• Published 4th Mar 2012
  • 17,814 Views, 536 Comments

Broken Spirit - Cryssy-miu



A story of struggle, redemption, friendship, and forgiveness.

  • ...
26
 536
 17,814

Author's Note

So, "Broken Spirit" is just about done with only two more chapters left, and then an epilogue. I'm hoping to have the second last chapter done sometime this weekend, but ABSOLUTELY no promises. I have a lot of work to do, but the good thing is some of it doesn't have to be done for a while. Anyway, I thought I'd give you all a preview of the next chapter and a brief synopsis of the next two chapters, plus the epilogue. The preview is teeny in comparison to the usual ones I write. But I can't give away too much.

Depending on how busy I am (I have three plays, a six paged essay, a final project, a research project, and exams coming up) it may be a while until I complete the next chapter. If anything, I'm more in the mood to write the final chapter because of how sentimental I'm feeling, to the point where I almost want to omit the next chapter completely. XD I can't though. The next chapter has an extremely significant plot advance and relationship advances.

But since I gave this to deviantart to get them all excited, I thought I'd give it to you all as well!

--

Chapter 16: After a first attempt goes brutally wrong, Fluttershy tries to push Discord and the princesses together once more and to rekindle the spark once between a certain draconequus and princess as they take a trip to the "Forest Of The Moonflowers" (Sentimental/romance) Here's a sneak peek and a look at what's coming up~

--

"So my question is...do you love her?"

Discord found his eyes falling to the dew platted grass under his feet as he fiddled with the used napkin. For once, the urge to violently wretch out the usually disgusting thoughts or make a snide remark to annoy her away from asking him something so deep never even came to his head. He felt his heart wash over with a genuine, ashamed sadness.

"....I don't know. I-I don't remember what it feels like to...to love someone." He tried to avert his downcast eyes, but found his chin suddenly held in the gentle, alabaster hoof. His mismatched eyes met Celestia's beautiful, violet orbs. She smiled at him, and gave a soft giggle.

"Discord...one can be out of touch with love, and they can forget how to express it." She leaned in closer, those angelic eyes focused right on his, her other unoccupied hoof taking his paw gently. "But they can never truly forget how to feel it."


--

Final Chapter: When Fluttershy starts to see some changes in Discord's behavior and realizes he needs something she can't give, she finds it hard to let him go. Of course, every guardian knows when their chicks are ready to leave the nest. (Sad; heavily inspired by a song I'm singing at my graduation called "Never Alone")

This chapter will really hit home for me and it'll be written based off the torrent of emotions I'm facing with graduating and leaving my school forever.

--

Epilogue: As the events of the soul searching journey Discord has had ties together, he finds a way to finally let his painful past rest. (Sentimental/romance/comedy/friendship)

--

Deleted scenes: (just as it said, scenes I deleted or wrote as a different way)

--

Detailed preview of "Distorted Worlds", the "Broken Spirit" sequel. Unlike a conflict of nightmares, strained relationships and recollections, this sequel is a true adventure and action packed story coupled with comedy, suspense, action, and sadness.

So far I only have bits and pieces of a plot in mind, and I will say the queen of the changelings is indeed a major character in this sequel. Screwball is as well. The story has two main plots and it will constantly switch between the events in the Realm of Disarray, Equestria, and another world.

--

And that's it. Hard to believe that's all that's left of "Broken Spirit" hm? It's been a huge part of my life for about seven months now and it'll be hard to finish it. XD But I hope you're all even more excited now that I've given off a few peeks.

Stay tuned~