Discord. She needed to find out what kind of friendship Discord and princesses had.

“Twilight its past midnight, go to sleep, you have an important day ahead of you!”

The magical pony didn’t stop researching. As she looked through every book twice, it seemed she would never find info on the princesses and Discord. After more than 40 minutes, she finally gave up, she headed into her bedroom. Spike was already in his bed, Twilight rolled her eyes as Spike was once again sleep talking.

“Oh Rarity…you are...so beautiful.”

She climbed up to her bed and she thought, tomorrow I shall know the history behind them, I hope the princesses are okay with him being inside the palace. And with that finally went to sleep.