• Published 9th Oct 2012
  • 883 Views, 6 Comments

Life is an Adventure - Floozer



My life is looking good, so this clearly means fate has to make it much harder. Sadly.

  • ...
3
 6
 883

Chapter 7

How many days has it been since these thoughts really started to eat at me? I remember talking to Zecora about them…four days ago I think? I figured it was just another one of those things that you laugh about and then forget but, the truth is exactly the opposite. I laughed at them, oh yes I did, but that was the wrong thing to do as they now haunt me every day! Nothing clicks together, I don’t have the answers and thinking with business isn’t helping for once!

Am I losing myself to this place? Can having a massive change to your life style change who you are? Is this new attitude I have been using really what I want to be? These are the most frequently asked questions and I can’t find an answer. For once in my life I am honestly scared. I can’t kick questions away no matter how long or strong my legs are…it’s like having an annoying little kid dance around you while being tied to a pole, you can only stand there and listen as it babbles on and on and things you would rather ignore.

Worst of all is the fact that I can’t keep this hidden behind my business smile. I notice how Twilight has been giving me worried looks as I meander around aimlessly in the library. Apple Jack has been staring at me and asking if everything is alright. Pinkie Pie has been poking me nonstop for things that make humans happy. Finally Rainbow Dash says that am getting a bit carried away when we spar. This is getting out of my hands, everything is falling through my fingers and the only ways to get things back on my track is to find answers. I don’t know where…nor can I stand being in this library much longer before I scream. A quick fight with Rainbow Dash should clear my mind, and then I can try searching the books around here for clues.

Without a word I left the library at a fast pace and headed for Rainbow Dashes cloud home. Today was her early shift on cloud duty so she should be home. I got enough self-control to get a good sparing round in without getting carried away…I hope. I reached her house rather quickly and called up to her. I waited around but I never got an answer so I tried again…and again but to no avail. I turned to leave but noticed there were hoof prints on the floor, several sets of them and still relatively new if I am looking at them right. They stopped right here behind were I was standing…then went right…near the ever free forest?

Why not follow them? I could use the distraction from all this thinking my brain is making me do. I followed the tracks which got rather difficult when the dirt faded and grass began but I just made the best guess and moved along. Eventually I began to hear voices, very faint, but still there. I couldn’t make out what they were saying but there is more than one voice…two…no three male voices and obviously Rainbow Dash’s voice. Just a bit further and I saw what was unfolding, three Pegasus guys were standing in front of Rainbow Dash while her back was to a tree, this is the tell-tale picture of a rather unfriendly talk.

“You heard us the first time Rainbow CRASH, you keep out of the next best young flyer competition and we won’t have to cripple you to make sure. Easy as that really.” claimed the blond one.

“I knew you guys were jerks but this is way beyond the level of low I thought of you. I thought we were cool after all that.”

“We was just caught up in the moment, now are you going to agree or is this going to get violent?” said the brown one.

The last one simply laughed as the others began approaching Dash; while I am sure she would have found a way out of this on her own I decided to step out from where I was crouching. It was either the fact that I thought of Rainbow as a good friend or it was all the thoughts or the fact that my mind was stilling feeling frazzled but upon approaching the three offenders I could tell I had the creepiest smile on my face.


“Hello boys! Having a fun chat with Rainbow Dash are you?”

“Shove off monkey man, this isn’t about you.”

“Oh but it is, Rainbow is a friend, a good friend. I heard what you said; you are threating her which justifies my next move.”

The blond one did even get the chance to think about what I was doing as my right heel connected smashed into his nose at a record breaking speed and power level sending him flying backwards and into a tree where he crumpled to the floor in a heap. Next was the brown on who attempted a buck but found only air where I was standing. I came down on his back forcing him to the floor and gave another good kick to his side sending him to land on top of his friend.

The last one was about to run but I did the last thing I would have ever done was I in my right mind, I rushed in front of him and firmly grasped his mane in my hands and brought him face to face with me. The look of terror in his eyes would have shocked me back into place but I was pretty far gone and ignored it.

“I normally kick the people I don’t like, but that doesn’t mean I can’t use my hands, they are far from worthless…like so!”

I gripped his mane firmly and brought him up and over my shoulder in some sort of judo throw that brought him down onto the floor head first. He landed with a thump and fell limp. I couldn’t help it; it was all just so funny! This world did this to me, no longer was I the business man who would only fight to keep things moving smoothly. Now I was fighting because that’s all I have left of myself! It’s just so funny! I threw my head back and laughed into the sky. I laughed and laughed and laughed until it turned into something I can only assume was maniac laughter. Everything and anything, it didn’t matter, it was just so funny.