• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 734 Views, 9 Comments

A Killer Dream - Moonshine9012



Blue 'Ace' Bass has a dream about fighting Starkiller a month before returning to Equestria

  • ...
10
 9
 734

A Killer Dream

A Killer Dream: Prologue
==================

One month before Dan, also known as Blue 'Ace' Bass, returned to Equestria, he had a dream. This dream was the start of his return to who he once was.


A Killer Dream: The Story
==================

Dan laid his head down to rest for the night. The last week or so had been a pretty hectic one. He had to get ready for the shooting of the new Fast and Furious movie that started in three days. Then his robot, Wheatley, had had a slipped computer disk in his back that Dan had to fix.

That took about a day and a half; he had forgotten how intricately his eccentric robot had been made. On top of all that, he had had to deal with splitting headaches all week. He had tried everything from Advil, to ice packs, to a personal masseuse. Nothing had helped in even the slightest.

He had gone to the doctor's office, which only worsened his headache, to see if they could help. The doctor was FAR from helpful. He acted as if he had better things to do than his job. Well, wasn't that a shocker. He prescribed some medicine, plenty of water and bed rest.

He said all that in less than a minute then he was gone. This did nothing to help Dan's headache or mood. He had gone to the pharmacist to get the prescription then was home. He took it with water and went to lie down. It didn't help AT ALL. It might have made it worse actually.

So here he was, trying to get rest. Like that was going to happen he thought as he winced. As he lay there, he started thinking. Along with the almost unbearable headaches came these weird visions. The visions were of a boy, no older than seventeen years of age.

In each of the visions, Dan could only hear certain things. It was as if someone, or thing, was filtering what he could and could not hear. The one thing he always heard, regardless of the vision, was the boys name. Besides only being able to hear certain things, he also could only see certain things.

But just like the boy's name he always heard, the one he always saw was when the boy was fighting and in pain. And it seemed as if the kid was in quite a lot of pain and battles. Every time a vision flashed in front of his eyes, his headaches nearly tripled in pain, sometimes leaving him curled in the fetal position for minutes.

As he lay there in his bed, thinking, his eyelids began to get heavier and heavier. Despite his headaches and how much he fought it for some reason, his eyelids continued to descend. Finally, he gave into to relief that was sleep.

Then the dream began.


Thump-thump...

thump-thump...

thump-thump...

Dan opened his eyes slowly, surprised and a little weary that he could hear his heartbeat that load. What he saw in front of him and all around him was nothing but the endless expanse of black. He tried to move something, anything at all, but found he was in suspended animation, so he couldn't.

So he resigned himself to just float there in the endless expanse. He floated there for who knows how long, just him and his thoughts. The good thing about all this was that he was finally rid of those mind destroying headaches. He hummed contentedly as he floated.

After a while, he could feel himself slowly descending to who knows where. He finally hit something solid, like stone perhaps. Looking down, he found that he was standing on solidified darkness. It was then that he also found that he was human no longer.

His eyes widened as he frantically looked around at himself. He was a navy blue horse- no, not a horse, a pony. A pony?! Looking again at himself, he saw that he had long, navy blue colored wings to match his coat. A pegasus pony? Why am I a pegasus?!

Glancing at his flank, he saw that he had Bass clefs on it. What the heck is going on?!?! His thoughts were interrupted by a low, rumbling sound that seemed to shake him to his very core. Looking towards the source of the sound, Dan saw a man starting to appear.

The man was sitting cross legged on the 'ground' and had on a rather tattered set of cloths. He had quite a few scars adorning his face and where the arms, legs, and chest were exposed. He completely solidified and sat there for a moment, meditating.

Dan looked at the man, studying him. He soon realized that the man was in fact not a man but a boy. The boy couldn't have been older than seventeen years old. It started to dawn on him till everything clicked.

"Starkiller" Dan said in a shocked tone.

Starkiller, for that was the boy's name, slowly opened his eyes. He stared at Dan with cold, hard, calculating eyes. He didn't say anything, just stared at the pony in front of him. Dan got a good look at the boy's eyes. Where joy, happiness and the longing for adventure would have been: hate, death, and destruction ruled.

Finally, Starkiller said, "So, the alien can speak. How intriguing."

Dan was both shocked and annoyed at being called an alien. The again, he was a pegasus at the moment. Dan especially didn't like the way the kid said 'intriguing'.

The boy continued, saying in a mocking tone, "Tell me alien, can you think and speak full sentences? Or are you too stupid for that?"

Dan, starting to get pissed, raised an eyebrow and said in an annoyed voice, "Uh, duh? Why wouldn't I be able to?"

Starkiller smirked, blowing off the question and said, "Then answer me this: are you the one my master refers to as 'Ace'?"

Dan opened his mouth to say no but instead, it came out as, "Yeah, I am. What's it to you?"

A hint of surprise and, shock?, entered Starkiller's eyes then vanished as quickly as it came.

"Hmm, I am surprised. My master speaks as if you are powerful, powerful enough to kill the Emperor. He does not believe I will pass this trial."

Dan said nothing as the boy slowly rose and unhooked a weapon from his belt. Ace didn't know what it was called but he had seen the weapon in action enough times to know that it could do some serious damage.

Starkiller ignited the blade and said, "Your end will be painful, Elemental. I promise you this."

With that, he let out a battle cry and charged Dan. Ace backed up a little, trying to think of a way out of this. Instantly, blue armor outlined with black appeared on him. A vision flashed through his head of him flicking a hoof and a golden scimitar appearing.

Not having much time, Dan flicked his hoof and brought it up to block the oncoming saber. He was both surprised and grateful beyond reason when the sword did, in fact, appear and stop Starkiller's weapon. The boy grunted in frustration and surprise when he saw what Ace had done.

Another vision flashed through his brain. This one was of him fighting a giant, hybrid thing in black armor, ax in claw, outside of a- is that a castle?

Grunting, he pushed against the kid and said through gritted teeth, "You can't promise anything. I don't die easy."

With that, he pushed Starkiller off his sword, then turned and bucked him a few feet back. He flicked his other hoof and the second golden scimitar appeared. Thinking of his latest vision and how he had fought, he let his instincts take over. Extending his wings, he sent a powerful gust towards the already stunned assailant.

Satisfied his opponent was effectively stunned, he rushed over and brought his sword across his chest. The cut was long and deep. It instantly started gushing blood all over his body. Growling, the boy swung his saber up and struck Ace's left scimitar. The force of the impact knocked the weapon from Dan's hoof.

Thrusting out his free hand, Starkiller sent the Element bearer flying head over hoof backwards. Letting out another shout, he jumped to where Dan had landed and slashed at his back. Ace rolled away but not before the blade cut into the thin space on his back where the wing muscles were.

Crying out in pain, Dan took to the air and called his other scimitar back to him. Pushing through the pain, Ace said, "Ahh, can the little boy not fly? Ahh, so sad for the wittle boy."

The teenager roared in rage and made a fist with his left hand. Instantly, one of Ace's wings crumpled and he fell to the ground. Now in twice the pain, Dan mumble to himself, "Ok, shouldn't have taunted him. Pissing him off: bad idea."

Now it was Starkiller's turn. "Well look at the poor alien, all alone on the ground. Tell me, how does it feel not to be able to use you wings? Hmm? Too painful to answer? Of course it would be. You pathetic ponies can't handle anything."

The Elemental growled as he stood to his hooves. Spinning around faster then Dash was, (Dash?), he through his scimitars at the warrior. Bringing his red saber up a little to slow, the scimitars entered his right thigh and left shoulder joint.

He cried out in pain as Ace called the golden swords back to him.

Starkiller had fallen to a knee, his left arm hanging limply by his side, blood flowing freely from his injuries.

"Had enough yet?" Dan called.

The Sith growled and said, "Oh, I'm just getting started."

Dropping his weapon, Starkiller thrust his right hand out. Instantly, lightning shot from his hand, engulfing the pegasus.

"AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!" Ace screamed.

Starkiller laughed as Ace's Elemental armor absorbed the lighting like a magnet. Finally, after what seemed like hours, Starkiller's onslaught finally stopped. Dan collapsed into a heap of smoking and chard armor. He lay there, moaning every now and then as the Sith limped over.

"How pathetic. And here I thought it would be difficult to kill you. Well, I can see that both my master and myself were sorely wrong" the boy said with a sneer and venom in his voice.

Calling his saber back to his right hand, he ignited it and said, "This will be long and painful."

Little did he know that Ace had also called one of his own weapons to his hoof, as they had been knocked away by the lightning. As Starkiller descended the blade to slowly cut open the pony, Ace took the opportunity to thrust his scimitar into the Sith's heart.

Gasping in pain, the boy's arm twitched and his red saber impaled the 7th Element through the neck. As Starkiller pulled the sword free from his chest, he looked down at the wound then back at Dan before collapsing. As Dan struggled to breath, he saw Starkiller's body start to dissolve into nothing.

As it completely disappeared, Ace's throat was finally too bloody for him to breath through. He started to gurgle the blood as it rain down into his stomach and lungs. He looked down at his body and saw that it too was becoming one with the darkness around him.

So this is how it ends.. Before he lost consciousness, he was blessed with the final vision of two ponies he knew, deep down in his heart.

"Rainbow... Dash..... Blazing.. Dawn...." he said as he breathed his last.


"AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" Dan shouted as he jerked up in his bed.

He sat there for a few minutes, covered in sweat and trying to calm himself down. He frantically felt his throat, making sure it was intact.

"Ok..ok.." he breathed over and over again till he finally got back to sleep.

The next day, Dan remembered nothing of the dream.

One month later, he did.

THE END

Comments ( 8 )

Just a short one-shot for an cross-over contest. Hope yall enjoy it! :scootangel:

I say, good sir, this was astonishing. Good job, mate! Have a mustache. :moustache:

Oh, and you now have permission to add this to the Universe Usage folder in the fan group. :pinkiehappy:

1421700
Why thank you my friend and I most certainly will. Oh and by the way, nice mustache :moustache:

What is this! The front page updating! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Eh. Not a bad implementation, but gratuitous ending. I'd like to point out that, in the abscence of Applied Phlebotinium, scimitars will be... utterly destroyed by a significant application of focalized energy. So, you get a dislike for that. Pity, it was good except for that. And the fact that scimitars don't really impale. They shear.

1557951
I appreciate your feedback Infinity. What do you think I could do improve the ending?

Also, in answer for the reason for your dislike: Yes, actual scimitars would be destroyed in real life by that much energy being applied to them directly... BUT Thunderhawk wrote them in as magical scimitars, so no, in this story or his, they wouldn't be utterly destroyed. As for the impaling, they can impale, just not as well as some other swords.

Login or register to comment