• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 3,911 Views, 76 Comments

A Lyra/Bon-Bon Fic - StormHoof32



Lyra and Bon-bon meet for the first time

  • ...
14
 76
 3,911

A New Surprise

Lyra sat there, as worried as ever. She hadn't seen Bon-Bon all day. Lyra began to get antsy as Bon-Bon cantered through the door.

"Bonnie! I missed you!" she said half sad, and half happy.

"Sorry Lyra, but I was busy." she replied as she cuddled up to Lyra on the couch. It had been like this for three days. Lyra would sit there like a dog, waiting for it's master to come home. And then Bon-Bon would come in and Lyra would perk up.
But she was getting tired of this.

"Bon-Bon, where are you always going off to?" she asked, her head lying in Bon-Bons lap.

"I can't tell you, It's a surprise." she replied. Lyra Immediately sat up.

"Surprise!?" she shouted.

Bon-Bon jumped at the sudden outburst.

"Yes, a surprise. But you'll have to wait." she said as she quickly kissed the excited Unicorn. Lyra couldn't help herself. she was Like Pinkie pie in a way. She always had energy, and she loved surprises. Just knowing that Bon-Bon had another surprise for her made her want to run in circles. In other words, she felt giddy.

"Bonnie! you gotta tell me what it is!" she pleaded.

"No." she replied, a wide grin on her face.

Lyra knew that Bon-Bon was toying with her.

"Fine, I'll just go play my Lyre in the park for a little while, It'll help me calm down." Lyra said as she left.

Bon-Bon watched her leave and then sighed in relief. Wow, that was close. she thought to herself. She didn't want Lyra to know that she had booked her a performance at the Ponyville theater. She's supposed to play on Friday. She went about, cleaning up the mess Lyra had made while waiting for Bon-Bon to get home.

As to why Bon-Bon had kept coming home late, she was over at the Theater, talking to the head curator. She wanted to make sure everything was perfect for her lovers performance. She smiled thinking about the look on Lyra's face when she would tell her.

******************

Bon-Bon stood waiting in the dark. She was waiting for Lyra to come home from the market. Suddenly the door opened.

"Bon-Bon, you home?" she asked as she turned on the light.

"Surprise!" Bon-Bon yelled, jumping up from behind the couch.

Lyra jumped, causing the saddlebags to fall off as she clutched at her heart.

"Bon-Bon, what the hay!" she said as soon as she had calmed down.

"Your surprise." she said smiling.

Lyra smiled too as she cantered over and hugged Bon-Bon.

"So whats my surprise?" she asked.

"This." Bon-Bon replied as she handed a sheet of paper to Lyra. Lyra looked puzzled until she looked down at the paper. It was a list of performers for the night, and right there in the middle, was Lyras name. She was stunned.

"Oh...My...Bon-Bon! your the greatest!!!!" she yelled, kissing her lover passionately.

Bon-Bon smiled.

"Come on, you need to get ready." she sat smiling as Lyra dashed to her room to make herself presentable.

Meanwhile

Rarity stood impatiently waiting for Fluttershy to get to her boutique. The day before, she had given Fluttershy a ticket to tonight's performance. She wanted it to be special, so she decided to take her to dinner first. She didn't mind Fluttershy being fashionably late, but this, this was a travesty.

Then the door opened and Fluttershy trotted in.

"I'm so sorry im late Rarity." she said quietly.

"What ever took you so long darling?" rarity asked.

"Oh, Angel has a cold, so I couldn't leave him alone. So I told Rainbow to look after him." she replied.

Rarity frowned.

"I don't think that was wise Fluttershy, Rainbow isn't really the best choice for the job darling." she said to the Shy pegasus.

"Oh, um well then I should probably go find somepony else to watch him th-" Fluttershy said as she was silenced by Rarity's hoof.

"We're already late as it is darling, come now, we must be on our way." she said as she grabbed her scarf.

Her and Fluttershy trotted out the door and headed to Horsia's restaurant.

************************

Bon-Bon sat down in the front row and watched act after act, a lot of the performers where amazingly talented, but she still believed that Lyra would be a lot better. She became excited when they announced, "Please give applause for our very own, Lyra Heartstrings!"

Bon-Bon stomped her hooves as loud as she could as Lyra came out onto the stage. She brought her lyre out and strummed a few notes. Then she began playing. This song was different than the ones she had heard before. It was beautiful! Then Lyra began singing, and as soon as the sound of Lyra's voice reached her ears she was lost to it's rhythm.

She heard her name in the lyrics and smiled, it was a song for her. She looked around and noticed that everyone had a smile on their face. Finally Lyra finished her song and took a bow as she looked out over the crowd. Suddenly the crowd burst into applause, and Roses started flying up to the stage. Bon-Bon looked up at her lover and saw tears streaming from her eyes.

When Lyra had gotten off stage and had grabbed as many roses as she could, she trotted to where Bon-Bon was sitting and smiled at her. This had been the happiest moment of her life, and she wanted nothing more than to share it with Bon-Bon. She leaned close and kissed her as passionately as she possibly could as Bon-Bon kissed back, knowing that she had made her marefriend happier than ever!

****************************

Rarity got up out of her seat as Fluttershy followed her out the door and down the street.

"Oh Rarity, that show was wonderful. And that performer with the lyre was amazing." she said smiling at Rarity.

"Oh yes, It was simply divine." Rarity replied as she kissed Fluttershy lightly on the lips.

Fluttershy blushed as she felt the White mares soft lips brush against her own. For some reason, she loved Rarity more than anything. She kissed her back.

"You know Darling, I can't explain it, but you make me happier than I have ever been." Rarity said as she broke the kiss.

Fluttershy just blushed again.

"Uh...Rarity?" she asked.

"Yes darling?" Rarity replied.

Fluttershy stammered before finally speaking.

"Um, are y-you d-doing anything t-tomorrow night?" she asked.

"Actually, I'm not. Why do you ask?"

"Well I-I was wondering if you wanted to come have dinner with me." she said.

"Oh darling I'd love to!" Rarity said smiling.

After establishing the date, Rarity walked with Fluttershy to her cottage, kissing her goodnight.