• Published 31st Dec 2011
  • 17,971 Views, 417 Comments

Mario & Luigi: Of Ponies and Plumbers - EverSoNitro



A Mario/My Little Pony crossover based on the Mario & Luigi RPG series

  • ...
14
 417
 17,971

Side Chapter A

The group decided to investigate the wreckage, and proceeded to down the wrecked path. Eventually, they began to hear a pair of voices through all the smoke.

“Careful now, Derpy, careful!” A male, British sounding voice said, before a loud metallic clang sounded out. “Ugh, blast it, I can’t see a thing through all this smoke!” It almost sounded like he had something held in his mouth.

“Sorry Doctor…” A second, female, sort of simple sounding voice said. “I can maybe try and clear some of this smoke!”

“Hold on, don’t-“ But the frantic voice was too late, as there was a gust of wind that drove the smoke away. “You must learn to listen, Miss Hooves! You just blew away some vital components!” The group could now see the ponies the voices belonged to. One was a brown, Earth Pony stallion with an hourglass for a Cutie Mark, and the other was a wall-eyed, grey, Pegasus branded with a set of bubbles. They were both examining some sort of blue metal box.

“Oops, sorry Doctor…” The Pegasus, known to be Derpy, said. She looked up, and noticed the group of heroes watching them. “Oh, hi everypony!” She said, prompting the stallion to look up.

“Oh, hello there everyone!” The Doctor said, he tromped over. “What are you all doing out here?”

“Hello Doctor,” Twilight said. “We were just passing through, and noticed you two down here. Is everything alright?”

“Oh, what, this?” The Doctor replied. “This is nothing serious, just a bit of trouble with the TARDIS is all.”
Twilight, and by extension almost everyone that had met the Doctor since he came to Ponyville, still wasn’t exactly sure what this TARDIS was, but they knew at the very least that it was the flying blue box that he and Derpy were always traveling around in.

“I see,” she replied. “Well, is there anything we can do to help?”

“Actually, there is,” The Doctor said. He then pointed down in the direction that Derpy had blown the smoke. “You see, a few components of the TARDIS got blown down that way, but I have to stay by the old girl, make sure she doesn’t try to scamper off on me in her condition.” He seemed to be referring to his machine. “Would you all be sports and go collect them up for me? There were about four of them!”

“Sure thing!” Twilight said. “Come on everyone, let’s go!” Everyone went down into the thick foliage, while the Doctor and Derpy stayed by the police box.

Rarity’s new dowsing spell proved invaluable in finding the pieces, and within a few moments, the group had returned.
“Brilliant!” The Doctor said as he collected up the pieces from them. He then returned to his device, and practically dived into the open panel, buzzes and sparks sounding out from it. Derpy decided to keep the conversation moving while the Doctor worked.

“So, what brings you all through the Everfree forest?” Derpy asked. “I don’t think this is the kind of place your just take a walk through for no reason.”

“Well, you see,” Twilight explained, “The princess of the Mushroom Kingdom, Princess Peach, came to visit Equestria on diplomatic business. In the middle of her meeting with Princess Celestia, Discord somehow broke free of his prison, and helped Bowser, a tyrant from the Mushroom Kingdom, invade and kidnap the princesses! My friends and I are helping Mario and Luigi,” Twilight gestured to the brothers, who tipped their caps to the walleyed pegasus, “travel back to the Mushroom Kingdom and rescue the princesses!”

“Did you just say Discord’s loose?” The Doctor said from inside the TARDIS’s panel. He straightened up and closed the cover, uttering a “There, finished,” as he did so.

“That’s right,” Twilight said. “Why?”

“Well, that would explain why the TARDIS is acting up,” he replied. “Last time he was loose, the old girl was completely out of control! It dragged Miss Hooves and I halfway across time and space before he was dealt with! Thank you for that, by the way,” he added.

He trotted over to the group. “Well, thank you all for your help,” he said, dipping his head. “I’d love to repay you for your troubles, and just take you where you need to go, but I’m afraid it’s just too risky to travel in the TARDIS, what with all the ambient chaos in the air that comes with Discord being free.”

“Oh, perish the thought,” Rarity said. “It was our pleasure to help, darling!”

“Well, alright, if that’s how you feel-“ he began, though he was suddenly cut off by the sudden sound of movement. As everyone looked around to find the source, a group of Monty Moles suddenly burst up from the ground, with a particularly large one bursting up from in front of them all, adorned with a soldier’s helmet.

“ATTENTION MAGGOTS!” The lead mole shouted. “YOU ARE GUILTY OF THE CRIMES OF THEFT, TRESSPASSING, AND THREATENING THE INTERESTS OF KING BOWSER! BY ORDER OF ME, GENERAL BROLE MOLE, YOU ARE TO BE SIEZED AND MADE PRISONERS OF BOWSER’S ARMY! MEN, ATTACK!” The military mole and his entourage all pulled themselves fully from the ground and rushed forward to meet the group.

As Mario and Luigi stood in front of the ponies, keeping the ponies protected, the Doctor came up to Mario.

“Blimey, look at them all!” he said. “You’re gonna have a hard time keeping them in check, mate.” He seemed to be deep in thought for a moment, before he suddenly seemed to have a stroke of inspiration, and ran back to his TARDIS, dashing inside. Suddenly, the police box sputtered to life, before floating over beside Mario, and lowering down to a position about an inch off the ground.

“Right, I’ve got an idea, but it is bloody dangerous. Climb in, I’ll explain everything inside.” Mario hopped into the TARDIS, and it ascended to a few feet above the Monty Moles. Suddenly, the machine began to spin wildly in the air, and it seemed to rain copies of Mario of all different ages from the spinning machine, all of which bounced off the heads of the Monty Moles below before leaping into duplicate TARDISes that appeared and disappeared for each different Mario. The assault didn’t let up until all the Monty Moles were gone, at which point the original TARDIS floated back down to where it started.

“Right,” The Doctor said as he and Mario climbed out. “I guess that’s a way I CAN help you all.” He thought for a moment before continuing, turning to everyone. “Okay, so, as thanks for helping me repair the TARDIS, I’ll help you whenever you’re in a bit of a sticky situation. Sound alright to you all?”

“That’d be great!” Twilight replied. “We can use all the help we can get!”

“Brilliant!” The Doctor replied. “So, just flag me down whenever you need me. Don’t worry if you can’t see me at all, I’ll be able to find you just fine.” He then turned to his assistant. “Now then, Miss Hooves, I’m going to try and fly the TARDIS into Ponyville. I need you to stay outside and make sure she stays steady.”

“Okay Doctor!” Derpy replied. As the Doctor stepped into the TARDIS, Derpy fluttered into the air and hovered just beside the machine, hooves out to help guide it. The machine lifted into the air, and with a bit of a wavering path, the police box headed in the direction of Ponyville.

“Bye everypony!” Derpy called out, waving to the eight heroes. The TARDIS took a dangerous dip to the side, prompting the Doctor to call out “Careful, Derpy!”

As the heroes waved goodbye to the pair, they all turned to each other.

“Well, that wasn’t a complete waste of time,” Twilight said. “At least we’ve got someone helping us now.”

Rainbow Dash seemed to realize something. “Hey, wait a minute; he said he was flying to Ponyville! Why didn’t we ask him to take us there?”

“Darling, do you honestly think all eight of us would have fit in that tiny booth?” Rarity said. “I’m surprised Mario was able to fit in with him just now!”

Mario was about to point out that it was actually quite spacious on the inside, but Twilight cut him across. “Whatever, let’s head back to the main path. Ponyville can’t be too far from here, right?” The eight heroes nodded, and they walked out of the wrecked path, and back onto the main path, so that they could continue through the Everfree Forest.