• Published 10th Oct 2012
  • 16,049 Views, 465 Comments

Your Summon is Pink - 5007



Uzumaki Naruto summons Pinkie Pie. Predictably, Hijinx ensue.

  • ...
43
 465
 16,049

Can Mountains Whistle?

Your Summon is Pink
by 5007 (aka Lord Dragon Claw)

Disclaimer: Those who are both bronies and Narutards should be called bronutardies! ... maybe.

Chapter Two: Can Mountains Whistle?

00000

Shining Armor led them out of the castle, the dark-gray bat-pony following close behind. Out of curiosity, Naruto turned to ask him a few questions.

"So, what's your name?"

The Night Guard, who had green eyes, didn't answer for a moment. "The name I had before I became an opliptera was Figgaro Puddun. My family is in the confection business. I have been assigned the number 'Seven', though Princess Luna insists on calling me 'Figgy'."

Pinkie snorted in amusement.

"Opliptera?" Naruto repeated.

Seven nodded. "Becoming an opliptera is to receive the Blessing of Night. Only earth ponies can receive the Blessing."

"Indeed," added Shining. "As you have probably noticed, not a single earth pony is in the ranks of the actual visible Guard, nor are they among the Knights. Everypony you see is either a unicorn or a pegasus. Earth ponies may join the Royal Ninja Corps if they wish to serve the crown directly."

"And since the return of Princess Luna," the opliptera continued, "The earth ponies who have joined the RNC may receive the Blessing and become Night Guards. We are different from the Day Guards in that we are initially trained as ninja instead of knights."

"What should I call you then?" Naruto asked, not really caring for the complicated politics of his summons; he did understand that it was important to know, but it annoyed him greatly.

"'Seven' when on missions. You may call me 'Figgaro' when we have downtime."

"... but never 'late for dinner', right?"

The stallion gave him a strange look.

"Spike," Twilight began, a few feet ahead of the stallions and the boy, "I'm sure Fluttershy will be worried about her animal friends as we make our way to Whistling Peak."

"Do you want me to look after them?" inquired the drakeling. "I can do that."

"Twilight, can mountains whistle?" asked Pinkie.

"Uh, what?"

Naruto chuckled lightly as Shining and Seven cocked their heads.

"Why would the mountain be called Whistling Peak if it didn't whistle?" Pinkie explained.

"Pinkie," Naruto began, causing the mare to turn her head towards him, "I believe it is called that because the wind makes a whistling sound near the top of the mountain."

"Ohhh."

00000

As they approached the courtyard where another team of pegasi in Guard armor were being hitched to a skywagon, a very large pegasus in silver-trimmed armor began walking towards the group. Shining increased his pace, putting him at the front of the pack and meeting the dark brown pegasus halfway. The unicorn stallion saluted the flame-haired pegasus mare as she returned the salute.

"Captain Shining Armor," she greeted, her voice a bit gruff.

"Captain Meteor Strike," he responded. "I take it that these are the soldiers that are going to escort my sister and her friends safely to Ponyville?"

"Indeed," she confirmed. She then turned her golden eyes to Naruto. "So this is the boy who may yet summon us?"

"Yes Ma'am," Naruto said as he saluted, two fingers to his brow.

She laughed. "No need for a salute, child. I don't really have authority over you."

Naruto smiled. "It still isn't very often that I meet a superior officer that I like."

Her throat roared in mirth. "A charmer with a forked tongue as well!"

She stepped forwards and mussed his hair with a wing tip. "I do hope you pass this test - I hope to work with you."

She was suddenly gone in a gust of air as she rocketed into the sky.

It was a moment before anyone said anything to break the stunned silence that followed.

"I bet she's great at Pegahoops," Pinkie commented.

00000

The ride back to Ponyville was rather uneventful aside from Twilight dictating four different notes addressed to mares known as Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash, in that order. Spike breathed green flames on each note and they disappeared, their smoke trails speeding off ahead of the charging pegasus Guards.
When they landed, four mares, two of which were armored, were waiting outside the library tree. A white rabbit stood atop the head of a yellow pegasus, a belt of kunai strapped to its back.

Twilight stepped out of the skywagon first, followed by Pinkie, Spike, and Naruto as Seven alighted on top of the mailbox outside the library.

"Okay girls, listen up!" Twilight said with authority.

The aforementioned yellow pegasus seemed to cringe slightly while hiding her face behind her long, pink mane. The rabbit on her head saluted though. Her mane did not hide the fact that she wore a necklace similar to Pinkie's, but with a collection of gems shaped into a butterfly motif instead of a balloon. Her forest-green bodysuit had a plethora of pockets stuffed with various small scrolls and other supplies.

Next to her, an orange earth pony mare tilted her Stetson hat back slightly, revealing a long, blonde mane with a jade ring at the end to cinch it together. Her tail was similarly adorned. She wore brown armor plating over a tan bodysuit. Around her throat was another necklace, this time an apple-shaped gem in its center.

Saluting next to her was another pegasus mare with a cyan coat. Her mane and tail were each seven different colors making a rainbow pattern. She wore a set of armor that seemed to have been fashioned out of the scales of some large lizard, possibly a dragon. Her armor appeared to be patterned after the Royal Guard but with several differences: it appeared to be made of significantly less material to allow for freedom of movement and did not have a chain/mesh bodysuit. Instead, the armor was merely strapped on with strips of leather. Painted on the sides of her armor was a rainbow-colored lightning bolt coming from a cloud which matched the gemstone resting on her throat.

The final mare was a white unicorn with a purple, coifed mane and a similarly coifed tail. She wore a simple red kimono with a purple floral pattern print. Strapped to her back were what appeared to be several large scrolls. Like Pinkie, her face was covered in a veil but this one was sheer, allowing Naruto to see her muzzle. Within the center of her necklace was a simple blue gemstone cut into a rhombus-shape. She was calmly paying attention to Twilight.

"Like I said in the notes I sent you, the Princesses have a special mission for us. To ensure we are successful, this human boy is to come with us."

Said human nodded.

"I'm Uzumaki Naruto, the future Hokage!" he boasted getting a mixed reaction from the four mares.

"The Night Guard, Seven, will be accompanying us as well to evaluate Naruto's behavior. Assuming that his performance is satisfactory, the Princesses will allow him to be the first human to sign the Contract."

The girls made a collective gasp before allowing Twilight to continue.

"I assume you have noticed the dark cloud forming around Whistling Peak to the west?"

While the yellow pegasus nodded, meek as can be, the other three took a quick glance to see the black shape obscuring the top of the mountain.

"What is it?" asked the rainbow pegasus.

"It's smoke."

"Oh horseapples," muttered the orange pony.

"But it's not from a fire," continued the purple unicorn, eliciting a sigh of relief from the other ponies. "It's from a dragon."

While the cyan mare grinned and flared her wings, the yellow one squeaked and shuddered. The white mare looked contemplative whereas the orange one facehoofed.

"It's our job to remove the dragon by diplomatic means if possible or by force if necessary. We move out in ten minutes."

With that, Twilight and Spike headed inside the library, the purple mare using her telekinesis to open the door.

The cyan mare snorted. "Ten minutes isn't enough time for us all to introduce ourselves to Naruto here."

"You can still try!" replied Pinkie, bouncing in place.

The mare with the multicolored mane shook her head and stepped forward.

"Name's Rainbow Dash."

"Nice to meet you. What kind of armor is that?"

"Dragonhide," Dash responded. "Isn't it awesome? It belonged to my father."

"Are you sure the dragon on the mountain isn't going to be pissed about your armor?"

"Kid, I'm going to be there to help fight if necessary. I'm not a diplomat - that what Twilight's for."

As she stepped back, the orange mare came forward.

"Nice to meet ya, sugarcube," she said, somehow grasping Naruto's hand with her hoof. "Name's Applejack. Ah run the local apple farm an' the local militia."

"Nice to meet you too," replied the blonde. "What's your armor made of?"

"A special ceramic compound that absorbs magic."

"Magic?"

"Right. Ya'll humans call it 'chakra'. In fact, most of the other summons call it that too."

The white mare was the next to step forward.

"My name is Rarity," she said, holding out her hoof to the boy.

"Nice to meet you," he said in response, shaking the hoof.

She sighed. "Looks like I'm going to have to teach you some manners, Naruto-san. Especially if you wish to become a leader in your own country."

"Huh?"

Rarity smiled. "When a lady presents her hoof or hand, you are supposed to carefully grasp it and kiss the top of it."

"Oh," Naruto said, looking dejected.

"Not to worry dear," she giggled, "we can work on etiquette later, assuming you pass Celestia's and Luna's test."

She stepped back and tried to usher the yellow mare forward. She squeaked and shook her head, but the white rabbit sitting on the crown of her head rolled his eyes and hopped off towards Naruto. He put his arms out and deftly caught it. The rabbit glared right into Naruto's cerulean orbs; Naruto glared right back. After a moment, the rabbit smirked and waved towards the yellow mare.

"O-okay Angel," she stammered at a barely audible volume. She stepped forwards, cowering slightly. "Um, I'm ..." She trailed off, giving Naruto no chance to hear her name clearly.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I didn't catch that."

She squeaked in fear. Naruto smiled, finding the behavior adorable. He quickly thought back to when Twilight was sending missives to other ponies, which he presumed to have been these four mares.

"You're Fluttershy, right?"

Hiding her face behind her mane, she nodded.

"What can you do?"

"Um, I'm a m-medic," she whispered.

"And what about the rabbit here?" he asked, looking at the smirking lagomorph.

"He's a demon in taijutsu, that one," Applejack piped up. "Ah've never seen a familiar defend their owner with such ferocity."

At that point, the library door opened again, Twilight stepping out. She was levitating a sheet of parchment. Angel hopped out of Naruto's arms and back onto Fluttershy's head.

"I'm sorry everypony, for taking so long," she said. "We couldn't find the map to Whistling Peak because it wasn't where it was supposed to go."

"Yes it was," grumbled Spike.

She hovered the map in front of her as she looked towards the mountain, muttering every so often.

Fluttershy edged her way over to Twilight and whispered something to her. Naruto didn't catch the conversation as Seven trotted over.

"So you have met the Elements of Harmony," the opliptera began. "Rather, you met the Bearers of the Elements. They are national heroes."

"Oh? How so?"

"They freed Princess Luna from the curse of Nightmare Moon. Because they liberated her from that madness, she was able to return to her sister's side and allowed her to be able to grant the Blessing of Night again. Without these six mares, I'd still be stuck in the RNC and would never be able to join the Guard."

"Why not? Why aren't earth ponies allowed to join the Royal Guard?"

"It has to do with the abilities of each race-" Seven gestured with a hoof towards Twilight. "-unicorns can project magic and cast it outside their bodies. And pegasi-" He then pointed at Rainbow Dash. "-can manipulate the weather with their magic. But earth ponies must use their chakra internally for the most part. Becoming opliptera grants us additional abilities and allows us to guard the Princesses from all threats, not just the outright physical ones."

"What!?" exclaimed Twilight, grabbing Naruto's and Seven's attention. "Fluttershy, we need you to come. You have valuable experience that pertains to diplomatic relations with dragons. Besides, what if we need to use the Elements?"

As Twilight turned back to her map, Fluttershy squeaked and stammered before she gave up.

"Also," the unicorn added, "Spike is going to look after your animal friends in the meadow."

"Just leave it to me!" the dragon chirped, a couple of birds perched on his green head frills, with a squirrel curled up in one claw and a snake wrapped around the other.

For some unknown reason, the various animals near Spike suddenly fled in different directions. Grunting in annoyance, the purple drakeling chased after the snake first, to ensure it didn't eat any of the other animals.

Without having paid any attention to her dragon assistant, Twilight Sparkle rolled up her map and placed it within her saddlebag before speaking. "See? Spike's got the situation in hoof. I mean claw."

"But he doesn't seem up to..." Fluttershy murmured before closing her eyes and hiding her face further behind her mane. "I mean..." She then squeaked.

"Okay!" Twilight snapped, reminding Naruto of a Chuunin giving out orders. "Squad, let's move out!"

The lavender unicorn sped down the road out of town, setting a strenuous pace that none of the other mares had difficulty keeping up with. Seven took to the air while Naruto had to run to match the speed the ponies displayed. Still, thanks to the demonic aberration sealed within the blonde, he was able to run alongside the mares the entire distance to the base of Whistling Peak.

00000

Naruto had to lean back a good distance, sticking to the ground with an application of chakra, just to see the top of Whistling Peak. It was an immense mountain with an almost sheer rock face. Naruto took a closer look at the stone to find many porous holes peppering most of the mountain. If he remembered correctly, such stone was called "igneous" and was the result of volcanic activity, meaning that Whistling Peak may have been a volcano in the distant past and was now extinct. Or that it was merely sleeping. Considering that it was less than a day's run from Ponyville, Naruto hoped it was the former.

The mares wasted no time walking up the nigh-vertical cliff to reach the first plateau. Rainbow Dash hovered above the group, Seven keeping pace with her. Naruto was surprised to see that only Twilight and Pinkie were actually using chakra to stick to the rough stone. He was about to ask why Applejack and Rarity weren't using their chakra when Twilight noticed that they had left Fluttershy behind.

Naruto turned around to see Angel giving a bush at the base of the rock wall a glare.

"Come on, Fluttershy!" the lavender mare coaxed. "We need the medic to keep up!"

The yellow mare poked her head out of the bush and muttered something about the mountain being too high.

Naruto scratched the back of his head. Isn't she a pegasus? Doesn't she like flying?

"It is a mountain!" shouted Rainbow Dash. "You could just fly up it, you know!"

The medic poked her hoof at the ground for a couple of seconds before extending her wings and flapping them, gaining altitude. However, when she was about three meters off of the ground, the echo of the slumbering dragon's snore reached them. Fluttershy's pupils shrank in size as her wings suddenly folded against the sides of her body. She fell right into the bush she had been hiding in earlier.

Angel brought a forepaw to his forehead with a resounding "thwack". The mare crawled out of the shrub and tried to pry her wings from the sides of her body, to no avail.
Naruto rolled his eyes and began hopping his way back down the mountain. By the time he got to the bottom, another draconic snore reached their range of hearing and the yellow mare flipped over onto her back, trembling in fear. Naruto shrugged, figuring that she might be afraid of dragons.

"Naruto," called Twilight, "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to carry Fluttershy up the mountain!" Naruto called back as he began gathering his chakra.

"No offense, sugarcube, but Ah don't think ya got enough muscle-power to pull that one off," called Applejack.

Naruto rolled his eyes as he put his index and middle fingers of both hands into a cross formation. By putting forth a massive amount of chakra, Naruto began his signature jutsu. The remaining chakra in his body was split evenly into seven portions, one of which he kept himself.

"Kagebunshin no jutsu!" yelled the blonde as an explosion of smoke surrounded him.

The chakra smoke quickly cleared to reveal seven Narutos. One of them barked commands for the rest of them to carry the yellow mare up the mountain. That particular blonde human turned to see Angel rubbing his chin in thought.

"Coming, Angel?"

The rabbit nodded and leapt into Naruto's arms. The thirteen-year-old ninja began walking up the side of the cliff, while his clones, carrying the catatonic mare, followed behind.

My life has gotten surreal, he thought.

"What kind of spell is that!?" exclaimed the lavender mare when Naruto caught up with her.

"It's a ninjutsu," he replied. "One that I'm really good at!"

"I can tell they're solid," murmured Twilight. "I can create illusionary copies, but none that are actually physically there! What are they composed of?"

"From what I remember from the description on the scroll, they are made of shadows and chakra given solid form. There was some sort of technical babble about memory that went along with it, but I didn't understand it."

"Hmmm," Twilight hummed, obviously in thought.

00000

After fifteen minutes, Fluttershy regained consciousness and the clones put her down. She was confused to see seven blonde humans, all identical to one another.

"Boss," one of the clones said. "She's awake!"

Naruto nodded and dispelled the clones. His head began to throb for a short moment.

He suddenly had six sets of memories of carrying the yellow mare. One of the sets of memories was of being frustrated by the mare's pink hair and how it kept getting in his face.

Weirdest experience ever, he thought to himself. He turned his head to see Twilight's expectant look. "What?"

"Your left eyebrow twitched and you had a slight grimace," she replied. "It only happened once your bunshin evaporated into smoke. Have you never had them running for longer than a few minutes?"

While still cradling Angel with his left hand, Naruto rubbed his chin with his right. "Come to think of it, no. I haven't."

"Do you suddenly remember carrying Fluttershy?"

"Actually, yes."

Twilight grinned. "I have an idea I'd like to try once we return to Ponyville."

It was only a few minutes later that they came upon a gap in the pathway. They were on a smaller part of Whistling Peak and would have to walk on open air to get onto the mountain proper. Seven and Rainbow simply hovered across whereas Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie jumped the distance. Following them were Twilight and Naruto, who both easily made the leap. Fluttershy peeked over the ledge and crouched down, shuddering.

Rainbow dragged a hoof across her face and groaned. "Sometimes that mare gets on my nerves."

Twilight, ignoring the comments that the dragonhide-wearing mare was making, called out to Fluttershy. "What's wrong?"

"I-it's too high!" she whimpered.

"You can do it!" Pinkie cheered. "It's just a hop, skip, and a jump!"

"We don't have time for this," murmured Rainbow as Pinkie began singing, easily leaping back and forth over the gap.

"Come on and move your little rump,
"It's just a hop, skip, and a jump!"

Fluttershy smiled slightly and tried to follow Pinkie's example. "A hop, skip-"

"Just don't look down!" Twilight blurted out, immediately covering her mouth with a hoof.

Unfortunately, as psychology dictates, Fluttershy did the one thing she was told not to do. She looked down and panicked.

Luckily, the gap wasn't actually that wide as she reached the far end with her front hooves. Her rear hooves were still firmly planted on the side she started from, but her form was shivering in terror.

"She's a pegasus who's afraid of heights," commented Naruto, eliciting a chuckle from Seven. "Now I've seen everything."

Angel leapt from Naruto's arms and kicked off of his nose, landing on Seven's head. Before the stallion could react, the rabbit began stomping on his nose. "Owowowowowowowowowowowow!"

Angel quickly jumped onto Pinkie's back and stuck his tongue out at the human and opliptera as the gray stallion rubbed his nose.

Naruto shook his head and created a pair of shadow clones on the other side to push Fluttershy across the gap safely. Rarity helped by using a bolt of cloth to pull the frightened mare.

"'Sokay, Fluttershy," Applejack coaxed. "Yer on solid ground now."

00000

After a few minutes of walking, Twilight warned the rest of the party of impending danger. "My map says that this next stretch is an avalanche zone, so we need to be quiet."

"Ava- ava-" stuttered Fluttershy only to be shushed by Rainbow and Rarity.

Naruto, seeing a potential problem with how jumpy the medic pony was, began building his chakra and held onto it for immediate use.

There were several minutes of pregnant silence as the group snuck down the path, but Naruto noticed a little too late when Rainbow accidentally brushed the branch of a tree. A few leaves began to gently glide down and one of them landed on Fluttershy's tail. As the mare freaked out, screaming "AVALANCHE!" (before getting cut off by Applejack's armored hoof being stuck in her mouth), Naruto quickly spawned about a hundred shadow clones who raced up the side of the cliff in an effort to intercept any large rocks or boulders that may have begun to roll down the mountain.

As the ground began to rumble, the party began to run. The larger boulders that Naruto's clones couldn't redirect were smashed to dust by Seven. The opliptera was wreathed in a dark aura as he punched the stones, reducing each to rubble. The smaller rocks then burst apart as residual energy from Seven's aura shattered them.
Applejack made use of her powerful legs and kicked away many of the stones while Fluttershy hid near her. Pinkie slashed at the ones she couldn't dodge with a gigantic baker's peel, bisecting them. One of Naruto's clones noticed that the utensil was vibrating for some reason before he was dispelled by an unlucky rock to the head.
Naruto made good use of the kawarimi no jutsu (Body Replacement Technique), switching himself with stones that were about his weight to avoid being hit by any boulders he or his clones couldn't knock away.

Rarity used the scrolls on her back to create an elastic awning above her head, causing most of the rubble above her to bounce away. Twilight shared this shelter with her and used her magic to blast any boulders too big and heavy for Rarity's cloth shield to deal with.

Rainbow simply dodged everything the mountain tried to drop on her while keeping an eye out for any rocks that might blind-side her companions. She redirected a few that wouldn't have been stopped by the others.

As the dust cleared, the group discovered that the path ahead had been turned into a mess of dirt and rubble which would seriously impede any progress forward. Similarly, the path behind them had rubble strewn all about it and would hinder their ability to retreat.

Naruto coughed out "Nobody's stone-cold, are they?" earning him a couple of glares for the pun.

Seven shook his head and landed next to Naruto. "I do not like the looks of this. This rubble could seriously hinder our retreat if we needed to get the mares out of here."

Naruto nodded as his remaining clones tried to shift some of the rubble off of the path to clear it, but much of the earth had settled and was difficult to move.

"I do think we still need to at least try to get that dragon off of the mountain," he replied. "None of us are injured and it would be shameful to just give up when we're almost to the top."

Seven wore an unreadable expression, not showing approval for the plan, but also lacking any reservations about going through with it. Naruto realized that this was simply part of his test: whether he would play it safe and retreat or if he would press on and get the job done.

Inwardly, Naruto sighed. Just like the Chuunin Exams - this test is obviously a mind-game. He hoped he was making the right decision by pressing forward, similarly to how he had pressed on in the Chuunin Exams so far.

Applejack then caught Naruto's attention as the armored mare began gathering chakra. While the boy had piss-poor sensing ability, even he could feel the chakra she was putting out. She charged at the pile of boulders in front of them and cried out in exertion.

"Doton: Taiseki Ishibiya!" (Earth Release: Boulder Cannon)

She swung around on her forehooves, using her momentum to kick the nearest large stone with her rear legs. It rocketed into the pile of rubble, blasting most of the boulders off of the path and into the valley below.

Pinkie bounced over to Applejack. "Where'd you learn a move like that, A.J.?"

"Muh Pa taught it to me before he and Ma died," she replied.

Pinkie's ears drooped as she realized that she must have brought up painful memories for Applejack, but the farmpony was having none of that.

"Now don't ya git all sad on me now!" she chastised, her tone playful.

"Why would your father know such a jutsu?" Twilight asked, her curiosity overriding any reservations she might have had about another pony's deceased parents.

"He either invented it or learned it so he could git rid of rocks that got in th' way of the plow," she replied, closing her eyes. A blissful smile staked claim on her face shortly after.

"Applejack," Naruto began, an idea forming in his head. "I don't like the idea that our path down the mountain is blocked when we have a potential enemy is in front of us. Do you think you have enough chakra to perform that feat again?"

"Ya'll want an escape route?" she snapped. "Us Apples don't ever run from a fight!"

Fluttershy squeaked and hid behind Seven. The opliptera simply watched with a stoic expression.

"It's not running away!" Naruto shouted back. "It's a tactical withdrawal! I'd rather complete the mission at a future time than lose any teammates and fail the mission!"

Applejack stomped up to Naruto and glared into his eyes. Naruto glared right back at her, neither of them flinching in the slightest.

Naruto could hear some muttering between Rainbow, Rarity, and Twilight.

"Ten bits on A.J."

"A lady never gambles, Darling."

"How 'bout you, Twilight?"

"No thanks."

"Spoilsport..."

After several tense moments, the orange mare opened her mouth.

"So yer gunna give up if'n things get too hairy up there?"

"No, we'll just come back again later with greater numbers."

Applejack slowly smirked at this. Without a word, she side-stepped the human and charged at the rubble blocking their path back down.

00000

Near the top of Whistling Peak, the group of seven ponies (plus one human) finally reached a small plateau. As they cleared the final ledge, they could see the gaping maw of a cave, black smoke billowing out of its depths.

"Alright," Twilight began. "Here's the plan: Rainbow, your job is to hide in the smoke above and strike should the dragon wish to fight. Pinkie and Rarity are to provide a distraction-"

The purple unicorn trailed off as the fuchsia mare pulled a pair of rubber chickens out from nowhere, tied by their necks with a braided cord. Rarity merely shrugged at Pinkie's act and gestured for Twilight to continue.

"- while Applejack and Seven go for the eyes. But hopefully it won't come to that." She turned to the yellow pegasus, eliciting a squeak from Fluttershy. "Fluttershy, Naruto, and I will do what we need to do to wake the dragon and persuade him to leave. Everypony ready?"

After getting affirmative answers from most of the group, Twilight trotted into the mouth of the cavern, Naruto close behind.

"Fluttershy, you're the animal expert. What is the best way to wake a sleeping dragon?"

"Uh," replied Naruto. "She stayed outside, actually."

"What!?" she scoffed. "We don't have time for this!"

She quickly cantered back to find that Fluttershy had stuck her head in a hole in the dirt. Using her telekinesis, she yanked on the pegasus' tail.
Naruto stood just inside the mouth of the cave and watched the mares argue over whether Fluttershy should go into the cave to face the dragon or not. Seven soon joined him.

"Do you have a plan?" the dark gray pony asked.

"I'm going to have shadow clones holding a kawarimi to be able to get the girls out of the line of fire if necessary."

The opliptera nodded.

After ten minutes, Fluttershy walked away from the cave, Angel close behind. Shrugging, Naruto created thirteen shadow clones and sent two to follow the pegasus and her rabbit.

Twilight sighed before she entered the cavern's mouth, one of the Narutos following close behind.

The various Narutos shook their heads when the lavender mare tried to look at things optimistically.

"He probably doesn't even know what he's doing, right?"

The other four mares, hiding outside, voiced their agreement. The Naruto following Twilight looked up to see Seven crawling along the roof of the cave, weaving silently through the stalagmites.

They found the dragon not far from the entrance, snoring atop a pile of gems and gold large enough to gild the entire Hokage Monument back in Konoha. The wyrm himself was a massive red beast with a long beak of a mouth filled with hundreds of razor-sharp teeth. His dark green spines led from the back of his head all the way to the tip of his tail. Clutched in his massive talons were piles of various gems and other riches and treasures.

"Excuse me," Twilight said loud enough to not quite count as shouting. The dragon's eyes snapped open, slitted irises focusing immediately on the source of the noise. The yellow eyes revealed a great deal of intelligence and a touch of irritation at being woken.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle," she continued. "And the human is Naruto. My friends and I are citizens of Equestria-"

Before she could continue, the wyrm snorted out a cloud of smoke, choking the mare and Naruto's clone. But she pressed on.

"-Ponyville, to be exact. Normally, we'd just let a dragon sleep wherever he or she wanted, but your snoring is producing a great deal of smoke. Equestria can't survive the next one hundred years in a dark haze."

She stepped closer to the muzzle of the dragon, causing him to lift his head to reveal a set of tan-yellow underscales running down his throat and over his stomach.

"You understand, don't you?" she pleaded.

The dragon sat on his haunches and stretched, scratching his sides.

"So you'll leave?"

As a retort, the wyrm merely collapsed back onto his hoard before blowing a great cloud of smoke at Twilight and Naruto, driving them out of the cave, hacking and coughing.

00000

Trying again, Rarity and a Naruto clone entered the cavern to try and get the dragon to leave.

"So sorry to in-ter-ru-upt!" sang the white mare.

Confused, the wyrm opened his eyes.

"I apologize, but I just couldn't leave without mentioning how handsome you are."

Blinking, the dragon smiled.

"It's obvious that you take such good care of your scales. And your spines? Simply gorgeous!"

At the mention of the spines, they raised up straighter than they were before.

"Too bad they have to be hidden away in this silly, dark cave."

The wyrm grumbled a bit in agreement.

"In my opinion, you should be out there, showing them off!"

Grinning, he sat up on his haunches and ran his claws over his spines. Naruto then took note of Rarity, who had put quite a bit of jewelry on her person.

"I'd be more than happy to watch your gems while you're gone..."

The wyrm growled immediately. "I may have hatched at night, but it wasn't last night!"

With surprising quickness, the dragon slammed his forearm into the floor between Rarity and his horde, dragging that portion back to the main pile. Rarity giggled nervously before running back towards the mouth, dropping the precious items she tried to pilfer. The wyrm then slammed his fist down on the Naruto clone, dispelling it immediately.

00000

Why do I suddenly know what it's like to be crushed to death? Naruto wondered as Rarity made it outside.

As the white mare started lamenting about her inability to snag some gems (to the irritation of Twilight), the blonde ninja noticed Pinkie Pie wearing some sort of strange getup over her ninja outfit. She was wearing what looked like a gift box, some really big sunglasses, eight balloons tied to her tail, and a flipper on each hoof. Her veil had been removed to make room for the kazoo she held in her lips.

As Twilight chastised Rarity, Naruto sent a clone with Pinkie as she entered the mouth of the cave.

All the mares stopped arguing when they heard Pinkie blow on her kazoo and yell out "Hi!"

The dragon roared and the sound of popping balloons was heard. Pinkie was sent rocketing out of the cavern landing on her back. The box costume was badly damaged, none of the balloons had survived, and the sunglasses were missing a lens.

"Good thing your clone was there," Pinkie groaned. "I might have suffered broken bones if he hadn't jumped in the way."

Rolling onto her hooves, she added: "I don't think he likes sharing. Or laughter."

"That's IT!" yelled Rainbow, catching the attention of all the others. "We've tried persuasion, charm, whatever it is Pinkie Pie does-" She pumped her hoof. "-and none of them have worked. Diplomacy has failed!"

She rushed into the cave ignoring Applejack's shout of protest.

"GET OUT!" they heard her shout just before a crashing sound. The sound was followed by a roar. One of Naruto's clones switched with Ranbow inside the cave just as the interior lit up with dragonfire. The blonde winced as he suddenly knew how roasting alive would feel like.

His remaining clones scattered before the wyrm charged out of the cave. Seven was flitting about the dragon's head, turning to smoke on multiple occasions, trying his best to stick a blade in the dragon's eye. Furious, the wyrm snapped his jaws, clamping the tip of Seven's tail between his lips, forcing the opliptera to turn solid. He swung his head as he released the Night Guard's appendage, sending the opliptera crashing into a charging Applejack. The wyrm slapped Rainbow out of the sky with a wing as he used his tail to knock Twilight and Rarity off of their feet. Pinkie tried jumping at his neck, a gigantic, sharpened baker's peel swinging to lop off the dragon's head.

Of course, the dragon objected to that and punched Pinkie with his left claw, his right catching the utensil by the handle. The unfortunate mare was sent straight into the pile of other ponies, forcing them to tumble into a boulder. Applejack's head was the first thing to hit it, causing it to crack and crumble to dust.

As the wyrm was going to attack the dazed equines, he found his muzzle clamped shut against his will. His wings were painfully tied down to his sides, as his tail was rendered immobile. Each of his claws was pulled away from his center. He turned his head to see a number of Narutos each holding a wire restraining different part of his body. Just as he was about to thrash around, a yellow and pink something landed on his snout.

"How dare you!?" growled Fluttershy. "HOW DARE YOU!?"

He was so shocked by the anger in the little pony's voice that he stopped struggling immediately. It also didn't help that the gemstone on her throat was glowing.

"Just because you're big, it doesn't mean that you get to hurt my friends!" She stomped along his face until she was right in his eye. "You got that!?"

He frowned before she yelled at him. Her necklace responded by shining brightly.

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!?"

He swallowed. "Yes." He quickly regained his nerve. "But that rainbow one kicked me!"

"And I'm very sorry about that," she replied with less heat. "But that doesn't give you the right to retaliate with violence. Besides, you're bigger than her - you should know better."

Naruto cocked his head for a moment, confused while the dragon stammered a response.

"But I-"

"Don't you 'but I' me, mister!"

Upside-down to the wyrm's perspective, Naruto peeked into his vision. "You should listen to the lady."

The dragon looked up with his eyes to see the human ninja standing on his brow, a naked katana poised to stab him in the eye. A quick glance at the semi-conscious lavender mare showed that across her back was an empty sheath.

"Besides," Fluttershy began, regaining the wyrm's attention, "you should know better than to take your nap where your smoke may cause a health hazard to creatures weaker than you."

"Hn," he murmured. "Very well. Release me from my bonds and I will move my lair."

While Fluttershy smiled, Naruto frowned. "I didn't hear you say you wouldn't kill us once we released you, Scaley."

Just before Fluttershy could chastise Naruto, the wyrm chuckled. "Smart boy. I suppose you would need some form of insurance?"

Naruto had a sudden flash of inspiration. "Your Contract."

The dragon grinned. "Indeed. I could let you sign the Contract, but only if you agree to summon me for fights that are worth my time."

"Deal," said another Naruto who stepped out from behind a rock outcropping.

Smirking, the dragon's right claw glowed. Suddenly, a scroll appeared within its clutches. Naruto walked up to the claw and took the roll of parchment nearly as big as he was and unfurled it on the ground.

"Write your name in your own blood and make a handprint in blood with the hand you will be summoning me with," instructed the wyrm.

Naruto paused. He figured that he might be limited to just two different contracts, one for each hand. He decided that he should summon this dragon with his left hand rather than his right (which he would keep reserved for the Pony Contract, if they would have him).

As soon as Naruto had placed the handprint on the scroll, it rolled shut and disappeared in a flash of light.

"Uzumaki Naruto? Interesting name. I am Basil of the Scorched Sky family. The Scorched Sky is nine flights' strong!"

Naruto's clones began to approach the dragon, allowing the wires to have slack. The Naruto on Basil's head started unwrapping the wire holding the dragon's jaw shut, Twilight's katana over his shoulder.

When the various ponies had finally disentangled themselves from each other, Seven left the group to approach the real Naruto. "Was this your plan the whole time?"

"No, but I realized that Basil could catch us if we tried to flee. I had to change the plan on the fly."

"And signing his Contract?"

"Bonus loot."

00000

End Chapter Two.

Next chapter: return to Konoha. With Pinkie.

Author's Note:

Time sure flies when real life keeps dumping stuff on you. I was going to get this out sooner, but... yeah.

Anyway, thank you Dumbledork for correcting my mistakes.

Thanks go to Llisandur for fixing AJ's dialogue.

The term "opliptera" was lifted from What Must be Done by Vargras.

Not much to say regarding the chapter, so how about a life update?
- Got new computer for Christmas.
- We were going to move during Feb/March, but we decided against it.
- Got our tax return in.
- No longer in debt.
- Our roomie lost her job due to her boss' stupidity.
- Got a boatload of Magic: the Gathering cards for my 27th birthday.
- Another plotbunny keeps bothering me. I'll start working on it soon.
- It actually snowed in Tucson on the 20th of February.

Thanks for all the support. To quote Dusty: "Stay manly my friends."