• Published 30th Dec 2011
  • 35,873 Views, 2,638 Comments

Human - DannyJ



The Human of legend has been released, and the Brotherhood makes its move.

  • ...
125
 2,638
 35,873

PreviousChapters Next
Meanwhile in the Lowlands...

THIS IS WAR! GRAND APOCALYPSE PLUNGES EQUESTRIA INTO CONFLICT.

A mere five days after our beloved Princess Celestia was slain by a monster straight out of Equestrian legend, the human known as Lord Second returned to deal another fatal blow, this time to the country itself. The creatures (debate still continues whether to call them zombies, the undead, the infected, walkers, ghouls, inferi, Zack, draugr, or some other strange variation), were first seen rising from their graves in a small cemetery halfway up the Canterlot Mountain, and have since spread far and wide across the country.

In the days since the fall of Canterlot, national attention has turned to the crisis that followed that event, as Equestria now finds itself without a capital, head of state, or clear idea of what to do. And it doesn't help that many cities all have very different ideas of what exactly is the appropriate response.

Cloudsdale, central hub of pegasus activity in the country, has declared itself the number one safe spot for ponies right now, pointing out that the zombies (because let's be honest with ourselves, they are zombies), and various other dangers brought by the Grand Apocalypse are all ground-bound.

Indeed, the Cloudsdale city council has been in debate for several days now arguing over whether it would be a good idea to just bring every pegasus above the clouds and cover all of Equestria in a cloud curtain, in hopes that Lord Second and the zombies would leave them alone.

This proposal, conceived by Councillor Eden, was promptly opposed by every other member of the council except for severe brain damage sufferer Councillor Binks, pointing out that Lord Second can fly now and that the idea for starting a so-called "pegasus enclave" would accomplish nothing but earning the ire of the rest of Equestria and making the situation even worse. Councillor Binks, who won his seat in office after accidentally helping to save the life of his predecessor, says that his support of Eden is part of a new strategy.

Due to archaic laws from the days of the three tribes requiring unanimous agreement to bring an argument to rest in all council matters, and Councillors Eden and Binks's continued refusal to drop the matter, this "debate" looks to go on for a long time.

Hoofington meanwhile has further devolved into chaos and anarchy, with the city returning to the ancient pseudo-tribal culture for which it is famous and declaring itself independent of the rest of Equestria, and no longer recognising its old name.

Though the city is still open to "everyone except brain-munchers," it steadfastly refuses to listen to directives of any government bodies not based within its own walls, and insists that all visitors must pay tribute to their new leader, "The King in Green," with a reminder to "hail his majesty, his divine webbed feet, and his gloriously vile tongue, for he is the great slimy one to whom we owe our greatness and who protects us all from the unenlightened ones and the ugly grey things."

The city's spokespony further added "ph'nglui mglw'nafh Third Kaprea wgah'nagl fhtagn." When further questioned on what exactly was wrong with all of them, Hoofington officials refused to speak further to our reporters.

And the big cities aren't the only ones holding out against the onslaught of the undead. Small towns such as Ponyville and Rainbow's Rest nearest to Canterlot have already made fortifications to hold out against the hordes of the damned. Though many such towns have already been overrun, small pockets of survivors still hold out wherever they can. I spoke to one Toffee Apple while visiting Ponyville to get her word on the situation.

"We're doing okay," she told me. "Ponyville has plenty of fortifications, and plenty of able-bodied mares and stallions to hold them back. Of course, right now we're all cowering in this single building because those defences came down when the town was invaded by literal demons from Tartarus for some reason, but we're cautiously optimistic that things will get better."

"Indeed," I said. "And have you suffered many casualties in defending the town?"

"Oh, loads! Before the fence was destroyed, we had nine times the number you see here now. Zombies ate and infected most of us. We've all lost friends and loved ones. But it could be worse, I suppose. I mean, we could have zombie dragons."

"Yes, and how do you feel about the reports that Trottingham is in fact currently being beseiged by a zombie dragon?"

"Well, it's terrible! That's why I said it could be worse for us. We don't have zombie dragons here. Just regular zombies. I wish the ponies of Trottingham all the best."

CONTINUED ON PAGE TWO.

Lord Second threw his newspaper aside callously.

"Gay. I wonder what's on TV?"

He sat down on Celestia's throne and picked up a remote control. A television the size of a cinema screen came to life with a burst of static on the other side of the hall, and its speakers began blaring a distorted sound. Second covered his ears for a moment, and then snapped his fingers. The picture and audio corrected.

"AND COMING UP NEXT ON THE SECOPOLIS CHANNEL, IT'S APOCALYPSE WATCH! ONE SOLID HOUR OF EQUESTRIANS BEING EATEN BY ZOMBIES!"

Howard gasped.

"My favourite!"

He reached down to the side of the throne, and lifted up a bag of popcorn.

"Today is a good day!"

END.

Author's Note:

This isn't a real update, it's just something to pass the time until the next chapter does come. I'm sorry they've all been so slow lately, but they were all meant to be one huge chapter and splitting them up has made organisation complicated. Plus with everything else going on in my life right now, I've been struggling with it. The new chapter is coming, and I promise I won't make you wait forever. Just give me a little longer.

Next Chapter: Satan does stuff.

PreviousChapters Next