• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 4,587 Views, 276 Comments

The Adventures of Supermare: Side Stories to Mare of Steel - iowaforever



Rainbow Dash grows in her role as Supermare

  • ...
2
 276
 4,587

Superfilly

I do not own Superman or My Little Pony (wish I did; that'd be cool)


Superfilly

Rainbow Dash crept through the hallways of her house, her hooves squishing against the clouds. Her foe was unaware, too wrapped up in her own exploits to know what was approaching. Certain she was not being watched, Rainbow Dash continued along, stopping only to make adjustments to her cape.

The house was furnished enough that she could sneak through it with ease, giving her complete surprise. Her size also aided in her spying ability, as she could easily peak over tables and chairs and stay out of sight. Rainbow Dash smiled; everything was going according to plan, and she would finally have victory over her opponent.

Said opponent was standing inside the kitchen, looking over a collection of old letters. She was a pink mare with a blue mane and tail, but to Rainbow Dash she was the villain, an unspeakable monster who reveled in the grief of other ponies. Rainbow Dash, however, was the hero, a paragon of goodness come to protect the innocent and weak from the horrors of the world around them. She was faster, stronger, smarter than any pony alive, and she feared nothing.

And now the hero must defeat the evil villain! Rainbow Dash thought as she stalked closer and closer. When she was within reach, she let out a cry and launched herself at the other Pegasus, using her wings to glide the rest of the way. She did not hit with a lot of force, but it was enough to startle the mare out of her focus.

“Rainbow Dash,” Firefly asked as the filly began scrambling across her back “What are you doing?”

“Who’s Rainbow Dash? I’m Superfilly! Defender of Cloudsdale, foe of Tyranny!”

“Do you even know what that means?” Rainbow Dash paused from her attempts to overpower her mother.

“Uh... no... But all my friends said that that’s what superheroes are supposed to oppose!”

“And you’re trying to oppose me?”

“Yes!” Rainbow Dash pointed a hoof at Firefly “You are my arch-nemesis, Mom-Lady! You use your evil powers of evil to impose early bedtimes and alfalfa sauce! Well I, Superfilly, will remove your threat once and for all!” Rainbow Dash began to tug at Firefly’s right wing while the older mare laughed.

“So, you want to oppose me?” she unfurled her left wing and used it to reach back towards her daughter “Try opposing this.” she began to gently stroke the tips of her feathers against Rainbow Dash’s side. The filly stopped trying to pry the other wing open and began to giggle.

“H-hey! That’s not fair!” She swatted at the feathers with her hooves, but Firefly persisted and began to brush her daughter faster “S-Stop! Ha ha ha! P-please!”

“I don’t think I will.” Firefly giggled and started to use both wings to tickle Rainbow Dash.

“Hee-Hee, n-no! I-I’m s-supposed to win! C-cut that out!” she began to thrash around before losing her balance and dropping to the floor, the soft clouds causing her to bounce when she landed. Free of her mother’s tickling, she took off running, trying to reach the sanctuary of her room.

“I’m coming to get you, silly filly!” Firefly called before taking off after Rainbow Dash. The filly was fast, but she was still a filly who had yet to master flight, and her stubby legs were no match for her mother’s wings. Rainbow Dash had almost reached her room when Firefly grabbed her and rolled her over, the older mare blowing a raspberry into Dash’s stomach. Rainbow Dash squealed and continued to squirm while her mother continued to tickle her, the two ponies collapsing into a pile of giggles.

When she had finally calmed down, Rainbow Dash rolled over and lay against her mother’s side, the older mare draping one of her wings over Rainbow Dash. The filly smiled, snuggling up against her mother while tugging at the towel tied around her neck.

“Guess I’m not that great of a superhero.” she said, finally managing to pull the towel from her neck.

“You’ll always be a superhero to me.” Firefly said, leaning in to nuzzle Rainbow Dash.

“But I can’t even overpower my arch-nemesis. How can I be a superhero if I can’t overpower my arch-nemesis?”

“There’s more than just strength, Rainbow.”

“But all that other stuff is boring.”

“Well, sometimes we need to focus on the boring stuff, otherwise we go so fast our whole lives go by without us enjoying them. Do you want to leave me and Dad behind?”

“No! Of course not! But... I still want to do all the fun stuff.”

“You can, just remember about everything else.” Rainbow Dash smiled and snuggled closer.

...

When Thunderhead came home that night, he found his wife and daughter curled up on the floor, sleeping soundly. He walked over to the two and began to stroke Firefly, stirring the older mare from her sleep.

“Fun day?” he asked, trying not to wake the sleeping filly.

“Yes. She was playing superhero and thought I was her nemesis.” she looked down at her daughter “Then she fell asleep and I guess I dozed off too.”

“Well, let’s get the little hero to bed.” Firefly nodded and scooped Rainbow Dash up in her hooves, the filly mumbling something about “Mom-Lady” before rolling over. Once the filly was tucked in, the two ponies exited her room and went into the kitchen.

“Do you think she knows?” Thunderhead asked.

“About what?”

“About... well, what she is?”

“Thunder, this was just innocent playtime. I don’t think she has a clue.” Firefly sighed “I still think we’ve been dancing around this issue for quite some time.”

“Five years is ‘quite some time’?”

“Yes. Rainbow Dash deserves the right to know where she comes from.”

“I’m all for telling her, but we can’t just walk up to her and say ‘Good news! You’re an alien!’ Do you know what that would do to her?”

“Rainbow’s stronger than you think.”

“... Yes, I know. But she’s only five; she’d get excited and tell everypony she met she was an alien, and if that pony happened to be a guard-”

“Thunder, you’re being paranoid again.” there was a pause.

“Sorry.” he said, walking over to Firefly “I just want her to be safe.”

“I know.” she said, resting her head against his neck “I do too.”


So, these stories are going to be whatever did not make it into Mare of Steel either due to awkward pacing or lack of room. I hope you enjoy. Likes and comments are appreciated.