• Published 4th Nov 2012
  • 1,111 Views, 15 Comments

The Guardian Angel of Ponyville - Diokno44



Ponyville is being watched. By a being of silence.

  • ...
22
 15
 1,111

2. Meeting Fluttershy

I knew it would be breaking my oath, but I had to save her, a beacon of pure, perfect innocence. Not long after, I had spotted her. She had been cornered by three Earth Ponies, 2 male, 1 female. Moving quickly, a tendril sprang from my back, whipping the stallion closest me into a pile of wooden boxes, knocking him out cold. The mare turned towards me, flicking a switchblade, and advancing towards me. As her left hoof swung the knife at me, I doged the knife, grabbed her hoof with my own, and backhoofed he head, sending her tumbling into the dust.

The remaining stallion stared at me, terror in his eyes. I started walking toards him, but he bolted out of there. Breaking my oath of silence, I turned to Fluttershy, who was slowly getting up off the ground, her basket of fruit and vegetables in one hoof, her other rubbing her temples. "Are you alright, Mrs. Shy?" I asked, having had my first conversation with another living soul in, what, 500 or so years. "Ye-yes sir." Fluttershy said, her voice barely above a whisper, but I could hear her clear as day. "Your that nice pony who watches over Ponyville right? I've seen you on that cliff, you must be so lonely, up there." She knew, the thought raced through my mind. "Yes, I guess it is pretty lonely up there." I said, not knowing why I kept continuing to break my oath of silence. Yet, Fluttershy, one of the kindest, sweestest ponies I have ever known, her mere presence calmed me. "Well, you could stay with me, or one of my other friends. I was just going to go to a picnic with them." She said, gesturing at me to come with her with but a hoof. I folowed her.

About ten minutes, we had arrived at the picnic site. The other 5 Elements, alongside Spike, all sat on your average red and white checkered blanket. The nearby stream babbled as we got closer. "Hi girls, and Spike, this is my friend, Mr-oh, im sorry, I never asked you your name." Fluttershy said, turning towards me. My old name had been in disuse for centuries, I just stopped using it, though I still knew it. "Slendermane, my name is Slendermane" I said, adjusting my tie.

The remaining Elements greeted me with a warm smile, which surprised even me. I guess, isolation can do that to a stallion. "Oh, your new, great! No I can throw you a "Welcome to Ponyville Slendy Party" yay!" Pinkie Pie said, hopping up and down, while simultaneously eating a dandelion and daisy sandwhich.

As I sat down and chatted with the mares and young drake, how had beated the odds, a very strange thing occured just then.

I smiled, inwardly.

In hundreds of year, a smile had never come, not because my face was blank, but, there was nothing to smile about. It was just that Spike's stomach gurgled, at he spat out a letter from green fire.